Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Ruzihm posted:

That implication is a strawman you created in your brain

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
can i vote against this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Verus posted:

What prevents Biden from pardoning all victims of the war on drugs, today?
his deeply seated belief that they're bad people who deserve to be in prison

above and beyond that biden is old and from the former political era where you had something called "political capital" and you saved and saved that capital for something you really really want. if i had to put money down i'd say it's a mixture of not caring and not wanting to "spend" the "political capital" so he can "save" it to push...*checks notes*

*turns page*

*turns page*

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i wonder what the news would be reporting on now if trump had won, drat sure they wouldn't be doing stories like these.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
should we start a poll to see how to handle people who advocate for direct action?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Darkrenown posted:

Why bother, mods don't abide by the results.
sh-should we start a poll to see if they'll abide by the results?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Gumball Gumption posted:

If almost a majority of the country now identifies and supports a set of political beliefs that doesn't recognize elections and wants to kill anyone who isn't white, straight and able bodied, than how do you win elections so that they can't do that?
it's not the majority, it's one third who want to do active harm and one third that don't care. the only real way to remove them as a danger would be to remove the cover the chud third have created to make it acceptable for the one third that don't care to follow them
everything the chud third do and say is designed to obfuscate reality, to give cover for their goals, to make them socially acceptable to support

if a chud candidate actually said "i want to eliminate all minorities":
every major media outlet would cover it with a mealy mouthed "candidate reveals controversial stance"
which gives every chud outlet and voter enough cover to alter the conversation further with "so we're being persecuted for controversial stances?? like JESUS???"
now a third of the country give the "ok" sign to a third of the country who rolls their eyes at everyone freaking out about controversial opinions and innocent hand signs and whether or not racism is "violence" or not

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Peter Daou Zen posted:

If Trumps a dictator, he did a pretty bad job at “seizing control” and overturning the election. If his people are Nazis , then the Democrats are collaborators for not prosecuting.
are you saying these aren't true?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

is pepsi ok posted:

What if instead of chasing the right wing understanding of patriotism they tried to redefine the term as caring for your fellow Americans and made that the central messaging of a new bill of rights that guaranteed healthcare, jobs, and a living wage to all citizens?
If we learn to care for others, to respect others we'll learn how to care for, to respect our country.~bob crane

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
yeah, i'm sure if gas prices were low they'd be talking about how great biden is. just look at the stock market that they talked up meant so much under trump...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Obama had an N-word tape out before he ran for President and Fetterman doesn't.

But, Fetterman did chase down and detain a black guy with a shotgun because a different black guy had just robbed his neighbor.

In conclusion, a land of contrasts.
fetterman is quickly becoming one of those "guy gets a thrill" type thing where every conversation is
"fetterman believes that-"
"YOU MEAN THE GUY WHO CHASED A BLACK MAN????"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Dr. VooDoo posted:

During his testimony the defense had Rittenhouse put on a fake display of crying and being a reluctant killer. His actions he photographed while violating his bail release terms (that this same judge hand waived away as it was happening in real time and the photos were being posted) shows otherwise. The judge won’t allow it to be admitted
right? on stage he's all 'i'mma innocent baby boy-oy-oy-oyyy!!" but the second he gets off it's all "violence now!!"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TulliusCicero posted:

These are only state charges right? The Feds can charge him as well correct?

Jesus poo poo this judge should be removed from the bench for obstruction of Justice
ALL judges are like this we just rarely see it.
i think it was a brittany spears trial (?) where everyone thought the judge was being big and bombastic because of the attention and so many lawyers came out to say "no, judges are just like that"
almost like a job with unchecked power and no consequences attracts the wrong sort of people...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Cranappleberry posted:

I highly recommend everyone (who wants to and can stand it) watch the videos of the shootings (and of rittenhouse stuff before + during the protest) rather than the media walk-throughs or trial summaries.

Warning, contains violence. Video chops together several individual videos/angles. I set it to start about a minute or so befpre the first shooting, when Rittenhouse runs across the screen, fleeing from Rosenbaum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ferrn7Shyk#t=6513s
go on. how is the media manipulating this?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Cranappleberry posted:

It's more that the media gives an incomplete account. Much of the video, images amd explanation given by major media orgs or individual pundits lacks full context. The prosecution at also leaves out a lot (partially due to the judge not allowing things).

