Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Then again his brother apparently regularly shoves food is people's faces as a bit after saying he won't, sounds like he is also an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I feel like being out of toilet paper is an acceptable use case scenario for door dash if you absolutely have some kind of anxiety about going into stores

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Bramble posted:

Fiances “pranks” are costing me. (M25) (F25)

My advice is do not date fae, imps, or other minor demons.

Running brand new wipers dry is not going to gently caress them up after what sounds like less than a few minutes. Sounds like they were lovely wipers. But dump that boyfriend in the ocean, what an idiot.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

"his job" OP described themself as 40F

Yes he is 40 Fahrenheit, very cold

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You don't sit in a chair across the room and look at the baby getting pushed out. You sit next to your wife and hold her hand.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In AITA if the question is AITA for [innocuous thing] the answer is almost always yes an when it is AITA for [thing that sounds horrible when summarized in half a sentence] the answer is usually surprisingly no.

AITA for making scrambled eggs? Horrifying behavior you can't believe they aren't estranged from their family

AITA for telling my mom to jump off a bridge? Turns out they were totally justified

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Neito posted:

I dunno if there's some missing reasons here or something, but it seems off. I'm not a parent, but seven seems old enough to expect a child to be able to put themselves to bed, right?

My 10yo still doesn't put himself to bed. He's gotten better, he actually will have his lights off now and will fall asleep in like 5 minutes if I sit in a chair and read Tolkien or Pratchett. It used to take up to an hour.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I bet his rear end could beat Bobby Flay though

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

She's not the rear end in a top hat but she shouldn't have said gently caress off. That's only gonna cause yourself more problems.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Total Meatlove posted:

Nah the less you give racists social niceties the more they stop being racist scum, tell them to gently caress off forever.

I'm not saying give social niceties, but having dealt with a lot of people like that telling someone to gently caress off there's a greater than 50% chance they are going to disproportionally retaliate, and the systems in place like school administration are going to defer to the racist.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Defiance Industries posted:

Oh no she was too mean to the racist

She was morally in the right with how mean she was, but that doesn't make it a good idea

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How is a cat getting pregnant one cats fault and not the other's. Unless the cat broke into the others house. If the neighbor has a cat they let outside unsupervised and didn't get it spayed that's their own fuckin fault

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

kdrudy posted:

There were three people in my small rural school with my name. It worked out that the one ahead of me was about 6'5", I'm about average male height, and the one after me had dwarfism so people just called us big Kyle, middle Kyle and little Kyle if there was confusion.

Should have called middle Kyle regular sized Kyle

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Matt
Matthew
Mathias
Matty
Marty
Mateo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

when i worked at a korean company with a large us presence the korean employees living in the us wpuld pick an english name. favorites were doogie and romeo.

I work at a Korean company and same.

My favorite was Mr Heo (pronounced Hur) made his name Ben

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's a black Stormy?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

American culture is stupid on burps. If you need to burp, do it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If she called him angry a "few minutes later" than she was ready at like 6:05 instead of 6. They wouldn't be missing anything. This idiot just said "It's 6 I'm sick of this poo poo" when they wouldn't have even been late. Went off and pouted in silence while his wife was in the goddamn bathroom without even asking if she was nearly ready.

The vibe I get from his tone and behavior is that they constantly get to the movies and miss the Maria Menounoz commercials but not even the trailers, and he felt the need to "teach a lesson"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for causing a lot of drama over a book cover?

so OP's a woman and ted's a great guy, OP's friend from the other side of the country says so

This whole thing is fuckin bizarre. I do not understand the nature of Ted and OPs relationship. They met at a work event, and within a couple weeks he was calling her dead husband his brother and himself.her kids dad? He is so closely intertwined in their life he is staying over at OPs house, but has his own adult children and girlfriend? He seems like he does have money so would have no need to be staying with a random woman he met recently whom he has no romantic relationship with. This is some kind of drama nexus.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The "chronically late" wife didn't do anything wrong. He wanted to leave at 6, she stopped her game on her own at 5:45 and was getting ready. She was ready "a few minutes" after 6 by his own admission and he had built unnecessary buffer time into their trip to a 4 hour long baseball game.

