Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Ah, the first cum cartoon of the new year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Meanwhile, here in Colorado, we've had about an inch of measurable snowfall since last winter. Almost every day we see record breaking high temperatures. We're already on track to have an extreme drought in the summer because we depend on snowmelt for water so much. Oh yeah, and the wildfire that burned down hundreds of homes. A wildfire in the middle of winter.

But yeah, it's cold in Virginia so there's no global warming.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Stantis taking a not unexpected stance on the Dreyfus Affair.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

reveal yourself clay jones

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah I'm sure US businesses are just in tears over not having to comply to safety mandates.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hey wait, I thought we were in the middle of a severe labor shortage. How come they haven't deployed all this amazing automation tech to fill those jobs yet?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The Islamic Shock posted:

the pubic option

definitely the most controversial part of obamacare

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

By popular demand posted:

Some racist horseshit I found while looking for funny comics:

Super racist, yeah, but I'm really loving the idea that bricks are just naturally occurring phenomena.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Luckovich taking the bold stance that drinking your own piss sometimes works.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

KAL

Jack Ohman

God it's going to own so loving hard when liberals 30 years from now are doing this exact same thing for Trump.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I didn't think it was possible to be racist against Germans, but here it is.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Raised By Birds posted:

Al Goodwyn

Good thing no one's doing that.

Mike Lester

Did someone say "woman?" Oh boy! Now's my chance to be transphobic!

Tom Stiglich

Oh gently caress off.

gently caress all of you so loving much, especially that last one. Jesus loving christ.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Like seriously, how the gently caress can anyone look at a drawing of kids with broken bones and black eyes and think "hmm yes this is exactly as bad as wearing a cloth mask". I'm so sick of these god drat snowflakes.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is it really so hard to just say it's bad for one nation to threaten to invade another? Do we really need to make out Ukraine as some perfect bastion of liberty and democracy?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It also really speaks to the toxic conservative worldview of sports, where everyone who's not #1 is a filthy, worthless loser.

And god forbid that kids do sports to have fun.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I have absolutely no idea if Wuerker thinks this is a good thing or a bad thing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

His position is more nuanced than that.

Congratulations, this is the first time anyone in the history of the universe has said this about Branco.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"Hmmm, what do people in Ukraine look like? Do they wear... hats? Does that sound right? Ah gently caress it, I'll just slap the flag and name on some random building."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow it's almost as if just yelling "war is not the answer" is also not the answer. Really makes you think.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pants Donkey posted:

Conservative response to Russia is all over the place. You have war-horny who want to note how weak Biden is and note that Putin never did this during Trump’s term. But wait, Biden is a neoliberal, so he might actually have invade Russian or something ill-advised. So you have another contingent complaining about putting troops in danger for some other countries, which would be fine except it’s mixed in with stupid poo poo like “Biden protecting Ukraine to save his Hunter Biden secrets!”

They really want concrete action from Biden so they can develop proper marching orders to follow. It’d be funny to watch if there weren’t like, a war going on.

Give it a few weeks, they'll eventually coalesce around something extremely stupid but frighteningly effective.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Tsarist Russia: famously not evil

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It occurs to me that there are probably a very large portion of Americans who think that everything was just fine and dandy in Russia before 1917 and the revolution just happened for no reason.

And also that there's a large overlap with Americans who think that Russia is still communist.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pilchenstein posted:

That Lubchansky is great actually.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

kartikeya posted:

That's not what I wrote. I mean, I thought I was pretty clear on how loving stupid those things are.

Also kind of gross to compare people being upset about Ukraine to a bunch of top down chest thumping because France didn't want to help us invade Iraq.

I'm not sure how putting a Ukraine flag emoji in your twitter handle is either of those. But my question stands: ...such as? What is this 'anything' other than, as I said, watch the news and despair about how helpless you are. My point isn't that it's meaningful or helpful, my point is that people want to do something, can't do anything, and so they make performative gestures equivalent to waving a giant foam hand at a football game they're watching on television. My point is that it's easy to mock these folks, but these folks aren't the problem, the problem is we're all this helpless to begin with.

Also Russian forces are currently shelling the largest nuclear power plant in Europe and it's on fire now, so that's cool. This has nothing to do with the above except for the whole "watch the news and despair" thing. Yay. :ukraine:

If you're aware that it's a pointless gesture, it doesn't seem like the comic is directed at you!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Americans are treating a war like a sport for their entertainment. AGC.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Gonna save this for when Payne inevitably does a "WHY GAS SO EXPENSIVE" comic.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

There it is folks, the perfect combo :discourse:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I wish that there were more people who were calling out the immense hypocrisy of western nations' response to the Ukraine invasion who aren't Ted Rall.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Why oh why can't I find any ethical consumption choices?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Dang, you're right Tina, most Americans can't afford an electric car! Maybe the government should massively subsidize them so that they are affordable! Oh, what's that, you just want to drill for more oil. Oh.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/elivalley/status/1503438560434794496

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vib Rib posted:

I was about to say, that snake has Putin eyes.

This is one of the dumbest things I've seen posted in this thread, but also you're right.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This might be one of the most disturbing liberal cartoons I've seen in this thread.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Churchill's role in defeating a fascist dictator, perhaps?

Somehow I don't think they would extend the same comparison to the leader of the country that played a much larger role in defeating the nazis :thunk:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

And don't forget that if you force trans women to compete in men's leagues, you also have to force trans men to compete in women's leagues. Obviously this doesn't matter to the diehard bigots, because their end goal is for trans people to just stop existing, but it's worth pointing out to the people who haven't given it much thought and are swayed by the concern trolling.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

uh yeah what the gently caress is a kid going to be able to buy these days with a few spare coins

like a bite size candy bar? maybe??

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

I just remembered that Stantis set up Hillary Bunny and Obama Bunny to be the villains sabotaging his characters' plucky political campaign, but in the end they didn't need to do anything because his characters were completely incompetent and spent their entire campaign getting doors slammed in their faces and not even bothering to conceal their contempt for the people whose support they were trying to get.

And now it's over, huge sigh of relief as he gets to abandon this pointless plotline in favor of just whining that nobody is doing enough about Putin, no indication about what "enough" would entail

I take everything I said back, PC actually does a great job of reflecting our current political landscape.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

We're a meritocracy, that means that anyone with merit gets to have power. Who decides what counts as merit? The people with power, obviously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well, it is common knowledge that Joe Biden really hindered Thomas's nomination. Definitely don't need to look into this thing about Anita Hill.