Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

Luvdisc is cute, but - really hard to use even in regular game play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Apparently Amazon refreshes restocks. A friend got one at 6AM from it. Gamestop seems to have them a lot here, though that just might be because we did our Christmas console shenanigans early November.*

Oddly, our Gamestop is pretty good about having things in stock. I refuse to camp for one. I mean, the staff was frenzied and they wanted to sell the oled as if it were hot coals so that was cool. Haven't been able to see them at Walmart, and I didn't go to Target.

Also, websites sometimes lie. It said they were out of stock on the site, but at least one in store stock. It was also great to shopping with my sibling and we got her pokemon snap. Mostly, I'm just glad I got to spend time with her that day.

Edit: Do gamestop people get commission or something? One guy seemed sad, the other in full sale mode.

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Dec 5, 2021

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I'm busy in SMT V, and am wondering:
How do I use the essence? I want my MC dude to be support-type and I have no clue how to start.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Apotheosis in the World of Shadows. You can pull skills or attributes (ie; change your weaknesses and resistances), but not both, from a Demon essence. They're all one-shot uses too, so choose what you pull out of a Demon essence and what you put it on carefully. I think you're kinda missing out if you want to spec the Nahobino as support though (you do you of course), because you get some very nice Phys and Almighty moves from Essences tailored specifically for the Nahabino fairly early.

Cool bean, thanks. Maybe I'll go stabby or magic.

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 9, 2021

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Do they take the Sanrio cards? I got them ages ago, and would like to add some furniture/buddy stuff.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I took a break from SMTV, and am now pokemoning with my buddy, Turtwig. Got an egg to hatch!

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Remember that the code MERRYCHR1STMAS gives you shiny statues if you own BD and/or Pearl remakes.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Also, if people in the US want the sanrio x hello kitty packs, Target had some for 6 bucks easy, as is walmart and various on stores. But don't get fleeced, they're 6ish dollars at retail in the US. I like the new villagers.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I'm looking forward to Rune Factory 5, so I can farm, tame monsters and hang out with dragons probably, looking at the case.

I lost a lot of respect for when the one where you could marry a female candidate (DS Cute?) and they took it out of the game. Queue bugs. And disappointment.

I do enjoy my Pioneers Story of Seasons because I can farm however I want. Though, I sort of lost faith in the Harvest Moon people who wouldn't give up the name. They look like minecraft got drunk and had a kid.

I also really like my OLED, and my sister is happy with the blue Lite. We were both super happy to get our consoles without fuss to avoid the rush.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

No. 6 posted:

Wait what

They are adding about 48 race tracks, etc to Mario Kart.

Aerofallosov fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Mar 15, 2022

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

For those wanting Persona 5 Royal on the switch, it was released yesterday evening/this morning.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

If you like or wanted Tactics Ogre, its physical release is deep sale. (~35 bucks)

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/tactics-ogre-reborn-switch Best Buy, amazon, and game stop.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Framboise posted:

It says it arrives in February lol

Like I do want the game, but do I wanna wait 2 months for it?

Yeah, sorry. I hadn't seen the February thing, sorry. Good to go through backlog?

I did find a shiny voltorb!

... too bad it rolled a bit then self destructed itself.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Merry Christmas from playing Harvestella!

I hope your holidays are awesome, wherever or whenever you celebrate them. We did gifts early this year, due to family going each and every way. (I am loving Harvestella. Thanks, my best sibling!)

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

That's awesome! I got Harvestella from my sister, and I'm adoring it so far. The music is really good. I like the story, but I'm not far in.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

It's really good. I just wish you could change your appearance after starting (aside from job outfits)

I don't really love the haircut I chose.

Yeah, it'd be nice. I do like that they offer nonbinary character generation.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Kin posted:

Post 35 years old and with next to no time for games, I've discovered that there's no shame in casual/easy mode.

After all, for most games it's exactly the same gameplay, just that the enemies take a few less hits to die and you take a few more.

I really don't get why people get mad if a casual/easy mode exist for the game. Most of them add hard mode and beyond, too. I feel like I'm not as good at video games as I was when I was younger.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The answer is usually depression.

