Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
im probably playing warlord

possibly 3-5 warlords

just waddling around, lots of shields, lots of damage

dunno why they changed the name from warlord, a good name, to gunlancer, a terrible name. I refuse to acknowledge the change.

Then when lancer comes out I'll play that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Can't decide between gold, gold+plat, or not playing at all. :getin:

if I do play, definitely going blue warlord. gunlancer is a stupid name that I refuse to acknowledge much like scrapper.

Harrow posted:

Yeah if you're hesitant about Paladin because you're worried about leveling, it doesn't seem like that'll be too much of a problem. Paladin has a DPS build and while you won't do as much damage as a pure DPS, from what I've seen it's perfectly fine for leveling and solo endgame stuff like Chaos Dungeons.
Leveling is super easy on both bard & paladin. Solo endgame daily stuff takes a bit longer but it's not tedious or time consuming.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Feb 7, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

bagrada posted:

Ah are they account-bound then? My info was just random people on reddit and youtube talking about how it is on the KR/RU servers and they expected to be able to buy the platinum skins from other players after release.

edit: I guess we'll find out tomorrow and then there will be a few more days for people to decide whether to buy in or change their pack level.
They weren't account bound on other servers but they will be on this version.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Anarch posted:

Just a small indie game company moment. Time to :f5: the rest of the day.
If you hit download once it keeps automatically trying every 30s or so.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pragmatica posted:

I am having so much fun!!! :woop:
Yeah, all the quests are way less tedious now than when I last tried it.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

victrix posted:

The translators for this game did uh, not do that
Lost Ark is going to receive an award for most creative and confusing use of the word "butler".

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Fenarisk posted:

Did they walk back the cutscene thing for the Powerpass? I'm seeing conflicting facts.
Yes. It was likely a miscommunication to mention cutscenes to begin with.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Char posted:

Playing Gunlancer while also playing Path of Exile is pretty harsh on my dopamine receptors

as in, I'll level Gunlancer with powerpass because it's unbearable
There's a reason I rolled berserker to level with despite planning on playing bard, gunlancer, and sorc.

Berserker kills everything, even bosses, in one shot while leveling & moves freely while using abilities that murder the entire screen & has abilities that launch you forward and then instantly murder everything.

Good Citizen posted:

Is anything important locked behind stronghold management/upgrades or can I safely ignore it for a while longer?
Queuing up the long researches when you feel like it is useful and it only costs 150 silver each or something. You can also just ignore it for a while. Lost Ark is a marathon and not a sprint.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Fenarisk posted:

Guess I'll level 2 alts manually because I absolutely just want to boost and play Scouter and Reaper when they release.
There is a boost system in the game that costs a bit of gold. You should use your free boosts now and then use the game's boost when they come out. You can boost straight through even some of the post-game content using the in-game system. It will cause you to wait 8+ hours to play the classes after they release, but given the time it saves it's nice.

It's also pretty likely they'll give away more boosts in the future or add them to the cash shop at some point.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Adolf Glitter posted:

I universally hate stories in games, so turned the dialogue off in this asap. On a whim I installed the Korean VO and it's great. Very atmospheric, and no cringy waffle (that I can understand anyway.)

Got past the first Big Event thing at around Lv25, and lol, there are suddenly a hundred new things to do. A bit overwhelmed, but it all seems cool.
Big Event was very cool.

This is the first MMO that has clicked with me. It has just enough cool, sorta ARPG-lite-ish-esque vibes I think.

Shame the servers are dead
The game gets cooler after the big event and way cooler once you get to other regions.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Good Citizen posted:

lost ark more like lost characters lmao
more like lost time

Khorne
May 1, 2002

kliras posted:

was there, like, actual doubt internally about this?
Customer Service -> Interacts with customers, responds to issues, creates tickets with questions/observations

Operations -> Interacts with some customer service tickets that require escalation, knows or will find out what the hell is going on or they will escalate it to someone who can

Customer Service tends to not be technical and will only know what they see and what customers tell them. The sky was falling when the servers came back up and people had no characters from a customer service point of view. Operations checked and went 'no, they're there, but stuff is still broken'. At some level there's a person on both teams or at a manager/director level whose job it is to say "ok put out a message that says they're there and we're working to resolve the issue with logging into locked servers".

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Feb 12, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Tried to delete the millions of duped gold and founders stuff people were glitching probably. Economy is already ruined apparently for people who care about that lol
The dupe wasn't deliberate and only happened on EU. It was due to database timeouts and redeeming cash shop inventory. Players couldn't control it. Some people received 0 extra, some 1 extra, and very few more than that.

It mostly duped stuff in the founder chest or from twitch rewards. Not the crystals, not the character slot ticket. No gold. It could also dupe certain things from the cash shop probably, but no one has posted much publicly about that.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Ah I didn't read too far into it, just saw a video from someone getting founders chests for multiple characters. I did read people got a couple years of whatever that paid boost thing is, which is pretty cool!
They're also going to make duped stuff disappear allegedly. Smilegate's approach to fixing this stuff is to straight up give the abusers negative currency. If you duped 50000 crystals and spent them all your account will have -50,000 crystals and effectively be trashed because it'd cost a fortune to buy enough to get to 0.

I think AGS is going with a softer approach because this was entirely their fault and mostly didn't dupe serious economy stuff. Unless people were planning on speculating on founders skins which some definitely were. I believe the extra founder rewards they announced today are partially to soften the blow, because it will devalue the founders skins slightly. It will also help people relocate.

EU has had a particularly rough release. Today's downtime hits them hardest and they were the region the dupe happened in. On east, I get into Una with no queue everyday outside of the first day to make characters. On EU, people with characters have a 40k+ queue and insane wait on some of the servers.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Feb 12, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zokari posted:

I wonder what they would have given us if they seriously deleted all characters...
Ragnarok Online had a 3 day rollback near launch. A crazy number of people quit.

My character went from having gear & being in the 70s to having no gear and being level 30. It hit me ridiculously hard. The compensation was sweet and I played that game for far too many years after.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
What are the exact requirements for power pass? I hit 50, unlocked and ran a chaos dungeon, and have advanced the vern quest a bit since and still have not received one.

My understanding was the same quest that unlocks chaos dungeon is the requirement.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Philthy posted:

Yeah, dunno. I leave it on my second monitor unmuted. Has always worked fine before. This drop seems to be stuck. Blegh.
There are two streamer teams. One gives access to one drop, another the second. If it's stuck you're likely watching the wrong team. Many streamers seem to have no idea about this and don't put their team anywhere.

It still goes up if you mute the stream, and staying out of the tab works fine as long as your browser doesn't stop processing it. At least it does with the adblock setup I have going & all the usual twitch addons to chrome.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Turtle Island is full of Tortoises. AMAZON GAMES!!!!!!!!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Diephoon posted:

Are shop costumes transferable between characters if they're the same class? Might stick to male gunners if that's the case.
Depending on cosmetic, it's same class or same base class.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Noirex posted:

How is Bard solo wise? I like her skills, but is her dps good for killing poo poo long term wise?
It's fine. Bard is fairly boring to level because she effectively casts AoEs that tick things to death. Which is a bit different from something like berserker that one shots everything while moving ahead at full speed or most of the other dps classes. Lots of the msq time is running around and pressing g though, so it's not as big of a deal. Especially if you haven't done it before -- the time difference is neligible for people who aren't speed running but the fun level might be higher on other classes.

For a first character, I'd recommend a dps and then once you unlock the vern passes boost up a bard if you want one and switch to it as a main. But, it's up to you. Playing support solo isn't miserable in this game it's just a bit slower (minute(s) in chaos dungeons, an hour or two for the msq).

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Bussamove posted:

I know it’s probably not efficient to put all my points into Leap Attack as Gunlancer but it sure is satisfying as gently caress.

Mariomario goomba stomping fools.
leap attack is good and I think it's in blue gunlancer's kit

it definitely is for chaos dungeons

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Scoss posted:

From my understanding yes, it was originally far more bear-rear end collecty and you may have even had to grind monsters for XP. That's why they give like 1 experience point when you kill them, it's vestigial functionality from a much shittier game.
Everything used to frequently give 1 credit. Look at the quest objectives sometime, you kill one mob and get 4-12 credits. You carry one barrel and get 5. You used to have run back and forth slinging barrels and crates many times. It was pointless.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Feb 14, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

sharknado slashfic posted:

e: unrelated, it there any terrible drawback to switching mains after 50?
There's a slight advantage to it right now. If you switch as soon as powerpass is available your power passed alts will have more quest progression than your main. By like 10 minutes or something, ok, so not an actual advantage.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Did amazon say when they are giving out the extra founder stuff?

acumen posted:

All the systems are pretty overwhelming but I've played enough of these to know that full optimization isn't a huge deal until the actual end game and there aren't many choices I can make now at ilvl 340 that will gently caress me over at 1300.

