Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

considered sayin guardian legend for nes but instead i'm gonna say astro boy: omega factor for game boy advance

I shan't be playing but I played this game a few years ago and it's sick, had absolutely no idea about the manga or related works so it was like an extended fever dream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Imp magic made Treasure come back

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/legendary-japanese-studio-treasure-is-on-the-comeback-trail/

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I reinstalled Revengeance last week and have been meaning to finally play 4... its a sign

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Actually I remembered Sunbreak is out so I'm just going to play that for a month straight

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fun little game! Will give the others a go over the next few days as well. Apparently this is more in line with my schedule than every single Metal Gear game at the moment.

Beat any of the text adventures

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lmfao

Also it's a well known one but Anchorhead is good

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

played Photopia now, think I might give it a couple of days and play it again. I've had an eye strain headache so some of the colours were a pain to read and probably stopped me absorbing it much lol. It didn't really work for me for whatever reason but I'll give it another go and see what I think after that

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

played Photopia now, think I might give it a couple of days and play it again. I've had an eye strain headache so some of the colours were a pain to read and probably stopped me absorbing it much lol. It didn't really work for me for whatever reason but I'll give it another go and see what I think after that

The artsy abstract game about how sandcastles represent impermanence or whatever is forgiven, I am far too stupid for Act of Murder

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Superluminal kicks rear end, it feels overwhelming but in a good way. I if i complete this one I'm going to feel obligated to the murder one to get my completion badge

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

what a really fun little game, this is the sort of thing I really look for in interactive fiction - it's all pretty short and digestible but it's just a constant supply of imaginative and weird ideas that would be really difficult to do if it required visuals. Going to try to get the rest of the achievements for sure.

I felt like I somehow cheated towards the ending, I got the route to Haven because I had attached weird stuff to my body and a lady just told me the route so I never had to spend the money on the people that I had spent half of the game looking for, and the lady just gave me like a million credits lol

Am I being stupid or is there nowhere to actually look at the "achievements"? I can't find them anywhere. I've been floating around getting the bounties but I cannot work out how to find more planets, I'm clearly missing something a lot. Szymon just tells me that the military at Storm is a good way to explore the universe and that the ERX controller thing might make a new one but I can't work out how to actually do anything with either

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Aug 6, 2022

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

disregard, I had a third coffee and forgot some really obvious guesses and also had been spelling the word "Alpha" wrong. All went into place after that. good game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

agreed with all of the above, finished it now but I had to bash my head trying to convince the game what I was trying to tell it, largely just because the parser is fussy and I didn't really get the logic sometimes. It was OK but definitely my least favourite of the four.

: Beat all four text adventures

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Ah. Hm.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I loving hate this oval office

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I, uh, I don't think this game is for me

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Aug 11, 2022

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Leadthumb posted:

I'll give it another shot when I'm not so grumpy. I had a really bad day, and I got super sunburned on saturday and now I'm peeling all over like some kind of nasty fromsoft NPC.

Same. Genuinely found myself thinking about that guide rear end in a top hat and getting annoyed while trying to sleep. I want to at least beat lake 1, or perhaps get as far as a fish actually biting the loving lure instead of just flopping at it

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

herculon posted:

Nobody's found a secret lure yet...

Now I've heard there was a secret lure
That David found, but his cast was poor
You'll never get one doing that, now will ya?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I genuinely cannot get a single fish to even bite my frog. I'm going back to an easier game like Sunbreak

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to dump 5,000 liters of sulfuric acid into the lake

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The frog doesn't work at all and I'm going to drive my speedboat into the awards ceremony platform. Ha! Ha!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

this sounds rad, don't know much about it so will be fun to go in blind. I promise not to get mad about this one

That Little Demon posted:

which reminds me, one of my picks in the future is going to be Brave Fencer lol

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I was considering that one for my pick too lol.

