Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Harrow posted:

Endwalker........ is good

I've run the numbers and they spell disaster for samoa joe at sacrifice agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Macaluso posted:

Was the pizza emote a limited supply thing for some insane reason? It doesn't appear to have applied the code to my order. Was the 20,000 seriously the limit for the emote itself and not just the free delivery? If there was actually a limit on this digital item they can make infinite of then that is just insane

I think that just like every cross promotion involving ff xiv the massive response by the fanbase overwhelmed what the partner was expecting and they have to scramble to catch up.

Like I can't imagine those 20,000 free deliveries even lasted an hour.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Begemot posted:

I'm really curious about (MSQ end) where it goes from here, though. Like literally what even the first patch is gonna be. Maybe just touring around to see what each of the Scions are up to? But that would be weird since we just said goodbye. I can't wait to find out!

Emet literally told you like the next decades worth of content after saving your friends with you

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Begemot posted:

Well yeah, but this is for the patches, I don't think we're going to Meracydia immediately. It would be cool if we got some new hard mode dungeons for the MSQ this time, stuff that never got it before.

personal gut feeling is that we'll be doing stuff with Graha/Krile and Estinien since we know they're going to be in the hub cities for at least the first couple content patches

Alternately: this is an anime so make 6.1 the beach episode

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Black Stones posted:

Is the plan to move the FC house or something? Kinda sad because I liked the current location. I can’t really contribute funds as I don’t have much money but I can provide a body.

We need bodies more than money anyway. If you're going to be able to help there's more details in the TPT discord.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vitamean posted:

it should actually be a mount

and yes you should be able to fly while "riding" it

it already is, you're just on a turtle while doing it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vitamean posted:

I knew someone wouldn't be able to resist making this smartass comment

it's not a smartass comment it's raising awareness of one of the best mounts in the game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

parasyte posted:

I use a mod with Penumbra to turn it into a cheeseburger and it's easily my favorite mod and mount in the game.

lol this rules

I think my favorite mod is the balloon dog carbuncle mod

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Regalingualius posted:

So this is going to be my first patch where I’m up to date. What usually happens with Tomestones? Do the weekly limited red ones become the new infinitely grindable currency and the blue ones become depreciated and can be exchanged? Just asking because I’m wondering how I should spend them this week.

you got it right but also that won't happen until 6.2, they get updated with new 8 man raid tiers. You can use coins (or whatever token they decide to use) from the 24 man raid to buy upgrade materials for the armors and accessories, which you get by completing the raid, capped at one per week. I think in one of the 6.1x patches they will also let you buy the upgrade materiel for the weapon as well, but it's not available immediately.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bruceski posted:

Do we know if GARO is coming back right away with 6.1?

according to the website it is yes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean it's not like you can be logged in on multiple characters at once

you don't need to stay logged on once you buy your lotto ticket

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

HackensackBackpack posted:

You're also only allowed one house and one FC plot per world per service account. Having extra alts on the same world could give you extra lottery entries, I suppose, but you'd need all of those alts at level 50, 2nd-Lt. with enough gil. FCs need to be Rank 6, with at least four members and, as of Tuesday, the character buying the FC plot must have been in the FC for at least 30 days. You're also only allowed to do either a private lottery entry OR an FC entry on each character.

People who are only in it to resell FCs (e: which is generally what the botters buying up houses are doing) are probably just fine with most of these limitations.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Apr 8, 2022

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vitamean posted:

let's see those plates people

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dragongem posted:

Frontlines is a total crazyfest, there's a mix of people who actually want to try to win for the title and people who just want to find the nearest person and hit buttons

If you're lucky those two objectives intersect :v:

I chained together NIN LB so many times in a row at one point yesterday that my LB just fully charged up again so I'm definitely somewhere around the point of intersection I think.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Captain Oblivious posted:

Their name is Enchilada Night. She's not getting railed she's making GBS threads the fires of Surtur. I can show you one where the aim is transparently to look like they're getting railed but that ain't it.

username/post combo

look there's a reason I used the Limsa background ok

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

New raid: We had a 2-1 add split on the last boss, and we split 8-16, and it didn't balance. It was easy to tell because my party was the 8, the others were the 16, and my ui is colour coded so it was obvious. Either someone was bouncing back and forth off my camera, or it doesn't quite add up perfectly based solely on party numbers.

I watched a bit closer last night and their weight is equal to how many people they tethered, which seems mostly random. There's also a bit of wiggle room, you don't have to be perfect 1:1

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

stev posted:

Why don't they just, like, give every player the option to buy a house and make it an instanced space like apartments?

