Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lazyfire posted:

CT is probably going to go a bit better because 1) CT remembers this poo poo; everyone I know can tell you where they were when they heard the shooting happened. It would be difficult to get a jury with enough chuds on it who won't have an emotional reaction to hearing Jones call it fake and a hoax. 2) Leonard Pozner spent YEARS fighting misinformation about his son's death online and got endlessly harassed both on the internet and real life by the weirdos who believe Alex. He was instrumental in getting a bunch of InfoWars stuff taken off YouTube because Alex posted his personal details including home address online. His ex wife, Veronique De La Rosa, experienced a ton of harassment as well and is part of the suit. This is direct-can-tie-to-Infowars stuff. Alex was always more worried about the CT case, he did less loving around with representation here (even if Norm Pattis is not an ideal choice in any scenario) and launched this most recent bankruptcy sham to avoid this trial specifically.

I only want to say that while it may be difficult to get a jury that is chuddy enough, if you live here too, you know that there are plenty of shitbird right wingers in this state who adore trump and alex jones

It’s not impossible for the jury to be p. Chuddy, is all I’m saying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wouldnt the answer to such a thing be to google the phrase “csam definition acronym” or something to that effect?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Morroque posted:

Not to be pedantic about it, but Jesus walked around 11 security guards and one narc. Alex is missing the extra narc.

I suspect in this case, alex is his own judas

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Confusedslight posted:

After this trial I'm going to take a long break from consuming any Alex Jones related content. I.e knowledge fight, articles about him etc. Always ends up making me feel mad and negative in the long run and life's too short for that sort of poo poo.

Hope he ends up losing alot of money, but he has a stupidly large and loyal following and they will never stop giving him money. gently caress Alex Jones and gently caress the meda for always providing him way too much air time to sprout his nonsense.

This is why i waffle very strongly on listening to knowledge fight

It is funny and they do a good job of skewering alex’s bullshit, but it still means i have to listen to his bullshit

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZbJ7PFlnH8

I like this guy's car content for reasons that escape me, and he got brought up on Infowars, and Alex got literally every point in the guy's video wrong

My separate spheres of entertainment are not supposed to cross over like this

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

LifeSunDeath posted:

can't believe all these people got radicalized by a drunk lunatic. like how stupid can you be to follow that guy.

That’s the most american tradition there is

Being duped into joining a cult by a drunken grifter has been happening for the entire span of usa history

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

LifeSunDeath posted:

oh here's another one, lol wealth gorilla:

That doesnt look like alex, alex doesn’t ever look that happy and peaceful. Maybe that could be a straight-haired George Wendt?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
But ha ha ha he doesn’t have that kind of money, he may have had millions coming in daily but he is so bad at business, he blew all the money already

Obviously there is nothing the government can do, they have the wrong fringe on their flag and everything

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

So, like we know Alex Jones has spent years nakedly hiding all his money in shell companies, and in a just society that would be quickly smacked down, but has anything come of that? Or are all these verdicts just running up the score on something that'll never pay out?

His bankruptcy proceedings were not going well, and an independent party was being put in charge of his finances

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Outpost22 posted:

You think he won't run again?

Campaign again, maybe. Run again…? Not so much.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alkydere posted:

Please, please, please don't tempt me with a future where Alex Jones' hole in the media stays empty. That sounds too much like a good time!

Of course if it does it'll probably be because the world has moved on and he's replaced by someone/something worse.

I suspect it’s this

There just isn’t a form of media one to one exactly the same as the basically dead radio industry. Radio died a hard death and now only reaches boomers and up, really, and the practice of having radio djs be small-time celebrities within a market due to lack of options bred people with the ability to do this rambling for hours. Iheartradio, formerly clear channel communication, is trying to corner the podcast game the way it sucked the radio market dry, by the by. Maybe the corporate structure has gotten better since it murdered radio creativity.

Maybe.

