Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

wesleywillis posted:

I think I'm not sure what people mean by "erry"

It means having a tendency to make mistakes, like how "leaky" is a tendency to leak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Ghostlight posted:

You don't even need to translate it, the graph just straight-up has 20 hours blocked out for things that everyone outside the c-suite would be fired for claiming as a part of their official workday.

25, a lot of people don't get paid for their lunch break.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
What loving committee member thought that needed to be included in the design? :wtc:

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Frank Frank posted:

Those “Dawn of SA” stories like Frankie and fecal lasagna were a lot more fun before everyone on the internet became cynical and realized it was all fake

Never forget that the Poopsock Guy and the guy who shat behind his bed during Everquest raids were two different stories, no matter how much subsequent internet lore and slang has conflated the two.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
That reminds me of the two City of Heroes characters I made in 2008, cyborgs named Barack Robama and John Mechain.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Just have the Panopticon charge me for whatever it sees me putting into my bags as I grocery shop and let me skip the checkout entirely.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

MrMidnight posted:

He better have taken it home

He didn't, but it still showed up there anyway.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Video found on a phone recovered from the stomach of a giant alligator, along with a set of earmuffs.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

nexous posted:

We need two Olympics. Original boring poo poo and all gender/hormone/suplllement/implant/acme rocket boosted poo poo.

We’ve already passed what should be physically possible in a ton of competitions, let’s see what we can really do

This is what my inner sociopathic libertarian would love to see for the NFL. Get rid of all restrictions on drugs, surgical enhancements, genetic engineering, cyborg augmentations, whatever else. The world is yours. Funnel all of that professional sports money into the biosciences equivalent of the space race. Yes, it would be catastrophic and life-ruining for the players, but think of all the cool secondary benefits that we would get as a society. Gimme WH40k Space Marines tearing each other limb from limb on the field so that when little Jenny loses both her legs to a drunk driver, she only misses a couple days of school while she gets new cybernetic replacements grafted on.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Cartoon Man posted:

There some infamous skier that tricked her way into the Olympics half pipe event and literally all she did was ski down it with no tricks. The sport was furious.

I think I remember that, didn't she qualify because she basically min-maxed qualifying events with minimal or no competition? Like the sports equivalent of extreme coupon clipping.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

cult_hero posted:

Those of us that studied anything about it in school do...

Like the fact that it was already going on by 1915.

So cursed that its effect reached backwards through time to assassinate Franz Ferdinand.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
How often are passwords actually brute-forced vs. just being hacked from one site and tested for reused passwords on other sites? Like who is actually out there dedicating months of run time to cracking my Hulu password.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Powered Descent posted:

Your password in particular? Nobody. But when a big dump of password hashes gets stolen from a site, it's absolutely a thing to run a high-powered password cracker against that list and be sure of breaking at least some small percentage of them. So if your password sucks, congrats, the bad guy has it now, even though he's never heard of you.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense if you can run your guesses against thousands or millions of accounts and just pick out which ones match.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Tarkus posted:

I don't think the McDonalds sign is meant to say they won't allow you to quit but that they're going to do what they can to see if there's anything they can do to keep you there. It is a pretty aggressive way to express that though.

It literally has the loving phrase "an employee cannot quit", that's absolutely the message they're trying to convey while being 100% incorrect and illegal. Anything else is merely icing on the turd to try and give it a molecule-thin veneer of technical legitimacy.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

an aircraft carrier sized floating city.

It blows my mind that while aircraft carriers are indeed mind-bogglingly massive, the aforementioned floating hedonism shrine is equal to about two and a half Nimitz-class carriers in tonnage.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Unperson_47 posted:

If this existed, it might get me to watch a super hero movie.

"So in this version of Spider Man, are his web shooters biological or mechanical?"

"Both."

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
They seem to have misspelled "MANLY MASSAGE" in that third bullet at the top.

Also "encourage, equip & empower the Women of any background to be sold out and surrendered to God", what the gently caress? Is this a human trafficking recruitment ad?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

madmatt112 posted:

Really love the implication that God is gonna gently caress up the WTC with a giant cartoon beagle

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
West Virginia just like: can our thing be "tits"? No? Okay then, "big tits".

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Post this on Facebook with the caption "banana two days after being injected with the new COVID booster".

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Tools for killing a very specific type of vampire.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

bigperm posted:

"Jazz getting thrown out of the front door of hogwarts"

It may look realistic, but you can tell it's fake because it shows Matt Gaetz being allowed within 500 feet of a school.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

By popular demand posted:

Turns out that Liebig was willing to imply that extract had nutritional benefits until scientific publications made this impossible, so he was aptly named.

He had a fierce competition going with his rival, Phinneas T. Massivefraud.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
The podrace crowd was a bunch of painted q-tips. At least in the wide shots, maybe they used CGI in some other parts.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Are hands uniquely difficult for AI for some reason, or do we just not notice most of the other ways that it tends to mess up images? Hands and text seem to be the things it has the most trouble with.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
C. A. Tinctorius' Wondiferous Medicinal Elixative, guaranteed to cure all ailments, available at any reputable corner pharmacolodeon or apothecary.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

My Spirit Otter posted:

they definitely will, but thats only so they can disable your boners unless you pay a monthly subscription fee

1x BonerBooster $9.99

3x BonerBoosters $28.99

10x BonerBooster BEST DEAL!!! $44.99

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

It is the beating of his hideous lemon!"

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

One simple trick to stay warm for the rest of your life.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

redshirt posted:

She fights alongside Pissjug Man

To defeat the evil machinations of The Poopsocker.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.214...i8192?entry=ttu

Someone made a spider statue out of a VW Beetle outside of Carson City, NV. It was always a fun thing to look for when driving past.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
Some people just like making displays of stuff. Toys, guns, stamps, paintings, jars of ashes that used to be Hitler paintings, there's all kinds of stuff.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

blight rhino posted:

uhhhh, a child is missing.

Statistically speaking, one of them is probably in the closet and terrified to come out.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Catastrophe posted:

You know, doctor... I'm just not quite sure about all that.

People without experience with Navy medicine probably won't recognize the scariest part of that blurb.

The best Navy flight surgeon I ever knew once told me "Navy flight surgeons are the absolute last people you should go to for medical advice. We're not qualified to deal with anything more serious than a stubbed toe or common cold."

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Liquid Chicken posted:

TV placement like that in the waiting room when you're getting your car repaired.

I was thinking sports bar, but that works too.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

A rose made of tongues? How does it taste?

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

I saw it when it was in theaters. I keep forgetting how old I actually am.

I grew up knowing it as the ever-expanding line of direct to video sequels, it never even occurred to me that the first one would have had a theatrical release. It's like the platonic ideal of "battered library VHS tape" in my mind.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Seems to be a trend with current older actors. She's already earned all the accolades, starred in everything from small intimate movies to big blockbusters. She's getting older and probably just wants to have some fun, eat some craft services, and get an easy paycheck.

No ones ever turned down more money because they weren't hard up for money.

I remember seeing a quote from some distinguished actor about a lovely movie that he took a role in, along the lines of "I haven't seen the movie, but I have seen the new wing of my house that it paid for".

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

davidspackage posted:

lol, got my wish:

Apparently "the Unknown" was ChatGPT's idea for a Willy Wonka antagonist in the AI-generated script, but I wonder whose idea it was to dress and act him as a dark hell man who kids will imagine crawling from behind their mirror for years to come.

Willy Wonka and the Torment Nexus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

By popular demand posted:

OH GOD TELL ME THIS ISNT REAL

https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=what+is+today%27s+date