Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Only just started playing this last month, both last season and this having a hard time getting out of the low 50's. I refuse to pay money into it, so maybe that's why? Like...there are a lot of good cards I have not gotten from the random drops... I have no Wong, Mystique, or Leader, for example. I lose a LOT to Wong decks...seems I only draw Cosmo into my hand if I'm not playing a Wong deck. At least I tend to do a good job winning against most "destroy" decks with use of Cosmo and/or Armor.

I'm sure PLENTY of other people already know this, but it seems Warrior Falls triggers before Sunspot gets the extra energy. I think that's a bunch of BS, since I just lost a game because of it thinking it was going to work the other way. I was mostly mad because I PERFECTLY predicted what they were going to do. They had a move deck, and had Vulture and Kraven on the middle location, nothing on the Warrior Falls, and 2 empty spots on the left location...I was drat sure they they were going to Heimdell on the Falls (since, in their mind, Heimdell-ing in the middle would leave me winning the Falls, and I could easily play a Hulk or even Abomination in the middle to win against Heimdell, so I knew that they knew their only hope was Heimdell on the Falls), leaving their middle location empty. So I just put a single 1 cost card there, and let my extra energy pump up Sunspot to 9. But, as said, Falls triggers before Sunspot. According to card wording, this is absolutely backwards. Sunspot is "at end of turn" and Warrior Falls is "AFTER each turn." The END of a turn comes before, because you have the end of a turn, then the turn is over, THEN you can enter the "after the turn" phase.

I'm also annoyed that what I feel like SHOULD be called "ongoing" abilities, like Sunspot or Kraven,...aren't. I mean, Ongoing is obviously just whatever ones they label as "Ongoing" but...they functionally ARE ongoing. I'm guessing the only reason cards like that don't have their abilities labeled as "ongoing" is because it would mess with cards like Onslaught? Like...do you double ALL the extra power Sunspot's gotten the whole game? Likewise all move power Kraven got?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

the_american_dream posted:

Zoo players who snap before seeing Killmonger are braver than the troops

Sounds like "zoo" decks are the ones full of mostly small things getting buffed?

Yeah, just had a match against one, and it was the zoo-iest. ALL of their cards before turn 6 were 1-cost cards. Granted, I might have lost, but I finally drew my Killmonger on turn 5, then put him out on turn 6 (he snapped end of turn 4, I snapped once I got Killmonger.) Didn't even play an Armor or Prof X anywhere to protect their cards...bizarre play style.

So...if I'm seeing the shop right, the ONLY way to get a card that's not random is buy the one-card-at-a-time with Collector tokens, or the bundles with gold? Though right now, the two bundles I see are mostly just variants of cards I have (a Sunspot one and a Fantastic Four one...the only new card I would get is a Doom from the FF bundle, I already have Sunspot, Reed and Sue.)

I see I can also buy individual variants for gold, but those are all variants of cards I already have...not sure if that's by design or just coincidence?

Just weird cause I've seen posts asking "should I buy X or buy Y?" and I'm curious if they just saying "IF I see those pop up i the shop, should I get them?" or if there's some other way to browse/buy cards I'm not aware of?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Cheap fodder for Carnage or Venom, especially if you can pump her up in any way for Venom.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Lawen posted:

I'm really going to miss Vormir. I've gotten like 25 rank in the last day and a half with this deck.

I have nearly the same Destroy deck. I don't have Death or Deadpool yet...in place of Death I just have Venom, and I have Squirrel Girl just to give easy fodder for Carnage and Venom, and then the last Squirrel (or the Girl herself) I take out ideally with a Deathlok or Killmonger.

I also ditched Wolverine cause...eh? I prefer Sabertooth's functionality so I can save him for a turn 6 drop somewhere he's needed. Although obviously if a Sanctum Santorum or Luke's Bar pop up, then I miss having Wolvy since there's a chance to get him there.

Edit: I can't say for certain I've seen ALL the heroes+villains that are out so far, but I gotta say I'm impressed with how obscure I think some of them are. I'll admit I haven't been a giant reader of Marvel lately, but I read enough of them in the 90's and early 2000's that I have a pretty good grasp on a lot of characters, and I still have no clue who people like Hell Cow and The Infinaut are.