It's impossible to screw yourself over in this game unless you start disenchanting gear you've upgraded, deleting characters, or something equally destructive. It's very player friendly compared to many others in the kmmo genre.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 16, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

TeaJay posted:

Matchmaking seems to be borked right now. How doable are the mid-level dungeons solo on hard for average gamers?
Chug heal over time potions and they are all pretty easy. There is only one or two that might pressure you a bit.

I pretty much spammed abilities on berserker and never died in any of the hard dungeons right through the entirety of t1. Might vary a bit by class. Worst-case I had to run around a bit while my hp ticked up.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 16, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

kliras posted:

Some of the guides urge you not to do Chaos Dungeons when you unlock them, but is it just because of Awakening and stuff?
The guide says that because you get a free 302 set from the quests and you get showered with upgrade materials from islands & other stuff. So you could conceivably have a high enough item level to do the 2nd/3rd tier of chaos dungeons.

Realistically, it's wednesday and weekly reset is tomorrow. Just do them. Or, if you are going to play a bunch tonight then do them before you log off or before reset (5am est). Whichever comes first. If you want to spam 6-12 of them, then do that too with the weekly quests. Reset is tomorrow and completing the weeklies will sky rocket your una points & hand you some harmony stuff.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 16, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

joepinetree posted:

The pugging situation in this game manages to be worse than wow. Berserkers who keep rushing at vertus and eating all 3 lives. People who completely ignore the orbs and so we completely fail the 2nd boss of the 2nd abyssal dungeon. I guess I will focus on islands and that sort of solo content and hope I can progress that way.
Use party finder. People are way more competent. You'll mvp doing 34%-40% of the group's damage instead of constantly doing 60%+ like in matchmaking. They're all still new, me included, but they tend to be people trying to learn.

Berserkers are supposed to rush at him tho. I did 90% of the group's damage and solod him for 7 minutes straight on mayhem berserker in matchmaking while my party laid dead for my first attempt & clear. It's one of many reasons I stopped using matchmaking. The other main one being on alts I've seen the first/second guardian raid take 15 minutes due to people not even bothering to setup single target skills & having 0% uptime for no apparent reason. Oh, another one, matchmaking has random toxic weirdos and in party finder people are like "yeah we'll do it" and communicate with each other while attempting it again after wipes.

And for anyone who hasn't done them yet, do your abyssals! They're easier than vertus and only require learning 1-2 mechanics per fight depending on which it is. There's only 2 fights in 3 of them and 3 fights in the last one. Good rewards, good fun, less annoying than vertus 100% guaranteed. I am going to do them on alts this week too.

Might organize some goon groups/carries on discord this weekend. I am not in any guild yet, need to join a goon one, but I've been having a ton of fun despite venting about mm above. I wiped my groups a number of times in abyssals learning the mechanics. :getin:

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 17, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Fenarisk posted:

I'm not going for speed but wow is that mokoko island a slog.
I had the opposite experience on mokoko island. At first I was afraid it had sent me to epstein island, but it suddenly became one of my favorites because I really liked being shrunken down and riding a lady bug and doing all the shrunken tasks and stuff.

Powerpassing won't harm them in any way. Not really sure what you mean. It auto completes all the earlier quests and all the max level islands are account-wide. The only drawback to switching mains is if you already hit 50 and completed the max level island questlines and got all the honing mats then you won't get them on the alt. If you did that, you should push your current main to t2 and then research the increased upgrade rate & decreated mats for t1 at stronghold & then push your soon-to-be-main to t2.

