Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I've read the first 2 books in the TBP series, and I'll make the hot take that they aren't really good. The characters basically do nothing, and the overall plot is ludicrous. That said, a lot of Sci Fi is garbage, so it isn't that bad comparatively, but it isn't a masterwork. Its possible I'm missing something and its actually a deep level critique of chinese culture, but the surface level story is not "loving great".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

It’s been so long since I’ve seen Roadhouse, but didn’t our hero just straight up kill all the bad guys at the end and the cops looked the other way while he did it?

No, the townspeople also came in and shotgunned the boss.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

kntfkr posted:

please don't join fetlife

Looks like someone wants to hoard all the fet.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Yaldabaoth posted:

Jesus why are so many celebrities pushing this NFT poo poo? It should have been obvious enough from the name that the creators were so delusional, they thought NFTs would make enough money for their owners to spend the rest of their days dicking about on yachts.

They are being paid to do so.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

For those not familiar, the custard style needs to be very carefully cooked, then cooled before being put in the ice cream machine. The eggless style ingredients can be placed in an ice cream machine directly without cooking.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

We called 'em sand crabs; when we were kids, we'd dig them up on the beach, near the tide-line, all the time. They don't bite & can't pinch.

No idea why someone would collect a boxful of them, though

Maybe an aquarium collected them for an exhibit/food for animals?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Waltzing Along posted:

What is 18,5?

European for 18.5

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Cacafuego posted:

They pissed in the sink?

Next you're gonna say you don't poop in the convenient men's room mini toilets.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Owlbino

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

bar88537 posted:

Sounds like y'all might want cotton candy Faygo.

I tried it like 10 years ago and I think it tasted less sweet than your average soda somehow.

Occasionally you'll find someone making a cotton candy sparkling wine. It is beyond grotesque.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Tomfoolery posted:

Oops wrong button, have some curse

Johnny Dentonic

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

BEDS AREN'T BUGS!!!

I suppose chairs aren't dogs too, mister

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

These AI videos get more disturbing by the day.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Butterfly Valley posted:

Whereas we chopped all of our forests down and literally started the industrial revolution to get access to deeper and deeper sources of coal because we'd already mined and burned everything that was closer to the surface, and then reaped the rewards of being the first industrialised nation to get a stranglehold on the world, colonise the gently caress out of it, and hoard its resources for our own benefit. You don't get to be on the high horse now given the damage we already did.

Like yes two wrongs don't make a right and climate science is a relatively recent development but '-istan' countries and the rest of the developing world absolutely have a right to point out the rank hypocrisy of viewpoints such as yours which try to claim the moral high ground.

:jerkbag:

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Wingnut Ninja posted:

It blows my mind that while aircraft carriers are indeed mind-bogglingly massive, the aforementioned floating hedonism shrine is equal to about two and a half Nimitz-class carriers in tonnage.

Nuclear powered cruise ships?

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

Someone went on a shopping spree and dozens of people in the GBS Ukraine thread got hillaried.

Hillarious.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

https://youtu.be/nO9aot9RgQc

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Cocaine Bear posted:

I prefer the long egg

Book of the long egg

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Tarkus posted:

WTC is that?

Looks like cheese.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

In the future, ai will generate new episodes of all past tv shows and broadcast them out into the universe.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

That basically looks like a traffic circle with more parts.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

CuwiKhons posted:

The explanation I saw was that they're trying to combat racism in AI by randomly (and invisibly) inserting "ethnically ambiguous" into submitted prompts, except AI is loving stupid so sometimes it just adds the words "ethnically ambiguous" to the picture somewhere.

Yes the AI is stupid, but that would also be pro tier malicious compliance.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Linux doesn't have ads natively in the desktop.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

This guy gets it.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

PainterofCrap posted:

FWIW I once roasted a turkey with the giblet pack still stuffed in. Only thing that saved my rear end was that they were wrapped in butcher's paper instead of plastic.

Thought it was weird that there was a neck in the cavity but no giblets. After a brief, fruitless search I :shrug: and sent it. Turns out, they were still frozen into the skin flap at the north end of the bird.

They are probably wrapped in paper for this very reason.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

This is the perfect distillation of a cursed image.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Karate Bastard posted:

All these buttons give you various flavors of food, but one connects gasoline to your bidet........ dare you press the buttons............

These Saw sequels keep going downhill.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Kit Walker posted:

Every profession has at least some people with terminal copbrain who are compelled to exert what little authority they have to punish other people arbitrarily and as often as possible. There should really be a way to screen for that

That's what complaining to the manager is for.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Dogs sit like this all the time. :confused:

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I am Legend, but its about a guy taking vengeance on the geese.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

steinrokkan posted:

Now you can use AR goggles to make <insert chain restaurant name> food look edible at last

This is why ARby's is already so tasty.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Cartoon Man posted:

That cat video has nothing on the jolly pumpkin farmer.

https://i.imgur.com/c4LWjge.mp4

Tom Bombadil

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

I'm gonna start a pig tapper company.

You'll have to sponsor an extreme pig showmanship league.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I should call me

Follow your dreams.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

A warehouse next to slums is the most dystopian image? Please, thats nothing.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

UwUnabomber posted:

I've never regretted putting something in my body more than this.

I had a cotton candy flavored sparkling wine that was just vile.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I gained a bunch of weight when I stopped drinking, explain that smart guy

Once the alcohol induced diarrhea stops, you are better able to retain food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

I. M. Gei posted:

It's not that crazy

Having thousands of open tabs is totally deranged.