Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Definitely watching Komi-san, Spy x Family, and Kaguya-san. Gonna try Otome Game and Love After World Domination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
World Domination is cute and not especially taxing to watch. I like it and hope they can keep the central gag of the show fresh.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chiasaur11 posted:

The manga went bad. The adaptation was worse.

It would be mean but funny to make this the thread title with absolutely no other explanation.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Kaguya-sama - Its like these wonderful idiots never left.

Spy x Family - Episode 1 was very good but a bit sparse at times, I assume things are going to pick up once the "mother" shows up. I'm a huge fan of Cold War spy lit so my biggest laugh came early from the name "Berlint". Its so lazy it's wonderful.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
From what i remember of the manga version which I read bits of a long time ago, Otome mob's protag-kun gets increasingly dragged into the main plot of the game despite wanting to stick to being Background NPC #72.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I wonder how some people get through the OPs and EDs of shows without getting tetchy about spoilers. Because everything I said was obvious just from looking at the end credits sequence. Yeah I mentioned I read some of the manga but I only vaguely recall what happens and didn't give any specifics beyond "the protagonist interacts with the plot of the game he's in", which isn't a spoiler, it's a description of how a story works.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 11, 2022

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Aeris dies.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Turns out, that Shinji kid is really hosed up.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The 7th Guest posted:

it's not even that, it's like calling "usagi becomes sailor moon and fights the monster of the week" a spoiler

Wait, there are monsters of the week in Sailor Moon?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
In Ranking of Kings, the kings get ranked.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Re: Zero is all about a Subaru dealership replying to an email titled "Zero".

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chiasaur11 posted:

Some hack of an editor revealed who the murderer was at the start of a murder mystery I was watching.

The only tension was wondering how such an obviously incapable detective in a rumpled raincoat would ever catch a man who could commit the perfect crime.

Who's the anime equivalent of Columbo anyway?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chiasaur11 posted:

Bolonco, Columbo's junior detective son who skateboards while solving crimes.

My life has been enriched by learning this is a real thing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

dogsicle posted:

went to look at the manga and ch1 seems to be exactly the same as what people are complaining about, a couple chapters later you have a dude getting off to stabbing female elf slaves, and a few chapters later you have a fat rich guy raping more elf slaves. there's some normal fantasy monster fight stuff and then they have to save a bunch of pregnant beastwoman slaves, they run across some guys beating a prostitute who stop to talk about raping her etc.

seems like they really like to invoke specific tropes for their villains and people should just steer clear entirely if ep1 turned them off, especially since some of this later stuff is at least as gratuitous as ch1.

This sounds really bad.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Really wish there were a show about a guy who's deeply embarrassed about his interests who meets a girl who's far more open about hers causing him to learn an important lesson that he should embrace who he is

Spy x Family already has a thread, though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
All I can about anime slavery (besides it being bad and needing to stop being A Thing) is that of all the countries in the world it probably lands the absolute worst among viewers in the United States for reasons I don't think I need to explain.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Strange Quark posted:

other countries famously had no slavery

Yes, that's totally what I said.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Raenir Salazar posted:

There are people in Japan who suffer immense discrimination on the basis of their ancestry, people who worked in certain professions like morticians, I'm not sure how comparable that is though.

I only read the first couple of chapters of the shield hero manga, my initial impression was it was *probably* meant *initially* to be this definitely seen as morally questionable thing. Having been ostracized from the other adventurers the SH mc decided to go gently caress it and do "whatever it takes" to be a successful adventurer morals and ethics be damned; along the lines of the revenge arc of the Count of Monte Cristo, but with his outlook gradually softening as he regains his trust in humanity, but the impression from what I've heard is that this derails very quickly.

Dude, spoilers.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mysticblade posted:

I haven't followed anime in a while but Kongming is really good so far and I'm curious about Shokei Shoujo and Spy X Family from this thread.

Watch Spy x Family now. Do it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Leon from Otome Mob has clearly been taking lessons in misanthropy from Kazuma.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Was worried Love After World Domination couldn't keep its momentum going given its rather thin premise, but the two leads are so cute together it doesn't really matter.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Anime has convinced me that Japanese high school lasts a decade or so and you immediately get assigned to a job and become middle aged after graduation.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Re: Zero was the best horny isekai until Rem got her memories et because she had that one really big horn, what with her being an oni and all.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grouchio posted:

Emilia doesn't even know how babies are made. I would not describe Re:Zero as horny-desu.

