Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Chinatown posted:

Last year my sister went to a 4th of July block party that had a mac and cheese competition.

She used Costco mac and cheese and just added bacon and won.

:ninja:

I used to work at a very expensive pasta themed restaurant where we made all of the different kinds of pasta in house. You could also buy our pasta to go and make at home. It really was all home made, except for the tortellinis, which we just got from costco and shamefully sold as our own. They were extremely popular lol.

pencilhands fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Oct 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

sams club has the hot dog soda combo for 1.38 now

https://www.wsj.com/articles/frankfurter-wars-sams-club-undercuts-costco-with-1-38-hot-dog-combo-11668550596

just tore up my costco membership

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I brought the 5.99 pumpkin pie to thanksgiving this year and it was a success

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

slice of cheese pizza and an iced tea for lunch, like 2.50 and I’m stuffed

what value

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I usually get my credit card reward in February I think.

same

usually comes out to about 65 bucks which hey, it pays for the membership

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Is there any chance of the food court returning to its former glory some day?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

StormDrain posted:

They've always had sesame seeds.

new mandela effect

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Anyone try this?

https://old.reddit.com/r/Costco/comments/10dnjnd/the_costco_hot_dog_chicken_bake_an_experience/

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Looks like I'm getting about 65 bucks again this year. I'm a membership pays for itself kinda guy. :)

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

FCKGW posted:

This very thread came up with that idea like a year or two ago! :mad:

My bad. I only started following this topic recently.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Zero VGS posted:

The whole reason I renewed my US card was to go to the Costco in Iceland while on vacation and it worked perfectly, they’re supposed to work everywhere.

Iceland’s food court is 10 times better, they have a barbecue chicken combo slice, cheeseburger, and gelato. Tried them all, two thumbs way up.

what the gently caress

why does our food court have to suck rear end

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

heavy liquid posted:

I made the mistake of buying this. It was a mistake because I have no self control with these and usually eat way too many.

These things are utterly insane. I used to work somewhere they always had a tub of em in the break room and I was such a greedly little poo poo for them

And this was the BJs brand. I shudder to think of the demonic magic the kirkland signature ones possess

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

do chicken bakes make anyone elses farts smell like a rotting skunk carcass

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Zero VGS posted:

You don't need a membership for any Costco Pharmacy in any country. You will however need Cash/Debit/Visa/GiftCard for any copay, so don't expect to waltz in with a Mastercard: https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/796/~/do-i-need-a-membership-to-purchase-prescription-drugs%3F

They have the best generics, and also had the largest selection of Covid vaccines with the lowest lines of all places I checked including CVS and the VA.

How does it work that places like costco and walmart can sell generic meds for like $10 without insurance while you go to somewhere like CVS and it's over $100?

pencilhands fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Feb 9, 2023

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

SirPablo posted:

Do you tip the gas pumper?

No, but I avoid full service pumps whenever possible. There are a couple towns in MA which mandate them and frankly it's not my problem when I'm forced to work there.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Tokelau All Star posted:

Years ago when I was strapped for cash I would shop at Costco without a cart. I would only buy whatever I could carry to the register.

Whenever I try this I end up with more than I can carry and have to do the walk of shame back to the carts.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Psion posted:

I just read the other day sales of hard seltzers are cratering so hopefully nobody, because its days are numbered

man i hope not, i love grapefruit white claws

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

need some gooncomendations: what are the best prepared foods to get? I mean the stuff in the meat section that pretty much just requires you to pop it in the oven like kebabs etc.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Phraggah posted:

Apparently sighted in Lynnwood WA

wow this is definitely what I wanted and not the loving combo slice

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Someone in the costco c suite gets off on making the food court suck rear end. That’s the only explanation left. This is a humiliation ritual

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

slurm posted:

how does anyone even go to the food court it's probably the most complicated and hectic restaurant in town, same with the gas station, i went there for the first time today and it's like why, is the gas really good or something

The gas is like 20 cents a gallon cheaper than anywhere else where I live. As for the food court the pizza is amazing for the price point.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

what will they say if i buy a hotdog and ask for the onion relish on it?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

just filled up my gas tank and picked up 2 cheese slices and a chicken bake.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I just picked up their generic zyrtec a week ago - it's called aller-tec. Is there a difference between the two?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Why does the cheese pizza have more calories than the pepperoni pizza?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

are the wagyu steaks worth it?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Dinosaurs! posted:

I don’t normally hit up the food court because I have a toddler and he’s on the verge of losing it by the time we’re checking out. Just tried a chicken bake for the first time since I keep seeing people mention it here and assumed it was just chicken and cheese in a crust. Here’s my trip report: it’s disgusting and I tossed it after three bites.

prepare to rip some heinous farts

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Welcome to BJ's. I suck you

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

My cash back certificate for my costco visa just rolled out

$60.38

Perfect. Free membership

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Just redeemed my credit card rewards. Warning to anyone else intending to do so, they apparently no longer process this at the customer service desk, you have to go to a register. Don't waste 20 minutes in line like I did. :doh:

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Redeeming for cash was the only way I knew to do it. Can you get it as a credit on your card somehow? I have very little use for cash.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

just went to church to get the meme pizza - the motor city deep dish. quite a few fellow shoppers had it in their carts. i will report back with results.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Enos Cabell posted:

meme pizza? They've had that for years now, it's good!

Just had it. That was the bomb dot com!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

death cob for cutie posted:

just had my first costco run, takeaways:

- they didn't have dick for sparkling water today but tbh my favorite kind is the target generic so that may be a no-go lol
- somehow I didn't find oat milk anywhere? I may be blind
- they did have my favorite cereal and the fig bars that I like at an incredible discount from standard grocery prices so I got two months worth of each for a grand total of like sixty bucks
- didn't hit the food court because my guts have been fucky all day
- gonna have to get some of those thin-sliced frozen chicken breasts after I run out of mine because drat

in conclusion: PBUC

saw this as well and was tempted but I have had like a shitton of pizza in the past week so I decided tonight was not the night. hoping it's good when I try it because I love detroit-style deep dish but the last two times I've tried it frozen have been... I would hesitate to call a frozen pizza "traumatic" but the digiorno deep dish I tried with the pan you bake it in was so dogshit I couldn't even finish a slice
Don’t worry! I’m a frozen pizza aficionado and this stuff was really good.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I feel like they must lose money on gas too. It’s always way cheaper than everywhere else

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

man those motor city pizzas were good but my rear end is ripping up a storm this morning.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Wendigee posted:

Lol go to an emergency care clinic

“Help doctor I fart too much”

What are they gonna say

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Costco is one of my favorite places to rip rear end. It’s so big and full of so many people that you can anonymously crop dust easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

acidx posted:

fart jokes are the height of comedy imo.

:emptyquote: