Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
I started drifting towards pc gaming again after years of Switch; I missed big strategy games and then fell into the retroFPS hole and well...
Then Into The Breach advanced edition happened and I sleep with my switch now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

SuddenCactus posted:

Don't know if my cultists ignoring jobs I've assigned them is a bug

Looks like typical sim AI.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

hatty posted:

Always choose the Nintendo game over a full priced Ubisoft

I'm sure Nintendo execs feel chest pains everytime the Rabbids drag loving Mario in a 75% deal.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Perfect title

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

abelwingnut posted:

just played 'what remains of edith finch?' tonight.

what a grim game!

wish the end hadn't been so abrupt. excellent otherwise.

I fear they might have had a budget collapse in the second half. They went from awesome dreamlike sequences to rearranging words on the screen to "here's an ending btw".

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Nintendo, why?
A battle royale Picross? Are you out of your minds? You're gonna tank the world's GDP again!
https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/picross-x-picbits-vs-uzboross-switch/

Awww, it's 5x5 only, I hoped for a 15x15 marathon mode.
There are various game modes at least.

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jan 7, 2023

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
I tought it was a battle royale due to all the bunnies running around the top of the screen, it seems that multiplayer is coop only. Bummer...

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

Large Testicles posted:

i had a bad capacitor nuke my power supply and basically fry everything on my computer back when that was an issue

Dude, I booted up my Atari 800 the other day, I can't believe you're so bad with computers.
I also have managed to convince my brain that I won't ever die, never ever.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

POCKET CHOMP posted:

but nintendo is extremly ftw, in case anyone forgot

I am going to sue nintendo because I died after getting the gravity suit in Prime and my last save point is at my ship.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
But where's the ring?

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
I just love that Dopefish Lives even in Mario land.
Thats a dopefish Toad is jumping onto, you can't fool me.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

trevorreznik posted:

Wow, I haven't thought about dopefish in like 25 years. Memories!

Play more shooters! There are a ton on the switch too!

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
I am going to botch every instance of "copy that!" I will get in Pikmin 4. I hope that will be a running gag and there's an achievement for the most absent minded cadet.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Pink pikmins are ə
Just say no

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Is having kids a kink now?

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

This was not safe Dandori

First ever post probes are fun

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

Oh god, the memories.
That was from a Guavamoment Let's Play, right?

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

An Actual Princess posted:

extremely hype to play Super Mario Wonder coming out Next Month on my Nintendo Switch

You bolded a lot of words that aren't the root of the problem.
Switch games are for lickin'

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

Cartoon Man posted:

Banned in my my house too. My 10 year old daughter keeps begging to be allowed and I won’t. It’s 100% gambling predatory to say nothing of the sickos that prowl it looking for kids to abuse.

If you have a half hour, this guy breaks down how hosed it is:

https://youtu.be/_gXlauRB1EQ?si=E8OQe1n_030mjAsX

Hei, it's Quinn! I love that he's dabbling in journalism other than board games.
There's even a follow up video and, look! It's even worse!

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i fuckin love super ghouls 'n ghosts but it is hosed up and not just for its difficulty. it's stiff and the jumping is as much an enemy as any of the enemies are, and sometimes the game will just spawn things in such a way that you will get hit no matter what you do, or even worse you'll be forced to pick up the scythe or torch. it is very not for everyone, even for people who love games that will kick your rear end over and over.

I love Locomalito's version of G&G Cursed Castilla.
It's a bit more modern, has alternate routes and most importantly ditches the coin muncher mentality in its enemy and projectile placement.
It's really enjoyable and you can even try Maldita Castilla, the trimmed down PC version, for free at http://locomalito.com/
Also check out all his other games, they're awesome. And free.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

Non Compos Mentis posted:

as the game progresses, prince florian digs deeper into marios skull

Florian badges are the same as Baldurs Gate tadpole insertions imo.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

eightysixed posted:

I’m jumping on the “everyone that hasn’t played Odyssey, should” train, and it sucks there hasn’t been DLC :(

Luigi balloon hunt was a lot of fun, it was sort of a dlc.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Wrong thread

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Seeing Penny's big Breakaway reminded me of Little big adventure of all things. Something about strange creatures made with the same untextured opaque surfaces, i can't unsee it now.

https://youtu.be/YAx8gIvoZKM?si=Nh_ri7c09k3qZtkX

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah it's definitely the weakest weapon in terms of early game potential at least

Nightmare Reaper is pretty good, helps that unlike most Rougelike style games if you die you only lose your progress on the stage you were playing

Also it's on sale right now

Nightmare reaper requires a bit of old school fps practice to be appreciated. It gets hectic quite fast as new crazy enemies get introduced by the truckload.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Awellcome to Brookkolyn. Ai am the idraulic

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
If anything the battle system activates the same neurons as trying to manage an army in Dominions, you just have a few perfectly obedient dogs to teach tricks to instead of several buckets of lemmings.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Tails of iron was a teeny bit laggy and unenjoyable last time I played it on the switch, did they optimize it a little in the latest patches?

Also, my wife saw an ad for Switch Sports and asked for it. Considering it's the most gamey thing that ever caught her interest I think I'm gonna get it. Is it good? Never played the wii ones and the only sport minigames I've ever got were ps1/2 olympics joypad destroyers. Wait, maybe even some ancient ones on a C64.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
I played the mario today

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Well, it was a good one.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Bought switch sports for my wife and we're having a blast.
We still have to try Chambara but the best games are volley and badminton. Tennis is ok, bowling controls really well but it's a bit samey.
Golf is great but we can't understand putting at all, many times the same movement gives out wildly different shots.
Soccer is way too complicated.

And then I bought mario kart with an expiring voucher and we love it. Turns out she can't stand games not based on everyday things. Driving and sports got her playing after four years not touching the switch except for Picross.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

Palmtree Panic posted:

Yoshi's Island rules so much. The only thing better than the game is the commercial for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0E2lmgLF_k

Someone liked Monty Python

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

antidote posted:

Did that person really say they were glad about their kids pneumonia.

What the gently caress.

It was tongue in cheek but it's obviously funnier imagining a goon dad fistpumping while his wife cries reading ever higher fever measurements from an almost comatose kid.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT

Mister Facetious posted:

My biggest problem with the Tour tracks are that all the city ones have overlapping lines/route changes with every lap, and the signposting is trash, so it's easy to go the wrong way if you don't have them memorized.

Yeah, I bought it a few weeks ago without the expansion pass and still struggle with cities because they are so confusing without a trial mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
Woooooo! Love to see another Heist. I thought for sure it was a one and done deal