But, it doesn't sound like you got that far. When you unlock powerpass all your characters will be 100% equal.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 17, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

The Locator posted:

You are gonna get banned for naming your kitty cat after a famous video game character.
it's the default name and I know that's probably the joke

Hefty posted:

:negative:

e: wait, you can change your pet’s name?
press alt+p and enjoy the name change as well as instantly repairing anything and accessing your storage from everywhere and a bunch of other stuff provided you have the crystalline aura

don't know if pet name changes cost currency because I haven't tried to change it

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Garrand posted:

I have admittedly paid attention to basically nothing in this game so far but what is this mechanic/resource/whatever for this dialogue option?

it's one of the roster stats like wisdom/kindness/charisma/courage that you get from completing quests and stuff

you are not [whatever stat] enough to pick that dialogue option

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Lawlicaust posted:

At this point the thread title should be “Lost Ark - you didn’t gently caress anything up.”
The only way you can mess up at this point is:

• Delete your character
  • Disenchant your actual gear. This will set you back big time because the island & welcome challenge rewards are once per roster.
  • Upgrade a second piece for the same slot in the same tier on the same character. You can transfer upgrades at 100% success for free, it destroys the original item in the process. It's at the honing npc.

Some softer mistakes that you will 100% recover from but shouldn't really be doing
  • Spend gold on green/blue engraving books. Admittedly, if you spend a small amount it's not even a big deal but spending more than 5g-8g for a blue book is kinda wasteful given you get a bunch by just doing stuff & no one needs them yet. Part of the problem is gold is scarce in T1/T2 & you can't control your accessory engravings given how briefly you'll be in those tiers (~1 week max in T1, ~2 weeks max in T2 with zero swiping. If you play casually and are there longer it's even less of a grind and there's even less reason to do this.)
  • Spend gold on gear in T1/T2 from the market/auction house -- some streamers/youtubers are trying to scam people by saying you should. Everyone who has said this has multiple alts in the tier and is mass listing gear to sell to suckers.
  • Buying most consumable stuff from the cash shop. It's your money, but rapport items and most stuff you burn through just isn't worth it. Battle items will likely eventually be an exception due to being cheap crystal wise and costing gold to make which directly eats away at progression speed in T3.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 20, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Sindai posted:

Island quests shower you in thousands of them.
Yeah, island quests are an easy 100k+ pirate coins. Blackfang alone is pretty quick and will net you 20k or so.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Indecisive posted:

Game is definitely pixelly and blurry as poo poo for anything not in the immediate foreground for me, like when im on a cliff and see mobs moving below. But personally i've been amazed at how well it runs at all, considering my graphics card is a ... checks... NVidia GeForce GT 730, which is a budget card that's almost 8 year old card at this point. I've had no issues with the framerate dropping low really. Altho, the framerate for trash enemies does sometimes drop very low, not sure how the game dynamically alters that but sometimes ill be moving around smoothly while npcs are like sliding at me with like 3 frames of animation
There's a setting that blurs things on different height levels & far away. I forgot what it's called, but it's in the video settings I think.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

M. Night Skymall posted:

People who are stuck in T1, you are probably missing a significant number of islands that give honing mats. I haven't met anyone who actually needed every T1 island to get to T2.
I used every island, maxed chaos vendor on certain stuff for 2 resets, and maxed pirate coins twice for certain mats. I even leveraged shadespire floors 1-24 mats on my main by doing it on an alt first.

The one thing I did wrong in T1 was not doing world bosses & chaos events & the maps from chaos events in a map share. I've done that in T2 and it helps quite a bit.

T2 is looking similar. Pretty sure I will need reset thursday and still not get 15 until ~tuesday next week at the earliest unless my alt makes it to t2. Which is going to hinge more on me having time to do the quests because I think I have enough mats hoarded to push an alt to t2.

It's fine though. There's a ton of stuff to do that doesn't involve upgrading my gear, and when I run out of mats I go do other stuff. I've been lazily working on a bunch of alts as well now that my main is in t2. And managed to hoard a decent amount of gold although I've been converting to crystals because I bet the gold:crystal price will tank over the next few weeks & converting in-game stuff into a larger stash and more card slots etcetc is nice.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 21, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

HungryHungryHobo posted:

gently caress all this timed content though. I've never seen an Island of the Day spawn. I saw an event yesterday that was only open at "Mon: 1pm, Wed: 1pm, Sat: 1pm" and I'm like well guess I'm never doing that hope it isn't important.
The event notifications from compass are wrong & the island descriptions are very, very wrong & you can do these at night too. Allegedly you can check the calender, which I haven't even found, for more precise times. Realistically, check the event feed on the left. You can scroll hours into the future. I think the worst cycle is ~3 hours. Maybe 4.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

ghostinmyshell posted:

Since we all got Una skip tickets today, what would be some good ones to actually skip due to how much of a pain in the rear end they are? Like ones that require a limited island event or take forever to do.
Tooki. Takes a while to sail there (1 of 4 spawns, ~12 minute window to get to it), takes a while to do the event, rewards aren't good, and you need to do it 30 times for the giant heart.

