Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Regalingualius posted:

I’m wondering: what’s the cheapest way to get to the moon from Sharlyan?

Set a free/cheap destination there. Failing that, the moon is connected to Garlemald, and I'm not 100% sure but I think the closest you can get is to talk to the woman in Sharlayan who teleports you to Thavnair for free and go from there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I can't imagine using focus target for anything other than the boss, I need 100% castbar uptime

Pollyanna posted:

The macro is mostly cause I'm sick of shaking my mouse to find my cursor so I can click Swiftcast -> Thin Air -> Raise, costing precious time. It'd be amazing if there was better chording or hotkeying options, but...

Just in case you didn't know, there's an option to make the cursor big which might skip the "shaking the mouse" phase.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I started ACN for the dual job thing, up to level 50 I used SMN for overworld stuff and SCH for fast queues, at 50 I dropped SMN and although I've levelled a couple of other classes it's always SCH for new dungeons/trials/raids.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ojetor posted:

Completely unrelated to anything current but I decided to start doing command missions so I can finally become a Flame Captain, 7 years late. I swear they picked the most loving sadistic dungeon choices possible for command missions. The loving goblin tank boss at the end of Brayflox Hard is one of the most difficulty loving things I've ever done in this game, trying to push away all the bombs by myself then having to DPS down the big bomb, I must have died like 20 times attempting it.

I'm currently in Wanderer's Palace (Hard) where final boss Dooms you and you need to be healed to full to remove it. Guess what my idiot squadron healer does NOT do.

I recommend not doing the level 50 command missions. You just need to do 5 different ones, and that can be the first four and Aurum Vale.

After that, the only reason to use them is for levelling alt DPS jobs, and the level 50 dungeons are bad for that because they give low XP.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Annath posted:

What is Bozja exactly? Is it like a dungeon? Or a special zone?

It's a special zone, where you run round with random other players doing FATEs. You can use any character level 71+ and they level sync to 80 but you still get exp.

As well, there are consumable items you can find ("lost actions") that grant big buffs or powerful abilities

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

The last section of the dev notes about "suspicious services" has me very curious. Anyone have a clue what it's referring to?

I'm just guessing, but I suspect there are services where you get a discount on your sub by paying some dodgy provider in bitcoins or starbucks gift cards or something, and they log into your account to make the payment to square-enix with a stolen credit card

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Does anyone have a good rule of thumb for 83 line rotation mechanic? The quadrant rotation is simple enough for me but that other one just slides over my brain lol

What I do is point the camera to face the snakes so that the lines are columns, with safe zones either columns 1 and 3 or 2 and 4. Then I turn the camera 90 degrees in the direction of the arrows, and imagine the same pattern as before, and go to a safe zone in my imagined pattern.

e: oops didn't notice I had an old browswer window sitting around

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Thundarr posted:

I joined a group that was blind for both ex1 and ex2, and we cleared ex1 in one lockout (barely) where ex2 took about two and a half.

I'd guess that's because ex1 you just need one person who can do the mechanics

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Onean posted:

It's funny. Erenville was the fastest I'd ever warmed up to a non-mascot character in FFXIV. Usually they take a scene or three, but not so much for him.

What bugs me (and it's entirely myself being the problem), though, is that I can't not think of Arenvald too when I come across Erenville, simply because their names sound so similar to me.

It's fine because thinking of Arenvald is also good

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I save the superbolide until I'm nearly dead. Maybe I'll waste a benediction but more likely I won't

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I find the waypoints for the meteors useful. It's easier to think "go to A then go to C" than "go left then go up-left no wait I turned round what way was it again?"

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

That's the full meme no cast time ever rotation, it has Scathe in it. The one that's actually vaguely good is different.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Section 9 posted:

Oh wait...it's just out in the world. Can I have a friend tank/heal for it?

Not sure about tanking, sometimes you aren't allowed to target other people's quest mobs, but they could definitely heal you.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

If I’m level 83 and already the msq has gone here… what happens for the rest of the story

https://twitter.com/awhackyscorpio/status/1467601606736818182

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh crap I have been hoarding those, I should put them on the market too.

Is there any reason to keep grade 1-6 materia, I just have them collecting dust in a retainer backpack

I guess I could probably make a lot more money if I put effort into it but selling junk is basically my limit

If you're not using them, sell them. Some of the low level ones marketboard for surprisingly high prices.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Please Calm Down map parties seem to be always FFA inside, but owner needs or FFA for the outside part. Both ways seem to work fine.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Oneiros posted:

i've heard people have been running the current extremes without healers at all :v:

Second extreme if you do this do the things that target healers hit random players instead or is it predictable in some way?

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Once I get all my crafters to 90, wouldn’t I be able to craft the crafted gear myself?

Yes, even the old landsaint stuff is good enough to craft the new crafter gear (you might need HQ ingredients to guarantee HQ though).

