Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Been in as caprine since this game was brought up in the idle thread. Very much in corn jail doing the stupid quandary questline and waiting for a fuckin Runestone 11 to drop so I can unlock the next zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Tahirovic posted:

Quick question, does the game sync work well enough between iPad and iPhone? It says it works but before I get into this, I'd like to know for sure.

I don't have either of of those but swap between desktop and android all the time so it's probably fine. It's basically a browser game with a mobile app that connects to the server.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Munkeylord posted:

Are the inferno and lava spheres consumables?

Simply owning the spheres gives you access to the zones they unlock. Shove one of each in the storehouse so you don't accidentally vendor it or something.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Incredible prank by the devs to put a quest for yet more corn in this anniversary event

edit: quests, plural, lmao

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Agent355 posted:

Okay there is an inventory cap per item, is there also a cap on number of items? Because giving how this crafting and quests look it sorta feels liek I should just horde every last thing until I'm sure I don't need it and/or I need money for some reason.

nope, just horde em

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

rafikki posted:

The billion upgrade also gives you a ton of farm exp. I saved my purchase for one of the events with bonus exp and it took my from the low 80s to mid 90s if I remember right. Easily at least 10 levels I think.

Yeah I did the billion farm row last night and it took me from mid/high 80s to 97

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Moldy Sausage posted:

Yeah the flier in particular seems to have a much lower drop rate than the others. That’s the point where I just gave up the gold fish quest until I can get mealworms and just started fishing exclusively with nets.

If you're short on fliers but have a surplus of other golds, you can try swapping for them at the wishing well.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Vasler posted:

Been a week of growing corn and still no runestone 11.

I think I was around 6000+ corn grown when I got my first Runestone 11. Now there's another quest for another Runestone 11, and I'm at 8000 corns and haven't gotten it yet.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but Borgen's Camp is selling me Gold Leaf. Hope you love grinding Ember Lagoon for ancient coins.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Saxophone posted:

So I’ve got runestones 1-10. Should I be doing A way Forward or do I just turn these into a magma ball straight away?

A Way Forward will give you the ball for free at end, so do that.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Saxophone posted:

Blah, I did the quest line and it just sort of ended.

And now I have no sphere. I’m 63/43/59/54.

Guessing it picks up when I level fishing more maybe?

Yeah, get to fishing 45

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Vasler posted:

Still growing corn with no runestone. Been nearly 3 weeks now. Rip. Or maybe 2 weeks? Hard to tell.

If you truly want to suffer, you can look at the Mastery page to see how many corns you've harvested without getting the runestone.

I got the runestone after 6000+

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Koryk posted:

What is the deal with salt? A fairly uncommon explore that takes 50 to make one? And I need 100s of it?

Yeah don't bother chasing that Salt quest until you unlock Whispering Creek. It'll still take a while but it'll drop much faster than in the other zone and you're getting better explore xp from it.

I've finally escaped Corn Jail and now I'm in honey/herbs/salt purgatory, but still too poor to get L6 pets.

Orchard is maxed to inventory size, bought the 1B farm row and storehouse upgrades, and just hanging out. Levels are 98/86/94/83 so should I start farming harder for nets to get 90 fishing? I have Large Island unlocked and should get to 1000 streak for the the xp bonus.

Are thre any good sources for antler besides Forest and the pet? (don't say wishing well lol)

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

rafikki posted:

The tower has some poo poo ones too. Still slowing plugging away at needing 150 of each golden fish.

i just got to the one that wants 20 of five different ones and i'm already annoyed lol, guess I gotta start saving up for a capybara?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

rafikki posted:

Yeah, honestly I’m pretty much relying on that and the wishing well. I’ll occasionally do some fishing but even with mealworms I don’t have much patience for that many drat casts.

Oh I'm not 99/99/99/99 yet so hopefully by the time I get to that point I'll have 6b lying around so I can start that grind I guess? I have no interest in mashing out a thousand fish so I hope this Find A Way questline isn't load-bearing lol

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Exchange Centre (and a new quest gated by the Exchange Centre) just went live. If you still need Gold Leafs, well... hope you have Gold Feathers

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Koryk posted:

Spend enough time in corn jail and she starts to worry about you!

The daft punk reference late in the chain made me actually laugh out loud

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Klungar posted:

Do you already have Green Dragon? (I know the answer is No, since you don't have Exploring 85 yet) You should save up your money and buy that before you buy any of the other pets you mention. And once you do, you should buy Snake > Frog > Squirrel > Red Dragon, before you get to Husky/Armadillo. This will allow you to earn back your Silver much faster than your proposed order.

Took this advice then accidentally clicked Red Dragon instead of Green Dragon lol whoops.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Klungar posted:

Whoops! Certainly don't get it to Level 6 yet, but Level 3 is nice for free Green Cloaks and Lanterns at least...

Yeah got it to 4 and still have half a billion left, hopefully next time I don't misclick like a dumbass.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Today's Community Centre is already fulfilled, you can get 10 steaks for a single trout, and you can float the steaks outside your inventory for a week by not collecting the reward.

Also don't forget to fill your storehouse too.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

DRINK ME posted:

I tend to forget the locksmith exists until I need something that comes in bulk from chests or bags, so I’ve got hundreds of chests and bags and keys. I took Borgen up on his cheap OJ offer and opened all of my Medium Chest 01s - 50 AC, 100 Apples, 1 Grape Juice.

