Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Still goddamned flabbergasted that somehow elon became the literal embodiment of the antagonist Veppers from Iain M. Banks' Surface Detail, given the fact that it's Grimes' favorite novel and he was trying to impress her constantly by miming his stuff and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

cumpantry posted:

you're right about the 50's, but it aint that bot... it's robbie

1950s pneumatics, hydraulics, vacuum tubes and punchcard instructions vs Musk's bootleg protocol droid. We need to re-fund BattleBots and force these dipshit billionaires to fight in it with their weirdo surveillance state pipedreams before they're allowed to post.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Okay the ponyposting is... a thing. And it made me laugh. And I'm not comfortable with myself for laughing at the concept described in the aforementioned post, so I'll ignore it, broadly speaking; but the point is solid: Elon's got facebook boomer posting energy.

e: and by energy i mean like whatever that weird glowing green poo poo you see always applied to undead in art is

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

You should laugh. It was a very stupid idea I thought up and wanted to see brought to life. It’s loving dumb as hell and it makes me laugh looking at it. My point in embarrassing myself is if your gonna be a weird dweeb with money and shitposting, then go all the way, Elon can’t even do that right, he just screams pickle Rick at people and posts nazi poo poo because he still thinks the world is 4chan.

Oh, 100%. My discomfort mostly stems from realizing I would absolutely do the exact same thing if I wasn't already spending all my spare money on my weirdo side-hobbies of dressing up like a knight and getting traumatic brain injuries (buhurt). Like looking into the mirror, you know?

Maybe I should get Rainbow Dash rampant regardant as the heraldry on the shield I commission for next year...

That said, I am kind of curious as to HOW Elon got so 4chanbrained. I don't think I've ever seen him reference a greentext or anything; is it just cultural diffusion and social media osmosis?

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
elon's going to matrix learn aikido whenever that goatee actually forms completely

the segalening of musk

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Sankis posted:

lmao I can't wait until he starts getting hit with charge back fees as botters use stolen credit cards to make accounts en masse

$1/year from every user won't even cover the processing fees from any PCP, let alone the compliance and etc. they'll need to cover before they can even start taking cards, with any organization that isn't basically running Billionaire Prince and phony call center scams out of their slushfunds.

My money's on him hearing about test transaction ($1-$11 charges that show up on your credit card statement but get removed later; they're there to validate the authenticity of the card) and thinking: `great we'll just implement our own version of that`.

But that's probably more thought than was actually given before or since.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

shyduck posted:

Yeah it was around that time. That's when I deleted the app. I still use Twitter here and there but I cut my usage way down after that.

So the neo-nazis, bots, crypto-confederates and CSAM wasn't enough to get you off there?

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJIiSm6sgrE

#SPORTS

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Musk is gonna change her verified checkmark to the sonichu pendant to get her back just wait

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Those :10bux: paying for themselves over and over aw yeah

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

kazil posted:

Why would you even need a bicycle if you have a Cybertruck??

Set it on autopilot ahead of you and be the owner of the bike lane

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

elon got the tsuka death grip only a true student of musashi would comprehend

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

priznat posted:

Cutting a free hanging paper is going to be tough regardless if it’s some chonky billionaire weeb trying for it or yojimbo himself. That’s gotta be sharp beyond what most swords are sharpened to (because a sharp edge is also very fragile).

Cutting a rolled up tatami mat is more in line with showing some badass sword technique (Elon would fail hilariously)

I mean, even excepting that, since paper-cutting is absolutely a thing that's done in sword martial arts (you have to have tension on both sides of the paper, though), and the fact that swords don't really have to be that sharp to do it, I just hope his sword wasn't sharpened at all because the boy fuckhead wonder actually mimed attacking the reporter with a potentially sharpened sword and UH WHAT :stare:

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Quick someone get him a copy of snowcrash. Want to see him put out a video trying to ride a motorbike in a long trench coat while carrying a samurai sword and a pizza.

