Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Finished 3.0.

In a msq with a lot of good moments, the one at the absolute end of the final boss fight where, upon realising he's lost, Thordan just thrashes around the place like a child having been told off, was just the best given everything he had put us through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Couldn't you also do sick Inital D car stuff or am I thinking of another dog mount?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Lord_Magmar posted:

You're absolutely correct, don't let YoshiP bully you from your truth.

The AddOn stuff is all about unfair gameplay advantages, but they can't "define" AddOns to ban only specific ones, and they can't allow all of them the way WoW does because console gaming is a thing for FFXIV.

Don't tell anyone about your AddOns in a way that can be reported to Square and they can't do anything about it.

Speaking of, I've reported this to Square. More seriously this situation has nothing to do with what most people use, the (disgraced, not accepted) world first team weren't using UI fixes or Ping Fixes or even dps meters. They were using literal zoomhacks and pixel perfect visible hitboxes.

There's also the fact that WoW has a specific toxicity problem that amounts to making Game Enhancement AddOns mandatory which I can imagine the XIV staff don't want any part of.

But yeah, unless something bonkers happens, as long as you keep shtum in XIV proper (and maybe the official forms, just to be safe) about what AddOns you're using, the mods will leave you alone.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jan 31, 2023

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Sprout question, what is the sort of time of an average, successful, savage-tier battle?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
3.1: I find it kinda funny that Krile, the one other FF expy in the story, and someone whose FFV countrpart has both encountered and is herself technically a warrior of darkness, is the one that has issues with the term warriors of darkness.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

meteor9 posted:

FFV didn't have Warriors of Darkness though?

Not in name no. But the whole thing of there being another set of guys from another world doing what you were trying to do, albeit far more amicably, in V

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Truga posted:

stealth missions own
i hope we get stealth raid mechanics next expansion

Only if we get to do it MGS4 style and, when caught, just light the place.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I remember one interview asked him about a butt slider and he responded "Well, would you use it or just put it up to max?" and they said max and he was like "Well, then what you want is just bigger butts."

Given how xiv was, you gotta have a sense of humour about things our you'd just go mad.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Antivehicular posted:

The dress code in Goblin Ul'dah right now seems to be Fat Cat hoodies, so I wouldn't worry too much

So lazy, stay at home, and eat a whole tub of Häagen-Dazs kinda Little Ladies Day.

edit: It occurs to me that I had mentally mixed up "hoodie" with "onesie".

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Mar 1, 2023

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
You Voidsent Fiend!

In other news I really like doing the non-MSQ stuff on my steamdeck but I wish it didn't have a bad habbit of "sticking around" in the background. Might be something I need to cook a bash script up for or something.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Onean posted:

They've just put out info for the Hatching Tide event.

Oh, no! My cabbages!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Cleretic posted:

Man, all those people mad about the Nier crossover are gonna hate the Metal Gear one.

But enough about the Crystal Braves :eng99:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Thundarr posted:

Ultima Weapon is basically a fancy Metal Gear, Snake could take it out.

Might be hard pressed to survive ultima.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

A Job where everytime they think about giving MNK a ranged attack it goes to that Job instead.

I would see plans for other jobs burn for one 100 potencey ranged ki (aether?) blast.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

goblin week posted:

i’m about to do the steps of whatever so I know I am CLOSE. i just want to loving fish………but all fisher actions are questlocked!!

If you're that close to HW just push through and get there.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Started Stormblood and, whilst I was aware this wasn't gonna be a sunshine and rainbows and the power of friendship afair from the off, this is some grim reading.

Gods, when you make the Qiqirn, the cute little rat men that normally honk when you knock them out, a ravenous bunch of cannibals all bets are off.

And lets not even start on everything, butterflies included, double the size of my not-short for a lalafell arse very much wanting me dead and eaten.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Bruceski posted:

It's lovely. So many depictions of the type of landscape I grew up in forget the giant carnivorous insects.

Ala Mhigo is based on Australia?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just got to StB and the Zenos "fight" .

:tviv:

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Nothing quite like wiping twice to A11, watching this one dipshit refuse actively to do the QTE both times, see the selfsame dipshit get 9999'd by it a third time and then watch as they run off with all the loot at the end.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Watching videos of the initial Ishgard restoration and I'm kinda sad I missed out on it cause it looks wild and the music is real loving good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12IzY4AcjIo

Yeah sometimes the events of the "Story" and the social elements of XIV clash pretty badly in HW.