I was thinking about this one as well lmao

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

me trying to catch a bass

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

jumping on symbols and restarting every time i fell off then running away from a boulder in the underground cave was, ah, not a highlight. Cool game though, I like the vibe, it has a bit of a Ys feel in a way I can't really pin down

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The names in this are so good. Fancy Mel

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

If this b*tch calls me Polly one more time…

I hate her.

e: I gave wine to a homeless man and he sells me discount stat boosts now. good game

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 18, 2022

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

my morning jackass posted:

I struggled hard with it for a while and died a few too many times. I feel that you can’t really jump quickly after you land so if you wait a second it works out.
Yeah I had some very frustrating times at Fancy Mel's minigames trying to work this out. It's so jarring going back to a game that doesn't have any kind of coyote time lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

can't believe Starscourge Radahn and Yobgoblin are both in this game... truly ahead of its time

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

: Beat the game as Rue

Won't be able to play for a few days but hopefully get through the Mint campaign in time. Last dungeon was maybe a bit too long and the final boss was poo poo, but that was just kind of the style at the time, can't really find too many major faults with the game. A good nomination

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That Little Demon posted:

its what she gets for calling me Polly

She should be executed imo

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I was just about to post the same thing, I was getting frustrated enough with the little bit you have to do in the Underground Ruins as Mint but the part afterward outside Mel's atelier where you just have to do a few lovely Mario levels for no real reason has me shouting at my TV like DSP. I pushed jump dood come on.

It's the worst part of the game by a mile. Not really looking forward to replaying it in the Mint path

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Played through half of Mint's campaign, she's a lot of fun to play as but I was hoping there'd be a bit more of a difference in the route itself... it's a short game though ag least. Hopefully beat it tonight

e: I don't want to do Raging Mountain again.

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Aug 24, 2022

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

: Beat the game as Mint

: Get the Epilogue ending

Some of the shine of the game definitely wore off a bit on the second playthrough of some of the less fun parts, despite being a pretty short game it felt like it was stretched out a bit more than necessary by some of the backtracking and filler sections. I was actively kind of regretting doing a second playthrough at the point where for some reason I had to do an even more tedious second runthrough of the Underground Cavern lol, but I'm glad I did overall, it's not like it was a huge timesink.

Playing as Mint was way easier than Rue but I never found use for 90% of the magic and some bosses just didn't really seem to be affected by it even if it felt like they should have been, I resorted to jump attacks mostly towards the end of the game, which made her and Rue feel pretty similar. I think I liked her story more overall though, it had some genuinely funny parts and had some cool scenes with the rest of the cast that I didn't expect

The Epilogue ending was a bit disappointing, it was weird that it basically established Rue as the "canon" route which I didn't think it was going to do, it would have been fairly easy to just cut Claire out and leave that aspect ambiguous, but I guess that would've left Rue's story on a pretty sour note and Mint's story basically ended with going back to square one anyway.

I don't think it really needed a sequel which the Epilogue was obviously teasing for, but it was still nice to think about all the characters continuing to go on adventures, I really liked most of the cast.

Overall a good pick, would almost certainly never have played it otherwise and despite some rough edges and lovely platforming parts, it was a really charming little game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The whale is the point where I stopped using magic on Mint bosses and just jump attacked their heads. I didnt even always work when it was doing the big inhale attack and I could not work out why

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got the tude now posted:

Very cool pick. Goof troop was on my shortlist. Some cool Disney games from that gen

Oh man I had been thinking of Goof Troop but couldn't remember the name. That game ruled. Castle of Illusion is great too

E: just read that QuackShot was criticised for floaty frustrating jumping and Fancy Mel's theme started up in my head

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 30, 2022

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I had no idea Saturn emulation was bad but I've done 10 minutes of research and everyone says it's fine now

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to try the weird Saturn emulator someone found hidden in a commercial game on the Switch

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm going to try the weird Saturn emulator someone found hidden in a commercial game on the Switch

I wouldn't recommend trying to do this

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

mickey's pleasing butt bounce

His name is Goofy

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The Kins posted:

https://i.imgur.com/QO2as1F.gifv

did this happen for anyone else? didn't feel like it was supposed to happen, but...

That's one of the Illusions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

attempting to get the emulator on the Switch to work has not only not worked but now every single one of my emulated games load as the start screen for the game. this is a nightmare

e: the Mickey game I mean, not the correct game, which would be OK

Lunchmeat Larry fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 2, 2022