Absolutely the type to get poor impulse control as a tattoo unironically.

elon musk's metaverse would be hilariously bleak.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

still kinda impressed he managed to one up kim jong il's aesthetic tbh

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Serious question:
Does/has anyone here actually own/owned a tesla?

How do you deal with parts? I'm not too hip on what their supply line looks like these days, but I can't imagine there's a ton of after-market parts for the various models out there... and I can't imagine Musk/the engineers I knew that went to Tesla doing standardized anything, so I'm legitimately curious.

Do you just, like, get into a fender bender and write the thing off as totaled because a new bumper costs more than a honda civic? What if that shitass excuse for an infotainment system dies? Can you do anything at home to it???

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Why does it do this? Why does it bother me so badly? Is it a tiny little baby stirrup for your dainty little toes while you hang on during the cyberpocalypse while elon clone #68 blasts sentinels from the back with a practical-effectsed pom-pom gun leftover from ww2? Is it just to make it look aerodynamic but... not be??? It's so bizarre; just pop the wheel well out a bit, make it look a bit more like your dumbass rocket?

Man I'm putting more thought into this than Elon ever did, gently caress me.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Musk self-inserting himself as Veppers would absolutely be something he would do and it would be pretty loving funny, being real.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

No. 6 posted:

Fired up the ol hate machine, scrolling through the first couple of tweets presented and see a mentally challenged man masturbating with uncensored dong, while the video is framed as anti immigrant rhetoric.

Cool site Elon

why are you still on it then?????

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

No. 6 posted:

Sometimes I want to look at the state of affairs

literal pigballs.jpeg, got it

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
space x branded starship autoteledildonics are the future, jo pants are merely the stepping stone

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Failson posted:

Wow a tax shelter AND a cover for free child labor!

Someone in the `every time something gets shittier` thread talked about how their teaching experience was nothing but shitbox apps trying to get usage analytics out of every last single iota of functionality that used to be done with a book of graph paper and a pencil.

I can only imagine the neuralinks are going to be mandatory for the staff and students here.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

kazil posted:

What if Elon is only trying to get the Cybertruck to be the next Delorean-like famous movie car?

I've only ever known suspiciously rich furries that owned Deloreans.

I've never known a furry that likes Elon Musk or Tesla.

QED Musk is finished

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

steinrokkan posted:

The Mozarts of the future will write music by entering prompts into an AI bot

I mean, legitimately, this is probably a way more prescient futurist prediction than literally anything Musk or people like him have cranked out stolen from science fiction authors that are too dead to clap back

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Lord Stimperor posted:

The fact that Elon Musk makes bezos and Zuckerberg look cool means that his presence actually increases the amount of cool people on the planet

Checkmate woke fudsters

Zucc killed a goat with a laser to impress the last twitter owner, I don't think Musk can touch that tbh; like, entirely different leagues of sociopath.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Grimes is actually the primary reason I don't tell people just how influential Iain M. Banks's novels have been in my life/career.

Which is a shame because I got into her music back in, like, 2015 when I transitioned and so I have a lot of positive memories associated with her music, before I knew about, uh, anything about her outside of her music.

Nazi fucks ruin everything.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

mannerup posted:

quote:

For years Grimes harbored a dream of directing her own adaptation of Dune, with the more problematic colonialist elements scrubbed out, but when she heard about Denis Villeneuve’s two-part blockbuster, she fangirled all over again and signed on to help with the rollout, originally scheduled for November 2020. (“I was basically an influencer.”) And then, she adds, she got canceled from Dune because of the Communist Manifesto thing. She was crestfallen, but she understood. “There are things that are deeply not woke in the Dune universe,” she says, so the studio had to be extra-cautious, and she was far from indispensable.

