Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Captain Baal posted:

I was hoping the gunhead guy was the protag but I might still watch/read it, the second op's kind of a banger

I don’t know what the poster is talking about because the story follows Juzo way more than it does the boy. Especially in the second half. Tetsuro is a huge part of the story so definitely go in thinking that it’s more of a ensemble piece because there’s 3 characters that will generally get a bunch of focus but if you’re looking for “Gunhead man fights a bunch of things” you won’t be disappointed.

No Guns Life is good Sci-Fi where it plays around with a bunch of interesting questions about what it means to integrate with technology so much and I love the naming conventions the author uses (For example the supermax prison being called Wunder Bender, Spitzbergen the terrorist group) and the anime uses the Unreal engine for its backgrounds to give a cool gritty look to things that I think really works.

I was pleasantly surprised. It’s a great show, and people should give it a go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

dogsicle posted:

Anime World Order - don't care for one of the hosts (Daryl) but it usually isn't an issue to the eps themselves. older hosts means the anime selections often skew older, episode releases seem pretty sporadic. i can at least wholeheartedly recommend any episode where they play trivia games though, those are fun to join along with.

Lol, this is the polar opposite take for me because I find Daryl the most entertaining. Clarissa and Gerald contribute some good discussion but I like how animated Daryl gets and it shows his passion for things he likes and dislikes. I can see why people might be put off by him but he combines that with a nice knowledge of things so he usually has something interesting to say.

Even though they mostly do older stuff it’s well worth checking out. They just put out an episode about Locke the Superman and it’s great stuff.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Jeffery will claim site is broke and we find out he’s been funnelling all the profits towards his favourite Vtuber and all hell breaks loose.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I figured this is what would happen with the Funi/CR merger. CR as a name is way to big to give up and so rolling Funi into it made more sense. The Funimation name will live on as the BD/DVD arm of things.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Tales of Woe posted:

seems like the inevitable outcome is crunchy+funi starting to shrug off some of the niche genre stuff, and now you suddenly need hidive if you want to watch new slice-of-life or mecha shows or whatever crunchy doesn't care about.

Content is king and Netflix and HIDIVE still exist so CR will definitely try and snap up everything they can. They won’t get really niche stuff, but they never did to begin with. HIDIVE always felt like it was grabbing crumbs that CR and Funi didn’t want.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I see the Lupin thing as a small flex on HIDIVE/Sentai’s part. Big enough that fans like it, not big enough that CR would care to get into a bidding war. While hidive isn’t the same company as Sentai it’s plainly obvious they’re incredibly connected and anything Sentai licenses ends up there. Sentai just recently got bought by AMC (the TV channel, not the movie chain) and this was probably a case of being able to throw some money at something they thought would appeal to their audience.

Sentai/Hidive does try to appeal to the older crowd a bit more as they actually licensed stuff like Legend of the Galatic Heroes, Votoms, Xabungle, etc. So that license is something that honestly makes a bit more sense for them and I think CR was perfectly fine seeing it walk away because it didn’t appeal to the crowd they want.

Now if hidive somehow manages to license a huge popular Shonen title in the future? That I will be surprised about.

I’m really curious what Discotek has planned because they seemed to have an agreement to publish some CR titles on Blu-Ray. With CR now having access to a gigantic BD/DVD publishing arm and not tied to a name where they’re known for almost always doing dubs, I’d wonder if we’ll see something like “A Place Further Than the Universe” and “Laid Back Camp” come out as sub only CR branded BD/DVD releases.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Larryb posted:

Doesn’t CR have a few Lupin shows themselves though (or I think they used to at least, not sure if they’re still there)?

Yeah. CR got a bunch of Lupin stuff, but I think it was more a handshake deal with Discotek as Discotek doesn’t have a streaming arm. Discotek released stuff like Konosuba for CR so I wouldn’t doubt there was some deals happening where stuff Discotek wanted ends up on CR to help with exposure. Now that Funi and CR are together and CR has their own BD/DVD brand to push? I don’t think we’ll see Discotek stuff hit CR as much anymore and I’d expect we see their stuff either expand to perhaps work with HIDIVE more, or they work closer together with RetroCrush which seems to be doing fairly well (though I wish they’d get a PlayStation app already).

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Larryb posted:

So out of curiosity then, why did 6 get dropped onto HIDIVE instead of Crunchyroll?

And speaking of HIDIVE, are there any plans to put the rest of Lupin on there eventually as well (or doing a dub for Part 6 for that matter)?