Not sure what I’m going to do with all the banked stamina yet but I guess I won’t have worry about running out ever again.

tremendous post + username combo

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I finally unlocked the new Pirate's Cove and I haven't even fished there yet, I'm just gonna stockpile Large Nets til July 4th lol

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

campfire posted:

if you can restock your LNs before the weekend, its worth dumping them because the GM silver sell bonus aint nothin to gently caress with, i get around 9.2m per LN from PC

e: sorry for double post

Nah I'm only making about 1100 antlers a day from raptors so I'm not even at max inventory yet.

Also I'm not Exploring xp capped so I'm not willing to explore in Forest either.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Drank every last drop of juice/cider/raw apples and hit 99 exploring with like 12 billion silver, aside from capybara what pets should I get to L6?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

I don't even see how this could be possible?

Think they mean first one to level up to 6.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Where do I get an anglerfish? It's item info doesn't list a finishing location.

Only source is the Macaw pet

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Unponderable posted:

Unless you can touch the game every 20 minutes all day I'm not sure how voiding is avoidable if trying to get to 99 as quickly as possible. It's taken several hours of mushroom growing per day for me not to void garnets, much less getting all the twine, stone, and bottles to use the oak.

If you're playing on desktop you can have a separate tab open to the Farmer's Market and press Sell Unlocked every time you use 5 ciders I guess. It gets more convoluted if you're trying to craft all that extra Oak instead of vendoring it. Though if you're on mobile that seems far less viable.

Once you're at 99 Explore I guess you can use stamina on the Forest to get mushrooms since you're not desperate for WC's xp.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When you get your first ten billion, do NOT excitedly slam it into a farm row instead of the storehouse lol. Did that over a week ago and only now got around to my second ten bill.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Kaboobi posted:

definitely get every pet (except the penguin and maybe the owl) up to level 6 before the 10th farm row

Onion seems immensely not worth ten billi, to me

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Under ideal conditions (all negotiator perks including the tower one acquired, beet and sunflower at least mastered), a level 6 onion takes just under 100 days to pay for itself.

Yeah that feels far worse than a 10th farm row

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

rafikki posted:

That poll asking about fishing a couple of weeks ago disappeared. I have to believe that the majority saying it wasn’t that bad just haven’t reached the endgame grind.

The people taking the poll are people that are still playing the game, and not all the people who quit because manual fishing is loving obnoxious.

The blue glop for grab bag 7 eases it a bit for people that don't have capybara, but it prob still sucks rear end even with that.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Jayme posted:

Finally got past the herb grind of ATI I, now to... wait for 250 more honey to roll in for part II. At least I can start working on building poo poo for the following parts while I wait!

I'm at the part where I either have to wait for pets and wishing well to give me all these bugs and lizards and poo poo, or beg in giveaways, so uhhh, I'm not in a rush I guess

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

koshmar posted:

They've added reward buttons under all the jobs now, and golden peppers were one of the rewards. You may need to refresh.

That's in beta.

Craftworks is live for the rest us freeloaders though, and a new pet.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

rafikki posted:

Lots of steel plates required which takes a lot of small bolts. I’ve dropped like 40 gold on expeditions so far but now I’m just risking the wrath of the wyrm.

I spent most of my million stamina doing the milk and tp quest line so I didn't have to waste gold on wyrm dodging

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

You can also get Anglerfish from a personal help request, but Macaw is very much worth getting anyway.

Oh! I was wondering how I got goldfish without leveling the owl to 6.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Klungar posted:

Here is what the spreadsheet has for me, with Blue Tiger Fish being my most recent GM’d fish:

I know I’ll eventually go and polish those off, but it’s basically going to cost me 25.3B to get Seahorse, and that’s without considering any event bonus.

Do you have a link to this spreadsheet? I've been slacking on a lot of my masteries and I should get my rear end in gear since I got all the available quests done aside from Giamics and Way Back, and I'm currently at Tower 53

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

DRINK ME posted:

Hopefully this works. If not it’s under Community Guides, Fish Mastery Calculator by WhatTheFox.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/17Zti-d6rqTIJtgQlBfLP3YQQoPIXY2QW/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msexcel

I used this one and it was really great. I’ve completed all the easy and some of the tougher ones - 41 fish masteries all told - but haven’t been working on them since I got to tower 110. I’ve got 900 AK at the moment but I want to put my silver into other things.

Yep that works! What do the LN Cube and LN Trawler headings mean?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

H110Hawk posted:

Should I be throwing grape juice on stuff to try and level farming? Assuming I am even with grape -> juice production -> consumption in a given day.

Yes, you should be max juicing whatever crop takes the longest (Cotton/Beet/Rice/whatever) every day.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Vault guesses is just saving you ancient coins isn't it? I don't know what a good gold:AC ratio would actually be, but I'm likely never gonna get it lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Xerol posted:

Yeah I just do not have the inventory space (until tower 100) or the time to click through in small batches to use up all my chests/grab bags/etc.

e: Also I turned off the halloween theme because it made the site completely illegible on desktop but it seems fine in that screenshot; was it updated after the original release or does it just look different on a phone?

mine looks fine on phone app and desktop browser, do you have some extension that screws with colour schemes?