Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I thought Asay died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Raised By Birds posted:

Michael Ramirez

The Senate is supposed to change gears and the brakes (a veto) are the president's job.
A three pedals of government cartoon.
Kinda expected that from Peyne tbh

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Be happy that's the case. If the officer pulls his gun you're dead, human shield. Also all he wants is your money so it's probably best to let him have it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
So all you have to do is stay within the lines? I mean it's tedious but seems easy enough.

quote:

Clay Jones

https://abc7chicago.com/cps-chicago-public-schools-news-protest-headquarters/11467163/
Yeah, kids want to go back.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Larryb posted:

From what I've heard the dialogue in that clip is apparently an edit, what did the guy say in the actual scene out of curiosity?

No that's not an edit.
It's in in the beginning of the episode on MLK, Reutrn of the King. Season 1 Episode 9.
Huey is explaining the legacy of MLK before going into the show's premise: MLK wasn't killed, instead put in a coma and wakes up in present day, then 2006.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 17, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Googling it is what people are going to do anyways and I always found this"gaff" to be reasonable advice

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

As someone who buys groceries weekly.... what are they talking about?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Shugojin posted:

decades of Just-In-Time supply chains crumpled the second there was a real problem so there are out of stocks in stores now, but this is the president's fault

sometimes the out of stocks are due to strikes because people are finally going wait one loving second if i'm essential why the gently caress do you pay me like poo poo

But also, they're still there?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Trend Upsilon posted:

Alex DeStasi, Corpse Run

Technically a political cartoon.

As clear as any Ramierz

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Xander77 posted:

Huh. That part is apparently true.

Been a while since I've looked at a cartoon in this thread and was honestly baffled regarding what the gently caress it's even trying to say.

How can we possibly be racist if there was a black president?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Oh my god is it really as dumb as "um, leap year, shitbrains. Obama was still president 5 years and 365 days ago"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

And losing, apparently.
Lol, he's so obsessed with making the democrats shlubs that he included the gut in the cartoon but if you finish the cartoon then the democrat would literally just be standing there, with poor posture kineq holding the sword. Please, artful goon, finish it for him.

Also :sigh: at least they're not stabbing him in the back.
Furthermore, just 995 to go!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pants Donkey posted:

Open the Blood Gaytes

Contrary to popular belief, it appears letting the gay wash over you won't erode a child's mental health. AGC.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
In a sufficently large population you would expect roughly half to be at or below average
And also roughly half would be at or above average.
And also 63% of the population is within the standard error.
So 8 billion humans are probably evenly distributed on the normal curve.
Because that's literally how all those things are defined.
But also good luck with your "intelligence test."

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Cowcaster posted:

pretty sure he's mad at don't look up

He should be, it sucked.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

What the gently caress is BOMF
Also the Buildabergs. Lol.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Raised By Birds posted:

Tom Stiglich

Oh gently caress off.

Hey remember when Tucker Carlson said this and you had to play it off for a cycle like he was just joking? Using satire?
Oh, so now you unironically believe it?
Cool.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

TheFlyingLlama posted:

John Durham is the special council investigating what started the FBI russia probe. Atm he's mostly looking at Michael Sussmann, a lawyer who had connections to the clinton campaign who allegedly exploited internet data gathered at the white house and possibly exaggerated the connections between trump and russia in interviews with law enforcement. Sussmann was charged last year with lying to the FBI.

Durham recently filed something about that case, where basically it says Sussmann's lawyer can't be his lawyer for conflict of interest reasons because one of the lawyers at that firm also represented some of the people who testified in the same case's grand jury.

If you are coming at this from a "gently caress the clintons they're evil" manner, it's a "Clinton ally is about to be charged with espionage proving that trump was illegally spied on and should be made president for it!". The truth is that Sussmann probably lied to everyone involved but that it's very unlikely that anyone is going to jail for anything as serious as espionage and while the case isn't a "nothingburger" it's also not going to change anything.

I dunno, seems pretty sus, man.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

JerikTelorian posted:

Honestly I keep seeing this pop up in these political comics but I can't say I've experienced much changed in prices at the grocery store. Gas yes, and certain other products, but food seems to be pretty consistent?