Because Sentai Filmworks licensed the new Lupin show. Usually Discotek picks up Lupin stuff. Since Sentai Filmworks only uses Hidive for that stuff, that’s where part 6 now airs. The previous stuff won’t show up there unless Sentai licenses any of the older stuff, which won’t happen unless Discotek loses those licenses.

There will be a dub for part 6, but Sentai generally doesn’t do simuldubs, so it won’t happen until they put out a BD/DVD release.

Kingtheninja posted:

Maybe I'm the last to know but God drat, discotek does amazing work. I'm loving every second of this ronin warriors set, they cleaned it up so well.

I follow Justin Sevakis on Twitter and he does the bulk of Discotek’s discs. I don’t know if he did Ronin Warriors, but you can tell he is crazy about trying to get the best image available for the stuff he works on. If Discotek works with other BD/DVD authors who are just as serious with their work, it’s no surprise they have some of the best looking releases.

The Black Stones fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 2, 2022

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Larryb posted:

So is the current dub of Part 1 also on HIDIVE or is that on Crunchyroll (also has that particular Lupin season ever been dubbed before or is this the first time)?

I didn’t even realize the first season was getting a dub! Looking at it, looks like Discotek teamed up with Hidive for that one. It’s the first time it’s ever been dubbed I believe.

So I guess that answers my question on what happens with Discotek stuff, might see them start working with Hidive more now.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I watch something from my collection when I go for a run on my treadmill and right now I’m re-watching Crest/Banner of the Stars and man this stuff is so good. I love this kind of Sci-Fi where the characters are like “hey were in a spaceship and only got hit by a tiny bit of a space mine and now we’re all sorts of messed up” because it just adds that much more tension to the battles. I can’t wait for the paperback collections to get beyond the anime material.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Raenir Salazar posted:

Oh yeah I remember that one, never got to finish it though. If you're interested in something similar there's also "Starship Operators" especially if you happened to have liked The Expanse.

Yeah I’ve seen Starship Operators as well and it’s really good! I dislike the plucky teen aspect of it, but the battles are cool as heck.

Larry Parrish posted:

this sounds ftw because I really loved planetes lol.

If you like Sci-Fi where they spout very technical sounding terms, sit around discussing Sci-Fi concepts (usually what it means to be genetically altered vs. Someone who isn’t) and the occasional cool space battle it is very good and worth watching.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I didn’t watch the newest season of Demon Slayer cause I had seen the movie and them going “yeah we’re showing the movie again but in episode form now” killed my drive to watch it and I forgot to start when the Entertainment arc started. If I’ve seen the movie can I just jump right into the new arc or does the TV cut change anything that I need to watch like the last episode or two of the Mugen Train stuff?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
When I’m on my Treadmill I usually watch 2 episodes of a show and to make sure it lasts a full 45 minutes I let the OP run twice or will watch both OP and ED once.

Currently watching Toradora again and boy are the first OP and ED really good. I can’t remember the 2nd version so I’ll be interested to see those.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Furnaceface posted:

I demand more Konosuba.

Your demands have been heard and they capitulated.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I buy blu-rays because I don’t have to worry about internet issues, and I’ve found that they’re usually better about small things like subtitles. When multiple people speak the subtitles can sometimes get confusing or misplaced and when the BR comes out all those small issues have been fixed. You’ll sometimes see it as well where animation fixes have been done for a show for a BR release that the streaming version never updates to. When I run on my treadmill it’s way easier to pop in a disc and hit a button on a remote then deal with a controller or streaming service as well.

Physical media still has its place. I will never stop buying physical media because I prefer to have something I have access to. I like looking at my collection deciding what I want to watch and I don’t get the same curiosity browsing a digital name list. They make the product try to stand out. Digital only is fine if that’s what you want, but I think going “ah yes. I await the death of physical media” is a real bad thing because it’s just putting more power in corporations hands and that is not good.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I watched “Everything Everywhere All At Once” in the theatres and it’s really, really good. It’s not anime but please go watch it.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

There is no greater insult than telling someone they should be mod

That’s pretty profound. You should be a mod.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Trolling Thunder posted:

Hey everyone, hope all is well.

I've been asked if there are full-length anime films that were initially produced in English (i.e., weren't later dubbed into English). I don't know much about anime, so I could use some help. Does anyone have any ideas on examples/titles?

