Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

londonarbuckle posted:

Tom Toles also retired but I wouldn't blame anyone for not noticing or caring.
I liked Tom Toles but I did forget he retired. He retired in 2020 though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Garrison is absolutely setting up cum edits now. It's how he gets more attention.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Really great that countries are planning for the inevitable and rapidly approaching collapse of the US while we do nothing at all about it. Proud to be an American. :patriot:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It is also incomprehensible knowing what Antonio Brown did.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Twelve by Pies posted:

He tends to fly under the radar and get overshadowed by Lester and Ramirez but goddamn it always pisses me off to see Stiglich's incredible racism on display.

Plus this is also a great example of that shining right wing gem, "Liberals are hypocritical this way, which is bad. I am hypocritical in the exact opposite way, which is good."
It's not even hypocritical they're two completely different situations. She was actively breaking into the Capitol, and he was in custody and handcuffed while a cop knelt on him as he begged for his life for 10 minutes until he lost consciousness and died.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Twelve by Pies posted:

It should be noted that it was in the 70s and almost hit 80 degrees a few times for nearly all of December here in Virginia, which as I've said before is completely and utterly unprecedented.

So lol at Payne jumping on the "IF GLOBAL WARMING THEN WHY SNOW" the second the record highs are gone.
It was literally in the 60s and sunny the day before the storm that shut down 95.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Who injured the officer who died in the hospital?
He died with bear spray not of bear spray.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Maybe that particular promo was not aimed at the middle-aged white men in bars demographic. Maybe? Just something to consider.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Ambitious Spider posted:

I know it isn't really supposed to make sense, but if it is a deadly engineered bioweapon for population reduction, shouldn't you be for measures that (well short of the vaccine if you think that's also a weapon) reduce your exposure to it? I'm sure some believe the disease is a hoax and the control is the point, but then it's not a bio weapon and fauci is lying.
:psyduck:
I think covid is fake and the vaccine is the population control bioweapon? The gain-of-function research I guess made an easier to spread harmless flu in order to get people to take the bioweapon and they tortured animals just because.

I don't know. They're loving morons.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

There isn't a "gently caress you" big enough for this.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Gruckles posted:

Yes, they look exactly the same except brown has shorter broader heels, green has sneakers, and their limbs are white and slightly-tinted to match their candy shell instead of being Caucasian human flesh tone. The accompanying write-up talking about "representation" was tailor made to get everyone talking about and making dumb jokes about nothing.

IS THIS EVEN AMERICA ANYMORE

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Heliotrope posted:

Yeah. I believe their son made a cartoon about how great it was that WoW did that thing where a server was ran like the game was in the beginning which is an insult to SJWs...somehow.
I think it was his "Millennial Nephew."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Libertarian Party again?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Kinda chuckled at "BAH-ROCK"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

So I guess if you make a creative work you have to allow anyone to put it on any platform so long as they pay an infinitesimal fee or you are for censorship and against free speech.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jesus Christ, Bok.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Raised By Birds posted:

No one cares about Groundhog Day more than political cartoonists.
Not that it matters, but 17% is not a record low. It was 11% last January, in fact. Record low was 7% in October 2008 for some reason.

It is interesting that the satisfaction rate has only once cracked 40 since it looks like 2005, which is an unprecedented streak.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1669/general-mood-country.aspx

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

INDOC-
TRINA-
TION

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Why are the stripes on the flag green?

Also, just 'what'?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Tibalt posted:

According to YouGov, Curling is the 10th most followed winter sport in America. It's no Ice Hockey or Figure Skating, but it's definitely one of the most popular sports and I don't understand why people are acting like it's this bizarre new fad. It's been an Olympic sport since 1998.
I watched the mixed doubles final today and it was riveting.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I think the vast majority who say the "it's a republic not a democracy" have no idea what it means. Someone on right wing radio said it to justify the Republican winning a presidential election despite not winning the popular vote and they thought it sounded smart and it allows them to believe this is the Right Way as defined by the infallible Founding Fathers and therefore unquestionable. It goes no deeper than that.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Raised By Birds posted:

This is Paynesian levels of BIG STRONG VROOM VROOM versus little wussy smart car.
Those tiny little wheels are kind of adorable.

