Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Onean posted:

Here's an Imgur album of the printouts they showed for the Alliance Raid armor:
https://imgur.com/a/TxbDDDe

And another for the Hrothgar hair, including the B2 haircut:
https://imgur.com/a/lpXmgWc

(Screenshots again from the Reddit Discord.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
how do you get the job-specific adventurer plate stuff

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm pretty sure the only reason housing isn't unlimited is because it physically can't be

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Countblanc posted:

they should just add one really big house that everyone shares

the big house everyone shares is Etherys

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Reaper's gimmick is that they suck until you hit LB and then you become amazing briefly but the problem is

1. you really suck a lot outside of LB

2 LB doesn't make you amazing, it just makes you a regular dps for 5 GCDs instead of a half-assed mess

getting to pretend you're a dragoon for ten seconds does not a viable character make

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
wasn't it always better dps to swiftcast slipstream

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It cannot be overstated how much damage dragoon's beam does from max distance, you just watch motherfuckers' HP disappear

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Farg posted:

as i have a house, the system is fine.

Final gently caress You Got Mine XIV

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I mean., yeah. This was never going to fly.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm all about Cerberus Fang because FFXIV has a dearth of gunblades that are sleek and simple and not greatsword-length which is good sometimes but give me some variety goddamn

Cerberus Fang looks like it actually came out of FFVIII

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah I imagine they'll be a non-themed group of craftables like how the first tier of Shadowbringers crafted 80 weapons were a random mishmash of stuff

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The legend is the Ivalice raids

it was even the 4.1 key art

much like how 5.1 was a Nier reference and not relevant to the MSQ at all

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Hogama posted:

Oh dang, looks like Blufever got destroyed.

That's not surprising. The extreme specificity of what they got right (Tsukiyomi, the order of the last set of Omega bosses, a nameless gunblade-using tank, Dancer, Blue Mage) and what they got wrong (Omega M/F's names, Dancer being a healer, Blue Mage being a full job ) meant Blu was either someone who left the team early in the Stormblood patch cycle or was in contact with someone who was. It probably didn't take a lot to track them down from there.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 9, 2022

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The golden rule has always, always been "if you're using third party tools don't get caught"

I think this is just a combination of firmer enforcement of the ToS and people getting sloppy (don't say it)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kyrosiris posted:

It absolutely does matter because it's going to have a chilling effect on streaming in general.

It's also going to start a huge backlash the first time someone gets brigaded over something simple like chat bubbles or portable orchestrion.

a "chilling effect" of people not openly using third party tools on stream because if you don't then you're not getting in trouble? or do you believe GMs are giving people ten day bans entirely due to brigading without checking to see if there's any actual evidence?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

i wonder if its because of the height aspect, like maybe mesotes isnt an infinitely high cylinder for once, meaning you jumping in from 30 feet in the air is the issue

You're not actually in the air for Sky High - it's more like your character model becomes invisible and when you hit Sky Shatter you're doing a point blank AoE much like all teleports in this game aren't true teleports and are just your character moving really quickly

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Pulling out a nearly ten year old post from a community rep is not a good representation of what S-E policy is or was

as far as I know there's never been an actual exception for reshade there's a reason nobody talks about it in-game just like every other mod

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kyrosiris posted:

The official 14 twitter account has regularly retweeted screenshots with the gpose/gposers hashtags, etc.

1. we're still talking about community managers and not people actually working on the game or enforcing the ToS

2. do you mean a "reshade" hashtag? because as long as no one is openly going "I GOT THIS SICK SCREENSHOT FROM RESHADE" I don't think it's in any way actionable

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
no one is suing anyone

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
tbf mainly what that did was confuse everyone as to what was going on

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
https://twitter.com/KageSatsuki/status/1531277472536244229

https://twitter.com/KageSatsuki/status/1531278715107176448

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Really feels like people have built up gardening as a much bigger feature than it actually is.