Also a good idea to read Wisconsin law on self-defense and it's limitations.

I believe that Rittenhouse is morally, factually and legally guilty but will be acquitted because of poor prosecution and the judge.
rrrrriiiiight.
how so? what's the proper context? can you give an example?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i don't want to argue, i appreciate the effort, i just don't think you proved your case.
but, again, i do appreciate the actual answer, thank you.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Zotix posted:

I don't understand why if executive privilege is determined by the sitting President that the appeals court can't easily say denied. Because they will rule at the end of the month and then it is appeal to the supreme court which will be heard in 2023 or whatever.
because none of this was designed with a bad actor on the inside, they thought the election process would keep assholes and monsters at bay because who would vote for an rear end in a top hat monster?
the entire apparatus was built with the idea that good people will work hard to make america great for everyone. then the rich folks built their domes and made sure all the good oxygen got pumped into their dome.
bush jr really started dismantling it, he was a career monster with lots of career monster in his corner.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i would have thought "i didn't mean it like that" would have been the end to the conversation of whether or not they meant it like that but here we are 6 hours later...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

quote:

What? It absolutely was not. The apparatus was designed by elites (the founding fathers) in a very specific way to make sure they retained control of the electoral process, hence the outsized power of the Senate (originally not even an elected office) and the electoral college (not actually required to vote in the way that their state population does).
sorry, to be clearer: it was built on the idea that the people inside the apparatus would not be attempting to disassemble the apparatus. that they would not purposefully destroy the country for no reason.so there's not always a specific rule on things, just handshake agreements and "tradition" holding poo poo together that the framers thought would be safe once people discovered that being a politician is easier than being a farmer. honestly if ted cruz gets his way and brings the government down what the gently caress is he going to do? there a lot of money in scaring children these days?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Republicans posted:

Exactly, he shouldn't have been there. He was as much a part of that riot as they were and should be punished accordingly.
exactly. how is he any different than any other person in that crowd? for me it's the effort he had to go through to get into that situation. i feel bad for the guy who has to fight an intruder in their house, if you climb to the top of "get punched in the back of the head mountain" and then come crying to me with a headache i might just shrug at you.
in this case everyone in the chud sphere was talking for weeks about how these protesters were dangerous monsters killing thousands and burning down whole cities, the president was telling people the army needs to go in and clean up all these violent sickos and monsters tearing cities to pieces with no end in sight and this child, with no permission, training, experience, and armed only with a rifle went specifically into one of those hellmouths. now he's all crying on stage because, shock of shock, the democrat's demonic plan to destroy america with violence involved violence!!! all his tears and blubbery blubbering about the situation he asked his mom to drive him too.
he put himself into a chaotic situation and gave himself authority backed up with deadly force with the assumption that he would be hailed as a hero if he he used the right he granted himself to murder "bad people" by virtue of watching lots of ben shapiro.
also i just straight up don't trust this child, who chose to go into a dangerous situation armed and was SHOCKED to discover there was danger, to judge "self defense". even not making assumptions of his fragile chud nature, people who fantasize about flashing guns at every minority that stops at a red light next to them, i don't trust his judgement.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

lil poopendorfer posted:

People define Nazi differently, some people in this thread called Trump voters Nazis. To me, that's insane.
nazi:chud
karen:bitch
they're interchangeable because it's all just a matter of degrees

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

CommieGIR posted:

Its funny, but knock it off, thanks.
can we vote on it?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Do you honestly believe only ~10K Americans would have died from Covid under Hillary in 2020?
what were the responses on the last two pages to this exact same question?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Steve Bannon wants to take down the BIDEN OCCUPIED GOVERNMENT

Big talk from a guy who was crashing on a communist couch
*shrug* what's going to stop him?
he'll be doing his bin laden thing long after we're all dead

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

OctaMurk posted:

I think handwringing over words and symbols is dumb anyways. Its like that time a while back where the OK symbol somehow meant your a nazi lmao.

