Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Gologle posted:

You guys realize that's not the actual fatass posting that, right? I've unfortunately seen many examples of his twitter posts over the years, he isn't anywhere near that coherent.

Genuinely, I am unsure. Being a catty bitch is one of the few things about him that seems out with his handler's control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

What more can be said, except kill 'em all.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

JediTalentAgent posted:

This is maybe a good place to throw this out: Last year was the 10 year annv. of the death of Steve Jobs. Not hardly a peep anywhere I saw. Considering how emotional the world got in 2011 over it, I was expecting a LOT of retrospectives and thinkpieces and reevaluations of the man and his legacy to talk about how ten years without Jobs affected the world and technology.

Admittedly, my own knowledge of Jobs is rather limited, but I seem to recall for years that he mirrors Musk a bit: He was viewed as a tech saint, there were the tales of how he he could push people into creating tech no matter the stress, had some personality issues, lots devoted fan interest in branded products, etc.

To be fair, though, Jobs DID have a tech background so that seems to put him ahead of Musk, but Musk feels like he is getting the same sort of tech reverence from his fandom as Jobs did.

So, did Musk replace Jobs in the hearts and minds of the mainstream audience who were looking for a tech industrial messiah?

Oh poo poo, that's a pretty good point.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

ryde posted:

He also killed Hitler, thats gotta count for something!

Ah, but you forget that he ended up killing the man who killed Hitler.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

jeffreyw posted:

The Hunter Biden poo poo is hilarious because ultimately the story is about a rich kid who at some point trainwrecked his life with drugs and prostitutes. Everyone knows someone who has lived through a rough patch abusing alcohol and indulged in unhealthy relationships.

That's the thing - Hunter ruined HIS life. He didn't bring down huge companies with corruption in doing so.

The Rightists so want it to be the case. But it really ain't (I mean, one could argue that the usage of prostitutes is abuse because prostitution is majorly sexual exploitation... But they certainly wouldn't take that tactic, since that would involve empathy for sex workers)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Gros Tarla posted:

Are the white power folks really that bothered with Ye getting banned?

Him being black, famous and spouting their poo poo helps them because it means there's a bigger audience and more obfuscation clouding their genocidal tendencies.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Lol Elon thought he was in a safe space.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nah Dave doesn’t really talk politics like that from what I’ve seen. His is a much sadder thing.

People pointed out some of his jokes didn’t age well so instead of reflecting he doubled down repeatedly

Unfortunately, that IS politics now.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Oh boy!

Edit: Eesh what a snipe.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

PinheadSlim posted:

It's literally tech for the alt-right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-tech

Yes, everyone knows who good science and development went in Germany after they purged the scientific community of non-Nazis.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Why aren't people just replying to Musk with the final results of that poll 24/7?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Baby

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

BigglesSWE posted:

Elon is furious that he didn’t think of that first.

Also:
https://twitter.com/gretathunberg/status/1608735970131849217?s=46&t=WkGzJKzfx-af3JUWoMLVhQ

Take the bait Elon :allears:

Oh poo poo.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Scratch Monkey posted:

I read that graphic novel years ago and all I remember is that everyone is armed at all times, even children, and everyone fucks constantly

I remember one scene in which in the equivalent of the libertarian senate there's some kind of a major disagreement which results in people having a fist fight for a few panels before some captain of industry manages to rally the crowd with rationality or whatever and I remember thinking...

...they have guns. They would be shooting each other, not fist fighting.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Charles Ford posted:

The problem I have with it is that it was good to begin with, in a fairly shallow "funny silly scifi drunk man" way, then with "character development" just got more and more into "Rick is so depressed, let's explore that", but in a kind of boring drama way to put into a "cartoon which is attempting to parody characters from Back to the Future".

Roiland's other show "Solar Opposites" has the same problem, where it's about aliens just doing zany scifi stuff then extremely boring B plots about humans the alien kids shrunk down and live in a horrible society in the bedroom wall. It's like he thinks he's significantly better at the writing/producing/creation of these shows than he actually is.

Soooo... Roiland is effectively the cartoon-world version of J.K. Rowling, is what I am hearing.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

What did the coward delete?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Spectracide posted:

you gotta hand it to them

Well, it's not like they're ISIS or anything.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

...did Elon know that being the main character on Twitter was a BAD thing to be?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

armpit_enjoyer posted:

he's a redditor who desperately wishes he was cool enough to be a goon

I rotated that sentence around in my head for twenty minutes and realised how depressing it must be, to be Elon loving Musk

Lionel_Hutz_shudder.mp4

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

Every time I hear someone mention gamergate I remember that comically large amount of drama was started by some dumbshit trying so hard to justify doxxing his ex that cheated on him.

Also he registered an SA account just so that he could post his little manifesto here too and got immediately banned.

I remember that thread and how, even in '15 SA (2014? Oh, who really cares), he was laughed off the site.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

Whenever I think I might have failed to grow as a person, I remember that there are still people out there who to this day are still murderously mad about women in video games, and are literally 18 months away from being mad about it for an entire decade.

