Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pryor on Fire posted:

The media is crawling up it's own rear end to explain that actually everything is great and actually nothing can ever be done in the future.

I'm getting so tired of reading this same article on every subject.

I'm actually thrilled because now I don't have to agonize over voting for a senile rapist or let Trump become president again because the president can't really do anything! Dilemma deleted!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Candidate helps voters, Dems cry foul.

quote:

A gas-money giveaway in support of Herschel Walker, the Republican candidate for Senate in Georgia, drew the ire of Democrats and voting rights groups in the state, who said the move was both hypocritical and possibly illegal.

The event, organized by the pro-Walker PAC 34N22, aimed to highlight rising gas prices and tie the issue to Sen. Raphael Warnock, a Democrat who will run for reelection against Walker in November. The group handed out $25 fuel vouchers and Walker campaign flyers to motorists in line at a gas station in downtown Atlanta on Saturday as volunteers held signs saying, “Warnock isn’t working.”

https://news.yahoo.com/group-supporting-herschel-walker-gave-181200397.html

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

THS2 posted:

how was the election stolen in 2004? genuinely curious

If wikipedia doesn't do it for you here is a very good article:

https://harpers.org/archive/2005/08/none-dare-call-it-stolen/

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

https://twitter.com/RepStefanik/status/1410734324652003330

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Platystemon posted:

Yeah but the Soviets were ashamed of it (read “afraid the French would not recognize their records”) and hid that detail for as long as they could.

No shame that is way more loving badass than plopping into the water like a giant turd.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Venomous posted:

idk I'm just loving scared

e: I genuinely was not trying to be a dick up there, I guess I just have not crack pinged enough yet lmao

I have faith in you that you will get there eventually.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you start new foreign wars to conceal internal problems. it's popular because it works. but biden and his coven of natsec ghouls are too feeble to carry it out properly despite their bloodlust.

I'm not a war scientist, but it seems to me to get that sweet jingoistic bump the country has to actually be involved in the war where Troops are involved so all the Troop families can be worshiped and there's TV Style Brave Man Heroism and We're Gonna Whoop Their Asses! country songs. Our Boys aren't doing no shock and awe. All that money flying out of Washington might as well be for loving famine relief or some other boring thing for as much pizazz it's giving the country for its investment.

All Biden has given them is a war they can't win because they aren't really in it, plus except gas is 7 dollars a gallon.

What's going to be great is when Trump wins in 2024 and immediately dumps Ukraine for whichever reason you chose to believe, prices comes back down, and the democratic party doesn't see the White House for a generation.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I dropped out during Voyager, never saw Enterprise because I didn't want a prequel. The Star Trek movie reboot was a self-parody of JJ Abrams terribleness but I still tried the new tv show I forget what it's called but the first new one and it started with some smug starfleet officer in a desert who needs rescued and she does something clever and the camera zooms out and there's a starfleet logo in the sand see isn't that cool? then i turned it off and now only hear about star trek stuff from red letter media

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Orville is the only tru trek on tv.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Laterite posted:

the democrats are going to get destroyed on stardate 47634.44

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Good soup! posted:

The one thing that I always circle back on being puzzled by is the Susan Sarandon fixation

The Dems are just plain sad lol

She's the Emma Watson for olds. She is an icon to them and supposed to always be on their side and if they don't agree with them on issues it's a betrayal.

How can Thelma call dems dumb!? How can Heromine not like my favorite author of my favorite story in loving ever??

It's like if Sean Penn became a republican if anyone cared about Sean Penn.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

ex post facho posted:

2015-2016-2020-2022

What's that it looks cool

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

ELTON JOHN posted:

folks, the dems have a strategy to not get destroyed in 2022

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1541389145293131776

I read a little because I was curious:

quote:

Democrats need a strong voice ready to fight to restore women’s rights, now that the Supreme Court has struck down Roe v. Wade.

There’s only one Hillary Clinton.

lollin at Kamala erasure.

quote:

Unlike most Democrats at a loss for a midterms message, Clinton knows how to deal with the far right’s bullying.

The GOP’s media echo chamber long ago demonized her. She still beat Donald Trump in the popular vote in 2016.

lmfao at bragging about her victory over Donald Trump.

quote:

Clinton has the added potential to change the national conversation by scolding social media sites, newspapers and television networks for attempting even-handed treatment of both parties, even though one party is now an autocratic cult complicit in a violent insurrection against the U.S. government.

rofl at the strategy of Hillary scolding social media. That will go sooooo well.

Then I stopped reading. Just some incredible takes from Fox News' whipping boy.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

christmas boots posted:

first as tragedy* then as farce

*YMMV, as many might consider the first time to be farce as well. Nevertheless it will be much funnier the second time.

This would be the 3rd time.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

christmas boots posted:

2nd time against Trump specifically

It'll be fun if Hillary wins and then we can have the rubber match in 2028.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

poo poo like this was a huge red flag on Fringe.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

C-SPAM:

D&D:

Sephyr posted:

Don't think this has been posted here yet.

https://twitter.com/joesonka/status/1542261342220029958

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

ex post facho posted:

https://twitter.com/GrahamStarr/status/1542887723467431939

When I said "DO SOMETHING", I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE CLARIFIED :byodood:

John McCain: Couldn't fly a jet.

Steve Jobs: Hired someone to make a good ad campaign for an updated Walkman.

The best out culture has to offer.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

You know, it's becoming seriously reasonable to consider voting for Trump.

So many bad things are baked in either way: death camps on the border, letting the earth and future of humanity burn, no control over corporations, no protection for abortion or anything else, not defunding the police, and on and on and on.

Trump at least sent me money and might again. He probably would stop the Ukraine bullshit. He did reasonable gun control last time. He'll be more entertaining. And because he's an petty idiot who doesn't give a poo poo he might actually accidentally do something awesome.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

ex post facho posted:

gently caress off idiot

Lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Lol what was the word???

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

::serious poster wearing a backwards baseball cap walks up and sits down backwards in a chair::

Look. kid, we've had a whole lot of laughs about the futility of voting and how everything is poo poo. but it's no laughing matter that a vote for Donald Trump isn't a thing to joke about in this upcoming most important election of out lifetime.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

don't vote for donald trump in the next election, unless you're doing it as part of your self-care routine.

My election day plans:

1. Drink a margarita.
2. Kickboxing class.
3. Vote for Trump.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I'm writing in Kenny Omega, maybe Wardlow.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Shear Modulus posted:

I think it's not wholly unfair to say that in 2009 the democrats were in a position to dominate American politics for a generation. if they had pressed their advantage and passed some big substantive measures to improve peoples' lives like m4a, and/or thrown a bunch of bankers in jail they would have been wildly popular. even many republicans thought they were hosed. arlen specter switched parties to D in 2009 because he thought he was sure he was going to lose if he stayed a republican (the republicans retook the seat in 2012).

unfortunately obama and the dems didn't want to do any of the things they were elected to do and saw their main responsibility as defusing and demobilizing the agitated public that elected them.

Only if you were a stupid dipshit who was easily fooled by Obama and didn't see him for what he was.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Vim Fuego posted:

Kill everyone over 35 IMO

Wait a second, I'm 42!

.... Do it.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

haven't checked this thread in a while. so what's the current forecast for the level of destruction the democrats will face in '22?

Total annihilation.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

STOP! It's abortion time

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

paul_soccer12 posted:

Based on my exposure to russiagate obsessives, the meaningless differences in manners of speaking are ways for the crackpots to go A HA!! only a Russian would speak English this way!!

Was first exposed to it by some crank fingering their posting enemy as a Russian troll because he used "it is" instead of "it's", which is literally just a scene they lifted from the TV show "The Americans"

It's either a stealth Russian or the rare Data disguised as Lore.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I've never been more sure that Pelosi going is the right call.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

If you took an honest poll I wonder the percentage rooting for each outcome.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Pryor on Fire posted:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1554681903537594369

This kinda feels like wishful thinking from Dems but maybe not?

New Dem Strategy: Get Abortion Ban referendums on ballots all over the country!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Willa Rogers posted:

even in the first three months a solid majority (of voters, not dems) is against abortion bc "she doesn't want it":

lol more people are for aborting a fetus if it has down syndrome than if the women simply doesn't want to give birth.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Crowsbeak posted:

You’re not. But you can do his will.

Also in democrats must be destoyed news. We’re giving the Nazis in the Ukkkraine another three billion dollars.

wait are you telling me to gently caress kids??

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I didn't even know Beto was running for anything lol

I thought he was just out there doing random stuff to keep his name in the news for when he ran.

But nope this WAS the run. lmfao

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

If you watch the clip she's saying that it's the first time the car show has happened since covid and was a sign that covid was finally over which is also stupid but not stupid in the same way the cut off quote makes it sound

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Nucleic Acids posted:

It’s so fun y that the only way she’ll ever hold elected office again is if she goes on the second shittiest Star Trek show running right now again.

Imagine if on TNG the president of the United Federation of Planets was like James Carville or Tipper Gore.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Junkiebev posted:

just one more senator bro. i promise bro just one more senator and it'll fix everything bro. bro. just one more senator. please just one more. one more senator and we can fix this whole problem bro. bro cmon just give me one more senator i promise bro. bro bro please i just

Hello, my name is Joe Biden and I am a president of the United States. The Parliamentarian of my country has frozen my congress so I am reaching out to you today. If you can send me 29 american dollars right now I will be able to add more senators to my party and that will unlock my congress giving me full access to change. I will send you 500 Changes and 500 Hopes once my congress is unlocked. Please send now using your credit card, a cashier's check, or an amazon gift card. Thank you for helping me out of this situation. Yours, Joseph R Biden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

We need to shut down the underground railroad!