Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Yeah, I got free delivery at like two minutes after the promotion started, but my friends who were a little later didn't. Good excuse to get some Dairy Queen, if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

SirPhoebos posted:

Not really a spoiler imo, but I'll tag it all the same:

the zone 5 dungeon is the first time I felt compelled to use the Trust system

Very much the same here.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Countblanc posted:

i desperately want to go to the New World, but i also worry because portrayals of indigenous people in games can be rough. though i mostly trust the ffxiv team to do a good job.

This is how I feel too, but I'm still hoping.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

stop responding to that poster

I think I've been saying this for at least three MMOs now.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

P3 was harder than P4 for me, but I think my P4 group was also more competent as a whole.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

acumen posted:

Should I be expecting to pay through the rear end for crafted when it's released or is the price pretty static? Exarchic seemed to be pretty consistently around 100-200k but I don't think I was around for the day it was patched in.

If you want to buy in in the first half day, then yes you will pay through the nose. It usually falls quickly to more of a stabilization point after that, though.

If the 1 Star crafts are as comparatively easy this expansion like the fresh level 80 crafts are, I imagine there will be a lot of supply fairly fast, too.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Fiye posted:

89 Dungeon spoilers
Fandaniel didn't kill himself when he went out with Zodiark. He shows back up in the 89 dungeon as Amon (He states "Even after all these years this has always been my favorite form" when you pull him) and at the end Asahi shows up and decides to drag him down specifically because despite wanting to bring the end times he was too much of a coward to take himself out. Also the whole bringing about the fall of the empire which Asahi really, really, really liked.

More spoilers for same. Pretty sure he died, it just wasn't the end of his soul. Since everyone else you encountered down there was dead, after all.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 22, 2021

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Man I really want to click these spoilers but I've only just started my first role chain (healer) tonight. I've been slacking on them, leveling crafters and such instead.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Badger of Basra posted:

the nier raids were boring and yoko taro is a hack

Yep. The best part was referencing Mega-Smith from the old Matrix game at the end of the second one.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

King of Solomon posted:

I would like this.

Yeah, this would be a great change.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Mordiceius posted:

I have a hardline stance - If you're manipulating the queues, you're an rear end in a top hat. Either queue regularly or don't queue at all.

It may be a hardline stance but it's also the correct stance.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I did not know it was possible to skip the maze, honestly. I figured that was a mandatory phase swap.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I don't think I'm going to overmeld my combat gear this time unless I suddenly stumble into a static or something. I did it some in Shadowbringers and while it's fun to be able to say that I've got my maximum stat allocations, I just don't do the sort of content that realistically is going to benefit that much from it.

Or I guess I could just overmeld VIIs if I really wanted, I have over 1000 of the VII crystals still sitting on a retainer.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Zeruel posted:

can someone give me the skinny on stats for tanking? is tenacity worthless? they don't go for much on the mb, is the dmg reduction /health and healing bonus not worth it?

Tenacity is not worthless, and if you go full-on and meld it you will be noticeably tankier in my experience. However, the thing is that between themselves and the healer, for the vast vast majority of content tanks are already tanky and survivable enough. So it's far more common to meld DPS materia to speed up the killing of things instead.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Countblanc posted:

Summoners can have their damage back when they make the move Titan does not completely cover the boss and make "watch for tells" mechanics more frustrating than any other class. I shouldn't need to disable party effects because of a single ability.

"/petsize all small" will shrink them for you.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Fister Roboto posted:

You can pick it up again from the shop in Shalayan any time for free. You can even get multiple copies as long as you don't have one in your personal inventory, which is really helpful for gearing up retainers.

Thanks for this. I knew you could always get a new copy, but I didn't know you could have one copy on a retainer and another on your person. Very helpful indeed.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I remember healing a bardam's mettle once and the GNB was like 'Ok I am going to use superbolide on the first pull'. I thought, 'ok cool that was nice of him to give me a heads up'.

Then he pulls a ton of mobs and hits the button while still at 75% health. :ughh:

I had the same drat thing happen a few hours ago in the 87 dungeon. GNB said "bolide" as he was pulling and popped it while he was still nearly full.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Oddly I had the quickest Toto-rak of my life two days ago. We cleared it in basically three pulls and three bosses, took us almost exactly 10 minutes and 10 seconds.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

hopeandjoy posted:

Also he has several Exarch-y moments in the game.

G’raha is both Exarch and moe at the same time. That is, perhaps, the appeal.

I feel like he could be just slightly more Exarchy for my tastes. Not a lot, and I still enjoy the character just fine. I'm definitely glad he stuck around overall.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

SirSamVimes posted:

Don't most people here literally just use waif to mean "female character that I like"? Y'shtola is a waifu. Emet-Selch is a husbando.

That's what I thought it was as well, but if it bothers people that much I'll certainly endeavor to not use it.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Okay, maybe I'm dumb but I can't actually tell from looking at abilities and the job gauge help ingame. So your DOTs aren't what triggers Repertoire anymore? What is, then? The songs say they have an 80% chance but it doesn't say if that's just on activation, or if that's every so often, or what.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Potsticker posted:

They just tick now at that 80%. Common enough that you don't have to worry about it with enough variance that you're not just robotically pushing a button. Fantastic change, but it does make me wonder if they're going to phase out the dots completely because they're like an upkeep tax right now and pushing Iron Jaws gives you SSR chance same as anything else so the whole thing is a weird vestigial feeling part of the class now.

Huh, interesting. Thank you, good to know.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Firebert posted:

Dots are good, they just need to implement them better. ShB Bard desperately needed Bane, I honestly would have preferred this (or adding the effect to Iron Jaws/Shadowbite) to what they did because there are already too few dot classes. They really should implement Pandemic timers like WoW, especially given the game's latency. In WoW — a game which has a ton of dot classes — you can refresh your dots when 30% of their duration is left and the time is added to the new dot so you have a lot more leeway for reapplying them.

