Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I don't think my opponents understand when or why they should snap but I will gladly feed off of their misplaced confidence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
So...variant cards are kind of a trap then if I'm understanding correctly?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
What collection level should I be looking at to obtain Angela? I'm at 46 and getting rng garbage

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Go RV! posted:

https://marvelsnapzone.com/collection/

You get a random card from the pool until you exhaust the pool, and you move on to the next.

Pool 3 is the final pool. Season Pass stuff eventually goes into Pool 3.

That's a whole lot of cards

Actually not sure if this is a bug or just unintuitive:

Oppo plays Jessica Jones on 4, bifrost goes off shifting everything to the right. Oppo then plays iron man at Jessica Jones new location and she still buffs herself?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Why does cyclops exist and is there a chance they make him playable?

I feel like every other card is somewhat playable except for him

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Onslaught is pretty fun. I run Klaw and Blue Marvel at 5 for an extra surprise

I'm at CL 219 and running:

Ant-Man
Elektra
Squirrel girl
Korg
Colossus (I poo poo you not danger room is 100% to kill my dudes and without him I could never play at that location)
Domino
Mister fantastic
Captain America
Kazar
Blue Marvel
Klaw
Onslaught

Any thoughts?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Migertantix posted:

He's good in a Patriot deck, but you don't unlock Patriot until Pool 3. I don't think I pulled Patriot until I surpassed 3000 in CL so I had to wait quite a bit to be able to create a deck around him.

Only slightly bitter that my variant unlock was for him

I just want to play with the new art!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Man skipping turn 3 to play the 0 cost Infinaut I got from filling the raft is pretty broken

Into pool 2, CL 330something, rolling with a discard aggro?

Ant-Man
Korg
Nightcrawler
Blade
Angela
Swarm
Wolverine
Bishop
Lady Sif
Swordmaster
Apocalypse
America Chavez

I know I'm waiting on Iceman to replace Korg I think, any other changes?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Honestly a ton of games feel like 50/50s? Like there are two lanes that could flip and it's between me and my opponent to guess correctly. And my opponent never seems to retreat, evidenced by a consistent one cube bleed from retreat later. Guess I'm just flipping coins with my greedy opponents

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Killmonger is my literal last pool 2 card gently caress off game

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

No Wave posted:

My early pool 2 deck:

Nova
Lizard
Mr Sinister
Cable
Sentinel
Killmonger
Mr Fantastic
Morph
White Queen
Devil Dinosaur
Klaw
America Chavez

I'm totally set on nova killmonger dino sentinel, feel good about white queen Lizard klaw and mr sinister, am not sure about mr fantastic morph and america, am actively looking to replace cable. I guess I'll have to see what pool 2 brings me, cant find anything I really like for the slots in pool 1.

Cables really good though? He helps dino and sometimes removes powerful cards from the oppo

Typically you want to run moon girl in your devil dino decks. Agent 13 too, and it helps as an on curve turn 1 play or filler

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jedit posted:

You only need to draw three additional cards to see your whole deck. Also unlike in other games your opponent doesn't know what you took; he could spend the whole game waiting to draw his combo piece that is stuck in your hand because it's no use to you.

Pretty much this. I've had opponents retreat when I snap after a good cable pull

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I mean yeah moon girl into dino dino isn't really ever winning me 8 cubes

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
My pool 3 is off to a great start, I've gotten viper and kingpin so far

Legit might end up quitting if I get shafted enough, I was super frustrated getting killmonger as my last card in pool 2

If I can't start playing other decks while I have to face off against people who were just straight up luckier I don't think I'll continue

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Scrap Dragon posted:

At least your last Pool 2 card was a counterplay card and not integral to a certain Deck type.

The only Pool 2 card I have left is Bucky so I basically don't get to play destruction in Pool 2

See I think killmonger was essential, especially for trying to include nova in a deck

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

No hiding this one huh

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Kaddish posted:

I feel like I see plenty of real players sub-30.

I just unlocked Vision but he actually doesn’t seem great to me for a move deck, at least in pool 2. Not at 5/7 anyway. Maybe I’m missing something.

He doesn't seem great, but he'll get you sometimes. It's more about the fakeout. Does the oppo keep vision in a lane you're winning where he can win with one more card? Or where he's winning but you commit more and vision moves?

The wine in front of me is tricky

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Shwqa posted:

She plays on murder world location just to kill off my cards for no reason. She could play wave and immediately come out next turn but decided to go electro.

That seems like a bug, she's always supposed to play herself when possible

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Jedit posted:

It wasn't possible, though. If she had no alternative play to Wave would have made it, then played herself because she could. But she's under no obligation to enable herself to be played.

I missed the "could" and thought that wave had been played. No bug then just unfortunate hahahaha

That's Agatha!

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Quackles posted:

If you want to bluff snap, I find it’s useful to snap and then immediately go “Snap?” back, like you’re the cockiest rear end in a top hat in the world. It works surprisingly well at causing retreats.

On the other hand, if you spam "I am confident" at me I will call your bluff

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Network42 posted:

My first two guaranteed pool 3 cards are Moon Knight and Cerebro, pool 3 seems not fun so far.

I made the same post when I unveiled viper and kingpin

I don't want future maybe you can use these cards, I want the wongs and destroyers some people are lucking into

I got red hood so now I'm running the destroy devil dino variant, but I could literally be running devil dino for 600 collection levels or more

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I solemnly swear if I bust open sera I won't complain for the next 20 posts

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ubersandwich posted:

I hit pool 2 and am getting absolutely manhandled, I seem to be one step behind my opponents constantly. When I was in pool 1 I climbed to 45, got my first pool 2 card (Iceman) and now I at 40, with Rhino and Infinaught. So, 3 cards in and I'm pretty much looking for a pool 1 deck that can hang a little in pool 2. I know a lot of my frustration is user error and learning how how pool 2 decks work. I don't necessarily need a full deck, just perhaps just a point in the right direction.

Best deck is still kazoo, you just have to accept you auto lose to killmonger

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Red Rox posted:

I'd like to mix things up and try a baby destroy deck, but not sure if I have all the right cards. I think I must be missing something key - here's what I have:

- Angel
- Blade
- Carnage
- Wolverine
- Lady Sif
- Deathlok
- Sword Master
- Apocalypse

Should I wait for another key card or is this enough? Who else should I run with and what's the best strat?

You kinda need stuff to destroy, and this is both destroy and discard. It's not a great pool 1 deck in my experience

It gets better when you get nova and Bucky Barnes for destroy or swarm for discard

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

the_steve posted:

Reminds me of when I learned the hard way that putting Jubilee on Shuri's Lab is not the big brain move I thought it would be.

That one isn't on you, she says play and doesn't actually play it

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I just unlocked destroyer at CL 742 and went to build my own deck but this might be too many different things? I'm looking for some advice because I'm at rank 82 and don't want to free fall while trying something new

Hood
Nova
Zero
Bucky Barnes
Carnage
Armor
Colossus
Cosmo
Killmonger
Warpath
Red skull
Destroyer

Or do I just stick with the largely pool 2 ongoing destroyer deck?

Ant-Man
Armor
Colossus
Lizard
Mister fantastic
Captain america
Cosmo
Warpath
Iron man
Professor x
Spectrum
Destroyer

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I'm rank 83, CL 760 or so. I'm playing against people with infinite card backs

This is loving stupid

You can't drop below infinite. So they can take whatever 50/50s they want and it doesn't loving matter. I'm the only one actually losing. Oh, an oppo my level might retreat? They don't have to, they can just wait and see because they can't actually lose at that rank

loving dumb

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

No Wave posted:

This is good for you, idk why you're mad.

How is it good for me? It literally makes it harder to progress because my oppo has no incentive to retreat

Edit: yeah it's good if I can correctly win a 50/50 but that's not going to happen every time

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

No Wave posted:

Imagine your retreat button was disabled. Would you end up giving more cubes to your opponents?

I'd yolo and win games I thought I might lose otherwise which is exactly what I'm complaining about

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Devor posted:

Snap is poker - Snapping is raising/calling, and so is sticking out the reveal after the game, all of which double the stakes.

Retreating is folding.

It's laughable to say that your opponent being unable/unwilling to fold will lose you equity - you need to be smarter about knowing how and when to fold your hand. Retreating is not losing; netting negative cubes over time is losing.

Yes, and how many times do you snap when you have a good hand only to find your oppo has an answer or an even better hand?

How often do you stay in the game when it's a literal 50/50?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

No Wave posted:

It's always correct to stay on a 50/50.

Literal 50/50s seem like they should be both players hitting retreat later

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

buffalo all day posted:

You’re going to notice the games where they yolo and win but overall you’re going to win way more games where you snap and they stay (4 cubes for you) and will have way fewer 1-cube wins

This

Tilt is real

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

No Wave posted:

It's not, retreat is a guaranteed cube loss and the EV of staying in a 50/50 is zero (no matter what the cube stakes are).

Except both players retreating means no cube loss

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
Not trying to be pedantic I do see what you're saying but retreat later with both players means no cube loss or gain and that does not seem to factor in to what you all are saying?

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

RevKrule posted:

Just had a match where the three loving locations were in order: Luke's Bar. Sanctum Sanctorum. Death's Domain.

Awesome so like 99% of decks can't place even a single card.

Had this happen to me when I was in pool 1, and welp, squirrel girl

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Ubersandwich posted:

I can't figure out if I'm just stupid or if movement decks are just that good in Pool 2. I can't beat them. It feels like EVERY TIME I play one I watch him punch/shift/moonwalk Vulture to like 21, Multiple-Man/Hulkbuster X3, I think they even move cards around to flex and then Heimdall everyone to the corner to dunk on me.

I DO need to start just noping out when I see a location that gives bonuses to movement, playing cards on a location and/or "can't play cards here" and dude lays down a movement card. Just give him the point.

I tend to play right and left and ignore the middle. Right side typically needs 9 points to win - you just have to beat Heimdall

Left side or middle is a call based on what they play where, you want to play enough left that they have to move into it but not enough that you're stick committing and can't play middle. It's a fine line and sometimes they have the move where retreating is best

Shang chi helps a lot, you can pretty much snipe vulture and win. Just gotta keep in mind who reveals first

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

No Wave posted:

I'm at 85, CL594 and half of my opponents are still bots no matter when I play. I'm starting to believe there really is a CL600 breakpoint that matches you with players deeper into pool 3 and sticking at 594 makes it hard for the matchmaker (I've still never played against anyone with a title).

This is true, I stopped and built up 5000 credits around that CL too. But you're in for a rude awakening when you spend those credits if your experience is like mine

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

RevKrule posted:

I have been on a massive cube slide all weekend. I started Friday at cube level 54 and slid all the way down to 48 earlier today. None of my pool 3 cards really synergize with anything I normally play and honestly I've gotten more garbage pool 3 cards than good ones. Literally who the gently caress uses Baron Mordo or Hazmat? I didn't even know those were loving cards in this game until I pulled them. I've also reached the point where I'm playing against people with titles which seems...bad for me. I feel like there's no point where I can slow down and just grind out some wins because I feel so underpowered by like every deck I play against.

I've been there man. I was at 83 about a week ago and felt like I could push for infinite pretty easily this season

But pool 3 is some bullshit and by trying to rank up I was losing more and for more cubes

I dialed back my play time, now I'm just hopping on for quest completion or a quick game or two and I'm up to 85 now.

Pool 3 collecting does suck. I faced some dude yesterday where I was winning and snapped and he played wave on turn 5 and snapped back. Fucker is running death wave, the literal strongest deck in the game and started bming when I retreated. Cool beans bro, glad you're facing off against my one pool 3 card deck with the best deck in the game

My advice is just chill and don't worry about the ranks for now, that's what I did and I'm back to slowly going up again. Still not a fan of pool 3 collecting, still might quit over it, but game got better when I stopped playing as much

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

uXs posted:

I'm at rank 71, CL 780.

I haven't bothered doing any credits saving or whatever, I just open cards.

That's the only real rank I care about getting, more free variants please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

Studio posted:

How usable is Leech? He seems great for a meta that doesn't really exist at Early Pool 2. Turn 5 is just too important :ohdear:

I was watching a streamer who said leech is pretty much unusable, but also the game would be awful if he was and I agree. Think about something like ice man or Korg but instead of one card it's all your loving cards

It's like a worse mind scape