Edit: Whoa, had a weird interaction that I THOUGHT the devs said they patched/fixed?

Someone played an Iron Man, Blue Marvel, and Onslaught on Onslaught's Citadel.

So Onslaught and the Citadel both double ongoing effects. So Blue Marvel gives +2 to Iron Man and Onslaught from the location doubling the effect, which should then turn into a +4 from Onslaught doubling it again. But it got turned into a +6. Ok, sure, so we're at 22 power (3 from Marvel, 6 from Iron Man getting his +6, and 13 from Onslaught getting a +6.)

Again, double ongoing effects twice is x4, so it SHOULD be 88...but we saw before that what should be a +4 from Marvel was a +6, so I guess it's going 3x? So maybe it will be 110?

It was 1408.

64 Times.

Someone good at math please help me understand how that happens?

I don't think my opponent had any desire to win, since he only played two other cards (the Cosmo on far left, and then a Warpath before the Iron Man I Shang-Chi'd two turns earlier.) and didn't Snap, I did.

Double edit: Oh, just realized the Citadel doubles Onslaught's doubling, so that's some of the confusion...that's how we get the +6 from Blue Marvel...and Iron Man's power is an Ongoing so it gets triple-doubled. Got it.

So I think they fixed the death-stack from the On Reveal doubles from things like Kamar-Taj, Wong, and Odin to be additive, but haven't made a similar change for the Ongoing powers.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 22, 2022

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Jedit posted:

Onslaught is doubled by Citadel, so he causes all ongoing effects to apply two additional times. Iron Man is x2, doubled to x4 by Citadel. So it's 4*4*4, which is 64.

Yeah, I caught that in my edit.

So... They're going to patch that out, right? Cause they changed the big On Reveal stacks with someone like Iron Heart and Wong+Mystique+Kamar+Taj+Odin to additive, so still a lot (like 16 potential stacks of Iron Heart) but not absurd like this.

Or was that change just because it took too much time to watch, like, 64 repeat animations?

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 22, 2022

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

buffalo all day posted:

New season drops you 30 ranks from the highest multiple of ten you are at at the end of season. So 69, 65, 61 all drop to 30, but 70 drops to 40. Highly advantageous to get from the end of one to the beginning of the next if you can.

Which rank drops? The pink season pass rank, or the black rewards rank?

I'm at 91 in the pink, 67 in the black, but previously hit 71 and got that reward so if that's the one that drops 30 from the lowest ten, I'll have to get back to 70?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

buffalo all day posted:

Black rewards rank. If you’re 67 you'll drop to 30, so need to climb back to 70 if you want to drop to 40.

And I assume that means when the new season starts and I'm at 40, I'll just start with all those rewards from ranks 1-40?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

goferchan posted:

I never noticed myself playing against a significant number of bots but since the new season and rank reset they are undisputedly like over 50% of my games (with the dead giveaways like "impossible" card cosmetic upgrades) -- and these aren't the Deep Blue genius cheater bots either, they're full-on stupid ones that basically play like they're being controlled by Agatha. Not complaining because I am rocketing up the ranks, but it's weird, I didn't have this happen at all with the last couple rank resets.

My bot rate seems to be 50% "playing as bad as Agatha or Ego" where yeah, they make the dumbest moves (I've seen Ironheart played with no other cards on the field...) and easily could have won and 50% "wrecks my poo poo."

Then there are the matches where I'm not sure if it's a bot that, IDK, influences the deck/randomness? But ones where things like Jubilee ALWAYS pulls the best card it could (like Odin when they have Iron Heart and White Tiger in that lane...and the Tiger will ALWAYS go to the lane it needs to, somehow.) I swear, when I use Jubilee or Lockjaw they always pull the least useful card in that scenario. Or a Zabu deck that ALWAYS plays him on turn 3, whereas I'm running like a 70% rate of having to retreat with my Zabu because I don't have him by turn 4...first time I payed for a season pass, might be my last cause I'm not making good progress, here!

I'm also mad that nearly every good meta-deck I've seen, I'm missing, like, one card from still. Don't have Wave, or Psylocke to get other cards out early...don't have Dracula for the decks revolving around him, don't have Wong yet (got him pinned in the token shop, at least) don't have Magneto to make good use of Kingpin, etc... but that's just the nature of a FTP card game, so eh.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Can someone explain to me how this happened?

