Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

elon musk is a suck-rear end failman and I can't wait until one of his teslas drives him into a tree at 100 mph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

EorayMel posted:

Reminder elon musk can't smoke weed lol

only thing the dude can actually inhale is his own farts

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Carwash oval office posted:

If these forums are going to survive the coming free speech explosion, they must allow the british c word to flow freely.

:hmmyes:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1518623997054918657

place your bets on how long this will last lol

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i've never understood why any billionaire, or heck even multi millionaire, would post online at all. honestly I can think of so much rad poo poo to do with unlimited money that I could spend the rest of my life doing it. but I guess that's one of the many reasons I'm not one.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

vandalism posted:

Elon musk owns.

I will still never use Twitter and am flabbergasted that it is valued at 45 BILLION dollars. Proves that the dollar is pretty much worthless.

Free speech owns.

Also lol at the idea that a guy owning a website is somehow "dangerous to democracy"

Lol. Lmao.

free speech has nothing to do with social media websites or private companies dumbass

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Bad Purchase posted:

slight correction: the 1st amendment guarantee and legal protection of free speech has nothing to do with private companies. social media sites can promise free speech as a feature if they want (and if their goal is to become the absolute biggest cesspit possible).

yeah of course they can promise free speech, but the big difference is it isn't protected by law like actual free speech. if they decide they hate cats and don't want anyone posting pictures of cats on there they can delete them and ban anyone who posts them if they want to.

so when idiot right wingers start whining about free speech because they got banned from twitter it doesn't actually have anything to do with free speech. they can go make their own website and post whatever they want (which they have).

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i think elon is doing too much drugs (except weed cos he doesn't know how to inhale lmao) and hopefully they destroy his brain, then spacex fires his dribbling remains out of our solar system. that would be COOL.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

wait that gave me an idea.

he's an idiot so maybe we can trick him, by pretending aliens have made contact, and we need to send our greatest human to them so they can unlock the secrets of the universe for us. then we just fire him off into the stars and he can be their problem now.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

some say you can still hear elons ghost in the hallways of the old twitter building, if you listen closely on a dark night

grooooiiiimeesssss....

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

more like elon butts

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

remember when he pondered that grimes was an AI simulation made perfectly for him by his own brain or something. lmao that was funny.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i hate to say it but trump has played a blinder there like

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i was promised the world cup would send twitter over the edge and kill it

v disappointed right now :mad:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The Last Call posted:

I'm starting to think Trump wasn't actually lying, for once when this got tweeted

what i love about this pic is that musk looks like trumps android butler lol

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

mr musk uWu

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

*sees a trans person on tv*

THE WOKE MIND VIRUS!!!

*farts, shits self, passes out in a rage*

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

What an alpha....

(groimes, im da elpha in dis relashenship alroight?)
\

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Durzel posted:

Is he going to parrot his contextless Latin phrase at the end of this one, even though he’s powerless to actually do anything about it?

excitant mentem vīrus 🤣🤣🤣

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i just enjoy looking at the whole picture

it's beautiful to see

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

*bangs fists on table*

LOWER LOWER LOWER

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

lmao he's such a fuckin weirdo

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i dont use twitter

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

lol good poo poo. hope this kills it for good. anyone who didn't stop using twitter when musk took over is a total maroon anyway

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Someone should ask musk what exactly it means when he says x.com will be powered by AI. The answer would be absolutely nonsensical gibberish.

musk: well uh you see uh um with the uh power of, um with artificial intelligence. we can um, increase by an order of magnitude uh the um, projections of uh um reach and algorithmic trends to uh um make X the most uh um open and free uh um platform in the uh universe.

idiots: wow he's such a genius what a brain that guy has wowee

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Ringo Star Get posted:

I am getting some strong John Romero/Daikatana vibes from this.