Depending on the context you use the word woke I am pretty sure everyone here will understand what you mean so i don't think theres any need to worry about it needing reclamation or being surrendered to other people.
you understand that, depending on the context, the "ok" symbol is still being used by nazis and assorted white nationalists, right?
and that it 100% has, is, and will be used as a psychological weapon against minorities in public places because of this "it's just the ok symbol, bro" cover, right?
really the only reason to dismiss this fact is ignorance or maliciousness, i'm just trying to gauge which.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
odd how this "COMPARED TO LAST YEAR!!" poo poo, much like the caravans, never came up before.
oh, do things suck for the poor in america? how KIND of you to finally loving notice gop, but don't worry: the next time an "r" is a president all of those concerns will go away. like a miracle.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

OctaMurk posted:

ok only means "im a nazi" in the context of white supremacistz talking to each other
similarly woke only means "radical leftoracism" in the context of fox news talking heads bullshitting
as i pointed out in the second paragraph of that post, context matters. and therefore people will know what you mean when you use the word woke (or the ok symbol) because you are not a white supremacist
you should not avoid either the ok symbol or "woke" simply because white supremacists use them in their own context
this is what you said " Its like that time a while back where the OK symbol somehow meant your a nazi lmao."
"lmao" at what exactly?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Mellow Seas posted:

While there's a good chance of arrest if you do it in the wrong community I don't think anybody is getting four years in prison for it, which is the as of today the max sentence for Capitol invasion.
max sentence for white nationalists.
if you or i thought hard enough about the capital while also wanting good things for poor people it would be much higher.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Kale posted:

My takeaways from the Gosar censuring thing are both to marvel at the fact that they apparently gave a guy like that committee assignments to begin with and to wonder at the sheer howling you'd hear from the GOP if a Democratic house rep had posted a video advocating for violence against Trump while he was president.
remember when kathy griffin held up a fake trump head and democrats where evil incarnate for scaring little sexual escapade pseudonym trump?

Cow Bell posted:

Scratch a liberal and a fascist bleeds. Advocating someone get 40 years for the high crime of dressing like an idiot during a riot is tantamount to torture. Absolutely an insane opinion to hold.
lol! you're gonna be here for a LONG time for some reason and anyone who argues with you or wonders why will get a probe so: good point person! you're so smart to see through the evil machinations!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
right? i mean charles manson wasn't even in the same building!

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i mean...they printed t-shirts.
just because the plan was half baked lovely and stupid doesn't mean an attempt wasn't made.
poo poo, it was basically the same plan that killed ben ghazi and the gop didn't shut up about that for...ever...

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Fister Roboto posted:

Like for gently caress's sake, Matt Gaetz is still a sitting congressman and he's been accused of sex trafficking. The Dems are just gonna yell and pound the table but not actually do anything about it.
boebert was just on stage pounding the table and wondering why an elected representative can still be serving after marrying their brother, or sleeping with foreign agents.
you're looking for that but with your theories?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm sorry, are you trying to equate Gaetz's sex trafficking allegations with an insane right wing theory? Please elaborate.
he hasn't been convicted or charged or even approached for questioning as far as i can tell, so it would be an elected official shouting unproven theories in an official capacity.

pretending that you have no idea what an analogy is, that two things can be analogous on their resemblance without being directly comparable in all aspects, is not a great tactic.
"this fruit is sweet, like candy." "oh so now fruit are all sugar coated???"

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Peter Daou Zen posted:

Oh yeah , those guys were totally gonna capture Pelosi and hog tie her up and ask her where her Icecream stash is!(That’s not a coup)
Some guy put his feet up on Pelosis desk !
AOC was afraid! There are citizens milling about in the Capitol! (Not a coup)
I’m just amazed at the bloodthirst for people to be locked up and forgotten about for a riot.
you're acting like "they failed therefore it's no big deal" is some sort of crazy theory that only you thought of.
hey...hey...hey: maybe everyone here already saw that idea, literally the simplest idea possible, and already dismissed it. here you are with "look, i'm just presenting these new and original ideas 10 months later and you're not even pretending to think about it :( :("
thank you for your input.
i promise that, from now on, i'll strongly consider "this is no big deal" before making decisions from now on. i hadn't even considered that. i just saw some people on tv and the news said they were bad so i saw red. thank you for this fresh perspective on the issue.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

lol and never forget that Philly PD firebombed their own residents, burning down 60 homes and killing 11 people, half of whom were kids, and nobody was punished except for the only adult survivor who then did 7 years in prison for "rioting"

Incredibly ahistorical take by that person

like two days ago the police killed two innocent people because they heard gunshots down the block. they then charged the people who fired the gunshots, blocks away, with murder.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Decon posted:

Jesus... Got links to articles on the incident?
cnn's article is AGGRESSIVELY neutral.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/11/us/pennsylvania-teens-charged-for-murder-of-fanta-bility/index.html

quote:

Ford and Strand exchanged multiple gunshots with each other following a verbal altercation at a football game [...] and led to police, stationed near the entrance to the football stadium, to discharge their weapons, Stollsteimer said. The "gunfire by the officers wounded three bystanders and tragically killed Fanta Bility," he said

quote:

On November 18, a grand jury will review the entire case to determine the use of deadly force by police at the scene was justified,
i guess we'll find out tomorrow if the police were justified in firing blindly into a crowd and into nearby cars killing an 8 year old because someone nearby fired a gun

quote:

Stollsteimer has not identified the officer who shot the fatal bullet, but all three have acknowledged firing on the vehicle holding Fanta.
ah, i got a few details wrong:

quote:

The officers say they mistakenly believed the vehicle was involved in the shooting between the 16-year-old and Strand, which unfolded about a block away from the stadium.

The little girl was shot once in the back, according to prosecutors. Fanta was dead before ambulances could arrive.

Four other people were injured by police gunfire, including Fanta's older sister.
it was a block away and only one person died

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 18, 2021

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

das hipster posted:

You'll forgive me if I don't take the person who literally said that they could have shot BLM protesters from the White House with zero consequences seriously. It's not really a statement that anyone could take seriously.
and yet you did.
"no one can take this person seriously!!" you say, while following them and quoting them screaming at them to provide evidence of their opinion.
why? what evidence could they provide?
they basically said "in an alternate universe things are different" and you've been barking for three hours for proof of this.
meanwhile literally everyone else saw the opinion, silently agreed or disagreed with this opinion. the moved on.
and here you are. demanding proof that this alternate universe's events are fact.
while screaming "no one can take you seriously!!!" the entire time.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TheDisreputableDog posted:

They’re even going to comment in the feedback thread from last month and re-open it. These are the promises of people committed to change.
look we voted for that. or against that. either way there was a poll right?

VideoGameVet posted:

They had t-shirts printed up for it.

also, from their own link:

quote:

FBI investigators did find that cells of protesters, including followers of the far-right Oath Keepers and Proud Boys groups, had aimed to break into the Capitol. But they found no evidence that the groups had serious plans about what to do if they made it inside, the sources said.
so they planned to break into the capital building while the election was being certified to...just see what's going on? they really really wanted to see biden get certified?
it's chafe. you can dispute any number of single facets of the story but that doesn't dispute the whole
just because my head bounced off that tree doesn't mean i wasn't trying to make a rope swing

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 18, 2021

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

I think the main issue with “it was a coup! Take this seriously” is that the Democratic Party isn’t.

DarkCrawler posted:

Why is the Democratic Party the arbiter of what is or isn't serious?

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

So why aren’t the Dems treating it as such?
you know when you ask the same question over and over without answering the obvious follow ups yourself it makes you look like you're not arguing in good faith, right?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

pthighs posted:

I can't find the damned article or I would post a link but after Jan 6 a Turkish woman wrote in The Atlantic or New Yorker or something about how this is exactly what coups are. They are in reality all dumb like this, until one of them succeeds and then all of a sudden it's not dumb anymore. It's not like the movies where a team of elite operatives seize control without anyone noticing. If you think the Republican-controlled Pennsylvania state legislature won't gladly vote that Trump won the election in 2024 if the Supreme Court lets them, regardless of the actual vote count, then I guess we just have to agree to disagree.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ukigoni/status/1346915614397505540
https://twitter.com/ukigoni/status/1346926493952319489
https://twitter.com/ukigoni/status/1346967655874519042

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Are the courts actively blocking the Dems from writing and sending Trump and members of Congress a subpoena?
you're right, why aren't the democrats taking this seriously?

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Evidence?
Nothing required the house Dems to have a bipartisan committee. Again, the House called Hillary to the stand for Benghazi when it was under republican control. Why can’t Dems do the same? Show evidence.
you're right, why aren't the democrats taking this seriously?

InsertPotPun fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 18, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

skylined! posted:

Here's a live stream if you want to watch mccarthy poo poo out of his mouth.

https://live.house.gov/
i clicked in just in time to hear him scream "YOU'RE SPENDING SO! MUCH! MONEY!"