Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Referee posted:

Would be great if you could put a link to the new thread in the old thread for those of us who don’t venture out of our bookmarks page much, I couldn’t remember what parent forum had this thread :)

Devor posted:

Please add a link to this thread from the old one

If you're gonna shut down the bar, be a doll and call us a taxi to take us to a bar that's open so we can keep drinking.

In Costco news, gonna go to the Costco in Tigard OR tomorrow (got too late a start today and it's gonna be real hot out...), I think. Not gonna get the kimchi because I'm also gonna swing by H mart and get some kewpie and other staples. Just need dog food since we're on vacation!

El Jebus fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jul 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Mustached Demon posted:

Please do not steal from the Church.

Walmart and Kroger-affiliated stores are fair game.

If you see someone stealing, no you didn't.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

dphi posted:

Oh hey that's my local Costco :hfive:

No rotis chickens in Tigard today! I was sad.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Just had a fun trip to a Canadian Costco. Felt the same but also different. Similar layout and items, but different brands for similar things. Then, the big twist at the end was realizing Canadian Costco takes Mastercard instead of Visa like US Costcos. Still got a dog and a "pop"!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Went to co

Air blowers be sold out :shepspends:

What kind of air are you needing to blow? Come on out to the desert, you can use my AC, we run it 24/7! And then we can take the van to costco and look at couches!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

bagmonkey posted:

Went to Costco last night, bought what appears to be not-lovely wet cat food. I will report back as I test them on my cats.

I'd be interested to hear about how this goes. We had a really picky cat and now we just have a slightly picky cat, but we are looking at kittens and I'd love to get them on better food right off the bat and not let them know there is garbage food out there.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

One day I feel like buying a knife pack, a 2 pack of cutting boards, and a couple bags of onions and just go to town dicing onions for people in the costco food court.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

The Coachella Valley Costcos don't have the dew on tap, either. They don't even have good lemonade or iced tea. It is always diet lemonade and raspberry ice tea.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

Mason jars to replace the ones my wife filled with weed

You are supposed to smoke the weed to get your mason jars back.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I just buy a new cooler at costco every time I buy frozen stuff. Easier than remembering to bring the cooler with me.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

be assured I am shaking my fist at this post.

Same.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Just popped into my local church for an eye exam and a slice. Few hundred later (exam and contacts) and I can see again!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Ror posted:

They’re should be a Costco members only jacket you can wear instead of flashing your card.

Lol, and if they cancel your membership a large employee walks up to you and demands you hand in your card AND jacket.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Ok but what did you build with them??

A cabin, what else do you build with logs?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Just had some of the crab and corn chowder and while it was a little on the sweet side for my tastes, adding a dash of hot sauce makes it quite delicious!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

bird with big dick posted:

Made Costco Christmas Eve dinner for my wife and her boyfriend, Costco crab, Costco mixed seafood, and clam chowder made with the 51 ounce can of costco clam.

No costco box of wine?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I like every sticker below the window. Impressive feat, rarely seen.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

heavy liquid posted:

I made the mistake of buying this. It was a mistake because I have no self control with these and usually eat way too many.

These are my dog's favorite treats. He would figuratively murder someone for a jug of those.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

No one ever loses money on gas.

If they aren't making record profits, are they not losing (out on more) money?

*edited for clarity*

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Teabag Dome Scandal posted:

Fairly certain the whole packers at costco are choice

The packers are all prime at the costcos near me. The flats are often choice.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

We got a Fisher & Paykel drawer dishwarsher and absolutely love it. I can have one load running while still filling the other drawer. Since there are only 2 people in the house, we often only run one at a time but when we have guests we can run em both. I thought it was gonna be a problem at first because they are designed to take powder instead of gel or tablets but now that I've been using it I think it does a much better job.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

topenga posted:

My boyfriend does this. I told him the day we got the freezer "THIS IS NOT STORAGE SPACE."
Narrator: It did indeed become storage space.

So. To remind him "I loving told you so", every time I need something put in or out of the freezer, I make him move all the poo poo. (because it's his poo poo).
Harumph.

Everything in our garage is covered in stuff except for the chest freezer. I might put things on top of it when I am unloading the car after a trip, but anything that doesn't go inside gets tossed onto the workbench pile.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Here in the desert, no one stays in the parking lot any longer than they have to because the sun will kill you if you don't hurry up and get inside.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

LiterallyATomato posted:

Hey! I ordered RX glasses at Costco and they're ready! Do I need my receipt to pick them up or can I just go in with my Costco Card and they'll find it that way?

I've never needed either, but you'll have your costco card handy since you just walked in. For contacts they just hand em to you when you tell em your name, but for glasses they* usually want you to grab a number so they can have you put them on in front of them to make sure they fit and the rx is right and all that. They'll maybe ask for your card or an ID but usually they just ask your name.

*my local optical department, the one you go to might be different

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I'm off to costco. All this chicken talk got me wantin a slice of pizza and a bottle of gin.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I succeeded! Pep slices and gin! Also some on sale charcoal, whiskey, cheddar, and of course the dog pool to see if my big dog wants to splash around in some water!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I haven't been disappointed by any of the costco desserts, they've always been ok to very good, imo. But I got the lemon meringue cheesecake recently for a small party and holy smokes, it is delicious. They nailed it. Don't buy it, because you will eat the whole thing. The party goers only ate about half of it and I've been working on it the last few days and have it down to a quarter. It is rich, creamy, tangy, decent bottom crust, and just wonderful. I am so fat.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Did anyone ever observe how Costco Monday thru Thursday immediately transitions into a senior cafeteria at 11:30AM?

My costcos are constantly senior cafeterias, but I live near a poo poo ton of retirement communities.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

err posted:

Anyone recommend eyeglasses from Costco? If I have my perscription can I just use it there?

I go to the optometrist in the costco and then go get glasses and contacts. The whole setup is nice. Pretty good selection of frames and contacts. Some good lens options, too, if that's your jam.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

thathonkey posted:

at lowes the few employees that are at the store openly despise and avoid all forms of customer interaction (i mean ... fair).

This doesn't match my experience at any of the lowes and HDs in my area. They are basically the same = soulless big box hardware stores with some friendly and some unfriendly folks at various levels of helpfulness.

I actively dislike Lowe's newish account bullshit. I don't want to have to give you my phone number to log in to my account to get my discounts. Just let me flash my ID and have the cashier give it to me. HD still lets me do that.

Costco rules.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Say hi, ask how their day is, and thank them for being helpful and they would probably let you return a $5 rotis chicken skeleton after you made stock. Being friendly is like a golden ticket that unlocks the secret perks at every store. And if you want a friend for life, fill out a comment card and mention how helpful that person was and how it made your day and it has you consider upgrading your membership (even if you are already an executive member)!

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I went to costco today.

I bought things.

They had kimchi with two 'g's and I didn't buy it. I already have kimchi at home.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Fatrick posted:

As a Canadian, I hate that we can't buy booze in Costco like you Americans can... I remember hitting the Costco on Maui and seeing giant bottles of Rum and Gin for next to nothing and being really sad that I can't buy that poo poo at home.

Depends on where in the US, too. I can buy really cheap booze in the California Costcos but the moment I get into Oregon I can only buy wine and beer. And Washington state Costco is taxed to hell and back compared to the California locations.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

The worst salad is ambrosia. Hope that helps.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Thinkin about that lemon meringue cheesecake from a few weeks back. I want another one.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Sloppy posted:

I tried the Yai's Thai Curry Sauce on a whim and it was ...fine in a pretty meh way. I added a poo poo ton of chili powder and some more salt and improved it immensely.

I have also recently tried both their yellow and red curry sauces, and they were both just ok, imo. Serviceable if you need something quick, but just not what I wanted.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I also just went to costco. Saw a lady buying 3 jars of the double G. Barely bought anything but I still spent $200.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

We like our foam mattress.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

I love my Fisher and Paykel dishwasher, but I get that the drawer style doesn't work for everyone. And you can't get it at Costco, so maybe I should just not mention it...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Cheesus posted:

God drat these guys.

Living in Vermont, this is the second year in a row that the tire center has proactively called me in August to schedule season tire exchange in the fall.

Getting winter tires installed can be a big deal if you are where it snows and are not full-on shut-ins who wisely don't leave the house when it snows. I would be such, except I have a kid in school and we have relatives in Maine and Massachusetts that we travel to visit during winter.

Seasonal tire exchange is unfortunately something I don't really put in a calendar and typically end up remembering to call in mid-October. By then, scheduling online is usually booked out beyond December and the tire center is an absolute mad house with nobody answering phones.

I made sure to tell this guy how much I appreciated his call.

Next time you are in your local Co, write a note about how helpful that person is. I've heard it goes a long way with management.