Yeah, I really let myself go for awhile. New meds seem to be working. And I get to use little shower scent disks that melt in the water and steam. I am refreshed.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Harvestella has been a fun game, for what it is worth. First two seasons are kinda tough, much like many season having games. Hades is roguelike I think, and really nifty. I even enjoyed it. The NPCs even react to you.

I'm looking forward to Fantasy V, so I can four job fiesta.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

hatty posted:

I’m saving my $80 for Etrian Odyssey though

I do, too! And my birthday is coming up. So I'm being a good fish and only allow what is in my budget. But I want FF5 so I can help berserkers really fast. I am excited they finally bring 3 over here, but at least I get to see it in English.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I am exited about the coming Etryian Odyssey(s). I didn't get any others, except FF5 for the job festival.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

It's fun to see everyone excited. I'm not picking it up myself, but I do look forward to Etrians and Rune Factory 3 Special.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Mega64 posted:

Wait to do that next month so you can join the rest of us for the Four Job Fiesta.

I have the Switch version so I can get in on the Four Job Fiesta. Never played 5 or hit up the Fiesta. I got it during a sale, and didn't get the Tears of the Kingdom. I hope people really like it.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Stux posted:

you too. dumb rear end bitch

That seems pretty harsh.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I am excited for the possible mint green and the soft purple. I bet Christmas is going to be busy as heck with all this many releases. And/or take up toys they need.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Will the pastel controllers be limited? I really don't want to deal with scalpers.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Node posted:

Does anyone have the Orzly carrying case? Can it fit the switch, a few games, earbuds, and the ac charger? Reviews are saying the charger both does and does not fit. Link: https://www.amazon.com/Orzly-Carry-Case-Compatible-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B01NAUKS62

I do! And yup, I have an OLED with some games, earbuds and the ac charger. I haven't put any spare joy cons though.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

eightysixed posted:

Wait, it fits the charger brick too? If so, I’m buying immediately. There’s enough room so that you don’t have to worry about screen/stick damage?
I won’t be carrying any extra joycons either.

Should be fine, as long as you don't hatch a dinosaur in there or something. I haven't played much with it. And no, they are pretty durable. There's no screen or stick damage over it. Don't drop it and stomp on it, but most of the time it's fine.

Edit: PURPLE FOREVER.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I wonder if people should pre-order the pastel green+purple pastel. I'm in no hurry though.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

I literally never use my dock, if you don't mind a white one.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

The cops who took me to the psych ward saw Stardew Valley, and it turns out all 3 of us like it. He liked the fishing map. Not sure on the other. But it was kind of a fun thing before I get disconnected before the outside world.

Stardew really does have a huge amount of fans.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Anyone pick up Rune Factory 3?

I did! Used up the last of my gold coins. I'm debating if I want to play 5 or 3. I got 4 on the switch, too. What's up?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/tactics-ogre-reborn-switch

It now is 30 dollars if you don't mind a download.

The offer stops on 09/26.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Mr.Acula posted:

i really dont understand the point of owning a switch lite

I liked it because I didn't ever use it docked. Plus, I have small hands because I am small. And getting a blue one was fun. But then I traded it up with my sibling, so she didn't get the banana one she hated.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Amazon is selling physical copies of Tactics Ogre: Reborn for the switch at 30 dollars.

https://www.amazon.com/Tactics-Ogre-Reborn-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B0B8T7GBCT/

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

For all of the SMT fans, the SMT V: Vengeance is now on preorder, physical with a steel book or not, digital and digital deluxe. It's on, to quote a website:

quote:

PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Series S

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Are all of the maps going to be timed or was it just a demo thing in Unicorn Overlord?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

For Switch. You can hook it up to a TV AND take it wherever with you. I am on the fence about Unicorn Overlord. I hate timed stuff, but it is kinda fun otherwise.

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Some people have the weirdest rage at casual or easy modes. It's kind of baffling. If you don't want to play casual or easy modes, then don't. Ditto for the harder stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

There's also Class of Heroes 1 and 2 releasing April 26.