I've had a house since HW and haven't gardened a single thing even once

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I was on a windows ME computer for six years

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
the fact that the people involved are out there trying to sucker streamers into their events under false pretenses bugs me infinitely more than a billboard

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah there's something weird about paying for girlfriend rp as opposed to just, like, roleplaying it like the sex work it is

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The Grand Company stuff feels really vestigial to the story and only exists as a gameplay element because there was a time when MMOs all needed color coded factions for players to join

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
sahagin lay the eggs

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The thing about the Nier raids is that the Nier stuff is mostly window dressing for the actual story, which is about the twins and the village. It's the cause of everything, but not the focus or connected to what Taro is trying to look at.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Most of the ARR job stories are not great

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kyrosiris posted:

This being something that is never addressed or touched upon after the fact is one of 14's biggest story failings.

How in the tap-dancing christ does the WoL not bust into Kan-e's treehouse and be like "okay so, we've got rogue Hearers basically claiming whatever the gently caress they want to push their own agenda, what specifically are you and your siblings gonna do about this"??

Thundarr posted:

Yeah some combination of

"I just joined an army to shut down a tyrant nation, I'm not going to put up with a local tyrant just because they're traditional"

"I am already experienced in convincing inscrutable ancient beings to abandon their old grudges and live amicably with mortals"

and

"Have you even seen how many gods I've beaten up, I'm not even tired"

should be sufficient to convince the elementals to chill the gently caress out if they ever decide to go back to blighting the populace or kidnapping small children. It'll be pretty bad if future stories indicate this keeps happening and both WoL and Kan-E are both like welp that's just the way things are!

what game are you guys playing where the WoL does anything of their own volition without a quest attached to it, much less unilaterally marching into a nation and going "Um, actually, I know what's best for your culture. Stand back, plebs. :smug:"

If there's going to be change in Gridania it has to come from within Gridania, and no one seems to even consider loving with the Elementals.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kyrosiris posted:

Yes because that's exactly the same as "hey you've got dudes out there with your sanction and authority abusing that position to enforce their own whims that have zero backing from the Elementals, you might wanna address that"

Again, unless the WoL is actively requested to step in, it's not really any of their business.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
come on esuna barely works on anything anyway we all know that

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sirtommygunn posted:

I did the samurai 60-70 quests and did not like them. It's really bizarre that in an expansion all about being pro revolution, the big new class questline is all about helping the cops stop a revolution. The story tries to justify this by saying that their revolution would only lead to more bloody and pointless conflict, but I don't see any reason the same argument couldn't have been applied to Ala Mhigo or Doma's revolutions without the benefits of hindsight. There were some hints that the leader of the rebels didn't have any intention to create a better society, only wanting to kill the people in charge and leave the people in anarchy, but 1. I don't see how that is worse than the current oppression that was fully admitted to and 2. that was not the reason being given by the protagonist of this story for why they were bad. It ends with the lesson that if you simply work within the system, progress will be made slowly but steadily over the course of several lifetimes, which is just a complete loving lie that anybody paying attention to our current global political situation should be able to tell you.

it is extremely explicit that the villain doesn't want to build a new society, but wants a return to the warring states era. The reason this is unequivocally bad is that the warring states era was, given our frame of reference for the real world one, a hell on earth that lasted over a century and is one of the worst civil wars in human history. It is absolutely a worse situation than having a corrupt government that keeps the local warlords from throwing hands again This is also the explicit reason the protagonist says the villain is bad so I dunno what you mean there.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sirtommygunn posted:

The rebel leader does not ever state he wants a return to the warring states era, that is something our cop protagonist simply insists will be the inevitable result of his actions. We must take her at her word that she is right or the narrative falls apart

there are not a lot of ways to interpret her saying "if you do this Hingashi will be plunged into another Age of Blood" and the dude responding to her face with "yeah, good lol"

e: ugetsu even opens up the conversation with "hingashi has been at peace for too long" the man is not a heroic revolutionary

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

photos taken moments before disappearing into the gaol

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm using tilt controls.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Maxwell Lord posted:

True, but it's still kinda weird how little she's in EW given the whole "series finale" feel that has.

She's in EW quite a bit more than a lot of characters who have been around forever - Hell she has WAY more screen time than Cid or any of the city-state leaders

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Soooo the reaper in the trailer is totally going to be Azdaja isn't it

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
prelim patch notes

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/27bd3bc448b9208f4bd67a94f37d9ee6a81f96e0

that is a shitload of main story quests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
relogged after months long break and I see I'm 5 item levels short for the 6.2 trial

welp