My opponent played a 1 cost Vibranium on Crimson Cosmos. Shouldn't be possible. It didn't start off as Westview, either, it was Crimson Cosmos from turn 1. Opponent played that on turn 4.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Quackles posted:

Quinjet made the Vibranium, which did not start in their deck, cost 0. So, it bypassed Crimson Cosmos's restriction.

Zodack posted:

I believe Quinjet made it cost 0, which is not 1, 2, or 3
Oh right.

I still get mixed up on the "1-cost card" vs "card that costs 1" terminology. I don't know what they could do to fix that, it just seems like really sloppy mechanics/terminology...like, it is ever explained anywhere is some official Snap document in-game that those mean different things, or is it just a "gotta play a bunch to figure that out"?

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 4, 2023

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

doingitwrong posted:

Yes. I have encountered this and a few other things like it. Mysterio does a lot of edge case weird things with his clones which I assume is down to how they needed to hard code him to behave in the way he does.

Is that cause Mysterio the only card (that I know of) who creates other cards where the cards are actually PLAYED? As in, they trigger effects from Bishop, Angela, et all?

Cause other cards like Doom, Squirrel Girl, and Ultron all just say "add" or "create" (and why are THOSE different terminology?) not specifically "PLAY."

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Vulpes posted:

The way I figure it, anyone desperate enough to drop that much money on the game needs my 8 cubes more than I do.

Speaking of dropping money, I can't believe I'm seeing so many of those anime waifu avatars.

I mean, granted, I say this as both someone who does not care about anime anything, and ALSO does not really care about card variants, so I'm hardly one to judge. But still...$50?!

V V V I guess if one doesn't already HAVE Sera and is really desperate to try her out in decks, more power to them. There money (I hope, and not, like, kids stealing their parents cards or whatnot) V V V

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 4, 2023

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Really hate discard/Dracula decks. You can't stop Dracula at all. It's not a reveal or ongoing, so unaffected by Cosmo or Enchantress.
And the discard is end of game, so can't even use a Shang-Chi if your opponent has priority.

I know I can ignore that lane, but with so many locations that you can't play or make it hard, that's not always an option.

The meta getting crazy... Need a doc doom to put a doom bot on deaths domain or sanctum... Need shang chi for high power cards...need a Cosmo and enchantress to stop Wong and Zebu, respectively.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 5, 2023

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

We're doing Tips of the Day in comic sans now?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/WillowSnapping/status/1611575200923148288?t=T2wS-xyvRcHYEHLQu4WxVw&s=19

February looking to be an Ant-Man based season? Makes sense with the movie coming out, like they did with Wakanda Forever.

I don't know if M.O.D.O.K or Living Tribunal have much to do with Ant-Man (I think Living Tribunal was more Cosmic-Based? So you'd think it would have been in the Silver Surfer season?) but Ghost, Stature (who I think is Cassidy/his daughter?) And Kang certainly are associated with Ant-Man.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Skippy McPants posted:

Ghost looks like the most powerful card in that set. The ability to select your priority is crazy good.

Yeah, really helps with cards like Shang-Chi and Entrantress.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

How did my opponent play Black Bolt on turn 3?

There was no energy gain location, or cost reducing card played.

Turn 1 Luke's Bar flipped neither of us played. Turn 2, The Hub flips and I get.my Black Bolt.

I played Forge on Luke's, flipped first, and they played Witch to transform it to Shadowland.

Turn 3 Hellfire Club flips, I play Zabu, and they somehow played Black Bolt, destroying an Angela I had in my hand.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Sounds like Morph? Maybe?

Oh, yeah that must be it. I thought I was playing close attention, but I guess I missed the first couple seconds of the reveal.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Whoopi Goldberg Numinus card when, Marvel?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

No Wave posted:

Also mystique's text is wrong.

