Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
finished s1 of jojo's and joseph being voiced by gintoki is just a perfect casting choice. i hope future jojos are as cool as joseph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Kild posted:

I like jonathan the most. like ep 1 of part 2 made me hoot n holler for that boy

i thought joseph was like 100 times cooler than jonathan. but joseph is also the part 2 guy, so we might actually be in agreement (i also hooted and hollered from the first episode and could watch joseph own superhumans with sick knot tricks forever)

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

surf rock posted:

Also, I'm thinking about watching The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya since that's so heavily referenced by this show, and I remember it being a big sensation at the time. Was it actually good, though?

it's incredible. important: make sure you watch in broadcast order

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
if you end up liking haruhi a lot, i think it's interesting to rewatch the episodes that happen chronologically after episode 24 (by your numbering) before you watch the movie. live alive really highlights haruhi's growth as a person (and it's refreshing to see haruhi at her best after you see haruhi at her worst in s2), someday in the rain is a really nice tonal and thematic companion piece to the movie, and it should be pretty obvious why you might want to revisit adventures of mikuru asahina. also all of those episodes are amazing anyways.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
creating a highly experimental sawako order for k-on that places the episode where she reunites with the death devils last.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

surf rock posted:

Oh god I'm so confused

When you say "season 1" are you saying:

A.) Whatever Funimation is calling season 1
B.) The first set of episodes in my post you quoted (season 2/episode 25 through season 1/episode 6)
C.) Something else?

If it's B, then yes, my plan is to watch that first set in the listed order, and then presumably stop at that point if I'm not loving the series since it sounds like the second set of episodes (season 1/episode 8 through season 2/episode 24) aren't as well-liked overall.

the episode order you posted earlier was the good one.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i watched all 8 one evening while drinking beers and cried from the catharsis at the end. it's so good

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the tragedy of mikuru getting beaned in the face by a beach ball

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
fujiko mine's lie is a gorgeous movie. i hope koike gets to make more anime someday

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Srice posted:

I have faith he will get to finish his series of Lupin movies some day.

:hai: as long as he makes a rebecca rossellini movie to go with the lupin and zenigata ones

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
there's a lot more hitler than i expected in beautiful dreamer.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
haruhi granted kyon the ability to see all the exciting stuff she can never experience, because she loves him. begone haruhi heretics

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdowdyeCeYg

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
ooh ooh ooh oohhhh

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
you missed that some twisted sickos like mio more than mugi

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

symbolic posted:

gonna cry?

yes, but i'm coincidentally thinking about the graduation episode of k-on!!

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the opening shots of the jjk movie are powerlines + shinji's va apologizing, therefore it's actually an unofficial evangelion sequel.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

hype

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

kater posted:

I’m going to watch more than the first episode of wonder egg now.

it's cool, even though the end is possibly the worst ending to anything ever. i guess the 30 seconds of ai karaoke is good

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i've been thinking about this for a while, and after a lot of deliberation i've determined that Sodachi Oikura's interrogation room dining room wins the Best Monogatari Room award. congratulations Sodachi Oikura's room

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Arc Hammer posted:

It's like someone watched the Namek arc and took offense to Frieza's 5 minutes remark, so they decided to set a ten hour time limit until the human sorting would begin, then decided they would tell the story in ten hours real-time.

lucky for you the entire arc is about recontextualizing famous moments in dragon ball z history

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
after watching 3/4s of tokyo revengers because a friend told me to, i have concluded that the super cub girls are a better biker gang than the tokyo manji gang

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i'm just glad they made space for the tycho episode. nono repurposing tycho's earrings into a snowman at the end is my favorite part of diebuster.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Srice posted:

Very well, I'll cherry pick the whole thing. A huge cherry, all for myself.

there's no way you thought the final episode was good. unless you only watched ai sing karaoke and a few shots of her being sad in the rain

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Srice posted:

When I say I enjoyed it all that includes the finale, yes.

then i respect your commitment to enjoying anime. for what it's worth (spoiling because at least one active viewer in thread) i think the frill episode is one of the best episodes in the show, and i think the ai helping ai penultimate episode was a good premise (even if the execution wasn't perfect). but i can't understand the final episode as anything but a rejection of the central premise of show: it's bad when men in positions of power abuse women. it's bad to make a robot girl and trap her in a basement. it's bad to conscript teenage girls to fight your proxy war against the monster you created and abused. i love the frill episode because it's a cool horror story that also encapsulates the acca's hubris, malice, and ignorance -- the episode even ends with ai literally walking away from their bullshit -- and i can't rectify that with the ending. maybe there's a depressing metatextual interpretation that implicates the writer as the ultimate abuser.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
the director should make a wonder egg movie where ai opens an egg and the world is a weird approximation of the show and the monster is a caricature of the writer

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

a pipe smoking dog posted:

End of Eva is one of those things I don't ever want to rewatch because it was so impactful and mind blowing to teenaged me I don't want bitter jaded middle aged me to ruin it

you'll probably appreciate it more because it's also the most bitter ending out of the 3

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

TenementFunster posted:

speaking of old people who keep buying robotech merchandise for inexplicable reasons, i’ll be bro tanking this and immediately putting a big black X over the robotech logo on the back

i wanted to buy this shirt but didn't like the logo on the back. nice technique

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
86 is cool for pretty much everything besides the mechs, in my opinion.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
Wiener.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking