Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Arc Hammer posted:

I would say that the final act of The World's End is as good as Shaun or Hot Fuzz. From the point that Gary runs away from Andy to finish the golden mile the movie gets really, really good as it finally puts a level of desperation and personal stakes into the film that was sorely lacking.

Nope. Gary is a dick. The film's attempted redemption of him (well, for given values of redemption) fall completely flat, and then end up not even mattering because stupid alien cluster gently caress ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Can't believe you guys slept on the masterpiece Strange Days when listing matrix movies.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

WoodrowSkillson posted:

more than anything, watching naked gun movies or mel brooks movies just makes me sad that NO ONE can apparently replicate that anymore.

Dynamite... Dynamite...

Where does Hot Shots fit on the spoof spectrum? Somewhere in the middle imo

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I think the weird mid-Atlantic accent is what Dennis had in Christmas with Dennis. And who can forget Hy Pike's charming southern belle accent.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

kalel posted:

he's wrong about Scorsese and Altman but I respect the balls

Carpenter/Lynch Odd Couple esque buddy comedy, who says no

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Stink Billyums posted:

well, the budget for lord of the rings is like 6 times as much as wheel of time so it should at least look good

All those executive producers don't pay themselves you know

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Gutcruncher posted:

Just rewatched the Flash Gordon movie last night and wanna remind everyone that the movie is loving awesome and the Arrow 4k transfer is loving awesome.

I got a BluRay/4k setup over Christmas and the first thing I watched was Flash Gordon.

GutCruncher here has good taste is what I'm saying.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I was going to say, it almost feels like some of those commentary track edits. A lot more free association and callback kind of stuff.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Looks like some hot claw game action too in that thing in the top right is any indication

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Like imagine a movie that starts the same way as Nobody / John Wick / Taken / etc., but instead of the elite top assassin or whatever the guy really is just some schmuck and it keeps escalating to where he's, with just a bit of cleverness and luck, haphazardly killing his way through the Russian mob.

Be careful what you wish for that's how we got The Man Who Knew Top Little

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm finding all this Rennervation talk rennervating

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Booby Fett had major structural problems. He had already accomplished his goal before the first episode even aired, and then... did literally nothing after that. He didn't do things, he just showed up in places and things happened around him. Any actual forward momentum is driven by other characters.

His motivation is also inscrutable. What did he want to accomplish? By EP 4 (e.g. nearly two hours) he said he wanted to "do it right", but again he doesn't actually do anything, so it's meaningless.

I think they really screwed up by having him already in place from the Mando end stinger. If they didn't, they could have told the flashback story without having to have him spin his wheels doing nothing in the present.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

A jaystation is where you roll joints. You're welcome

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

So what changed in the video? There's about 20 seconds of dead air at the end which I assume represents whatever had to be taken out.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Coxswain Balls posted:

Along with Darkwing Duck these are all apparently in some kind of shared continuity. The most recent Duck Tales has an episode with the kid in Tale Spin as a grown up loser running the failing sea plane business. The clips I've seen of it on YouTube kind of make me want to check it out to see if it's worth watching with the kids.

Pfft call me when there's a gummi bears crossover. (and no I don't mean that stupid video game)

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

LanceHunter posted:

If Disney is going this hard with the proposal, that means they have finally solved the one problem that stopped EPCOT from being a residential community: The fact that the residents would have the right to vote (and thus, to potentially change the master plan). I can't even imagine what kind of loopholes they have figured out to maintain corporate control of all municipal government.

Seriously. The Sony UBP- X700M is exactly what you'll want here. It'll play all of your old disc media, while most 4k blu-ray players will only play blu-rays. I got one for myself and it worked so well I got one for my grandmother as well (so her movie nights with her friends wouldn't have to worry about having the right type of disc).

I got this BluRay player on black friday, it's real good.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I was around during Knowles' heyday and he was just as obnoxious and terrible then as he is (presumably) now. The only thing he pioneered for me was a lifestyle check so I could be sure I wouldn't end up like him.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Collateral was dope

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The Kingsman is bizarrely, a LoEG remake decades later that gets almost exactly the same things wrong.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm going to watch some of the Marvel Netflix when it comes to D+ this month and am actually kind of looking forward to Charlie Cox daredevil. Not much else tho

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Mozi posted:

and here he is, folks - Wide Island's own Jilly Boel!

Uptown dude

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I wonder what Len's thoughts on that are. Not that specific production but the impact on smaller productions. I doubt he's competing with Netflix for the talent pool and opportunities though.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The really good commentary track editor guy did a full movie version of the Batman and Robin commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGbxloPH2C0

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Is pink panther the only movie to have its credit sequence character have more staying power than the franchise itself?

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I bet Mike only knows what trap music is because he's a big Lil Nas X fan

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The Boys comic started going downhill once they started taking V as well imo

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah that Bruce Willis stuff seems to NOT be a) Bruce choosing to pad his nest egg or b) his family making him work for the same. Instead it feels like these hangers on and related posse (Eads, the prompter guy, et al) trying to get as much blood from the stone for themselves before the inevitable.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

No Mods No Masters posted:

People always say escapist escapist but my understanding was jack took a break from RLM in order to not be around people drinking while he was going sober, until he felt he could handle it. It's admirable but obviously being admirable alone doesn't elevate you from the C tier of panelists

Yeah I got mad respect for Jack on that

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

infernal machines posted:

Probably never, they seem to think they've run that joke so thoroughly into the ground that even they won't return to it

I dunno, Wheaton is giving them a lot of new material

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The Anime Liker posted:

I know Cavill, Fraser, and Cena are wholesome.

Leto is a huge sex criminal, Miller is a crime-doer, and Gadot makes furniture out of Palestinian children.

So of the leads that leaves Mamoa and Robbie, both of whom I know nothing about.

Shazam seems nice

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

This would imply Marky Mark was making content of any value in the first place to "shift" to

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah I never got the love for m+c. It was okay, for a period piece.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Yeah every major repub that passed the reggressive law had their campaigns funded by Disney. That doesn't even get into cozy lobbyist dinners etc.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I for one can't wait for the expanded MCU movie that explores Neil Hamburgers character from ant man

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The F13 isn't blocked by superstition those are the ufo based designs from area 51.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

PostNouveau posted:

It's weird that the Droogs aren't into basketball yet. Is this a prequel? By the end it'll explain why they like basketball so much?

In the dark future basketball is outlawed because of the chaos dunk. Only criminals like the droogs play it

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Azubah posted:

I've started to just turn off a trailer when that poo poo happens, its irritating. It's even worse then it's for a teaser trailer. The teaser does not need a teaser.

I only stick around for in media res if there's a record scratch and an everyman saying "so, I bet you're wondering how I got here..."

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Jon Irenicus posted:

if the first Avatar was a mashup of Ferngully and Dances With Wolves (I mean no disrespect Mr. Cameron) I look forward to what the future Avatar sequel mashups will be

Apocalypse Now and Coming To America

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

stephenthinkpad posted:

Can you guys talk about decent shows and movies? I am trying to find something to watch.

Everything everywhere all at once is super good op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I wonder if anyone would notice if you made one of those left behind style antichrist movies but then had the protagonists realize "Holy poo poo we were totally wrong this isn't the end times" and then live their lives to the fullest after leaving their apocalyptic death cult. Just the whole back half of the movie people making wholesome secular decisions.