Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

how are people liking DRG in 6.0? Mine is getting dumpstered by SMNs in the 81-90 dungeons but I dont know how much of that is the class and how much is just me being bad at drg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

lol

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Lord_Magmar posted:

I unironically think he’s been possessed by a proto-Voidsent as a bit of irony considering he possess Thancred during his MSQ fight. Hence the way the raid seems to be set up narratively.

I'm thinking psycho future Lahabrea hitched a ride with you somehow and possessed his past self during your initial visit

Wild speculation: the fourth boss and the lyrics to the fourth boss's music makes me think future bosses in the raid will also be refs to popular non-Square PS1 games

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

A lot of the "DRK is absolutely unplayably bad" hysteria came from people noting that they have slightly less survivability in 4-man content compared to WAR, who basically everyone agrees is already invincible as long as the healer isn't asleep on their keyboard.

I think I could probably solo all or almost all dungeon bosses in the game as WAR. I soloed the big cheese from 25% a little while ago (the healer died at 70%)

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Just swap to MCH, he's weak vs Chainsaw

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jan 12, 2022

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Augus posted:

SUCH DEVASTATION
THIS WAS NOT MY INTENTION

SUCH DEFECATION

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

yea its better to group for those

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

sheesh

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Arist posted:

"Only roll Need if it's your map" is a terrible system for several reasons, chief among them the fact that you're not guaranteed to get a portal. It puts you in a position where you're rooting for other people to have bad luck because if anyone else gets a portal it's less time spent on a map where you have a chance of actually getting something before the group disbands.

theres also a good chance not everyone will get the memo, or will pretend to not get the memo if something good drops

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Vitamean posted:

let's see those plates people

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

A Moose posted:

Has anyone read any of the notes in the Dead Ends? I've googled for 10 or so minutes and found nothing. I just look at them as my party goes running by, there's probably some cool lore in there...

https://github.com/xivapi/ffxiv-datamining/blob/master/csv/GimmickBill.csv

lines 69 through 74 are the lore objects from The Dead Ends

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

The natural order, overturned!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Captain Oblivious posted:

Taken away seems unlikely.

But there might come a point where profiles like that one become reportable.

Yea this is probably how they'll deal with it, giving GMs the tools to edit/delete portraits that go too far just like they can rename players and guilds

but there's no denying this is tremendous content

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

hazardousmouse posted:

That's actually a really good idea for getting SMN to 90. Simplified play set, team environment, that might work for me

and best of all, once you're there you get a free 90 SCH for fast Aglaia and Asphodelos queues

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

DRG, SMN and WAR seem like the most meta CC classes in gold/silver right now

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah, the wiki suggests that it ran for two and a half years last time.

I was surprised they stopped it at all. Expect it to last basically forever

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Consummate Professional posted:

Only two more to go for me. Insanely annoying how luck based it is.

But it has been a nice way to get experience for jobs I don't like playing.

Queueing as a group can help. 4 SMNs or 4 SCHs acting in concert will really tilt things in your team's favor

https://old.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/u4ursl/frontline_is_not_in_a_good_place_after_61/

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

A lot of people stay subbed between expansions because they don't want to lose their plots

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I only played CC to Gold but the few times I saw someone spam Nice Match! after a setback early in a game we ended up winning in the end, ragequitting in that mode is real dumb

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Onean posted:

Yeah, I'm not really sure what they expected when they hired a team that had no experience in making an MMO, had leadership that didn't really play MMOs, and didn't even try to learn the lessons previous games had already left for them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVJ_k75f_GQ
It's weird to me how little headhunting seems to go on in MMO dev. Some of my oldest twitter follows are Planetside 2 devs and hardly any of the systems guys seem to work in games anymore. And Planetside 2 was really technically impressive!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

RME posted:

300k seems low for an hour of a persons time tbh

I think it'd be pretty easy to bot though

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

FuturePastNow posted:

If I want to convert Poetics to gil I buy Unidentifiable Ore and use that to buy Grade 3 Thanalan topsoil to sell.

Last I checked there really is no good way, at least on Excalibur. Theres just way more people trying to unload poetics than there is demand for the stuff you can spend them on, if you have all the alt job gear you want you can just let them rot with zero guilt

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

company of heroes 2 was phenomenal

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Shinjobi posted:

Mild curiosity about the role quests in shadowbringers. Doing the DPS one right now involving an old hunter. Do the other role quests similarly involve other members of that party of old?

I guess I'm just curious if anything is different in the story later if you get all the quests done. Disclaimer: I will probably not get all the quests done before I complete the MSQ. Just wanna know if there's any differences down the road.

yeah, the MSQ has some callbacks to the SB capstone if you complete it

edit: actually now I can't remember if the MSQ does, the Eden plotline definitely does though, and the MSQ almost certainly will in the future

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Oct 24, 2022

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

should be Estminion

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

That would be a big deal, but doesn't everyone do top end content?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

SirSamVimes posted:

Gap closing mid-knockback is one of the coolest feelings in the game.

Oneiros posted:

i like watching the boss spin in a circle

across time and space, warriors stay winning

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Wonder what this is about :ohdear:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SOKENsquareenix/status/1630680295350611968

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Gardens get people to engage with housing, and housing drives subscription retention. I think they will never add gardens to the sanctuary

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Electric Phantasm posted:

In 6.4 you can now ditch the fairy and return to Carbuncle.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

idk if you'll like the rest but you've definitely seen the worst of it

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Torgal class

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

we already got that in Heavensward, Containment Bay S1T7

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Kwyndig posted:

I believe Yoship's previous response to demand for a butt slider were to shame the people who just wanted to turn it all the way up. I agree, I have never seen anybody ask for a slightly bigger butt, it's always badonkadonk or nothing.

simply make the maximum so large that no sane person would choose it

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Valentin posted:

do most summer vacation movies end with the core protagonists scattered and broken, riven by betrayal

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

How the gently caress was he not perma'd for constantly referring to children in the falcon thread as 'lolis'?

not enough falcon enthusiasts on the mod team, that thread is the wild west

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Pictomancers are a magical DPS class that expresses their creativity in combat. Pictomancer players will use a mouse or gamepad to draw their attacks on the battlefield in real time

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

To make the pets smaller when they could conceivably be bigger is not wisdom, it is indolence

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

the george bush one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Mr. Nice! posted:

You haven’t really experienced WAR yet at 50. Trust me - keep leveling it. WAR becomes almost ungodly.

I usually main war when I play the game every couple years and I can't imagine it'll be as busted in Dawntrail as it was/is in Endwalker MSQ content. Being unkillable and even patch healing the dps before the healer can is very funny