Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
The fabled Squirrelaja is theoretically even stronger than Bearaga, but I think at this point it's practically impossible to test, what with the Matrix version being delisted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
He definitely did win a Run once

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Twelve by Pies posted:

I feel like it must have been last year that he won, because the closest I remember him getting to winning was a couple years back where he was the first one into the Void, but he was like "I FORGOT TO GET ALL THE WEAPONS" and that put him behind to the point where he got third or something.

I remember that happening to Puwexil once...

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Cattail Prophet posted:

Guessing this probably just guarantees two 750 jobs and two no750 jobs. Not that exciting for me personally, but nice for people who like having balanced parties. Maybe there's an extra twist, though?

My initial guess was 750 for Wind & Water (where the actual rod-breaking classes are) and then No750 for Fire & Earth, but it could certainly get... weirder than that.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
!Gaia can carry a party in a lot more instances than it's generally given credit for, honestly.

Dancer and Zerker can carry you through the rest, given enough chances.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Doom Goon posted:

Doing #350 #BERSERKERRISK myself.

I actually find Monk Dancers pretty hilarious so I'd enjoy that team lol.

Dancing Monks were actually a pretty key strategy for one of the runs a few years ago

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

FeyerbrandX posted:

When I wrote that I meant that team has nothing but artful dodger to slap on berserker, since !Gaia doesn't pass the magic stat, and goon is weaker in every way, so Berserker can only benefit from agility boost.

Artful Dodger is a top tier passive for Zerky, honestly. Up there with Equip Harps

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I think I've settled in to Random being my favorite mode. Chaos is fun but the chance for dupes isn't, and PureChaos replaces dupes with Free/Mime, which I'm not sure I want to play with at this point.

Also, once you've finished the entirety of World 1 with four Geomancers once the appeal kind of wears.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I've picked up enough Zerks randomly on my own to bother with ZerkerRisk, honestly. Maybe if I could manage more than one run per summer.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Any word on who the runners will be this year?

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Jose Valasquez posted:

The usual suspects from what I understand

bowie, yaga, DD, elmagus

Well, three of those four have been streaming The Run routing the past few days.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Countblanc posted:

gotcha, thanks. though maybe i shouldnt have actually checked

Wow, look at this party of somewhat-to-incredibly underrated jobs.

Good luck with World 1 though

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I'm still stuck trying to get Thieves and Monks pretty Byblos

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Byblos was a pain, but I finally got through, now I have the un-enviable team of Thief-Monk-Bard-Dragoon, and I honestly don't know what to do here.

Thief gets !Focus for Chicken Knifing

The rest though?

I could give Bard HP+30% so she can survive more than a light breeze
Barehanded is a +8 Str for the Dragoon... or maybe +11 Agi for Artful Dodger
Monk can get... I don't even know. Equip Spears? !Sing, when I need more than one? By end-game I can sing Monk to better punching I guess

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
So one neat thing I learned, at least in the GBA version; Kick doesn't cure Confuse. Wonder if that works for Sleep as well..

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Bruceski posted:

I missed it, but DD actually came second this year, didn't he? The guy's a pretty good runner when he isn't trying to do something "clever". But we love him for it.

They won, actually, though it took a Yaga wipe to NED for them to catch up

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Is there an enemy in World 2 you can confuse to get float? Thinking about singing turtles to death for fun and profits

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Reload a save from the Barrier Tower and jack a bunch of Fire Rings from chest red dragons?

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
What's the best way to deal with Melusine when you can't do elemental damage?

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Unreal_One posted:

What else do you have in your tool belt? Knowing your classes is needed for any sort of real answer.

Thief, Monk, Dragoon, Bard.

Bard can only carry for so long

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Nothing is Bard Proof

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
What's the deal with Quantum Bard again? How does it work?

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Mustached Demon posted:

We need a name toxx so here goes y'all:

:toxx:
$2 for each Butz named Sanger (founder of PP) on up to $100. Names also acceptable: services PP provides so mamo, pap, BC, choice, etc.

girl dick energy posted:

I just got an unexpected windfall, so here's another :toxx: I've been considering.

There Are Even Twelve Of Them: $2 for every run that gets all the tablets and, thus, all the Legendary Weapons. Screenshot of your inventory is fine for verification. Max number of runs I'll be accepting TBD, but I'm thinking $24. (Twelve of them!)

(Friendly reminder that you don't need to beat Leviathan, you can just leave after grabbing the tablet! :ssh:)

Here's all 12 for the pile

Ace Transmuter fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 20, 2022

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I was starting to worry that maybe I had overblown how good the Bard is, but after watching my Bard carry my arguably trash-tier team (Thief, Monk, & Dragoon) not just barely, but breezing through basically every boss. Against NED I was cranking out over 20k physical damage per turn. From the BACK ROW

If Chemist is the best job, and it is, Bard is very seriously a strong contender for a not-too-distant second

Ace Transmuter fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 20, 2022

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

nrook posted:

Wow. Bard really is ridiculous versus NED.

I knew it was going to be easy, but I didn't know it was going to be that easy.

You could do what I did: the stupid Zombie Hide trick. The trick is simple. First, you put Reflect Rings on some of your characters. Second, you get them turned into zombies: The "Necromancer" enemy in the Rift can do this. (It is more likely to cast Zombie Powder if you deal 3000+ damage to it first.) Third, you go fight Shinryu, zombies in tow. A non-Zombie party member Hides, and Shinryu very very slowly deals damage to itself reflecting Atomic Rays off the zombies.

I did it with one zombie this round (due to my own :toxx:, I had only the one reflect ring) and it took around 90 minutes, and that was with 4x speedup. So, uh, have somewhere to be. At least it's better than quickleak because you can see something is actually happening.

If one of your jobs is Beastmaster, you can give them the Fire Lash, and the zombie will just constantly bounce Firagas off of themselves

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
The strategy definitely works in the GBA version, but yeah, technically !Hide is supposed to be an instant flee if that's possible (and it is with Shinryu) and everyone is either hidden or dead. Can't seem to find any references to the strat outside of the GBA version though.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Thief can just farm Flame Ring steals from the Red Dragon chests in Barrier Tower, which is a much better solution than grinding out Reflect Ring drops to deal with the crystals

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

girl dick energy posted:

Picking jobs based on whose outfit you like most is the objectively correct choice.

This is why Krile is objectively the best White Mage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I got Warrior, Priest, and Mage, which seems the most big standard party, but then I've never played this game before, so