Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That weird pizza kind of looks more like pissaladiere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dareon posted:

Makes sense, coming from the guy named after the worst bean.

What the gently caress

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

PurpleXVI posted:

Blood sausage is one those things I sometimes get a craving for a little bit of, but which I couldn't possibly eat a lot of.

It's the only thing I miss since going vegetarian

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

what are they sitting in?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ror posted:

AFP analysis: a bed of mashed potatoes with gravy and melted cheese. Topped with loose corn, as is tradition.

It's like a homemade KFC bowl, right?

Thank you, sounds like a symphony of textures

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shooting Blanks posted:

No, that's almost certainly a real photo. Corn ribs are just corn kernels cut off the cob with a small bit of cob still attached.

Such a simple preparation to turn something familiar into something hideous looking

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mymla posted:

I've never had the misfortune of eating it, but fairy bread sounds to me like just eating sugar out of the bag with extra steps.

Yes, something a child would do
It's a party food for children

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

It just takes a little bit of water to do this to melted chocolate right?
It probably happens pretty often

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

It's probably fine, but for god's sake, don't call it creamy spreadable meat

It's pretty much patê, which sounds much nicer

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I've seen sikh temples where the food is served on a banana leaf on the floor, maybe that temple ran out or something

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

This popped up in my recommendations on Youtube and I thought the thread might get a kick out of some of these soda flavors (and names): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0diMNgqPRqk

Many of these I have never even heard of - Can of Worms cherry soda?

Rondo still exists in Australia under the name Solo.
It had the same can design and manly extreme marketing with "low fizz so you can slam it down fast"

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Facebook Aunt posted:

Surely any Real Man(tm) would want their soda as fizzy as possible so as to make big manly burps?

This is probably the most well known Solo ad from my childhood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mJSOaO7cAU

EoinCannon has a new favorite as of 04:36 on Feb 19, 2023

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mandatory lesbian posted:

Isnt tumeric more for color, maybe im using too little but it doesnt have like, a stark taste

There are some dishes where it's the main spice and it has a pretty subtle, earthy, hard to describe taste. If there's a bunch of other spices it's pretty hard to pick it out though

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

OwlFancier posted:

why the gently caress is the butter two tone

Yeah, looks weird
Some kind of margarine that has melted and re-solidified?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Crumpet with peanut butter is my preferred pre run/row snack. They're spongy and a bit crunchy once toasted. They're great.
Very popular in Australia

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

dog nougat posted:

Tomato sauce squeezies looking suspiciously like ketchup

In Australia we call ketchup tomato sauce
Squeezes are little disposable plastic containers that you squeeze onto your pie

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

axolotl farmer posted:

If the bikies are having a barbie, they can bring the squeezies so they can have tomato sauce on their burgies?

Squeezies are only for pies, pasties and sausage rolls :rolleyes:
Chippies, brickies and other tradies use them when they get a feed from the servo

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FreudianSlippers posted:

Italian food rules but I can say from personal experience that the difference between traditional Italian foods and imitations thereof is minimal.

The difference between actual traditional Italian pizza and/or pasta made in Italy by Italians and western European chain restaurant fast food pizza and/or Pasta isn't really that much.

Now I've only ever been to northern Italy (Bologna and Milano) so maybe their pizzas and pastas are vastly inferior to southern pizzas and pastas but I doubt it.

Italian food is very regional and the two dishes you mention are from the south. Kinda like saying you went to Vermont and the barbecue wasn't that great

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What is the mayonnaise doing for that recipe?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coldpudding posted:

Sourdough has a mix of yeast and lactic acid bacteria that have teamed up to do a one two combo on the sugars in the dough, one breaks down the complex stuff and poops out smaller bits that the other feeds on.
There is also a bread that is made with a bacteria that is one of the most common sources of food poisoning https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt-rising_bread

In that wiki it says "Thus there is no indication of salt-rising bread having ever caused any human disease"

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It's Bresse chicken which is said (by the French) to be the best in the world

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That's some kind of relish or chutney

I guess the idea is it's a preserve that you keep in the cupboard and just add meat and you have chilli

EoinCannon has a new favorite as of 22:25 on Feb 6, 2024

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

Incidentally, my mom makes dates wrapped in bacon and they are incredibly delicious and very, very haram.

With prunes instead of dates we call these devils on horseback

*edit* further research indicates that the version with dates is also called this

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Pouring hot oil over whole steamed fish with shredded ginger, spring onions, garlic etc. is something I've seen a lot in east and south east Asian food. I figured they were doing something similar with the broccoli

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

axolotl farmer posted:

This is Richard Nixon’s last lunch in the White House. Pineapple rings with cottage cheese and a glass of milk :geno:

I like cottage cheese, with either sweet or savoury things, I drink the occasional glass of milk.

Would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

CzarChasm posted:

I forget, are the sprinkles adhered with butter or cake frosting? Either way, big nope from me.

When I was growing up it was margarine