Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

its all nice on rice posted:

"I bought a cloning company and made a clone of myself. I then transferred my consciousness into that clone. I am now that clone. Since it was created in Houston, I can now run for president."

Lol Elon reading altered carbon and thinking

":sickos:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Lol musk got his account suspended

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

No wait, it was a name alike

Lol me culpa

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Lol

Twitter is worth less to me than one of those massive frappes

Like if you asked me would you rather pay $8 for a frappe that obliterates twitter I would gladly drink it

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

That loving statue

Could have made some bicycles or something

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I'll allow it

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Lol

I deleted my twitter account because of a combination of mental health and adding to the anti pile of less twitter accounts

Twitter gave me a 2FA to deactivate and a 30 day window to reactivate if I changed my mind

So disabling 2FA disables a large swarth of account deactivations.

But now I can't reactivate my even if I wanted

Just a massive cluster gently caress

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

SilvergunSuperman posted:

He cares a lot about adulation though, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility especially if someone powerful or popular shamed him.

Your mistake is thinking that he has not been brain damaged from too much money

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Lol, the idea of Musk live tweeting therapy sessions is great

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Karate Bastard posted:

Or -as the kids these days say- Eat a dick unicycle boy!

:argh:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

A farting mink posted:

My twitter feed this morning was completely borked. Every fifth post was an add and most of them were for various Chinese travel destinations. The rest were those crappy quizzes nobody ever takes and the American Catholic League. Either the algorithm has completely forgot me or those are the only clients they have left.

Yeah I got twitter from some eastern European country

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Just remembered this dumb poo poo

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Pac and Cheese posted:

i'd bet musk money that he fantasizes about going back to that moment every second of every day

Yeah like, it's a real high point for him

It's the closest reality has come to reflecting his self image

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Lol E1 in the musk thread

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I assume you can't install hookup apps on his new phone https://twitter.com/ShannenJPEG/status/1596286232287330305

Lol imagine not being a holistic hedonist

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

As someone who actually has Tourettes I just wish the joke was coprolalia rather than Tourettes being short hand for "swears lol"

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

PhazonLink posted:

another reason south park is poo poo and its creators really should be milkshaked duck/canceled, their Tourettes episode.

I mean, they fairly accurately portrayed actual Tourettes in that episode. Like on a bad day I would fit right in with the episode

But it feels like someone cake and eat it too with Cartman coming out on top

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Proteus Jones posted:

Not to defend it too hard, but that's kind of the point of Cartman. He does lovely things and never really suffers consequences.

Oh for sure

I guess what I'm getting at is that the quantity of Cartman has a quality

Like if Southpark had gone for like 4 seasons and been a funny artifact of the late 90s it would be easy to look at it and appreciate the joke of Cartman

But given now that the show has been going for nearly 30 years now the joke has taken on new cultural cache where the Cartman identity has been formative for some discourse and the relationship between the fans and creators has been enabled to become reciprocal

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Anyway, we are getting a bit off topic because a mod got their nerve touched

Everyone get their South Park hot takes in and let's leave it on this page

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

heavy liquid posted:

I bought into his bullshit at first, but his submarine "pedoguy" incident really opened my eyes and it's only been downhill since. Crazy how far downhill, though.

Yeah I remember being into his schtick, apple future self driving cars

Sure, gently caress it, why not have star link 3d printing Bitcoin mining satellites in space it's pretty 420 epic Thanos bacon.

Then I saw his thing on the boring company and his big announcement on the revolutionary tech to make tunnels quicker to make was to drill them at half the size.

Like, no poo poo dickhole, small hole is quicker to build, but you have less throughput. Just seems like something approximately train size is the optimal way to convey many people at once

Once I realised that it was a simple facade to get VC funding it *all* made sense

Even my boomer father is lovely at him for ruining the night sky

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Buce posted:

new idea: you can order illegal drugs through twitter. grubhub for drugs. boom. done. next.

Already beaten to the punch

https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7g9v8/dispenseroo-london-tube-adverts

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Pronouns are meaningless and that's why me engaging with "the pronoun ritual" is...harmful?

Like , Jesus, I don't really have a foot in the LGBT sphere, and honestly I'm not the biggest fan of gender as a concept, and I spend most my day within a language that generally lacks it, but understanding that this person prefers these sounds to refer to them and respecting that is not some bastion of moral/societal decline It's having basic respect

Also lol, "kids in danger" mate , just wait till zoomers grow up and you are exposed to their 12th dimensional gender bullshit it's so loving good. Just a semantic social challenge of "just try and classify me" and I love it

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

JFC

This whole hullabaloo for

"Which effectively falls under the no spam clause"

Utter ignorance, face value dropkick

Big brain genius right here

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Twitter is a billionaire wanting to work as hard as possible to lose their money and still being incapable of losing billionaire status

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Money money is on total posting through it

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Holy pathetic poo poo batman

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

grittyreboot posted:

Don't shame Musk for his body. Shame him for his gross looking mouth. Imagine trying to make out with that thing.

No , don't think I will

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

No fighting in the war room

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Which comes first

Twitter physically not being able run , code rot/technical issues

Or

Twitter's value completely irreparably ruined

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

This poo poo is like if Elon made a dinky little single engine plane , marketed it as some transcendent innovation, had someone point out

"Hey Elon, your plane is maybe a bit small and dink to really be used for anything other than light cargo and training"

And Elon responds saying

"Well maybe you should read your flight text books because lift is generated by a differential in airspeed over the wing"

Like all he is doing in defense is describing the mechanics he isn't grasping , this level of ignorance is wild

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Can someone explain the thread title joke to me, I genuinely do not get the reference

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

CaptainSarcastic posted:

The title is a joke based on the title of a long-running American soap opera called "As the World Turns."

Ahhhh, I am not familiar with the soap, that makes sense

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Lol owned

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

It means musk is actually having to face a problem that requires actual thought, and not just buzz words and he is just looking at it saying

"Interesting, I agree with you"

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

Today I learned I would be considered black by the Apartheid era South African government. Interesting :elon:

Lol you think that's funny there is the whole honorary whites thing for the trip nations cup

The NZ team was black/Maori enough to be disqualified from playing professional football in apartheid era South Africa

So the powers that be made them "honorary whites" so they could legally play

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Is Stephen King a good author?

He's an author

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

No , but there is a passing resemblance

Jestery