When she finally saw the movie, she realized to her astonishment that this story she’d adored since she was far too young for it, that she knew almost by heart, that inspired her first album—this story was now her story. Specifically Lady Jessica’s story. This goes by fast onscreen, but Jessica (played by Rebecca Ferguson) is not a wife but a concubine. Grimes saw herself in Jessica, and she saw X in Jessica’s son, Paul Atreides (Timothée Chalamet). Paul is more than a duke’s son. He’s a chosen one, tasked with becoming a great leader. “When I see X,” she says, “like, I just know X is going to have to go through all this really hosed-up poo poo that sort of mirrors Paul-type stuff.” Watching it wrecked her. “I was just crying my eyes out the whole movie.”

holy goddamned poo poo lmfao

the incoming PXL-55 AT|23-1ES has some big boots to fill compared to their older sibling apparently

also was THAT what the communist manifesto and cockroach costume thing was??? I thought folks were trying to spin it as her coming out against Elon deciding to make his transphobic bullshit obvious to the world and her dumping him or some bullshit?

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

What is “ the communist manifesto thing”?

This horseshit.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUjhhm9rB0M/?img_index=1

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

mannerup posted:

"personally I'm more interested in a radical decentralized ubi that I think could potentially be achieved thru crypto and gaming but I haven't ironed that idea out enough yet to explain it."

such a beautiful sentence

truly one of the minds of our time

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

redshirt posted:

Just hanging out at the bus stop in my Dune outfit reading the Communist Manifesto, as I am wont.

being fair, groimes acting like the weirdo 19-year-old fedora-tipper at community college is actually way more mature for her than her normal persona...lity

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

PhazonLink posted:

so what makes Dune "worth it", like i know nothing about it other than the "spice must flow" line.

If nothing else, I suggest reading the first novel because it's one of the cornerstone pieces of modern science-fiction/speculative fiction and I, personally, think it's pretty cool to see how it influenced everything after it.

It's also got some nice prose and cool ideas (especially for the time) in there, though, if those are more your speed. After the first book, however, eh, I'd say you could safely ignore it all unless you really dig the weirdo bizarro future Herbert dreamt up.

I'd say pick it up along with the first Foundation novel(s) to do a compare/contrast if you're of the literary mindset, since Dune was written as kind of a giant 'nah actually this is closer to how I see it playing out' response to the Foundation trilogy.

E: Quote is not edit god dammit

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Worms, drugs and familial nuclear armaments

Heaven, in other words.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

euphronius posted:

Cyrus wasn’t even “brown “??

I have no idea

euphronius posted:

Cyrus was literally Aryan !!

well you see everyone from persia is brown because she's racist

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Bip Roberts posted:

lol if you read Dune instead of Gor (aka Good Dune)

elon is absolutely the kind of person to get unironically super into gor :gonk:

e: this is the snipe we all deserve let's be real

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

priznat posted:

One that they are reducing the available information in a country that actually still uses their lovely service due to rate limiting! #sports

requests cost money if they want help they can pay $8

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Evilreaver posted:

Plot twist: by wild coincidence he ends up randomly firing only military personnel, thereby actually saving the economy and forcing the withdrawal of America's "we're the global police" stance

Except this would probably lead to a more pronounced and immediately apparent economic collapse than just firing the other federal employees not directly involved in the military industrial complex and all of its hydra-esque ties back to, uh, everywhere.

Funny, and morally probably needs to happen (or will? is? man who fuckin knows) but jesus this would be probably the quickest way to destroy the nation I can think of, and that's on top of Vivek's already insane plan to destroy the nation.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
To his credit Vivek is the most named after the bugfucker from Morrowind candidate currently running, it's true

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Raisins and pine nuts in meat balls are an old Italian grandma thing. Pretty great when done right too. I've heard of dates also being used elsewhere in similar style dishes from... Levantine cuisine, I think?

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

Picturing a family stalking a herd of these across the frozen tundra of the 2060s for sustenance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
It's nice that the terminally online highschooler has a terminally online highschooler's sense of humor when it comes to low hanging weed jokes.

Dave's not here, man. :elon: