Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

That's a paddlin'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Obviously the spice is whatever's most profitable at the next town.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kild posted:

Touch Grace in the hit game Elden Ring.

Touch Grass?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Sure are showing a lot of shows that Crunchy already had in their video advertising that they now have Funi.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Rand Brittain posted:

Been using the VRV app for Android TV ever since the days when it had Funimation and Boomerang and wasn't just "Crunchyroll and lol also Rooster Teeth I guess."

Is the Crunchyroll app better or should I stick with VRV?

Both suck.

Of course, Funi also sucks.

VRV seems more stable? But it's been forever since I tried the Crunchy app at all, and VRV is filled with bullshit on top of Crunchy that probably isn't what you're there for, so barring just searching for exactly what you want, it's kind of a hindrance for finding things.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ibblebibble posted:

Chaoses punched so far: 0

I'm disappointed and angry about that

It'll be fine, just play Limp Bizkit on your phone.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

NikkolasKing posted:

What was this name of a mecha anime from maybe around 20 years ago that was pretty popular, the love story is talked about a lot, and it had a very unpopular sequel a few years back?

I heard it talked about a lot when I got into Gundam and people suggested it as another mecha anime to look into but I never did.

*Dies in "20 years ago isn't what you think it is"*

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

AnoHito posted:

It’s simple, you watch the op once at the start of the series, and the ed once at the end of the series.

What if it's one of those anime that don't have the OP in the first episode?

Or the ED in the last?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Is someone making GBS threads on Best Mecha Show Megas XLR in this thread? :black101:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Clarste posted:

I originally had the name as Lloyd Folger until the company told me to knock it off. Although apparently a 'loid' is a way of opening locked doors and 'forger' can obviously refer to the fact that he's forged all his documents. So I've come around to the idea that his name is supposed to be Lockpick McFakename.

The best part of waking up is Lloyd Folger spying through your cup

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Colonel posted:

also will never get over the deuteragonist of l-gaim being a woman named Full Flat

And her old flame, Amandra Kamandra.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Colonel posted:

this has definitely done a good job of convincing me why nobody on earth wants to be an adtrw mod

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Namtab posted:

ok, thanks for sharing. who's pomu rainpuff?

You are pomu.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Varinn posted:

𝜈tubers only from here on out

they gotta have funnels

Vin Vunnels

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Waffleman_ posted:

how can you forget BOKUTACHI WAAAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKt8_o1a9Cw

Secret of the Divine Jewel feels in multiple ways kinda like a spiritual successor to Secret of the Cursed Mask, which is the PS2 RPG I mentioned earlier. That one's also pretty fanfiction and it's also not good but it's like just competent enough that it's not a pain in the rear end to get through. I've never gotten too deep into Divine Jewel but I've always intended to since Cursed Mask is pretty dear to my heart.

I see your BOKUTACHI WAAAA

And raise you...

Another BOKUTACHI WAAAAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH_ZMA37TpQ

From like a few years later.

(From a lame series, granted)

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

NikkolasKing posted:

Isn't 3 episodes 25% of Madoka? I have seen anime fans rave about it for years and I thought about checking it out but then I found out it isn't even a 26 episode anime. How do you do anything of note in 12 or 13 episodes? Most anime I watch, that's the beginning arc which is always the weakest part, but here it's the beginning, middle, and end of a whole, apparently quite compelling story.

I would like to introduce you to my good friend Planet With, anime of 12 episodes covering as much ground as at least double that, but still remaining good and comprehensible.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Remember folks, "trope" spelled backwards is not a word.

Troper, however, is report! :eng101:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Plus is okay.

Also it has Information High.

Seven's okay but also don't watch a 50 episode anime that's only vaguely related as prep to watch some movies lol

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Now put Zoids in a non-gacha SRW.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

AlternateNu posted:

The seminal issue with KLK. Not just the meme of Ryuko losing her way a half dozen times but just the entire back half just failed to deliver on 90% of the poo poo the first half set up (whether intended or not).

The only thread they tie up sufficiently for my tastes is the Mako/Gamagouri relationship.

Actually the real issue is that the non "DON'T LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" parts of Don't Lose Your Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay is bad rapping.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Waffleman_ posted:

So Crunchyroll has announced the dub cast for Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero and it has Super Mario!

https://twitter.com/dragonballsuper/status/1536732734307061763?s=20&t=nGveEiilGmT6t6SJy8ZbEA

... I feel like this is the first time I've seen Martinet do something other than Mario.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Clarste posted:

Isn't he literally a vegetable or something?

They're called Plants, but I think it's supposed to be more in the vein of power plant instead of growing plants. They're some form of energy being or something. They produce power and non-humanoid ones live in giant light bulb things.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 18, 2022

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Tales of Woe posted:

im usually an anime > manga person but i still have a hard time believing they can pull that one off

Have hope.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I'll allow the CSM anime to be bad in exchange for a good Fire Punch adaptation. :smugmrgw:

Hm.

Nah.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Buffis posted:

Weird meme.
12 years passed between Trigun airing and S1 of P&S airing. So same amount of time as between P&S and now.

So what you're saying is that Trigun is P&S season 0, and everything in the image is collectively P&S2, thus continuing the 12 year cycle.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
If you want cool spidermechs just watch 86.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Pootybutt posted:

Akito's spidermechs kinda kick the poo poo out of 86's, ngl, I'm watchin it rn

Yes, but 86 has, yknow, things other than that. So you can get the spidermechs and an actually good anime.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Booky posted:

i only played like, 60% of srw j but seed seemed Fine in that, lotta melodrama like the kid who liked the piano

SRW has a strong tendency to fix bad things in series. It has what's basically considered the actual version of Seed Destiny in SRW Z

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I know Lowe and Gai are from Astray but I thought there was a couple of other Seed spinoffs in there as well. Or maybe Astray is just bigger than I thought.

It's usually pretty easy with SRW to see where the seams are in the crossovers and in edits to the story and I think it's an interesting exercise to think through. But I can't really tell where the separation is and when it's combining spinoffs of series I don't know very well in the first place.

There's Astray, Astray R, and X Astray.

Yes, Really.

There's even more with Destiny.

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED MSV ASTRAY (promotional OVA)
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray R
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray B
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED X Astray
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Astray
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Frame Astray
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73 Δ ASTRAY
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED VS Astray
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED ASTRAY Princess of the Sky
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray MSV
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Astray R
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny Astray B

Look at this poo poo!

I think the only non-Astray side material in Seed is Stargazer and the new Eclipse thing.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 8, 2022

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Tekkaman Blade not only getting a TV Dub/edit but a pretty faithful one for the time still strikes me as one of the more odder choices (Not that it didn't rock but still felt weird)

SPACE LANCE!

SPACE LARIAT!

GOT TO GET THIS GIANT ARM OFF ME! IT'S SO HEAVY! MAYBE THE SPACE LANCE...!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

symbolic posted:

the generational divide can be separated easily with the question "was Pokemon your first anime?"

What if Digimon was my first anime :cool:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Mazed posted:

That Pokemon episode is so frickin good on a rewatch. It's like the kindest, kid-friendliest way of saying sometimes the "hero" loses, and not just loses, but loses in an unexpectedly humiliating way (Pikachu gets his rear end kicked not by some badass legendary or whatever, but by a fuckin Bellsprout). But no one's traumatized, there's no great tragedy, just poo poo happens and the important thing was always the journey.

It may have said that at the time, but in the long run it was pretty much just the start of Ash being kind of pathetic and never winning.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

verbal enema posted:

Tronbone is p good too actually

???

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jul 11, 2022

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Larryb posted:

Probably because Go Lion is actually an incredibly violent series in its uncut form (the whole show is available subbed on Crunchyroll last I checked and is pretty good for the most part)

Speaking of, didn’t they try to do a second season to the original Voltron by cannibalizing an unrelated mecha series created by the same studio (Dairugger or something like that, I tried watching the original series it was based on once but found it kind of boring to be honest and there were way too many characters to keep track of)?

Rather than try to, they did so. What they tried to do was make a third season based on Lightspeed Electroid Albegas.

But people really liked Lion Voltron so they just made more Lion Voltron instead.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nyoro posted:

well from what I understand Jeff doesn't care, is the thing. I would imagine also that ADTRW is the least of his cares, probably

It's not like this is a problem unique to ADTRW.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

marumaru posted:

another clueless marumaru question: are the people complaining about ADTRW modding actually ADTRW posters or concern trolls? i dont think i want to trudge through 900 pages of QCS posts to find out

Search deep within your heart, remembering that this is, in fact, SA.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

ImpAtom posted:

The problem there is that there is a group of people who are convinced that SA is run by a secret group of pedophile-enabled monsters and anonymous mods would just make them froth even harder. (Why people continue to post on the site they are convinced is run by pedophiles is entirely beyond me.)

To shitpost about a site run by pedophiles. It's not like they have any stake in it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

mycophobia posted:

watching anime in an unmaximized browser window like a psycho. no one can stop me.

Mods?!?!

... wait.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nyoro posted:

i was so disappointed by my chocolate cornet experience

i didnt really like either side

maybe it was just a badly done one

The secret is that chocolate cornets

Aren't actually good.

Adbot