I appreciate that StB integrated those elements of the game better in that the main hub is supposed to be where people from all stripes are supposed to mingle and the player-residential area is available near immediately.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

I think they said once they had to switch someone out of their dungeon test team because they'd got too good

Didn't one of the recent high-end raids have a bunch of issues because the QA team had gotten too good?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Also did some wacky things to the math such that certain team compositions, through no fault of their own, couldn't do enough damage before enrage.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 15, 2023

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I know it's not an original thought, and I have no idea about the numbers involved, but they really need to rebalance ARR / its postgame to be part of the overall Main Storyline Questline better.

That and allow you to, through some Dr Who bullshit, do the other two starting city's lv 01-10 quest line as those are kinda important in terms of establishing the other two city states.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I get that. Conversely having to grind to fifty for ARR (2.0's) endgame and then being twenty levels down for Hw's classes is a frustrating thing.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

goblin week posted:

They should delete the option to start in Gridania, for starters

Speaking as someone who did that. Yeah, can't really disagree.
Really it should be a tour of all three cities and their 1-15 quest lines.
Like I said, there's a fair bit of context in the other two cities I'd really would have liked to have been on the up-and-up on.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Mister Olympus posted:

No but there's an explanation for not having the aetheryte. Note how there's a big central platform that would clearly otherwise be the aetheryte stand but instead there's a statue of Lolorito

... Son of a bitch, how did I miss that?!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Dareon posted:

Idle thought, one of the shards has to have Elezen labeled as Guado.

Wait, the Guado were Elves this whole time?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Also, from experience, Archer (Gridania) is thunderously boring in most cases (and its rotation is luck based) and especially early on.

I'd second Ul'Dah, personally. Good classes with good early-game rotations and links the most with the story of ARR imho.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 15:44 on May 28, 2023

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I'll need to do a quick check run at some point if that carries forward to the base Archer class, since I started ("20, kinda stopped for a bit and then went ham following the Endwalker Hype) then.

Still, I wouldn't recommend it for people starting XIV outright, in any case.
Even at its best, a class that randomly procs its B combo skill and, as I mind it, doesn't even have a C Combo Skill, does a lot to confuse a starting player about XIV's gameplay flow.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 11:30 on May 29, 2023

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I could unironicaly go for more adventures at Elf-School.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I just have a Swiftcast + Thin Air Macro ready next to Raise because I have that next to my Limit Break button and if that Macro snuffs I'm only out the MP for Thin Air which isn't a big deal.

Oh I also have Asylum macro'd to cast on Target because mouse targeting on pad is the absolute pits.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 12, 2023

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

1stGear posted:

Frantically making a thumbnail of Meteor Survivor doing the soyface next to impact font PROOF FF16 TAKES PLACE ON A SHARD! THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!

Wasn't there something about A suspicious red dot in the sky way out in space in one shot or another?

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Firebert posted:

The only Hildi storyline I like is Heavensward because it is cute :shobon:

Oddly enough I thought the HW one was a bit of a let down and was kinda holding on for dear life to its connection to the whole Vivi thing.

I really think the Scholastic Questline is the better storyline involving Hildibrand adjacent characters.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just got to Zenos in the Stormblood Endgame and I was suddenly struck with the revelation that this fuckstick is just Seymour with even less to bitch about than ol' Blue-fuzz ever had.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

girl dick energy posted:

People's reactions to him is very funny. He's specifically supposed to be a callout for a certain type of MMO player, and half of his dialogue sounds like he's trying to talk to the player, rather than the character. But in-universe, he's only really even remotely on-point on his accusations if you play your WoL in a very specific way.

I certainly Denied him in any case.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
"Every new feature I, personally, don't like is another copy/paste, down+b counter JRPG McSwordsguy holding us back from a glorious Scrimblo world."
:goonsay:

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jul 29, 2023

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
An entire International SuperStar Soccer soundtrack remixed by Soken would be... Intresting.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
AFAIK, PVP works on TF2 rules wherein you can change your class in the starting area at any time for no penalty.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Is the explosion in the background from some kind of emote or item?

In the background. goes off every 30 seconds or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

Soken collaboration with Elton John.

Soken Remix of the Mysterious Cities of Gold theme.