Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Everyone below this post is a Satan shitplane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Nice try but everyone knows gas station sushi is not a real thing and is just a harmful stereotype about the states.

I live in Atlantic Canada and we have gas station lobster. It's a common thing during lobster season to see someone parked at a gas station and selling live lobster from the back of their truck. Best lobster too since it's usually fresh off the boat that morning and cheaper by a few bucks a pound compared to the local markets.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Mx. posted:

I wanna live like common people
I wanna do whatever common people do
Wanna sleep with common people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ainyK6fXku0

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I can't imagine a 23 year old having enough experience to be a hotel GM. Even with training, there's a lot to be said for experience. OP should have been gunning for the Front Desk Manager position to start with.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

quote:

Edit: people keep asking for the recipe so I'll just pop it on here instead of replying to everyone:

Okay so the measurements for the spices are all really rough cause I kinda just eyeball it but this is what I do to make like 4 portions:

-500g sweet potatoes, peeled & roughly chopped

1 large red pepper, peeled deseeded and roughly chopped

2 onions (I usually use red but any will do) peeled and roughly chopped

2tsp cumin

2tsp smoked paprika

2tsp chili powder

salt and pepper to taste

500ml veggie stock

olive oil

Preheat oven to 200C (idk what in F sorry), put chopped veggies in roasting tray and coat with oil and seasonings. Roast in oven for 45 minutes or until veggies are soft.

Place softened veg into a blender with hot veggie stock and blend to liquid (or put into a large pan and blend with immersion blender). The thickness can vary, sometimes I feel like I have to add more veggie stock here but sometimes it's fine. Also, I find it creamy enough as is with the taters, but you can also add some cream or milk here if you want it extra indulgent.

Trip report - good soup.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I bet the Six Flags guy washes his butt.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
You could vape bats instead.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Sir Sidney Poitier posted:

I'm guessing the OP has another primary caregiver because surely she didn't learn her empathy from the mother.

I'd be curious if OP's mother was always like this or if this is a fairly new behaviour. Losing your social filter can be a sign of a neurological disorder such as frontotemporal dementia.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Now I want to get prob'ed by cat roulette.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Antivehicular posted:

I'm mostly just curious what the two women living in the same neighborhood, but not in the same house, actually think of each other. Do they just not want to combine households because of all the kids, or is this a V-shaped thing where they're both into the dude but not into each other? Did they move from the same place 1000+ miles away, or did they converge on this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slJTlmSPf7Q

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

But only the cartons with the freaking looking elf-child on it. Otherwise nah.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I love the 'I paid them under the table and it's all their fault for accepting the payments!'.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
The true answer lies in the middle. Some good flavour without being too woody.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Having a disability/autism is not an excuse to not pick up after your drat self.

Sometimes it is. Aversions are a real thing that are hard to a neuro-typical person to understand. Imagine being told that you had to pick up poo poo with your fingers. My autistic son won't pick up "wet" dirty dishes or garbage with his bare hands either, but he functions fine when he wears rubber gloves.

Now, the AH here is the mother, who put her son into this situation and expected the world to accommodate him to a unreasonable degree. A reasonable accommodation would be something like hiring a cleaner to come a few times a week to clean up after her son.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
My BIL was an officer in the reserves for a number of years. He's red/green colorblind and cheated on the entrance eye exam by getting his buddies to tell him what the 'hidden' numbers were.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Disney as a religion predicted in 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SV_njZdEdw

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

pentyne posted:

Kind of curious what that means. The kinds of people who can afford to buy multiple houses and work in Manhattan aren't likely to be typical 'blue-collar' workers that are stereotyped as embarrassments.

It sounds like either a race/politics thing and there's no way of knowing who's in the right, but the whole in-laws moving in before the wedding is weird as poo poo so they clearly aren't a 0.1% rich family looking down on the typical upper class.

My guess is politics and the OP are MAGA chuds or Qultists.

I guess it could be the other way around, but I feel, perhaps wrongly, that a liberal family is more likely to ban a republican from their home versus the other way around?