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Did they have to run in theatres? Mass Effect: Paragon Lost would count I’d think.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I finished my rewatch of My-Hime, and honestly? It wasn't bad. I liked it for the most part in the end. I really liked how the rug gets pulled out from the characters where they go "Ok yeah, we're teaming up and going to fight the monsters!" and then immediately get told "oh by the way, no more monsters. Now you have to fight each other and it kills off whoever you're closest to the most." Which really made things interesting. The big problem with the series is that is just got too dumb for its own good at times (Everything with Shiho, and the Nun) and them going "Oh yeah the only person to outright admit she's a lesbian and act on those feelings is a predator" which is...well, not a very great portrayal. The action scenes were pretty neat and I really liked all the different Childs that the girls had. My biggest complaint really was at the very end where everyone just comes back to life because Miyu did something. What did she do? Well, she did something. We won't explain it, but it sure did make stuff happen! I still really like a lot of the character designs and I think the concept was a really good idea. They just needed a lot better of a writer to handle it. My-Hime ultimately isn't a bad series, but it's never great. It borders on good at best. It's an entertaining watch if you're bored, but there's much much better works out there. I really am interested to re-watch My-Otome now and see just how worse the series got.

Well, I take one thing back. I said the series never great but it is in one regards. The soundtrack is super good. Music absolutely carried that show.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

The Colonel posted:

i will also admit my view on shiznat is slightly influenced by the fact that the show makes the insane choice of positioning wacky kendo guy as, the potential straight option for natsuki, via repetitive accidental sexual harassment jokes.

Nah. The dude solely exists to be a story point for Tate’s previous issues. The whole “he finds Natsuki in embarrassing positions” thing is just a gag and I think the show is pretty good about being upfront that they’re not going to have any sort of relationship. Natsuki is never, ever interested in him and even by being repulsed by what Shizuru has done to her, she shows Shizuru more affection because she quickly realizes she does care for her and shouldn’t have pushed her away. I’ll credit the show that it pretty much never actually considers Natsuki and the kendo guy a pair, and just a vehicle for fanservice jokes.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I didn’t say you had to look at the jokes more positively. It’s totally us to personal preference whether or not the jokes land. The jokes are decades old “whoops I saw someone’s boobs/naughty bits gags” that are probably hilarious for someone at 15, not so much for adults. My point is, is that those gags are strictly that, gags. There’s all of a couple lines about “hey this guy likes you” to which Natsuki denies not caring about him at all, and the show points towards that well, being the case. The “they can’t have a scene without him barging in” is bunk. I literally just watched the show and they have a bunch of scenes together without him in it. Some of the scenes where he does come in are at the very last minute to give Natsuki a story reason for making a quick exit with Shizuru. The entire “oh he likes you, you two are good for each other” that everyone else does is the show trying to throw a smokescreen about Shizuru’s true intentions, which probably works for the target audience, but not so much when you have any kind of media literacy.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I’d love to see Pompo but I live a good 3 hours away from a theatre showing it. Curse of living in the middle of nowhere.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Last Celebration posted:

March Comes Like A Lion is supposed to be pretty good, right? Netflix told me they’re losing it soon and it’s only two seasons so I’m thinking I should watch it unless the anime version of the series is bad?

The anime is amazing and incredibly well done. My only complaint is that there is not more.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

homeless snail posted:

no but the episode of crest of the stars where they crash land on the planet that's racist against space elves and lafiel has to dye her hair and hide her pointy ears, and spends most of the arc sitting in her hotel grumpily reading magazines, i'm willing to concede might be an isekai

The planet isn’t racist against the Abh. The United Empire of Mankind took over the planet and they were the racist ones who want to kill Abh, so she has to hide her hair so they don’t get found out from the military. Give the people native to that planet some credit because all of those people help Lafier and Jinto out.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Saagonsa posted:

Since its second season just recently came out I decided to watch all of Ghost in the Shell SAC 2045, and honestly I thought it was actually kinda good. Honestly my biggest complaint with it is that there's a grand total of 1 standalone episode in the whole series, and they were some of my favorite parts of the original SAC. The overall story was pretty good and ended in an extremely gits way, which I like. Still think that the original SAC was overall better, but I am genuinely surprised at how much I don't hate 2045.

Even the full CG animation isn't really that bad after the first couple of episodes. Didn't mind it at all by the end, and I think it actually kinda works well for some of the things they were doing.

I’m watching the second part right now and the story is insanely good. It’s a lot of theorizing about things and hacking is going on and there’s cool fights. It’s legit great. Except the CGI is dogshit. Like, you will get used to it, sure. But it’s still putting your face next to a bare rear end, getting a face full of fart and eventually going “well it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.” As it is the show really isn’t getting noticed by anime fans and I’m only imagining if this had been traditionally animated that it would have been huge because there’s some really really cool poo poo that has been happening and it’s a shame that Netflix couldn’t flex its muscles and pay for a great 2D GitS but looked how lovely 3DCG does for them and said “more of this please.”

I was super pleased with how something in the new season tied into what was a stand alone episode in the first season.

