Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I got the Karina's Kulfi Bars (popsicles) this weekend and they are not very good. The pistachio and almond ones are decent but the mango and Malai bars were very bland.

Don't get me wrong I am going to eat the whole box but I would have rather had something else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Where do these fabled 505 Chili's usually live? The same aisle as tomato sauce/salsa/etc. or fridge? All the mentions of them in this thread make me want to try them, but I must keep walking by them and not noticing them each trip.

They are seasonal and the season is over where I am

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

schreibs posted:

Faith in the 'co shook. Booked booster shots for my wife and I 30 minutes apart with the idea one of us would shop with the toddler and then swap. When I went to check in for my appointment they told me to just have her come and they would do them at the same time. Sure, that sounds fine to me, praise be. What happened next I have no idea. I sat in the waiting chair long after my appointment, then 30 minutes later for my wifes appointment still waiting...Finally after 50 minutes of the toddler pulling poo poo off the shelves around the pharmacy they call us back. I asked the guy if they were busy and he no joke said "nah sometimes I just tune my staff out when they are asking me for something". Hey Zeus Cristo. This guy had to have been sampling the drugs he was pushing.

If I worked in a pharmacy the best part of my day would be stabbing customers with needles

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I made one before with real pumpkins. lol gently caress ever doing that again.

:smith:

I just bought 2 pair of pants from Costco. Both 36x32. Different brands. One pair's legs are like 6 inches longer lol.

Costco pants rule, haters vacate

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Yeah like the past 5 pair of jeans I got were from Costco. Sucks I can't try them on but I they're cheap and quality and I'll play that roulette.

I get the most comfortable dress pants from there for like $25. Returns are easy so no problem. It just sucks that they rarely have the same clothing in stock for more than a few months.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

strangehamster posted:

I got a Paulaner assortment from Costco last week and it’s excellent. It’s six lagers, six hefe, six marzen, and six doublebock.

Sounds good, paulaner makes a great doppelbock and their beers are generally excellent

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Enos Cabell posted:

Onion people are starting to get strong Rick and Morty Szechuan Sauce vibes, it's not a chill look.

I don't think anybody is going out of their way to bust the balls of some poor service industry workers except for that lovely boomer

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Kaddish posted:

Yeah I always thought that was interesting. I wonder who used it first.

I think that's a royalty free tune from incompetech

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Chinatown posted:

twas a good day.

eggwraps were the impulse buy.

(going back tomorrow because i forgot TP/towels :negative: )

That looks like a nice TV...

For me to poupon!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Smugworth posted:

Personally I am not a fan of the fizz and poke a hole in the top of my Jongga (TOWTG) but I respect your preference

I like slightly less fermented kimchi and got an excellent container of Jongga from Costco. After I finished that one I went back a month later and the next container was super funky. Maybe somebody put it on a shelf at room temp for a while before returning it to the fridge.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Renegret posted:

A coworker once ate kimchi at his desk. Someone mistook the smell for a gas leak, called security, and had the whole building evacuated.

That's my kimchi story thank you for coming to my Ted talk.

The gas leak comes later

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Gaius Marius posted:

Spindrift wasn't even worth stealing when I worked a previous job and had the opportunity. Absolute trash tier. Get some real sparkling water like Polar

I'm going to support you since nobody else is. Spindrift is awful, their grapefruit seltzer tastes like bile. Just because something is made with a tiny bit of juice doesn't mean it tastes better. Polar is good, LaCroix can be good if you stick with their citrus flavors, and their citrus flavors (haven't checked the others) are naturally sourced (e.g. grapefruit extract).

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

In Quebec city, and blessed to see the hot dog is still $1.50, which is only $1.12 in freedom dollars. Also bought a bunch of maple syrup, fresh cheese curds, and Cadbury chocolate for cheap!!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

pentyne posted:

They can make the chili with the old hot dogs.

Imagine the burps a Costco hot dog topped with chili made of Costco hot dogs would give you

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

bagmonkey posted:

Anyone else get a hot dog and drink with free refill when they first enter Costco and then do their shopping and then get a slice on the way out? Thinkin this might be The Way

Always get food on the way out or eat in the food court if I am hungry when I get in. Carts are filthy, don't want to be touching that if I am eating.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Toxic Mental posted:

Huge, grandiose shower thought: Costco food court is the school lunch cafeteria for adults

A soda and a dog is still cheaper than my subsidized high school lunch program. I graduated from high school 20 years ago (gently caress)

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

:same:

I got that lovely school pizza and a milk for $2 or something. 99-01

Think I already told you this but there was a Kwik trip a block away from my highschool that had 3 hotdogs and a 44 oz soda for $1.49 (hot dog station has a toppings bar too). I think school lunch was like $1.89. Just awful for you but it sure beat whatever the 300 calorie lunch at school was.

Also Hot N' Now had 4 hamburgers for $1 on Tuesdays so we would drive there sometimes.

2000-2002

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

redreader posted:

Any good snacks or holiday items at Costco to keep an eye out for? My wife is going tomorrow. I think other people mentioned the Thornton one near top golf, it's my "local" one, but still about 20 minutes away.

Kirkland Chocolates of the World, different every year and always kicks rear end

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

The Oz dollar is trading lower than the Loonie so it might be The Cheapest Costco Dog...In The World.