It's only the new 90** stuff (ie the ilvl580 combat gear and associated food) that needs a big investment.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

If I’m at the MSQ quest called Endwalker how long should I set aside? I wanna do all the gameplay and story stuff in a row from here to the end in a sitting if possible

I think it took me about 2.5 hours from accepting the quest to getting control back on my character after completing it (this was with healer queue times, ymmv)

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I might actually just do with NPCs first time through, feels more “canon” when they have the dialogue during the run (but also when you die during a run it is an immediate party wipe which kinda sucks)

Final quest structure spoilers There's a dungeon and a trial. You can do the dungeon with a trust but the trial only with real players

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Also make Sadu buff.

She talks buff but she's a thaumaturge aka library nerd

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

SteelMentor posted:

Are the 2B outfit coffers from the first NieR raid on a daily/weekly lockout or can I attempt for them per run?

Then again if I keep getting groups like the one last night that really, really struggled to understand the Engels fight I might not even bother :shepface:

Per run

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Warrior and Gunbreaker are the best tanks for savage because if you don't have Continuation or Inner Release you won't die you'll just have a bad parse

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

They should split up ARR into two roulettes:

Bad Alliance Raid Roulette with CT and Void Ark

Good Alliance Raid Roulette with the others

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bloody Emissary posted:

I think we can all agree that the best part of losing MSQR will be consigning these recurring debates about the morality of skipping Castrum to the annals of history.

However, debates on the morality of taking off gear to get CT will last forever

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I love how for endwalker AF gear they remembered that SCH is supposed to be a battle tactician rather than a teacher

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Robo Reagan posted:

I haven't played since EW release so it's been a few months. Any major changes or weird balancing to the healers or are they all pretty much where they were on launch?

The same. Fey Union has a longer tether now but that's it.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Not so much "gave up" as "barely started". There are only a tiny number of gear pieces which actually account for tails. Accounting for ears they do a lot more.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

As someone who mains a healer job without Benediction, Dark Knight is the worst tank

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Vermain posted:

It's strange that a near-instant application is being done for certain effects, but not others. SCH/SGE shields show up instantly post-Endwalker, and SGE has both E.Dosis and Pneuma show up almost as soon as the server will let it. I'm not sure why it isn't universal, aside from maybe bandwidth considerations.

I think the idea is that if a spell takes 2.5 seconds to cast then naturally the effect should be applied after 2.5 seconds. Shields are a special exception post-EW to guarantee that if you weave Deployment Tactics immediately afterwards then the shields are properly up before the deploy, so they apply at the start of the slidecast window ie at the point when the game knows the cast will not be interrupted and cancelled.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Cleretic posted:

The worst part of Sage is that its whole thing is basically being a dispenser of rapid, weak shields that you're banking on breaking, but you have to press two buttons to lay down that shield every time.

They made 'TBN: The Job', except it's worse to use than TBN itself.

Just do it prepull (and in downtime) in raids and between packs in dungeons. Both buttons are instant cast so you can do it without stopping.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Vitamean posted:

let's see those plates people

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm really enjoying CC and it helps that on JP datacenters the number of horny plates is almost 0.

I've not been playing a huge amount but in EU I've not seen any of the stupidly horny plates. My only exposure to them has been this thead and other places on the internet where people post them.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

It matches the PvE healing experience of doing DPS and occasionally reluctantly casting a heal if it isn't too much trouble

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah every class in PVP is like 5 buttons, vaguely inspired by the PVE class but not actually having much in common.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah players in fights with a "one gear piece per week" loot lockup will sometimes roll Pass on the gear they don't want then wait, hoping that the other players will win that gear and be out of contention for the gear the player actually wants.

This has obvious downsides if more than one person is trying to do it to get the same piece.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Bruceski posted:

Is there a good site that does boss writeups in text with diagrams/short videos as needed? https://www.akhmorning.com/raids/p2s for example fits perfectly with how I process information but they haven't done P3S and P4S. All I can find are either full textwall descriptions or videos.

ffxiv toolbox guides for individual mechanics are probably good. Often fuller guides link to them but if you want to see them in a somewhat disorganised way you can go to https://ff14.toolboxgaming.space/browse/ and search for the fight you care about

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

FeatherFloat posted:

In regards to "why don't they just make the housing hoggers pick one house to keep and ditch the rest" a member of my FC claims that due to the way Japanese laws regarding gatcha in games are, they can't or someone will sue them. Something about how the laws are worded, the way houses are obtained, and a side note on how housing is so important to the JP player base that the level of backlash towards doing anything too heavy-handed is something they just don't want? I take it all with a grain of salt, but I'm just tossing that out there.

The impression I've got from looking at this stuff is that everyone ascribes mystical powers to Japanese gacha laws but the only actual Japanese gacha law is you can't have gachas with stuff you can only get by combining multiple gacha rewards

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Halatali has always been a more annoying dungeon than Totorak, and now Coppbell is fixed it's the reigning champion bad early dungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

High end fights I see the 1 and 2 markers most often used on healers since the game loves healer stacks