What's wrong about it?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Lol, they still don't even address the Vormir issues? I guess technically everything WORKS, but sure is annoying when both you and opponent play, like, a Wolverine or Bucky on it and it takes ages to finally resolve both.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I don't care that its ability fits the theme for Asgard stuff, Mjolnir should not be an "On Reveal" ability. Makes no sense.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I don't think I'll ever be convinced that there AREN'T bot/AI decks that change "on the fly" based on cards I played.

I had a standard Wong/Ironheart deck, opponent was doing a Destroy deck. Everything normal up to turn 6. There were your Deadpools, Bucky, Carnage, Venom, Sabertooth, etc...

Turn 6, I had Invisible woman on a location, behind her was Wong, and I didn't draw into Odin, but I did draw into Surfer and Ironheart, who both got played on turn 6 ( had a Zabu and Rhino already out so they could benefit, plus Ironheart would also get the +3.)

He played Juggernaut on that location. I get that Juggernaut is one of those "well, it can work well in ANY deck!" type of things, but man, it just seemed really loving convenient for that card, on THAT turn, and not, like, Death or something else.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

RevKrule posted:

You cannot play a card in the location she was played in no matter where it moves to. It's an edge case interaction but yes.

The card says "here" but it should read location.

Yeah, same (but reverse of what you want to do) with Rescue, though with her the animation effect is pretty apparent that it stays with the location she was originally played at.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Is it worth it trying to run a Discard deck if I don't have Gambit, Moon Knight, OR Dracula? It seems at least ONE of those is pretty key.

I've been trying, cause I keep losing to them, but it's the typical BS of drawing Hela, and not Apocalypse, so she goes away from Sif...or maybe I have both but you all know which one Sif is going to discard!

And then either NOT getting Ghost Rider to bring her back, or Ghost Rider' brings back someone else that got discarded earlier from Blade or Colleen.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Push El Burrito posted:

I don't care about ranks of cubes but I do care about finishing missions and drat it took me over a dozen games last night to beat my "win 4 matches" mission. I was getting bulldozed every game no matter what deck.

I'll take any number of "Win X Matches" missions over "Win a location with 1 card" or even worse "Win a location with less than 10 power."

Sometimes I cheat those and retreat when meeting the win conditions of the mission.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Artelier posted:

Me, a genius: Gonna play Zero and then Infinaut.

Also me: Oh no!!

Oh, I never tried that, but I guess he can only stop card text of the card IF you can play it and put it on the field? I've really only used him for Ebony Maw in a Zoo deck a few times, and I guess it makes sense because I still had to get Maw out by turn 3.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I just noticed the data-mined "Wolverine looking longingly at the photo of Jean" variant that's become a meme in the past several years has the wrong costume.

It should be his yellow and blue one, not his brown and orange one.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I'm wondering if anyone else playing on Android has experienced this bug:

I keep the volume on the game off, all sliders down to the lowest. But anytime my phone connects to my car's Bluetooth (so far I haven't tested with any other device) it makes sound EVEN THOUGH the sliders are still all down/off. Loo ike...if I'm in my car waiting for my GF or something so I pmay a quick match, audio gets piped to my car's speakers. The sliders are all still down, they never moved. I have to manually live the master volume up then back down to re-mute it.

And it doesn't JUST playnaudio over my car's Bluetooth... the next time I open the game when not connected to my car, there's sound. And again...all sliders are all the way down. I have to go to settings and move the master volume up and then back down to re-mute it a second time. Really weird behavior.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Oenis posted:

I'm still early on in my Snap journey and only just broke into pool 3 a couple of days ago, so far I got:

Red Skull
Rescue
Drax
Absorbing Man
Sera

Very happy about that latest Sera pull tbh, I heard she's good.

I also bought the Season Pass because Zabu seemed good and mana cheat is pretty much always broken in card games. Until now I played a Zabu/Devil Dino deck, is there anything fun I can do with Sera, or Pool 3 cards I should look out for in the token shop that synergize well? I already have Wave and Wong on my radar, and Patriot because think I will eventually enjoy the flood and buff playstyle with Dr Doom and Ultron, whenever I get those.

I've been playing since mid-November, and I still don't have Absorbing Man or Drax or Doom. It's really odd the way some card drops work.