Canuckistan fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 29, 2022

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Electric Wrigglies posted:

If you want to feel for the other side, OP is the landlord and thus should be put in a vat.

I wouldn't call OP a landlord. He charged no rent and he put the house up for sale as soon as it wasn't needed anymore (lol). That's pretty much the opposite of a parasitic landlord.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
the ADA recognizes alcohol addiction as a disability

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
You're not supposed to store garlic in the fridge?

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

Captain Hygiene posted:

Tell these heathens there's an existing invention that they can use to cook their meat to gently caress, it's called a microwave

e: yes I was angry enough to reply before seeing this was addressed in the post, and I stand by it

I've won't cook my roasts above medium rare, so I've nuked meat for guests in a pinch but I prefer to finish it with a quick pan sear with butter.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I'm a member of a local 'lost and found pets' group on Facebook, and it's not uncommon for someone to post a picture of a ginger cat that's hanging around downtown and everyone will reply 'oh that's Steve. He lives down the street and likes hanging out near the Tims'.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
My mother has a huge rhubarb patch and it's rhubarb pie, rhubarb cake, rhubarb loaf, and rhubarb jam all summer long. I love it.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

:nms::wtf::nms:

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

incoherent posted:

This person did the the most considerate thing you can do being a large person on a flight by buying out the second seat. Southwest, in fact, has a program called customer of size program (flying while fat) that you can use to get two seats with preboarding.

I'm a tall and fat dude, and on one flight was sitting next to another big lady. I thought the next several hours would be an awkward and uncomfortable ride, but the lady took charge and said "ok, let's just relax and make ourselves comfortable." So we spent the flight pretty much attached at the shoulder, hips, and legs. Zero awkwardness and nothing sexual about it, we were just two fat people helping each other out.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

hawowanlawow posted:

if the real housewives of new jersey taught me anything, it's that true Italian Americans would never complain about being served Italian food

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-eHk4RiIso&t=13s

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

BOOTY-ADE posted:

you gotta know what a crumpet is to understand cricuts

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
My wife had our second child when she was 35, which meant it was considered a geriatric pregnancy. More tests, etc.

Why so late? We had multiple miscarriages. For the person who was wondering how many it takes before you give up, the answer is as many as your heart can take. For us, 4th time was indeed the charm.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
I think the smell from cooking meat is often a trigger for pregnant women.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Now I want a hug from my daughter.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
Our cat stopped using his litter box and decided to poo poo and piss in our bedroom closet. I took him to the vet where all the usual physical reasons were ruled out, and anti-anxiety meds also failed. We also tried the usual stuff like cleaning the areas with enzyme cleaners, changing litter brands, etc. In the meantime, he ruined the carpet and underlay in the closet so I had to rip it out and replace it with vinyl flooring. I guess he took offense to that and moved to pissing on the carpet outside the closet and also downstairs behind the couch.

Long story short, I ended up putting two new litter boxes in these areas, which he wholly embraced and willingly uses. I hate these new litter boxes because he will use them in the middle of the night and then loving whale away at the sides of the box for 5 minutes before walking away and leaving his fresh stinking turd uncovered.

I don't like this cat, but my son adores him and that's good enough for me. I'm considering restarting his anti-anxiety med because he was genuinely a nicer cat while he was on it.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

hallo spacedog posted:

These moms are sick assholes, gently caress off with that poo poo. The last thing a lactating mom needs to hear is that her milk isn't good enough, or isn't enough.

My wife just was not able to produce enough milk, and thanks to those assholes at La Leche League* she felt like an absolute failure and kept trying for too long before we switched to formula. We were new parents and didn't know any better. After our second child was born I made sure to send the LLL volunteer away without even seeing my wife.

* A non-profit pro-breastfeeding organization. They send volunteers around to new moms. They never once told us that it was OK to switch to formula and just told my wife to keep trying and it'll work out. It didn't.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat

edogawa rando posted:

Whom among us doesn't?

Valar morghulis

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
If you're using yeast in your communion wafers then you're christing wrong.

I grew up in the United Church and they used grape juice and cubed white bread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

Soiled Meat
100 bucks says there's a meth lab or grow-op in the woods somewhere.