Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Chainclaw posted:

To hit series 3 you're at collection level 486 and have put a lot of time into the game already.

Yeah I'm at CL100 right now and the idea of hitting CL486 is crazy to me. I don't even know what S4 drops or tokens means. I just want the cassette tape cardback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

lol this game rules

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Double Boosters location makes it fun to play things out bc who cares if you lose. 10/10

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Hobo Clown posted:

Man I really, really hate the new progression system. Losing a couple snapped games in a row and just watching your level fall and fall, it's so demoralizing. I know numbers-wise it's not that different but it just feels worse. :(

I feel you 200% and this is why I appreciate the season pass stuff. I don't really give a poo poo about number going down, as long as another number goes up!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

cirus posted:

OK Thing/Abomination/She Hulk is a VICIOUS t6

Me in pool 1 reading posts like these:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Opopanax posted:

They could use a card that benefits from having its power reduced somehow, there's a niche for that

You all laughed at my legendary Colossus who is laughing now??

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
People complain about Galactus and HE but down here in pool 1 basically every deck is Kazoo and it drives me nuts

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Devo posted:

Don't worry, friend. Gain a few more collection levels and your old buddy Killmonger will be waiting for you in pool 2.

I'm so thirsty for Killmonger. Elektra and Enchantress aren't enough. I have to be so god drat aggressive with tech.

The nice thing is all the Guardians cards are pool 1 though and it's not hard to predict which location is getting cards most turns!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I graduated to pool 2 and even though I can play 3 more kinds of decks now, my janky pool 1 On Reveal deck is the only reliable performer. Weak pool. Sad!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Quackles posted:

My best guess is: "6/2 - On Reveal: If this is your only card here, destroy this location."

Then you just try to win one of the other two locations with the most points.

That would make more sense with Galactus anyway! He doesn't eat the two worlds adjacent to you. Nobody would give a poo poo if Silver Surfer showed up and announced Venus and Mars were next.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
If you play Odin on Hobgoblin, does gobby change sides twice?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Opopanax posted:

Wong makes it happen twice, Odin just makes On Reveals happen again. He'll send a goblin back though, if that's what you mean

Right, thanks. My brain calculated Odin as two On Reveals I guess. I love Hobgoblin but I'd rather he stayed on the enemy side.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Turn 6 Killmonger, my beloved

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Silk
2/5
After ANY card is played here, this moves to another location.

Spider-Man 2099
4/6
The first time this moves to a location, destroy an enemy card there.

Spider-Ham
1/1
On Reveal: Transform the highest-cost card in your opponent's hand into a Pig, keeping its Power and Cost.

These look sick. Wanna try those Move decks.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Lobok posted:

Spider-Ham played on that location that returns the played card back to your hand...

I'm assuming (with no evidence) that he'd just keep empiggening the big pig

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Infinite Karma posted:

Super weird non-meta decks and Agatha-level bizarre misplays.

Excuse me. I am not a bot!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Good strategy? No. Funny? Yes.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Red posted:

I did this with Yondu to a Galactus deck, and they just gave up because they ran out of the key cards

Excellent idea

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Maybe they don't want the meta to stay figured out for too long?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm just happy they put in Quake bc Agents of Shield was actually pretty good!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Yeah I'm surprised there aren't more cards that interact with the snapping mechanic. Like how did they not give Thanos some kind of snap bonus? It's so obvious I have to assume it was meta breaking busted in testing.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Ninurta posted:

Well, I guess Conquest isn't all bad. I finally got a nice mystery variant.

Gaaaah I want this one so bad it hurts

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
They retreated before my wombo combo went off :(

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Spider Ham can be destroyed by Killmonger so my bloodlust will be sated

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Drafting seems like it would be pretty miserable. I'm picturing S1 Zoo with like a Darkhawk thrown in. And that's your deck for 5-6 matches.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Maybe something like Double the power of cards at this location and distribute it evenly?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Thanos came up for me in the token shop. Thoughts?

I love my Pool 2 Destroy but I'm missing a lot of key Pool 3 cards right now (Death, Knull, etc) so I wonder if I should just keep rolling.

I have most of the tools for Thanos Ongoing but that play style kind of drives me nuts. It might be interesting to pilot a real big boy deck though.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Pig ain't poo poo against my Hela discard

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm assuming "Play" generally means "place a card from your hand at a location" right?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

No Wave posted:

"When a card is played here" usually means "when a card you placed from hand reveals here", but there are enough exceptions to make it confusing.

Ghost Rider is the worst for me here. He "brings back" a discarded card. What does that mean?? They don't flip but their On Reveal triggers! And where are they coming "back" from? They were in my hand!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I finally got Knull and lol at how straightforward it makes the Venom deck. Before Knull I was galaxy braining lane setups. Now my cognitive load is devoted to matchups.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I used them and got paired with 3 infinite players rocking the sweatiest decks 10/10 see you next season I guess

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm up to 73 riding Hela Discard lol. It's a loose cannon but sidesteps lockdown and the snaps are pretty funny.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Red posted:

I rarely got that type of deck to work, can you post it and your strategy?

Pretty much this
https://snap.fan/decks/214300/

But Black Cat/Magneto instead of Colleen Wing/Sword Master. Idk why they have Colleen in there. Also Magneto can be a decent turn 6 play by itself (unlike Giganto etc). You can slot all kinds of things in there bc Hela + Ghost Rider + Jubilee + Odin is the core.

Indepth guide would be very long. Just be careful discarding if you have Hela + Ghost Rider in hand. Otherwise you can feather the throttle. Jubilee is the pivot of the entire deck bc she can trigger a needed discard, pull a fatty, or accidentally pull Hela/Ghost Rider too early.

Panic buttons:
Ghost Rider if Hela discarded/not drawn
Odin on Jubilee/Ghost Rider if something went wrong
Try to pump Morbius, lol

Retreat if Hela and Ghost Rider were discarded and the board sucks. Only play Moon Knight/Blade if you don't care what happens. Don't panic if you discard Hela early, your new game plan is steal a lane with Jubilee or Ghost Rider.

Generally if there's a 2/3 chance of success I close my eyes and let Jesus take the wheel.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Once more for the people in back:

Quetzadilla posted:

yeah doom i mean maybe if people use him to win restrictive locations you shouldn't have so loving many?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Artelier posted:

you play it until everything aligns and you get the wombo combo by pure luck, hela is essentially a more risky less controllable mr negative deck

Yeah it's not so much a wombo combo as it is managing risk, turn by turn. Same idea as Lockjaw but way less consistent. I don't think it'll ever be a T1 deck but it definitely catches people off guard.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
No Hela means you shift gears to Operation Jubilee/Ghost Rider/Odin and either fart out a big lane or retreat

It's no HE deck. Really needs another Ghost Rider type effect to push it into stupid good territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Lobok posted:

Changing decks would be interesting. Against the same opponent, you'd have to wonder if they were going to switch decks or not and whether you should as well. Go with what works? Keep the element of surprise? Pick a counter for what you think they'll go with?

It sounds very interesting but I can see most people just using the same deck twice, tweaked slightly, effectively having a sideboard