I think Sera plays best if you can also get Psylocke. Drop Psylocke turn 3, Sera turn 4, then you have two full turns to take advantage of her (possibly more if you also get like a Tinkerer's Workshop, Project Pegasus, Elysium, etc... location to reduce costs)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Somebody forgot how Leader nerf works.

I lucked into Death from the Hub after Lamentis, so she was 0 cost...and as you can see cloned it a couple times on cloning vats... Then did abomination on turn 5 (with a 0 cost Death on middle lane) and second abomination on turn 6 in middle lane... Where they also played leader, even though I had my right lane totally filled and couldn't have played anything there.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Feb 4, 2023

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Season resets tonight (2/6) at 10- PM eastern?

I hit 80 yesterday wondering if it's worth it to try and claw my way to 90 for the extra gold...

Also, curious what everyone else thinks is the WORST card design of the BASE cards?
My vote is Coulson. What is that pose?

It looks like he's sort of doing a "Charlie's Angels" type of thing....but why is his tie floating in midair with a weird crease in it? Why is his back pant leg clinging so perfectly to his calf muscle?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Turns need to be half as long. It seems some people do a weird "strategy" of taking the entire turn length, every turn, I guess hoping their opponent just rage quits at like turn 3 and they get 1 or 2 cubes?

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Born in Bexhill posted:

Idk, personally I wouldn’t attempt to play a children’s superhero poker analouge while handling my responsibles but to each their own

Yeah, was that guy saying he's playing while driving his kid to school? I don't care that you're "in line" and it moves one car at a time every couple of minutes, don't play a phone game while driving, ever. especially in a school zone?

But even taking in everyone's bad excuses...EVERY GOD drat TURN?! No. gently caress you. I've taken a while on a turn sometimes because yes, my GF asked me something, or I needed to figure out if Mystique copying a Patriot is better than dropping a Blue Marvel, but that's once, maybe twice a game...not EVERY turn going to the end of the timer.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Man, I can't believe the number of Pool 3 cards I still don't have, despite being CL 2030 and playing since mid November.

I'm missing, from what I can tell:
Adam Warlock
Black Bolt
Captain Marvel
Crystal
Dagger
Daredevil
Deadpool
Debri
Doctor Doom
Falcon
Gambit
Juggernaut
Magneto
Moon Knight
Polaris
Psylocke
Omega Red
Quake
Ronan
Thor

Pool 4 all I've got is She-Hulk and Titania. Really want to get Luke Cage to try out a Wong/Hazmat/Typhoid Mary type of deck.
Pool 5 is about the same, just have Valkyrie and Silver Surfer, though I guess Valkyrie is pool 4 now, and Surfer I only have because of the Season Pass. Got BP pinned in the token shop, at least.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Zodack posted:

Probably has to due with the difficulty to pull off. Even before MODOK, Hela decks were either nova or nothing

Yup. I run one sometimes, and it's pretty hit and miss. To pull it off you need to have Invisible Woman to hide MODOK or Dark Dimension location (I think? The one that no card reveals till the end) so that MODOK doesn't discard Hela, or play MODOK on turn 5 when you don't have Hela in hand and pray you draw her on turn 6.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Got-drat.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Man, this game needs some serious UI/UX improvements.

1) Let me have a way to see my discarded/destroyed cards. Sometimes you look away at JUST that exact instant a card goes bye-bye. Especially for Yondu where the card wasn't ever in your hand or field of play to notice first.

2) How come the only time I can set a Variant as a "favorite" is when I first get it? Give me the option in my regular card view to also set it as favorite/replace it in all my decks.

3) It needs to stop de-selecting the "Show all variants" option in the card list filter when I change the sorting.

Edit: Oh, I guess I can do #2 from that little square icon on the left in the card view menu. Didn't notice that before. Disregard that complaint.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Feb 10, 2023

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Twice today I've gone up against someone who did Zabu on turn 2, then...Sandman turn 3?

Uhh...sure, buddy, you do you. Seems kind of at odds with each other?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I'm guessing plenty of other people know this, but I just found out that if you have Luke Cage out, get hit with Hazmat and he prevents it, but then later his power is removed via Rogue or Entrantress...you retroactively get the negative power counters:

I guess the theory is that Luke doesn't stop the -1 counters from existing, he just stops them from affecting your cards.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Feb 15, 2023