At least it has really nice music and a lenient participation requirement. But you still need to go to the right island and do a 15 minute event. Then waddle back to the entrance. Then leave the island, because if you stay you can't join any instanced content.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 23, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

The Locator posted:

At the risk of exposing just how frightfully old I am... how do these work? Is it something I have to actively participate in? What streams give these away, and how?

Yes, I'm old and have never done a 'twitch drop' thing.
There's a list of streamers on the lost ark site.

You leave a stream open for however much time is required, previously 4 hours but it might be less given these are one day things now, and get a reward. There is a loot page on twitch that has you link your account to steam/lost ark.

You can check the drops page to see if you're making progress toward it, too. And the drops page also lists streamers but it's not a comprehensive list.

This one starts feb 25th. this has current campaigns. If you click lost ark there is a "connect" thing at the bottom.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 23, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Bit of advice for anyone at the end of t2 or trying to push alts into t2, check the price of unbound upgrade materials on the market. Then check currency conversion rates & compare to mari's shop. There's big opportunity in the current market to sell stuff you find for gold & converting the gold into other currencies and far more of the same materials due to whales and limited supply.

Mari's shop mechanic is you can buy 1x of what's listed. You can also scroll back in time and buy stuff from the past few days. If someone is whaling it won't be enough, so they're outright turning crystals into gold and buying everything possible on the market at 10x or more than the mari's shop price.

I'd also advise anyone who's not looking to p2w to track your crystals carefully and only use crystals you've gotten from gold->crystal conversions. That's my strategy at least. I have no intention of paying real money for progression.

Hefty posted:

Similarly, I hate that in order to do new content you have to get gear which makes the previous content irrelevant. I get that “number go up” is kind of the point of this type of PvE content, but I wish progression were a bit more horizontal. I guess if they keep pumping out new, interesting fights it’s not a problem — just seems, idk, wasteful?
Tier3 is kinda like this although you do get the "ilvl 580 player joins the 340 abyssal" type stuff there too. We are in the very old content that's no longer relevant phase in T1/T2. T3 is going to last a long time.

You'll also be doing t1/t2 plenty on alts at an appropriate gear level. Everything is significantly more difficult & fun if you're at the minimum matchmaking ilvl.

On weds/thurs you're also more likely to see someone at the high end of the ilvl bracket. Waiting until the last two days before reset to do abyss & the harder guardians is a pretty valid strategy when you're new and just want to learn the mechanics of fights.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 23, 2022

Khorne
May 1, 2002

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

The cosmetic shop is suspiciously lacking for an international gacha of this size. Like I get most of whaling happens in hard locking the gear game, but having more than one skin per class and pets and mounts that aren't all from the nearby birch woods, would not alter the perception of this cash grab as much as the producers think.
They're probably going to do regular releases of cosmetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

admanb posted:

Yeah that's the smart way to do it, but I have a way of out-smarting myself and deciding I saw the flash when it was just someone popping Awakening or some poo poo.
Ranged classes and abilities can drop staggers before swords spawn and/or people can throw consumables (not worth it really). Then you have one person who has a bunch of stagger go for the boss right away and be the first sword. Everyone else kites and does the debuff thing. With 2-3 people who get it it's fairly common to clear stagger check before second sword.

Sorc is particularly busted for this encounter. If you pop ult and drop ranged stagger you can clear 2/3 the bar before sword even spawns and then kite the sword.

Lots of people overcomplicate what's going on in that fight. You'll fail stagger check by the time the 4th can get the sword and 3rd getting it means they can use maybe one ability before stager check fails. I've ran it more times than I'd like to admit due to alts, and the biggest problem (besides people ignoring debuffs and killing the group) is not letting big stagger players go first.

e: for anyone worried about stagger, mouse over your skills. You'll see lots of stagger: high, stagger: med/high. Those are your stagger skills. Most classes have a bunch of stagger.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 24, 2022