ELON MUSK'S ABOUT TO MAKE YOU HIS X

(sidenote i just read john romeros new book and it was pretty good, he talks about everything that happened with ion storm etc)

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Mokotow posted:

Where the gently caress did they dig up Paris Hilton from

she's been popping up a lot recently as a business guru type. a bunch of people were like OMG WTF because her speaking voice is lower than when she was doing the dumb valley girl shtick.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Barreft posted:

No. It was posted here but I can't find it. All I can find on google now is him leaking his D4 character name. But the whole point is the 90 seconds of him completely drugged out telling people that yeah he's changing Twitter to X. I hate this SEO poo poo. I know it was posted here earlier

e: oh, here https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1dRKZMMdOLzxB

lol i love that you can hear the little *schwink schwink* of a sword or whatever diablo 4 stuff is happening in the background

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

explosivo posted:

Personally I think it's more fun buying confirmed very good weed legally and picking it up at a drive-thru window than meeting a guy in a car outside work for a bag of ???? while constantly being worried about getting arrested or being offered other poo poo I definitely do not want to buy. It should feel as mundane as buying a 6-pack because it is literally medicine for some folks and being treated like a criminal for it is decidedly not fun.

yeah as someone who lives in a country where it still isn't legal, even the best dealers are an absolute pain in the arse to deal with. the police don't give a poo poo if you're not dealing here, but still i long for the day i can just go to ye olde weed shoppe

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Boris Galerkin posted:

The thing that sucks about that google web drm thing is that all google basically has to do is implement it on their websites. They could require google.com, YouTube.com, and gmail.com (and all the subdomains like docs.Google.com) to load if and only if the browser loading the page supports the new drm feature.

So apple via safari could say “lol we’re not gonna implement that” and Mozilla via Firefox can say “lol not us either” but it won’t matter because literally every single person uses google or YouTube or gmail. And if those people complain that they can’t load their gmails or watch their videos then they’re just going to download and use chrome.

It will end up forcing apple and Mozilla to implement compatibility, because people aren’t going to give up on google/youtube/gmail.

Unless the courts step in but lmao fat chance of that happening.

tbh i have faith that because this is the internet someone somewhere will come up with an easy way to defeat whatever it is they implement. i mean piracy is even easier than it ever was despite decades of companies trying to fight it or come up with different types of drm

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

grimes in the lab with her friend making polymers

just cybr princess things

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Alan Smithee posted:

I have enjoyed grimes songs

Elon would probably do lovely white guy freestyle over a eurobeat

musk is already a musical artist

https://mixmag.net/read/elon-musk-drops-music-video-self-produced-edm-track-news

quote:

​Elon Musk drops music video for his self-produced house track

‘Don't Doubt Your Vibe’ is the soundtrack to the latest Tesla advert

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOEWUm6aGPg

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

after killing hundreds of monkeys musk finally thinks the neuralink is working and he's going to try to upload himself to X.com

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

what a dumbass, it's joints and blunts that you blaze, not glory

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

lol ket is such a teenager party drug. classic musk.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

The Saddest Rhino posted:

He's harbouring a decades long grudge because Peter thiel wouldn't let him rename PayPal as x

yeah its basically this ^

https://every.to/p/twitter-s-future-is-a-return-to-elon-musk-s-past

thiel and some other dude ousted him because he was a dumbass and his vision for X (paypal) to be a "global financial nexus" was gong to bankrupt them, and they wanted paypal to become what it actually did in the end.

and it was very successful once they booted him, so musk is still trying to prove that his X.com vision was the real genius idea.

the internet is very different these days so it's slightly modified to do everything people do with the internet now (like others have said, basically a wechat ripoff). but the paypal thing is definitely why he's so desperate to pivot the new X.com into finance and banking.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Parkingtigers posted:

Two things -

1/ Twitter ads no longer say "promoted" down in the bottom left corner of the tweet, now it's a smaller "Ad" in the top right so you don't instantly twig that it's an advert.

2/ This is a real advert on Elon's hellsite:

https://twitter.com/Feet_Whisperer/status/1685329518637023232?s=20

tarantino sock puppet acct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Elon AI is going to be the best and easiest product ever. It’ll just rotate between the usual five reply phrases, accusing either the prompt subject or the user of being a pedophile, making an outdated joke that wouldn’t have been funny in 2002, and making a completely unrelated promise of his product taking over the world.

"🤣🤣🤣"

"concerning"

"working on it"

"!"

and thousands of idiots will believe it's fully self aware