Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

really weird coming from the guy with three wives and six kids

Three marriages.

Kids with three women.

And yet only two wives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Could someone who does interesting drugs speculate about what Musk is on?

Thanks in advance.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

kazil posted:

maybe Elon is just cutting a promo for google

Twitter CEO talking to advertisers?

Isn’t that illegal? 🤣

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Oh nooo I misread your post and thought you were making a joke of having to see a cspam poster you recognise from the forums posting in Facebook, and that they must be stopped. I sincerely apologise and am sorry you had to see what you actually saw

The Saddest Rhino finding new depths of sadness ITT

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Scientastic posted:

I dread to think what Twitter would look like if it turned any further to the right

It would look like Der Stürmer.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

kazil posted:

what the gently caress is he talking about?

“I’m not responsible for being overweight. It is my ancestors who are wrong.”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I like determinism as much as anyone, but it’s a belief that’s incompatible with a lot of other stuff he says, like how he made his fortune.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Musk could have just kept his hands off the site, let it run at a billion dollar annual deficit, and by 2050 its operating losses just might have totalled the amount that it’s lost in the last year thanks to his direct involvement.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Grimes has the palate of a child.

the spaghetti story if you haven’t heard it

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
It’s called the 𝕏𝔹𝕆𝕏 𝟛𝟞𝟘 because when you see it, it shifts five pixels to the right and spins away.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Excuse the useless red arrow.

People with that bumper sticker were not paying much attention, but it’s better than the ones that suggest that there was a time when Elon wasn’t nuts.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Oct 9, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I think that if a business is putting out a public statement on its own operations, it’s probably best that people don’t have to log in to read it, but what do I know?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

snoremac posted:

I'm curious where he got the idea that armies will "pretend to attack" to lull the enemy into a state of unreadiness for the real attack. I don't know much about war but that does not sound like a thing. There is feinting to distract the enemy from your intended target but that's not the same thing.

The Battle of Jericho, obviously.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

—Man who spent forty billion dollars to ban one kid reporting on his jet

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ShadowHawk posted:

Per Frontline, the event that drove him off the deep end was having his California Tesla factory ordered closed during Covid shutdowns.

The orders that he flouted and faced no consequences for violating?

(I have some idea of how little that narrows it down.)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Mangosteen-based beverages are better products than anything Musk has pushed in his entire life.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Handcranked posted:

So Tesla is apparently suing the Swedish government now because the postal service refuses to give them plates for any new cars, because of the union strike?
This will probably end well for Elong

Gonna take the postmaster general to the International Criminal Court in The Hague

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

But once everyone gets the woke mind virus, they’ll all have immunity. Let’s expose everyone in the Tesla factory to it.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

gschmidl posted:

Me, thinking about the Roman Empire:

I’m offended by this bastardisation of language.

“AD” must always precede the year.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BigglesSWE posted:

Only dorks use AD nowadays. Real troopers use BCE/CE.

I would also accept “AUC” in this instance.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Boring Company looking into this

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lol it’s whole a kitchen table

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Data Graham posted:

Did he actually "design" a submarine or did he just happen to have one built that could maybe be repurposed to do the task? I can't remember, I wasn't really paying attention at the time.

It's one thing if he had a submersible that Tesla or SpaceX had made for some reason and he was trying to make it relevant even if it was a bad fit. But if his response to the urgent need of kids trapped and dying in a cave was to ... kick off a design and R&D effort for a brand new project, uh

And you can just imagine being the various governments involved going, well er okay yes sir Elon that's very well sir but ... and you know, just tiptoeing around so as not to suggest they have anything less than the utmost confidence in the unfathomably wealthy super genius whose mind obviously works faster than any of theirs and they dare not incur his wrath or scorn or imply that he is anything less than the savior of humanity, because then he will not strew his largesse upon your country when the time comes to reap the rewards of being aligned with him, visibly part of his loyal retinue

it was made out of real* rocket parts op

maybeadracula posted:

Neither

It was basically a napkin drawing

And every cave expert said was either a total deathtrap or simply impossible

nah he fly-tipped it at the cave entrance

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rE8Xbe7V0w

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016443130017505280

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Ziv Zulander posted:

There were parts of the cave that were above water and you had to crawl through, I don’t think the submarine would have worked

Yeah, well, what do you know???

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1016684366083190785

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Buce posted:

or "idea"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

gschmidl posted:

Calling his pedo sub the Wild Boer sure is some top tier foreshadowing.

I assure you that Elon Musk was a dumbass prior to 2018.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

poisonpill posted:

"you've gotta hand it to him", he actually made more than one

It only took them four years to go from one semifunctional prototype to maybe five semifunctional prototypes.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Captain Hygiene posted:

Um actually, I believe you will in fact find that ten semifunctional prototypes will have been manufactured as of this Thursday. How does it feel to be so wrong? :chord:

Three is the most I’ve ever seen in one place.

I credited them with two more, because none of the pictured ones are black or have the “RC” decals.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Going to the junkyard to demonstrate how none of the other cars have this problem is next‐level. :discourse:

e: His software fix proposals are funny in a different way.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Nov 29, 2023

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Barometer posted:

I'm also catching up on this thread so this is from a few pages back but I'm wondering about the wiper fluid situation with these windshields...does it pour out from the top or get sprayed up with a wide nozzle, high pressure system? It's a lot of real estate to cover and one stupid three part wiper...and then there's the question of how much gets used per spray and how large is the reservoir under the hood?

There are cars with the sprayers mounted on the wiper arms, but I’m sure that Tesla can find a way to gently caress this up in a unique and interesting way.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

mobby_6kl posted:

He should definitely go if he's not woke

I don’t see any potential downsides here.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Hippocrass posted:

Watch as a bunch of cybertrucks explode for no reason.

“Absolutely no reason.”

Disables inventory tracking.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lol if he cheaps out on his drugs like he does everything else

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

kazil posted:

he postin again

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Aramis posted:

Edit: I'm sorry? The estimated prices includes expected gas savings? :lmao:, that's pathetic.

Gonna list a pair of shoes at a deeply negative price because you don’t have to buy, park, insure, maintain, and fuel a car when using them.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

delightful posted:

What do you think Elon's "peak" was? When those 2 rockets landed side-by-side I thought that was pretty damned cool but it has been 100% downhill since then.

That was after the child submarine incident, and there’s no way that his peak was after the child submarine incident.

My proposal is the day that the check he got for PayPal cleared.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Speleothing posted:

My god, remember 6 years ago when people pretended that Sandy Munro was a neutral arbiter from Big Auto who was just really excited about tesla's incredible technology and wanted to show you the teardown?

What an absolute shill.

It’s really funny that he’ll go on about how threaded fasteners are to be avoided, and yet,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1240754657263144960