Because it isn't real :ssh:

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 16, 2022

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

RoboRodent posted:

Silver in the Olympics really shouldn't be framed as a failure.

Second best in the loving world?
Lol. How loving awful to end so poorly.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
They're not links to JPEGS. Stop saying that!
They're hashes of links to jpegs!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Vital signs should be banned instead of probed so they can come back faster

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Raised By Birds posted:

Cisgender heterosexual white Christians, the most oppressed group of them all.

Knowing how to apply your makeup to keep your face clean and professional is an important skill for troops, yeah

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neito posted:

"Kids these days" is a tone, not a description of who's being talked about.

Except the message is that the new stuff is better because the pancake died.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Vib Rib posted:

It's weird how many internet dipshits love transhumanism as a concept but hate trans people. I know there are a lot of obvious reasons for it, like nerds needing people to punch down at, ingroups and ongroups, decades of sexual bigotry, and so on. But it is, on its face, so blatant a betrayal of what they actually believe, if anything.
It's the same with rawling: You want to create a world where someone can do anything they can imagine except change the way they present to the world.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Some see the world as half empty.
I see it half full of piss.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Neito posted:

The dreaded OOOEC (Organization of Olive Oil Exporting Countries) embargo in the 70s ruined italian food for a generation.

Look at this extra virgin.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I'm absolutely loving sick of prickly city

So it's everyone else, check those doors

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Climate change is your term, idiot. Luntz invented it.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Fister Roboto posted:

It occurs to me that there are probably a very large portion of Americans who think that everything was just fine and dandy in Russia before 1917 and the revolution just happened for no reason.

And also that there's a large overlap with Americans who think that Russia is still communist.

What did you think White supremacy meant?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/jmetr22b/status/1499127499732754432?t=727M9rWPdsuMNweoHb6pOw&s=19

Wondering if Eric Allie will actually doing a cartoon about this!

Yes it's in my email, subject "told you so"

Illinois Policy Institute, the last people I saw paying Allie posted:

Former Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan was indicted by a federal grand jury March 2 on racketeering and bribery charges. His 36-year tenure as Speaker was the longest of any state house leader in U.S. history.

The indictment alleges Madigan orchestrated an illegal bribery scheme with utility company Commonwealth Edison in return for influence over favorable legislation in Springfield.

It also accuses him of soliciting business for his private property tax law firm during a project involving state-owned land used for a commercial development.

The southwest side Democrat served as Democratic party chair for over 20 years and was first mentioned in the federal corruption probe in 2020. He resigned as Speaker over a year ago in January 2021. He is 79 and has maintained his innocence.

In 2016, the Illinois Policy Institute launched the documentary, "Madigan: Power. Privilege. Politics.," which exposed Madigan's corruption and the system he'd built, which gave him the power to call the shots in Springfield for decades.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgVP3H122nw

E: lol, that vid which they embedded in the email is 56 minutes long.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Hell yeah! Own those fuckin' libs that exist in your imagination, Lub!
I mean, sure, Tolskoy itself is probably safe because it's not actually published in russia but lol if you don't think this cartoon is accurate
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/bars-liquor-stores-pulling-russian-vodka-shelves-boycott-171835959.html
EA's fifa removed russia from the game

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

quote:

A dollar is still defined in the Constitution as a silver coin containing 371.25 grains of pure silver.
What?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Zelensky is getting your babies killed? AGC...?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Ukraine is a shithole?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

the sex ghost posted:

Don't remember zelenskiy being a 400lb human cube but I haven't been following the news

Talk about paddington!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

Any Day Now is back! :buddy:

Other? So Israel and/or the US are Arab states?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mikl posted:

Excuse me?! :stare:

The first one is in his "My War With Brian" and the second I think is in his book with the sad blowjob.

I didn't know about the murder, but it sounds like the same STDH.jpgs he filled the other two with.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Kinda hosed up of you to say the man telling you he's under duress isn't being funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Mr. Squishy posted:

He's always been incoherent. Or can a meltdown happen over many years?

Chernobyl is meting down to this day.