They should also change a ton of debuffs to buffs on the player instead, because it is comical that you simply cannot apply dots in large group content in 2021. Looking at you Reaper!

I was thinking about this too a bit earlier, a pandemic effect would be so nice to have. I am a person who likes DoT effects in general, but having to time them so carefully because you neither want to let them fall off nor overwrite potency is just annoying.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Captain Oblivious posted:

The absolute flanderization of Emmanellain in Endwalker is the one thing that sucks rear end in an otherwise stellar expansion.

Agreed, was not a fan at all.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Harrow posted:

I’ve got some stored up because I assume the price is going to briefly spike as soon as the new treasure instance is released

On my server, Zonureskin maps are going for like four times that of the new ones. I stocked up on Kumbhiraskins for the same reason, but since I'm full on them I'm just gathering the older ones to sell right now.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Mordiceius posted:

pro tip - mail extras to a friend and have them return them

This is a good tip, but I'm lazy and I have enough retainers that I'm not worried about storing more right now.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

orcane posted:

However, it's hilarious you can't copy the miner/botanist bars as easily. Because although their abilities are identical, they all have their own fluff names.

I could have sworn that despite the different names, doing a copy between those jobs would switch it to the correct abilities. It's been ages since I've done it though, so maybe I'm recalling incorrectly.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Arrrthritis posted:

I hit 86 on NIN and i'm wondering how to activate my superior fart cloud. Does it happen automatically after I do an AoE before/after casting Doton? I'm a little confused as to the order of events needed to eke out that extra potency.

Yeah, this took me some time to figure out too. But it activates automatically when you do the second hit of the AOE combo or use one of the AOE Fire Ninjutsus with Doton on the ground and enemies in it. As near as I can tell there's no animation or anything, just a differently named tick of damage in the scrolling combat text.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Ah cool, I'll have to keep an eye out for that then.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Just saw the minion drop from Dead Ends for the first time, in all the Expert Roulettes I've done there. Won it with a 31, which makes up for having to heal a pretty bad Red Mage through the place.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm just throwing another instance of Minuet where my Pitch Perfect was bound. gently caress trying to relearn muscle memory. :v:

Going to have to do the same probably, this might mess me up for a while.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

If gardening wasn't locked behind having a house I'd probably give up my personal plot. I'm a poo poo decorator and don't do a whole lot with the space other than grow stuff for myself and my FC. Can't crossbreed plants unless you have a house, though!

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

ImpAtom posted:

Right, but a home with an exterior wouldn't be instanced unless you were just getting rid of neighborhoods which would absolutely upset a bunch of people.

There's no reason you couldn't have both the wards for people who want neighborhoods and instanced housing for people who don't care about that.

As far as neighborhoods go my full ward is dead quiet anyway. I almost never see anyone else around aside from occasionally one person at the market board. I personally feel the neighborhood aspect is completely oversold.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

E: nevermind, too grumpy.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 16, 2022

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Macaluso posted:

Still no house for me this day :(

The ward my main's FC bid in was bugged, it said no one won and gave us all our money back. :(

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Cleretic posted:

B: Bioblaster's presence as a short-range AoE in a combo that's otherwise long-range single-targets is ugly and unhelpful where it is, even if the AoE Heavy is good.

I've been playing MCH too and loving it even thought I'm a pretty terrible PVPer. 100% agree with this though, it's the single thing that really frustrates me about it.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

A Moose posted:

You know, I don't think people give bots enough credit. Crafting would be basically impossible without a supply of cheap fire crystals

While probably not the absolute most purely efficient time to gil investment, mining and botany retainers can bring back 120 crystals per 40 minutes. I send them for those if I have nothing I want from them at the moment or if I'm getting desperately low.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

A Moose posted:

Yeah, but if you use The Giving Land and The Twelve's Bounty with your extra attempt skill you can get more than that every like, 3 minutes. The problem is that if you craft a bunch of the highest level CUL white scrip recipe, you can blow through like 300 crystals in way less time than it took to gather the materials, and you need a TON of white scrip to get the materia you need to craft 2 star stuff if you don't want to buy it.

I've been having my BTN retainer go farm the level 70-80 materials you need for CUL collectables, like the honey chips from Rak'tika and the wheat from Kholusia, since they bring back 50 at a time. I have my WAR retainer go hunt for Ovibos Milk (for the purple scrip CUL recipe) because he brings back 12 at a time and I think its more efficient than farming bicolor gems or just farming the mobs themselves

Yeah, fully agreed in general. I don't send my retainers for crystals often, there are usually better ways to get them and more important things to have retainers gathering. I was just pointing out that if you want crystals with an absolute minimum amount of personal effort, the method is there.

And I know how blowing through crystals goes for sure, probably used 3000 fire crystals or more in the past week, along with a bunch of water ones too.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I just got Dragoon to 86, and holy gently caress I am suddenly glad I don't main this job. The little musical riff on Chaotic Spring, an ability that is used regularly in the rotation, is absolutely grating and awful. Why the hell would you put a harp sound or whatever it is on one random Dragoon attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Griz posted:

it gives vuln up, and like 5 minutes in there's a star/lar immediately followed by a raidwide that usually gets a bunch of people.

if I get normal raid roulette in progress (10 minutes) it's usually o11.

O11 can be rough for sure, but it's Alexander 9 that I dread getting in raid roulette. It's not a hard fight, but there's enough going on and enough damage going out that I see sprouts struggle there sometimes. Then there's the add mechanics, which if not done correctly can lead to one of several instant wipe conditions. If you have someone who knows how to do it and does it it's fine, but if you don't you can have a lot of trouble.