Holy gently caress Gamergate is going to be 10 years old next August and people are still mad about it.

It's so dumb

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Turbinosamente posted:

Wtf, that's how gamergate started? poo poo I feel like I'm getting trolled. All I ever knew was the initial fallout: a bunch of terrible, mostly male, people suddenly extremely mad that women make, review, and play video games too.

I mean, as others have pointed out, it didn't come out of nowhere because of the manifesto of Quinn's ex, but that was the starting gun - the shithead equivalent of Rosa Parks on the bus, if you will.

I remember the thread where that dumbass posted it in Games, and everyone laughing at him (rightfully). Then seeing the slobbering, psycho-nutters that came out in support over it and being utterly dumbfounded.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ghostlight posted:

To be fair, Steven Crowder isn't making that either :chaostrump:

Yeah, whatever happened to him?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Oh, so are you actually NOT rejected by your publishers? If reality has no basis in this, then how can this consequence be true? Unless... You actually WANT to be a persona non grata?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Wow, I guess the AI really was based.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Oh, the tweet I saw said he stammered and stuttered for like 20 minutes and looked like a huge dipshit

You sure that wasn't just a general description of him?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Applying the economic theory of disruption to physics.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Are we absolutely sure Elon wasn't replaced by a malfunctioning AI years ago?

For all my many critiques of these "AI"s I don't think even they would be this embarrassing. This is pure-strain home-grown all-human divorced boomer brain.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

And Elon and his like are incapable of dealing with him because in their minds, a person like that cannot exist.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I used to wonder how cults of personalities could be maintained without the implicit threat of violence, but now...

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

An insane mind posted:

Who the hell is Zuby? Am...am I out of touch?

No, it's Musk who is wrong.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

...aren't the headlights being THAT low a liability in the first place?!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

whatever posting cocktail of billionaire drugs fuels him, it seems to have a refractory period of a day or two before he can get back in the zone

If he hasn't yet blamed minorities for the Silicon Valley Bank crash nor made vague overtures to buying it and setting it right, he's definitely still asleep.

Peterson grabbed whatever Elon was mainlining, and the latter hasn't gotten it back yet.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Dabir posted:

Courgette is a foul vegetable unfit for human consumption in its raw form, but it works amazingly mixed into chocolate cake

They make for a better pickle than cucumbers.

Also, that one comment of Musk beginning to sound more and more like an chat program makes sense... Maybe he's so concerned about these programs not being like him because he thinks they are the only things that would WANT to talk to him.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1637331821439463425

Someone should probably do a welfare check on Elon.

Please succumb to it, Musk.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Lazyfire posted:

The thing is that there are a ton of legit reasons to hate on Gates. Because the foundation is heavily invested in companies like Pfizer he's consistently made arguments against generic medications and pushed for stronger protection of drug patents. The Gates Foundation is really just a mutual fund that says it's a non-profit, yet it somehow always manages to increase the assets it controls/liquid holdings while writing out relatively few grants. I'm not going to list everything here, but the Gates Foundation has a lot of things you can legit point to as problems and yet most of the conspiracy community decides Bill Gates is a vampire trying to inject you with nanochips.

Weirdly enough, they (the conspiracy community) remind me somewhat of hippies. Specifically, the ones who were on all the hallucinogens who then tried to... I dunno, share their experience. Sure - they can point to actual problems and repressive institutions, but instead of actually being able to explain why they are bad coherently, all they can do is provide some kind of...train-of-thought beat poetry, or parrot whatever gibberish a guru told them. And, like those hippies, they add nothing - if anything, they undermine people trying to stand up against the Gates Foundation.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Strategic Tea posted:

From my experience shouting at antivax protesters, they are the same hippies a few decades later. What a singularly worthless generation they were

Yeah, it was specifically on my mind because I'm reading The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. It shouldn't have come as a surprise they turned out that way - they already were that.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

If anything, it's illustrative as to how there can be people who think that real life 'NPCs' are a thing - they have no critical understanding of anything. They're as thick as pigshit and twice as repellent.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Here's the thing.

Even if there was a video where a black man was saying "yes, absolutely and literally kill all white people in America. Just gun 'em down in the street like dogs with their own guns", that's still one guy saying messed up things. You're a grown rear end adult and you should already understand that one guy saying hosed up poo poo does not mean ALL the guys who look like that guy share those opinions. poo poo, it's basically your loving battle cry every time one of your bros does a little mass shooting or sexually harasses or assaults someone.

So why is every individual non-white-cis-male person saying or doing something stupid suddenly universally applicable to everyone like them?

(I know why, but I'd still like to hear one of them try to explain it)

They are also overlooking that this would result in Elon being dead too, which, y'know, really adds a lot in favour to the 'kill all white people' camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

E the Shaggy posted:

Welp at least it'll be nice to not get Elon nutjobs and legacy verified folks confused in the near future

https://twitter.com/verified/status/1639029459557679104

There's a part of me that suspects this is Musk trying to do a lovely April Fool's joke.