Hot dog arbitrage opportunity right here

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

FCKGW posted:

According to people high up at Wireless Advocates (who are all fired now so they can speak freely on Reddit), Costco was making a lot of money from the phone kiosks and the website but that the customer experience was just absolute dogshit and generated a ton of member complaints. Costco was demanding improved staffing a better customer experience before considering negotiating the contract and that Wireless Advocates just botched the whole thing.

Costco has a pilot launch of selling ATT phones themselves in about 13 stores. I'm guessing they're gonna just launch that nationwide now. Real shame because Costco had some of the best T-mobile deals.

Just use mint wireless, works with any phone, $15 a month.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

love the new thread title

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Mr. Sausage makes a sausage out of a costco rotisserie chicken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=684h8GVaQgY

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

canyoneer posted:

The brown sugar boba popsicles are amazing. Grab a box if you see them.

Between those and the occasional Melona, Costco's popsicle game is world class

I can't buy these anymore since I have a distinct lack of self control around sweets. Both are very amazing.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Woodsy Owl posted:

The Bounty Advanced paper towels now smell like rear end, just like the Kirkland ones do. Specifically when wet. Smells like musty old wet paper.

Costco is slipping.

stop using paper towels to wipe your rear end

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Went to Costco today and the checkout line stretched across the entire store, all the way to tbe dairy section. They did have eggs, which is good because the trader joes I went to first did not have any left.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Zero VGS posted:

You know what I hate, the self-checkout robot voice says “Thank you for shopping at Cost Co” like even with a pause between both syllables.

It’s pronounced Cosco ffs

No

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Costco Pepsi Co

I wish they would have a second diet option like diet mountain dew. Diet pepsi is gross.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Laterite posted:

Your poisoned digestive system is making the municipal sewer system too loving crowded.

not emptyquoting

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Smugworth posted:

Free Chinatown samples

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Ayndin posted:

I was worried about the organic frozen strawberry recall but looking at the FDA page it looks like nothing involved is from my state. Seems like mostly CA/HI.

Lately I have been having some bouts of gale force farts, and while with the current state of my GI system it could be literally anything, I suspect it might be the Simply Protein soy protein keto bars that are on sale? Doing some process of elimination to try and figure out the culprit. It’ll be unfortunate if they are, they’ve got good protein/calories and taste okay making them a good ‘I am too lazy for a proper meal’ option.

Do they contain chicory root powder? That poo poo destroys me.

Edit: they do, it's the second ingredient, it's a bulk fiber filler that your gut bacteria goes to town on. It's also in fiber one bars and the chocolate nut bars Costco sells.

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 20, 2023

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I got a new smoker and I read that the Co has decent brisket for smoking.

Has anyone bought one recently? This is my first time trying it.

Other great things to smoke:
Skin on Steelhead trout sides they sell at costco in the seafood section - pull it when it hits an internal temp of 140f https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/smoked-salmon-recipe-1938429

PIT BEEF (top or bottom round) https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/beef-and-bison-recipes/amped-roast-beef-cheap-baltimore-pit-beef-recipe/

Smoking meat thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3460953

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

CaptainSarcastic posted:

All waters flavored with "essences" suck. Goddamn essential oil cargo culting bullshit, as far as I'm concerned. Give me Spindrift or the San Pellegrino that isn't loaded with sugar, or just give me a loving soda.

Spindrift tastes like poo poo, sorry. Polar and Lacroix grapefruit (best flavor) are so much better than Spindrift's grapefruit. Also essential oils used for flavorings aren't a cargo cult lmao - this isn't aromatherapy or homeopathy, it's a beverage. If I'm making a recipe where I want to flavor something with citrus I'm going to use the rind, where the oils (i.e. concentrated flavors) are. There are tons of citrus varieties that have been used exclusively for oil extraction (bergamot for Earl Grey tea for example) for a long time.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

I'm ready for some discount hams

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Vegetable posted:

Has anyone done the price comparison to see if Costco kimchi is actually cheaper than at an Asian grocery store?

It's definitely cheaper at Costco than at HMart in the Boston area, like half the price

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

Going to Costco today

I'm jealous, I haven't been in like a month

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Bread Zeppelin posted:

What kind of fukken noob parks in an area where parking would be contested? Pros always park at the edge of the lot where it's empty and you don't spend 20 minutes waiting for people to walk past to get to a spot.

Have you ever lived in a city before? I've definitely had situations where there are cars circling around for any spot because the lot is totally full.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

yoloer420 posted:

I'm losing faith :(

The last couple of trips to Costco they've not had any of the things I was looking to buy. It is pretty grim. Here is a list of the things I wanted which they didn't have:
  • Large bottles of purple grape juice
  • 1.8KG tub of jelly belly jellybeans
  • Spaggetti squash
  • Mangos
  • The kind of trash bags I like
  • Tito's Vodka
  • Assorted vegan freezer items

And the food court line was been obscenely long, so I didn't even get pizza :(

We've replaced your items with the following substitutions:
Karo Syrup
Black beans
Spaghetti
Potato
The kind of trash bags you don't like
Potato
Meat

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

did you try thee business center

There's only 23 Costco business centers in the US and 10 of them are in California, which is bullshit. I live in a metro area of 4.5 million people and the closest one is 4 states away in New Jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

I hope you do better with this one than the one you posted on page 170