Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

All these fireworks are scaring my dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Sally posted:

quantum of phallus, save yourself and don't read any more Dune books past the first one!

I've read all six and i don't get how people get mad at the son for writing unnecessary sequels when books 5 and 6 are about the conflict between the Reverend Mothers and the Honored Matres featuring sex god Duncan Idaho 237

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Cubone posted:

ANYWAY, before the last thread was closed we were talking about the best comedy of the last two decades and we all agreed that it's anchorman

It's Walk Hard and it isn't even close

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I will admit I do hope to see the Honored Matres in the movies eventually because those chicks sound hot as hell.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

SilvergunSuperman posted:

gently caress that movie, it made my date so furious she went home early and I had to wait longer to bang her.

Did your date lose a brother in the same way?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Movies are saved.

https://twitter.com/VoltesVLegacy/status/1476931174240899079?t=ogNspTsdjpUtDaGzyXbPSg&s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

PostNouveau posted:

So it's some kind of Power Rangers?

It's a live action Voltes V

Groovelord Neato posted:

Wow how'd those fans afford all those sets and costumes

Voltes V was very popular in the Philippines. Especially after the government banned it for fomenting rebellion.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

PostNouveau posted:

Uh huh, and Voltes V is some kind of Power Rangers?

It's a classic giant robot anime

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

reignofevil posted:

Now lets talk about how lovely The World's End was.

Why would we talk about something that isn't true?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

priznat posted:

I can't even think of anyone who would be a good replacement for Arnie in The Running Man. I don't think it's a good idea remaking any of his signature films, it was such a fine line between action and corniness in all his stuff and no one can do that like Arnie could.

A book-accurate Running Man would be wildly different from the movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

priznat posted:

Yeah and EVERYONE would say "what the gently caress is this poo poo?!?" I think it would have to ape the Arnie one or else it would definitely flop, as opposed to probably flopping. The only alternative would be naming it something else!

Nah. The general public does not have the emotional attachment to The Running Man that you are projecting on them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Tiberius Christ posted:

All the stretching and morphing powers she had must have looked way too goofy in live action

Yeah it would've been awesome. But because Disney hates fun, now we aren't getting live action big hands

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

PostNouveau posted:

Really scraping the D list of comic book heroes now

I like those GotG movies, but we all probably would have been better off without GotG because then maybe the executives would have maintained the idea that loser characters no one cares won't sell movie tickets

Ms. Marvel is the most popular new character Marvel has created in the past like 20 years. Her comic reached a much younger and more diverse demographic than the standard balding men who usually buy Marvel comics.

And now they're shoving her off in a Disney+ show instead of her own movie and also removing her fun powers and giving her CGI bullshit

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/starwars_chars/status/1480265639075799041?t=txToK8URrYqZK7zNUSqQYg&s=19

They got a squad of Joker Stormtroopers?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/RobertPicardo/status/1480311272486752261?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Groovelord Neato posted:

It sucks so much that Prometheus killed his At the Mountains of Madness.

And Blomkamp's Aliens sequel. Prometheus ruined everything.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

poisonpill posted:

Scream good, scary movie bad (never watched them but I’ve seen enough)

NEXT

Naked Gun, all three good
Die Hard, one GOAT, two the exact same (so bad), three okay (better if you are familiar with NYC geography)
Indiana Jones: first GOAT, second under appreciated, third overappreciated but still really really good

The third Naked Gun is significantly less funny than the first two, and is also super transphobic. It's safe to leave it out

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Kingo Ligma posted:

I thought Prometheus STOPPED the Blomkamp prequels though?

Not a prequel, a sequel to Aliens that disregarded Alien 3. And yes, Prometheus stopped it. Which is bad because making Alien 3 non-canonical would be an unmitigated good for the franchise, and Blomkamp Alien probably would've been good.

edit: Covenant, not Prometheus. Either way, Ridley Scott ruined everything

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

priznat posted:

Police Squad rules and has the bonus of no OJ in it to make things complicated :haw:

He hadn't done anything bad yet when he was in those movies, you can't get mad at the movies about it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

LanceHunter posted:

I mean, given Blomkamp's work over the years, are we really sure his Aliens sequels wouldn't be poo poo?

District 9, Elysium, and Chappie were all good. So I'm not sure why you'd be worried about his Aliens movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Was it just because you couldn't understand the accents? I couldn't either but I still liked the movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Is that guy from Kingdom Hearts?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

keep punching joe posted:

Chappie was good.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

kalel posted:

does Europe actually have an Oscars style yearly awards show for each of its countries where people vote on who the best country is? is this first silly thought I had actually real??

Do you know how in G Gundam all the nations of the world have ended war and replaced it with a regular giant robot fighting tournament? Eurovision works the same way.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/MikeOkuda/status/1481289286393679873?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Why didn't anyone tell me that Disney+ just added the best comic book movie ever?

Disney has Tank Girl?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gutcruncher posted:

Why did they just make him hold claw props!?

presumably because the position of his hands would make it obvious that he was holding something

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/SeanRMoorhead/status/1483248890505613312?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Space Kablooey posted:

Jim books a trip for Pam and himself to this orbital space resort, but after a few days, a cosmic radiation beam washes over the station, knocking both of them out for a few days. When Jim comes to, he finds out that he can stretch his limbs like rubber. Sensing that he can't miss this opportunity he catches the next landing module out from the station and back to Earth.

When he comes back to work the next morning, he immediately starts pestering Dwight by tapping him on the shoulder while sitting on the opposite side, taping "Kick me signs" on Dwight's back while facing him, and one time he stretched his neck all the way over the bathroom stall while Dwight was taking a poo poo. And so it continued for a few days until Dwight suddenly burst into flames spontaneously, torching the office, all the paper products in the warehouse, and himself.

Meredith has to be taken to the hospital to treat her burns.

Meanwhile Pam is drinking all the wine from the space station, invisibly. This suits her just fine, she thought.

The Fantastic Four map onto the Always Sunny characters better, imo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/warmloveletter/status/1483553225953394693?t=4dR1WiKSVwTqJn9ZIHBncg&s=19

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

No. 6 posted:

Wes is a good film maker who creates art I cannot stand.

Edit: I also hate Wizard of Oz so I know my opinions are trash for most

Yeah that's just a wrong opinion to have

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

kalel posted:

hello thread. my friend who's really into star wars has finally been broken down by the terribleness of the book of boba Fett and he's having a nerd identity crisis. I'd like to ask the fine posters of the rlm thread how I can support my friend during this difficult transition in his life. thanks in advance

GET HIM INTO GUNDAM

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Gundam cures Star Wars

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

kalel posted:

okay jeez. please don't yell

Hook him with Gundam 0080 or Gundam Thunderbolt, then straight into Mobile Suit Gundam

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The best Coens movie is A Serious Man.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Did Gal Gadot actually kill a child or speak positively about child killing in public or is her being a child killer just an anti-Israel meme or what?

She was an IDF public relations person, so she did speak positively about child killing publicly because that was her job.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Moola posted:

yeah the show has a LOT of references, I think the reason I actually enjoy them is that they are mostly very deep cuts

less "REMEBER X-WINGS!" and more referencing extremely specific things from ancient episodes only turbo nerds will remember, like the Exo-comps for example

Do they reference the fact that Exocomps were from anime?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/starwars_chars/status/1485323966780641284?t=_QXLHYtR275rOEUsWOFZTA&s=19