I think alex is one of the last holdouts of the radio djs made famous, and that particular angle to fame has basically become an impossible task. But we will see someone become alt right famous off of tiktok, if we havent already done so, for example.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Always nice when a faded star from yesteryear becomes born again, loses their mind and goes hard right wing

I wonder if the maga folk will get really concerned about the plight of the tamil when she comes onto hannity

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The thing that tickles me about alex rolling deep with 15 security goons is that i remember the old days of him chasing down hecklers and trying to get extremely in their face about it

Cenk can go gently caress himself, but

https://youtu.be/ZbZor2HNPps

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

SolTerrasa posted:

oh come on. this is literally Alex Jones poo poo. don’t well-actually a kid’s death like it matters whether he was literally holding the kid for his very last heartbeat or not.

When he is trying to represent himself as a mourning parent who was there for every painful second of it, except in reality he wasn’t there and did not give a poo poo, it is extremely relevant

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Upsidads posted:

We already knew ye likes Hitler but does Ye "like like" Hitler?

Yes

“all humans bring something to the table

Especially hitler”
-ye west, 2022

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Cowman posted:

I have to say I'm surprised Jones tried to say the Holocaust happened or at least implied it. Considering how much he "dogwhistles" (more like outright says it) about the Jews, you'd think he'd be a holocaust denier as well.

The fun angle that i have seen coming up the most about the holocaust lately with nazis and holocaust deniers(ie: nazis) is nitpicking over the amount killed, and how this concentration camp only had this many ovens so how could they possibly have burned that many bodies

And of course the only source cited was “i went to auschwitz and counted the ovens”.

So i think the holocaust denial folks have at least temporarily given up on saying it didn’t happen at all, but are nowadays trying to muddy the waters with bullshit about lying about the total

Its just that old quote about how antisemites will say anything that is politically advantageous to win the argument, and dont believe anything specific other than their racism

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xiahou Dun posted:

Holocaust denial/"questioning"(ughhh) has always been multi-level and complex, going right back to George Lincoln Rockwell, the Ur Holocaust Denier. They have their position (anti-Semitism) and will argue for it as strongly as they think they can get away with as the situation allows. And if those weaker arguments are incompatible with their larger claim that the HoloHoax was actually a conspiracy to destroy the Sacred Whites, well, it's not like personal consistency was ever part of the brand.

Basically, they've always been nit-picking the numbers but you tend to only notice when they're on the back foot for a moment.

Yep, this. There’s a meme that regularly gets posted when someone(like me, yesterday) stupidly gets into a twitter argument with a nazi. I will only say that both i and the guy i was arguing with turned on the full fledged nazi who joined the argument and we told him to gently caress himself

Unforch the other guy was arguing mostly that nazi is a label applied too easily these days and i said “lol do you not know who nick fuentes is”, and he said “no i do not, is that relevant”

All that to say:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mercury_Storm posted:

Is that a... reasonable sum to be paying a bankruptcy lawyer at this point or do you think he's trying to hide more money like when he was paying his personal trainer some ridiculous amount before the verdicts dropped?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ashpanash posted:

Remember, it's Alex Jones. If he manages to get a bigger salary (and he probably will, but probably not what he's asking for,) he'll just spend it on stupid poo poo or put it into some ponzi grift like his "whiskey" company. He's not going to be smart and put it all in some well-protected estate that can't be touched by the impending judgments, he's far too dumb and impulsive for that.

And it's not like he's got any good lawyers left to advise him.

One of the judges also has had an independent third party put in charge of running infowars’ finances because alex hosed around so much during discovery

I don’t believe he is allowed to do stuff like that at the mo’, and they are working on untangling his finances

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
In case any gbs folk have not seen it, the southern poverty law center is releasing some of alex’s texts and lol lmao

https://twitter.com/MichaelEHayden/status/1620877905747398656?s=20&t=gQzkhVW04zVdB8GxDbVVCw

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xiahou Dun posted:

...?

That's an article summarizing it. It's even pretty well written.

Guessing he thought that the tweet i had linked was the first tweet in a thread, instead of a tweet that just happened to contain a link to that article

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

The part that never fails to get me is how Jones had a plan of attack, maps, camoflage, etc...and Ronson just walked right in. It really is stunning how many places you can get into if you just act like you're supposed to be there.

