Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

What is the use of gold if not for variants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man having basic reading skills feels a little like cheating on day 1 of a TCG.

Why yes I didn't play a card on the location saying I get extra energy if I have no minions there :smug:

Why yes I did play my one drop on the location that gives plus 1 power each turn :smugdog:

Why yes I did play my card with on going abilities on the location that doubles on going abilities :smugbert:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

God drat I can't stop playing this game. It starts a bit slow but once you start getting a few decks and getting the loop of gambling and new cards trickling in.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

As an Odin player in Pool 1, this featured location owns.

Wait until you play onslaught on that location. It can getting nutty. I see a 3,000 power location with iron man and onslaught.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

team overhead smash posted:

Do you mean Onslaught’s Citadel, the ongoing version? Not sure how Onslaught is meant to interact with Kamar-Taj.

Oh yes that is what I meant.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

team overhead smash posted:

Anyone got any good pool 1 self destruct builds/advice on using them? I’ve got one going with Squirrel Girl, Nova, Angel, Carnage, Blade, swordmaster, Lady Sif and Apocalypse plus some filler.

Not sure if I’m missing something (tactically or in terms of key cards) but it just seems finickier than other deck styles and not sure about the synergy of Carnage and Nova in the same deck as I need to use Carnage to destroy Nova, but Nova wants lots of low cost card in other locations while Carnage wants lots of low cost cards in the same location as Nova to eat.

I think angel isn't worth it. The deck sizes is too small. By turn 2 you will have draw 5 cards with 7 left in the deck so at that moment angel slightly favored but after that he just is bad. And you really don't want to carnage turn 2 so you also never have a moment with angel having good odds of triggering.

Edit: also Wolverine works with both discard and destroy. And a hulk buster Wolverine will keep his bonus stats.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Serperoth posted:

If Carnage eats Bustered Wolverine, he only gets +2 right?

Correct. The merge makes the two cards count as one.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

goferchan posted:

I know it's not top tier but I am having a great time with my Move deck

edit: just unlocked Ebony Maw after this which seems good in this but that's a hard card to evaluate

I'm not sure how it works but Kraven and Haimdell are nutty. Like I got a power 22 kraven and most of that was from Haimdell.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

Dare I ask how? Like they always seem to draw a counter? Perfectly guess where you're gonna put your cards? Have a perfect curve?

They know the locations and know all the outcome of RNG. They will know if danger room is going to trigger its 25% to destroy and won't play.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Lumbermouth posted:

Anyone who ropes after Ego takes over is a mark rear end chump.

Did that earlier today. I thought EGO would just auto end me turns so I pretended to do some actual work. Came back on turn 3 feeling like a jerk.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Banjo Bones posted:

Any advice for my Move deck?:

Iron Fist
Nightcrawler
RocketRaccoon
Kraven
Multiple Man
Scarlet Witch
Cloak
Doc. Strange
Enchantress
MM-Spiderman
Vision
Heimdall

feeling like it centers around Kraven and MM, but it's hard to get combos going with them.

Here is what I'm rocking. I'm struggling to win consistently but I think that is me problem because I am like "If I had play X in a different lane, I would have won." Storm and maw prevents "play" but not movement.

# (1) Iron Fist
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Ebony Maw
# (2) Kraven
# (2) Multiple Man
# (2) Cloak
# (3) Storm
# (3) Doctor Strange
# (3) Vulture
# (4) Miles Morales
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (6) Heimdall
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmlnaHRjcmF3bGVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNaWxlc01vcmFsZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktyYXZlbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRG9jdG9yU3RyYW5nZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTXVsdGlwbGVNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Iklyb25GaXN0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDbG9hayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGVpbWRhbGwifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVib255TWF3In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWdWx0dXJlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9iZ29ibGluIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Whoops quote is not an edit.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

CitizenKeen posted:

Yeah, Brode and team seem to be aiming to recreate this mythological time where everybody was playing Magic as either a broke middle schooler or in a town without a Magic card shop.

I, too, played a game as a broke middle schooler and had fun, but I'm 40 now and I have more money than time.

I suspect that a lack of crafting is a secret hand on the balance wheel. If anybody can make any card tomorrow, the meta gets solved really quickly (see, e.g., every digital card game). But if everybody has a different subset of the card pool, then it takes a lot longer to solve the meta. I may think that Goose is key to a meta-defining deck, but if I have to grind for five weeks to get Goose, who knows?!

It also makes it easier to nerf cards. In Hearthstone they had to refund dust and even still cards that were good only because of the op card were not refunded. People would be pissed at these nerfs all the time.

Now that collections are random and semi guaranteed they can nerf at lot easier.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Unless you have the death card in your deck, then yondu is literally the worst card in the game. Please don't please yondu unless you are meming.

Yes I'm sure yondu has won you a game. But the chance of hitting a specific card on turn 1 is 1/8 if they haven't already drawn it.. But otherwise you are giving a 7/8 of thinning your opponent's deck for them and making their future draws better.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I 100% disagree with your guy's yondu takes. I see yondu has giving your opponent a better American Chavez 7/8ths of the time.

Iceman and korg are good cards in the same energy slot that actually do disruption.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Serperoth posted:

Oddly enough, he seems to kill her more often than anything else :v:

Actually that is a how Chavez is programmed. Chavez is shuffled into the deck normally. If you were going to draw her before turn 6, then her ability activates and you draw the 2nd top card in your deck. So she just chilling at the top of your deck waiting for her moment.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Drinkslinger posted:

I'm currently using a "Destroyers" line-up that consists of:

1* Sunspot
1* Angel
1* Nova
1* Yondu
2* Bucky Barnes
2* Carnage
2* Wolverine
3* Rhino
3* Sabretooth
4* Kazar
5* Blue Marvel
6* Odin

It's built around getting Nova/Bucky/Wolvie/Sabertooth out first and then having Carnage destroy them. It's decent and I get a fair share of wins, but if anyone's got feedback on how to improve it, I'm all ears!

Currently I'm hoping to unlock Venom so I can swap him in for Kazar.

Angel and yondu are both traps. Don't play them.

Yondu only competitive use currently it to active the death card which might be a bug anyways.

Angel is only favored to active on turn 1 and 2. Angel has a 50/50 chance of being in hand by turn 3 and is more likely to be in hand after that. And the pay is just a misty knight that doesn't have Washington d.c. syngery.

Also why is Odin in there? The only reveal card you have is carnage and rhino. Rhino does nothing in 2nd activation. Carnage kills an 8 power card to gain 2 power.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man pool 3 sucks a lot of the fun out the game. Who thought a random chance of a random card was a fun idea? Spending 16 collection level in a row just to get no new cards is brutal.

Now I'm just stuck in jank town until I get lucky enough to actually get cards. And hopefully the are actually useful cards because pool 3 is huge and there are quite a few duds.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Who even needs to play to win these days? I had no idea Agatha is a free draw at the start of the game. I'm running a 10 card deck until turn 6.

# (1) Sunspot
# (3) Morph
# (3) Electro
# (3) Wave
# (4) Jubilee
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
# (5) Spider-Woman
# (5) Vision
# (6) America Chavez
# (6) Hulk
# (6) Agatha Harkness
# (6) The Infinaut
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3Vuc3BvdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSW5maW5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1YmlsZWUifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlZpc2lvbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTW9ycGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRldmlsRGlub3NhdXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWN0cm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNwaWRlcldvbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJXYXZlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBZ2F0aGFIYXJrbmVzcyJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Here is my funniest win so far. Agatha completely randomizes your play except she will always play herself if she can

Edit: Morph also turned into death.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Donnerberg posted:

Just to confirm, Agatha is truly random? The AI doesn't recognize the board state or synergies?

She plays on murder world location just to kill off my cards for no reason. She could play wave and immediately come out next turn but decided to go electro.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Haha oh you play julibee into infinaut and then hulk in the same lane? Ill just over power you.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I hate mr. Negative. The discord keeps trying to tell me its good but it was less consistent than a julibee deck. And the payoffs are just okay.

I think you need Magick for the 7 turns games or else you just draw something like bishop and lose.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Quackles posted:

Isn't Bar with No Name Storm's house if you let her move in?

Is this some nerd marvel nonsense? because I'm would interested to hear more.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Hood's awesome. There are a few locations where having him works, but you also have Beast/Falcon to get a demon and then pull him back out, or Carnage turns him into a buff, or Killmonger just deals with him if you have a destroy deck. He's in a couple of my decks I don't regret him at all

Right now I play a deck with moon girl and death.

Nothing more satisfying like dropping double demon and double death on turn 6. 40 power in a single turn is brutal.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

No Wave posted:

Miles and BP were absolutely not op. The next one looks pretty hosed up tho.

I would argue that miles isn't even good.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

No Wave posted:

He works with invisible woman I learned. Which is kind of nice.

Also does Orka actually exist? I've never seen it and I've never seen anyone say they pulled it.

He also works with armor and I think professor X.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man I got the pixel variant of forge today. My God he is ugly.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Here is my current hate deck. I am using Electra over sun spot for the current location but so far it has been a blast.

Basically just some overstated cards with the best hate cards in the game.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

quiggy posted:

Just opened Psylocke and am not quite sure how to use her. On the one hand +1 energy is a huge deal, but on the other hand you're spending twice that to put a weak card on the board a turn earlier. Anyone have any tips on how to best use her?

Basically you want to use her for cards that completely change the game for as long as they are out. Negative man and Sera are usually the top priority. An extra turn of those cards can be game winning.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I quit playing when she-hulk came out, but I have come crawling back.

I got X-23 from my spotlight chest. They are INSANE. unfortunately, I don't have Venom or krull, but this deck is still brutal.

# (1) Deadpool
# (1) X-23
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Forge
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Daken
# (3) Deathlok
# (3) Hulkbuster
# (6) Arnim Zola
# (8) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQnVja3lCYXJuZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYWRwb29sIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJLaWxsbW9uZ2VyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBcm5pbVpvbGEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRlYXRoIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJGb3JnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiV29sdmVyaW5lIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDYXJuYWdlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZWF0aGxvayJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSHVsa2J1c3RlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiWDIzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEYWtlbiJ9XX0=
#

I was really hesitant about Zola, but a turn 5 Zola win games. Double Daken lets you quadruple their stats. Double Deadpool lets you play two copies that have the current stats and double stat copy in hand. Double kill monger was surprising. Kill Monger can kill X-23 twice, buff deadpool, give you an 8 mana turn, and makes Death really cheap to play.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Huh, I'm in a really weird spot ladderwise. I returned from multiple month break. The past few days were playing a mixture of newbies, bots, and actual players. However, once I hit rank 30+, I'm facing nothing but bots playing udder nonsense. I'm talking discard that discard their entire hand without any way of benefiting. Playing destoryer on lanes they already won destroying lane they were winning. They will attempt to final turn contest a lane, with less power than is currently in the lane. I can't even try to counter play anything because I'm just playing randomness.

It is honestly not very fun because now I'm just playing God mode with a like 10+ win rate on a deck I'm not even used to. I'm a good enough player to be getting those kinds of stats.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

New Leaf posted:

Sailor Scout / Magical Girl Squirrel Girl when? That's a must-own.

I literally came here to ask the same question. Holy poo poo that variant is amazing.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

I almost had the worst thing possible happen today. My opponent almost didn't snap on during a t1 ego game. The coward waited until they were winning, so it still a bit of a sad day.

Hopefully, those 8 cubes they gained will help open them up to auto snap on ego like a reasonable person.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Haha, when did they add a fastforward feature when the animations last too long?

I trigger it with a Deadpool Zola combine on the flood the lane with copies card. With carnage and deathlok in the other lanes. I have no idea what happened, but I ended up with 1 card in each lane and a handful of 48 power Deadpools.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Can't wait to make an entire game location deck when the day comes. No location will be safe from me!

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Artelier posted:

there are no good tokens for gold based bundles coming up right? because i am THIS CLOSE to spending 1.2k on house of x profx

Looks like 2800 gold bundles with mostly summer variants and normal amount of credits for September.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I really hope the spotlight caches are better, that's two real duds in a row.

We already knew everything but 1 card for next months spotlights

Week 1: Jeff, Krull, Ghost spider
Week 2 : Alioth, Hit monkey, Snow guard
Week 3: Ravenna, Jean Gray, Zabu
Week 4: Mobius, Kang, ???

General impression are:

Week 1 is good if you don't have Jeff
Week 2 better have a changes to Snow guard
Week 3 is dope
Week 4 is too much of mystery to know yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

CJ posted:

What determines whether a card is Ongoing or not? Like why is Elsa Bloodstone not Ongoing since it's a continuous effect she has?

Seems like stat gains are not ongoing unless they are (devil dinosaur). I think they are worried about mystique being broken.