They did it's called apartments :v:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

orcane posted:

Plenty of the FC only smalls had zero bids but all the larges/mediums on Excal had between 5 and 80 (EULA :laffo:) bids, wait with the doom and gloom until FCs actually had the opportunity to also bid on smalls, without bugs locking them out.

two of the mediums in the ward 3 regular division had zero actual bids and one of them only had one

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Martian Manfucker posted:

My small (2 person) FC on Excalibur would have loved a small house in Ishgard but both of the plots we bid on encountered the no winner bug. Very sad.

sounds like you're going to get one of them then assuming you were the only bid

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheWorldsaStage posted:

Has it been said if the next lottery is on schedule or postponed still?

the lodestone post linked says it's still postponed until they fix it yes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Super No Vacancy posted:

do we know what the rank rewards are. like assuming they give something out at the end of the season

borders for your portraits

you might actually just unlock them immediately on earning a rank too

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

the zero kill losses are over in under 2 minutes so they don't bother me at all, any loss where we got an initial push past 75-ish percent and then just straight lose it all the way can be enough to make me take a small break so I don't play the next match tilted

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

One of my teams in frontlines last night did a meme and it was very fun and funny

One of the two people who left before I could take the shot was also a scholar

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rantmo posted:

I don't know how anyone can keep track of what is happening at any given moment,

Experience, mainly.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dragongem posted:

For real don't take frontlines too seriously unless you are queueing with like a full raid. Lot of chaos and a lot of sheep herding. Easiest thing to do is if someone is calling out where to go, just go there and mash people.

You can only queue as a 4 stack for frontlines

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thundarr posted:

It is, though it does have one part where most pf groups are better off using a tank LB to ignore the mechanic rather than trying to do it properly.

I hear UW Unreal has the old enrage but I have yet to see it happen, even in parties that limp to the end with 8-10 deaths.

I've had a 2% enrage but we had a ton of deaths, this unreal is ridiculously easy. You can basically sight read everything but like two or three mechanics if you have a basic grasp of the game, and one of them comes really quickly in the fight so you learn it real fast.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

No one. It's mostly being posted with no context to show what third party tools are capable of.

I feel like the part of the message that says "see below" is a lot of context

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Subjunctive posted:

I’m really bad, but I will get that shark some day.

Do your missions
use double/triple hook on the big quantity/point fishes during spectral (you can usually identify these by time they take to bite and the bite type)
or even if you don't know what they are just make sure you're always double hooking during spectral you should never finish spectral with enough GP to double hook
(ps you can use this guide to find out what fish are best for points https://ffxiv.pf-n.co/ocean-fishing just make sure you change the filter under the schedule to "show all fish")

it's really easy to get 90% bonus if you get two spectrals and finish all your missions

20% for doing missions
20% if you catch 35 fish during spectral currents (this is combined between every current on the voyage)
20% for getting to 5k points (if you catch 35 spectral current fish you should be able to hit this)
20% for your party combining to catch 10 different fish in one zone (10% each zone, so if you have two spectrals this is basically guaranteed in those two)
10% if you catch a 4* fish (all normal fish in spectral are 4*)

with a 90% bonus you need 5,264 base points (or maybe 5,263 depending on how they round it)

IME the two best point routes are Sharks and Jellyfish (I have broken 20k on both of these routes)

It'll still come down to a bit of luck but you can lower the amount of luck you need by knowing the best ways to hit your point goals

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vitamean posted:

condolences to the free company. can I have your house?

It's in an fc only ward so no

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Splash Attack posted:

i've done a thing

those desynths looking incredibly not maxed out smh smh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

^^lol^^

I can't even imagine how many of my comms are because I waited for everyone else to leave the instance

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I found a few open plots in Shirogane on my server, (including one that I'm pretty sure opened up as I was looking at other ones) and I may give that ward a try after like six years or however long it's been.

Just a casual reminder that even though anyone who's already there is grandfathered in, wards 1-18 in every residential zone are FC only now. 19-24 are the only ones you can buy a personal plot in (FCs already here get to stay as well).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Yes, totally aware, and they're in the individual wards. There's even a mansion up for grabs.

Nice, good luck!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Consummate Professional posted:

It kinda sounds like DOTA with needing/wanting to kill mobs before you fight other players. It's been a ton of years, is that DOTA?

No, Rival Wings is dota

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Valentin posted:

I find this interesting because I feel like EW (enormous endwalker spoilers within) was setting up for SOME kind of character beat for alisaie that simply never comes. she's coming off the huge victory of curing tempering, but she still feels deeply inadequate and there's multiple times in the story (the garlemald convo with alphinaud, thavnair final days, the return to garlemald) where she expresses the feeling she simply isn't good enough. this culminates in Ultima Thule, where she very straightforwardly is like, this sucks, this sucks, I hate this, no matter how strong we get somehow the burden always falls entirely on you, I'm so sorry. then she comes back with the rest of the team for about 30 seconds for their big drat heroes moment.

then you send her away AGAIN because she's actually right, she's still not strong enough to stand beside you and help you, and then instead of her, you accept help from The Worst Dude In The World. and then you almost die having a cool realitybending end of spacetime duel with HIM.

meanwhile alphinaud gets to have his whole firewood moment that's partly about how much the most important people in the world all trust him implicitly. a real sibling L despite having cured tempering

This is all especially perfect when you main RDM because it's just an outright direct comparison between the two of you

though to be fair I always like to characterize it as an older/younger sibling rivalry with the elder (me) pushing the younger to be better so she can catch up/surpass me and the younger (her) pushing the elder to be better so she can't