Oh my god

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Kaguya and Spy x Family are both AOTS.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I really want to read the Spy x Family manga but I don't want to spoil the show.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tales of Woe posted:

new bleach too if anyone still cares about that

Having read the manga, I care a lot. It's going to be some glorious idiocy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm glad (maybe?) I'm not alone in not getting the hype about Shikimori (not necessarily in ADTRW). It's sweet and nice and all but there just doesn't seem to be much to it beyond that. If that's your thing, terrific, it just isn't mine.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

doomrider7 posted:

To contrast, the show could be one of the most hated shows of this year on MAL unless something REALLY shits the bed. And it's not just a, "meh not my thing", but an outright visceral seeming hatred ESPECIALLY for Izumi which is legitimately disturbing to read and see and not even barely hidden what it's about given the amount of "betacuck" comments and posts. At some point in the past few years, Fandom really HAS grown more toxic and it is kind of surreal to see in real time.

Fandoms have always been toxic to a certain extent, it's just way more obvious now because of the way social media has clumped everyone together.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
It's OK to like Shikimori and it's a good series. It's just not my thing.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Konosuba!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kwyndig posted:

So he can make FOOF, but he can't make novel drugs that didn't exist on Earth before he died.

I would absolutely watch an isekai based on John Clark's Ignition!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kwyndig posted:

Wow this is like a pile of trash lit on fire and then pushed into the river to spread toxic gunk all over the city.

Hello Geoff Thew how do you like the forums?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The 7th Guest posted:

i look forward to when it leaves disney+ jail a year from now

i already know what shows are gonna be in geoff's next hottest trash video just from looking at synopses (the ex-girlfriend one, the isekai harem one). are there any good anime youtubers other than hazel, kenny lauerdale and kaizerbeams

I wouldn't know, I'm not really an avid youtube watcher person.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

chiasaur11 posted:

いいえ。

憎しみは無関心から来るものではありません。憎しみは逆さまの愛です。だから私とバック・アロウと一緒です。私は、バック・アロウに反対したいとは思いませんでした。それどころか、私はそれを愛したかった。・バックアロウと私は友達になるべきだったし、私だけが選んだ問題だったらそうだっただろう。残念ながら、そうではありませんでした。バック・アロウは元気とエネルギーから始まりましたが、そのすべての美徳を裏切っていました。バカ?私は防御を否定します。正直なオソマツのように、バック・アロウは愚かではありませんでした。バック・アロウはもっと悪い罪を持っています。バックアロウは鈍いです。バック・アロウは、子供たちのように、明るい色と点滅するライトが対話と特徴付けの十分な代替物であると考えることを期待して、そのキャラクターとそのプロットへの勢いに対するいかなる代理人も拒否します。

より良い世界では、これで終わりです。バック・アロウと、マッドサイエンティストの支援合唱団のように可能性に満ちたその恐ろしい概念の浪費は、歴史のゴミ箱に非難されるでしょう。しかし、これは堕落した世界であるため、「ドクター」よりもインテリジェントな作品として「フェイルセーフ」を推し進めようとする人々と同様に、時代の曖昧さを利用して、くだらないアニメをその稼いだ墓から引きずり出す人々がいます。奇妙な愛"。結果として、私たちの子孫が私たちよりも賢明であるように、私のような惨めな若いスノッブ、その失敗を記録するために最後までゴミを見る人々がいるに違いありません。

(ちなみに、ガン×ソードはリリースされたときはささやかな成功でしたが、バック・アロウは大規模なマーケティングの推進にもかかわらず、完全なフロップでした。)

オブジェクトがタイムストリームに入ると、時間はそれ自体を修正し始めます。 この例を使用してみましょう。崖の端にある4つのボールを想像してみてください。 崖に最も近いボールの直接コピーがボールの列の後ろに送られ、最初のボールの代わりになるとします。 以前の最初のボールが2番目になり、2番目が3番目になり、4番目が崖から落ちます。
時間も同じように機能します。

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah that ending really come out of left field, it was all cutesy innocent adventures and lovely afternoon tea parties and wholesome pajama sleepovers and then in the penultimate episode the main character gets smashed into the ground during the final bossfight and dies in a huge pool of her own blood and everyone is too late to save her so the final episode is all the other characters weeping at her funeral. But then it turns out that the necromancer side character just happened to find her wandering soul and she resurrects her by shoving her spirit back into her corpse so everyone is happy again!

:wtc:

Why do showrunners think this kind of poo poo is a good idea?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

dogsicle posted:

it is, because reading about it ooc like this made me laugh

Fair enough, but I don't think this is the reaction they were going for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

What would Jesus watch?