He behaves like a child and has a tantrum and leaves without saying a word when she's not ready at 6 on the dot, and is like "but trust me bro this is a huge problem with her"(no examples listed), I don't know why anyone is believing his version of things.

He just sounds like a control freak who has to be everywhere early for no reason.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Call me crazy but it seems like it would be less effort to pour your pee bottle in the toilet and flush, than to take them to the attic.

Also where is this guy working from home that he needs to pee in a bottle and can't take breaks, Amazon!?

Also Jesus Christ use a sock! I am guessing he does not do any of his own laundry so his wife would then know the terrible secret that he masturbAtes

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Sep 27, 2023

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Her husband puts on the cockring and turns invisible

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DrManiac posted:

I honestly don't see a fair way to solve this. I think it would be super lovely for the one kid to not get anything because he did t want to walk the same path his dad did, but the daughter is the one who put the work in. You can't really just divide the business because the son doesn't know how to run it.

He doesn't have to not get anything, he just doesn't get the business

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for leaving my sister out in the rain?

What's the "hobby", OP??

If this sister named Cake?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

If you are going to have an outdoor wedding make sure you are in a desert or something, because you are going to be immensely stressed the last month about whether or not it will rain, the whole thing can be ruined by something you have absolutely no control over

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for refusing my sisters offer to pay for the gender reveal scan?

What the hell is a gender reveal scan? I've literally never heard of it, and been through two pregnancies. Each time we had a standard ultrasound at check up and the nurse or doctor asks if we want to know the gender (we said nah care either way we did not want a bunch of gendered baby presents), which they can easily tell from the ultrasound in most cases. There was no additional scanning service, they just knew what it was and wrote it on the medical chart for later.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah for our pregnancy we both thought knowing was going to be more trouble than it was worth and being annoyance from family members and friends like projecting a whole person onto the baby so we just told them we wanted it to be a surprise.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

QuarkJets posted:

It's nice knowing, so you can start planning on a name. You don't have to tell anyone else. I wouldn't pay for a special gender scan, that seems like a waste of time

We just chose a name for each. Xyborgbaron if a boy and Techno Mechanicus is it was a girl

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only moral adoption is the one that I caused

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

"My kid will never get a girlfriend with a rack this big, you're setting unrealistic precedent and expectations!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My husband is cheating on me constantly it seems, and doing something with his mistress involving socks

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Runcible Cat posted:

He's cheating on you with the socks OP

Wait that's why little baby socks keep coming out of the dryer and we don't have any kids

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Engage your latent Catholicism and pull out

Wait, that's Rhythm. Nevermind pretend this joke made sense

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It would look suspicious to his wife if he didn't rob this kid blind. Like "hmm, normally my husband would rob a kid blind but instead he's treating this one like family..."

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Desert Bus posted:

Were there any episodes where the Friends wrestled?

Yeah

The One Where The Friends Wrestle with PTSD After 9/11

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You either take what you get or you freak out and yell at and abuse the staff. Those are the only two options.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think that guy's Halmeoni is dead.

I also think the story is made up, she put so much emphasis on the Harmony part and then how her friend who takes a lot of foreign languages was horrified, without saying the language. Like setting up a little riddle for the reader

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

poo poo I don't even collect Legos and I have spent at least $1000 on them between like 3 nostalgia grown up sets for me and a bunch of Lego Mario sets for my kid

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for telling my daughter not to spend money on her classroom because it makes the rest of us look bad?

you know those teachers who, decades after you've left school, you still remember and think back fondly on? yeah, well OP ain't one of 'em

OP is right, you should never put your own income into your job. And that's creating an expectation for other people at that school to spend their own hard earned money making up for funding deficiency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Imagine his girlfriend was a Baptist and kept puking out the Bible and asking to go over a chapter with you