Edit: Must be part of Biden's radial agenda.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 15, 2022

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Cat Puke posted:

Are the mandates funded now? Is it good or bad if a car is powered by windmill? Are we even using the same language as these people? How much wider can the reality divide grow?
They consume entirely different media than we do, and the media they consume just keeps getting further and further fringe right, and is funded by God only knows who. I don't think there is a way to reverse this or even slow it down. It's going to get much worse.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I like this one.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Pilchenstein posted:

The whole "sinister foreigns only win at the olympics due to super-soldier programs" thing is never not funny to me :allears:
I don't think that is what Danzinger is saying.

Edit: In case you are unaware of the context, the Russian figure skater tested dirty but controversially was allowed to still compete, and was treated horribly by the coach when she failed because the pressure of the media attention got to be too much for the 15-year-old girl to handle. Also from what I've heard this coach has a history of recruiting very young skaters and pushing them so hard they have to retire at 20.

Russia shouldn't have been there at all. What kind of a punishment for having an official blood-doping scheme is it to be barred from competing, but still be allowed to compete?

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 21, 2022

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's all bullshit, but the "good-faith conversations" part is what got to me.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Literally no one is talking about the US invading Ukraine but sure go ahead and argue against it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

VitalSigns posted:

Aw :(

Correct

It's one of the issues with modding by reports I think, sometimes mods are just trying to clear the report queue and don't have time to read all the context around a dozen posts that got reported or whatever

If so it's weird that anyone would report a pretty anodyne post calling Ben Garrison a hypocrite because what, did Tina pay :10bux: for an account?
I was surprised at that probation too, but that's why I kind of like the free use of the 6/12 hour probations by mods because even if it's a mistake it's not that big a deal.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

JerikTelorian posted:

Rall actually has a podcast with Stantis
lol oh my God

https://podcasts.apple.com/id/podcast/dmz-america-with-ted-rall-scott-stantis/id1580768498

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Raised By Birds posted:

I didn't know Trump was such a fan of :doink:
Much like how Obama brought back Arrested Development, it took a Democratic president to bring back Law & Order.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This is an ok joke (for Drunky Duck) but these look like children with adult heads.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's really well-preserved that's very cool!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

GAS PRICES

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Neito posted:

Why.

Why does the postal service need to turn a profit.

Also, part of this massive overhaul is that it's (from what I've read, correct me if I'm wrong) removing the onerous pension funding requirement added in the Bush administration that makes it appear that the postal service isn't profitable, or at least is much more unprofitable than it is.

Also, just let the postal service run a bank like it does in every other country. Not really related to profitability, just a pet peeve.
The reason is because Republicans hate government services and think everything should be privatized so someone is making money on it for the GLORY OF THE FREE MARKET.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 10, 2022

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

kartikeya posted:

Oh gently caress off, Rall. People have been protesting Iraq and Afghanistan for two loving decades, but I suppose it's possible likely you just weren't paying attention.
Hey now Rall spent those decades drawing drones in the corners of his cartoons and who gave him credit for it? No one!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

So Russia is cut off from the world and gas prices have gone way up, so to try to mitigate that Biden’s going to these other places to get oil, but that’s a bad thing to do because what he’s supposed to just make it appear out of thin air or something?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I usually roll my eyes at the "Ted Rall is in the tank for the Russians" stuff but holy poo poo.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Discendo Vox posted:

Buddy he is literally on their payroll. If you want to spend an hour listening to Rall and Stantis, here's an episode of their podcast from the 10th where Rall explains why he draws for Sputnik. Note the present tense.
Oh I know he works for them! I didn't think that necessarily meant he would just toe the line so overtly. I more thought he was pathologically contrarian to the US and someone like that can be useful for a Russia if they want to disrupt the debate in the US (and they do). This goes way beyond that.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Why if this madness continues we'll next be preventing wrongfully fired former LA Times cartoonists from making a living off making propaganda for Russian state media!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

He reached all the way back 35 years for a reference he was using just to say "Biden Bad."