SAC 2045 is extremely good and Kamiyama still knows how to put together a good story. Too bad he’s married to lovely animation now.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Coxswain Balls posted:

Is the English dub of SAC_2045 out at release this time instead of being delayed a couple months like the first season? I'm glad people are beginning to see that it's a good show that's more than its first couple of episodes in the USA.

Yeah. The Dub is fully out and the dub cast is just as good as ever. It really makes the show.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Mister Facetious posted:

So they moved Super Cub to Crunchyroll and uh, the subtitles are coming a full 2 seconds after the dialogue.

Send their support a message? I don’t think that would be too hard to fix. Just a timing issue.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Vermain posted:

He'd previously worked solely on slice-of-life light comedies and had no experience working with 3D and all its intricacies. 3D2D is a hard style to get right as it is, and it's easy to get carried away with everything you can do with 3D software and end up with something that looks loving dreadful.

Not quite true because the Director had done other things before. He’s mainly known for Teekyu yeah, but did you also know he directed Basquash for example? I didn’t even realize that.

A podcast I listen to was recently talking about Shin Itagaki because he worked on Basquash (the subject of the episode) and one thing I learned is that he was kicked off of Basquash because he apparently had a “we’re doing things the way I want to do them, other input be damned” and things the scenario writer was creating either was cut out, or full on changed to be something else. So when Itagaki was promptly canned (around halfway through the series but his name was on the credits until late) they had to spend a ton of time figuring out how to salvage the story because it didn’t resemble what the original was anymore. This approach did not translate well into 3DCG where everyone had to be on the same page. Now this is all taken from interviews someone from blogs translated on the net, so some of the info may be iffy, but if you look at his body of work as a whole. It really makes sense.

Shin Itagaki sucks as a director. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. He can’t manage projects and it’s clear his influence leads to problems. He got poo poo-canned for Basquash, Berserk ended up poo poo, Cop Craft had absolute meltdowns in episodes in regards to animation and even just framing, and from what I heard the Spider show suffered from various breakdowns as well. It’s clear Itagaki can’t direct and he’s best suited to be an assistant or something.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Tales of Woe posted:

refuse to believe a bad director could make teekyuu or ben-to

I mean, he’s like the sole animator and director. So pretty hard to get into creative conflicts there.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Harukana Receive really isn’t like Keijo. The only thing that’s similar is they play the sport in swimsuits. Harukana Receive is about beach volleyball and plays it fairly straight and focuses seriously on the sport. There’s no secret super moves or anything. There’s fanservice due to the nature of the sport and you’ll get some jokes to accompany it, but it manages to actually be fairly tasteful about everything. It’s worth a watch if you like sports shows because it’s really good, but if you’re looking for someone to break out some sort of secret spike move where the ball flies a million miles an hour it’s not there.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Larry Parrish posted:

The big companies don't have to do anything about physical ownership (except console makers, who mostly get their cut nowadays out of having to subscribe for only features, so the resale market doesn't hurt them as much, and also making digital purchase as convenient as possible). Cuz they're still printing physical discs on the shittiest presses possible, they're not going to last much longer than VHS tapes would. Hell I already have some old DVDs from when I was a kid that are peeling apart. My dad doesn't have any of his original CDs from the early 90s anymore, partially because they always slowly get scratched up when you actually use discs but some of them were warped before we tossed them lol. A file on a hard disk is straight up going to last longer, and if you pay above the normal rate for a tv show or movie on disc like loving Aniplex wants, you're objectively a sucker.

While DVD rot is definitely a thing, a part of it is also proper storage. I have DVD’s I bought when I was 18 that are almost 20 years old now and work just fine. They might not play (or be obsolete) later on but if you’re storing them in areas where the temperature fluctuates wildly, or it gets incredibly humid that will greatly increase the chance of your discs going to poo poo. I’ve pretty much had my discs in basement rooms my entire life where I live where it’s always fairly cool and they play just fine.

Also, a file on a hard drive actually would last less longer in the earlier days unless you had backups. With SSD drives this isn’t as true anymore, but guess what old hard drives used to store information? Discs. I worked selling computers for a while and it pretty much wasn’t a question if those hard drives would fail, it was when, as they pretty much had a shelf life from being used to much.

Digital is great! It definitely offers a lot of conveniences over physical media and it is definitely worth creating lots of online backups for longterm preservation of things. However, it really bugs me when people act like digital storage of things does not come with its own set of limitations and downsides just like physical media does.

As far as people being suckers for buying Aniplex stuff, one of the best ways to support the anime company that made the show, is to purchase the discs. That is where they are going to get a cut of the profits. “Buy the merch if you wanna support them.” lol then you don’t know how anime production works. The anime company, unless they were in the production company and the show was an original production on their end, will not see a dime of that poo poo. If you buy Jujutsu Kaisen merch, Shueisha (and others on the production company) is getting all that money because they are the ones that own the property and paid for the show to be made. The simple fact is, if you really really like the show and want the people who made the show to get kickbacks, you need to buy the show.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Lurking Haro posted:

While HDDs are subject to mechanical wear, they aren't the same kind of discs as optical media. They are made out of glass and store data magnetically in a hermetically sealed case. They hold up much better than plastic discs stuck together with adhesive and the reflective coating right beneath the label. An unplugged HDD will last a looooong time. SATA being replaced is of higher concern.
As with any backup, don't keep a single copy in one location, spread copies around.

Yeah, there’s more nuance to what I posted but the general point was still “yes digital is great but it’s not the be all end all solution”

This actually makes me curious about Blu-Ray discs because I know they’ve been made differently from DVD where they’re harder to scratch but I haven’t heard how they’ll last long term. Gonna go look into it.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Furnaceface posted:

My brother wants to buy me a game for my birthday from the Steam sale. He knows I like JRPGs and SRPGs and the occasional VN so he asked if I wanted the Utawarerumono trilogy. Problem is that I dont know anything about it other than I have heard of it.

Is it a good series or is it one of those "good at the time of release, pretty dated now" things? I know it also has an anime adaptation. Basically I dont want him to get me a game I wont play more than a few hours of like the last 2 he got me as birthday gifts (Skyrim and Fallout 4).

If you like SRPG’s and VN’s Utawarerumono is excellent. It has some pretty good tactical fights. The main story fights I don’t think ever get too challenging but if you do the optional fights you’ll get a decent challenge, and it has a really good story as well.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I prefer the SJ reader to the manga plus one, the SJ survey sounds like they’re planning on expanding. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re going to start to drift a bit from what Manga Plus offers. Viz has a huge chunk of Shojo manga on their hands and they asked about adding it in, so I could see them leveraging that to expand their reader base.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

dogsicle posted:

i thought they were trying to say kodomo no jikan or boku no pico or something, like the old days

I honestly thought it was Strike Witches and I was racking my brain trying to figure out what the heck was going on until I realized it was about Vtubers.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Everything Burrito posted:

Instead of watching anime I've been watching Stranger on netflix and it's pretty great and I'm going to go watch more of it now

Stranger is great. The first season sets up an insanely good mystery and it’s a ride the whole way down. All the reveals kept me on the edge of my seat.

Season 2 I’m not as big on at the moment. The inciting incident isn’t that compelling and it still seems like it’s spinning it’s wheels at trying to find the grand conspiracy/problem that’s forcing the characters to clash with each other. It’s still good, but it’s definitely missing what made season 1 so good.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Shinjobi posted:

So I remember watching the anime adaptation of Utawarerumono when it came over 100 years ago--are all the shows that came after direct sequels or some sort of reboot?

I doubt I'll pick em up, but I'm curious if it's been the same story all this time.

The first season is an adaptation of the first game.

The next two series (with one currently airing) are adaptations of the next two games which take place a while after the first game has happened. They have characters that are from the first game but they aren’t central to the plot. You can definitely watch the next series without having watched the first but you’ll lose out on a bunch of callbacks and a little bit of plot here and there. You absolutely cannot start with the currently airing season because it’s a direct sequel to the second season.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Motto posted:

the uta games also all have alright (1's remake by NISA) to great (2/3 by Atlus) official localizations now so I'd recommend just playing those if you have any interest in the sequels. I haven't watched them in full, but the anime for 2 and likely 3 are generally agreed to have some fun bits of animation and moments but aren't as solid as the old anime as adaptations.

Well, the sequels are also like, 40-60 hour games depending on how much you want to do, so keep that in mind too. If you’re just want to get the story the anime will definitely be less time involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
Please keep ADTRW open so I can lurk a lot and post intermittently about what I’m watching that nobody cares about.

I’m watching Haikyu again while I go on the treadmill. It’s such a good show, but I do dislike the episodes where they’re clearly up against a jobber team and the show wants to make you care about them. “We didn’t practice much, and we came close to giving up, but then we decided to not give up and still got obliterated.” Nobody cares enough for that to get a 5 minute flash back! Use that time to build up Date Tech or Aoba Johsai!

———

Edit: someone in here was also watching Stranger. Season 2 really picked up around episode 7 or 8 when Seo gets kidnapped and it’s been on high gear ever since. It took a while but Season 2 is really good now and I can’t wait to see what happens next.