On the plus side, you'd never have to worry about Nixon shaking your hand afterward.

Isn’t jon ronson the guy who realized he may be a psychopath while working on a book on psychopaths, and realized he had just used his psychopathy for good?

Maybe he has that unfuckwithable aura that some people have, that alex absolutely doesn’t

Remember when alex chased down some 20 year old who flipped him off and got in the kid’s face, lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Morter posted:

Martyrs bring in the big bucks. Norm is gonna be rolling in it before long.

Edit: And it doesn't have to be by being a lawyer. He's gonna run the well-trodden "i've been cancelled!" circuit.

Don’t you need charisma and speaking skills for that?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Would alex pivot to saying that al capone was actually a hero fighting the unjust government if he went to jail for tax evasion

Seeing as he would get out and go right back to the radio podcast grift

Whatever happened to the good old days like kevin mitnick being court ordered to never use a computer again? Make alex never be able to broadcast again.

Or never be allowed to drink again.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Killing me that Jones gets some dumbass 'now let's give the benefit of the doubt' guy for his shot while Lakeith Smith had the dumbest 'need to make you feel responsible for something you didn't even do' judge possible, who basically doubled down when questioned on it bc how dare you question me I'm a judge. Blughl America.

You know why

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
How much of this was spurred by the new york times article that was a wet blanket and made it sound like alex is already free and clear?

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

InsertPotPun posted:

submits just a chili recipe but with one of those big rambling preambles.
then when you finally get to the recipe it just says to go to the store and "glam up" some hormel with fritos.

And a single shot of hot sauce

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I bet legal eagle will do a video on this and it will be very funny

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

kw0134 posted:

There's also the basic issue that he's got the one trick pony and if he can't talk about Sandy Hook...what else is left? I'm not sure what his audience is now at this point and what they're looking for.

What in god’s name are you talking about, jones doesn’t need sandy hook under any circumstances. He can talk about biden and the covid vaccine, he can talk about the war in ukraine, he can go back to the old hits of the new world order trying to decrease the population and control people, he can talk about the world economic forum and the world bank and the world trade organization

We are heading into an election and he will undoubtedly spin up bullshit about anyone involved in it other than trump

It’s honestly about time for alex to get super into cryptocurrencies and start really pushing his audience to invest in some dumb loving scamcoin

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

5er posted:

Kurosawa is so good, that my youngest last year at age 10 sat through the entirety of Seven Samurai because he thought it was awesome. He is a bit of a precocious reader for his age so the subs weren't that rough on him, but I seriously expected to lose him through the numerous panoramic shots that Kurosawa was infatuated with. Any director that can hold the attention of a kid who prefers to watch shrieky fart joke Minecraft videos has got chops, alive or dead.

Not for nothing but you werent showing him something that has aged like dogshit for kid interests like when my uncle tried to get me to sit through chitty chitty bang bang

As an adult, fun movie, but as a kid, the magic flying 1920s car didnt do it for me

Samurais kick rear end though, samurais are up there for stuff kids will sit through anything for

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tunicate posted:

sorry, today's kids only watch chitty chitty bang bang when it's a Japanese cover of a Hungarian eurobeat hit

Being used as the backing track to a tiktok

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

yes, but exclusively for Alex Jones

Also the medieval punishment of self-flagellation

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Xiahou Dun posted:

If we’re going really old school, there’s always scold’s bridles. Big awkward metal masks that make it so you can’t talk, locked to your face.

Let’s skip the bullshit and just get a big hollow bronze bull

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Outrail posted:

And amplify the victim's voice? Nobody wants that.

I do.

Because eventually it will stop.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Outrail posted:

Are you suggesting death could shut these fuckwits up?

It has worked so far with Rush Limbaugh

Either that or Rush is enjoying floating in a few feet of piss in his one-person mancave

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

ElegantFugue posted:

Nah, that's the LSD dreamworld where you get the bird men in your party so you don't game over while trying to farm krakens for baseball bats.

They get absolutely wrecked very easily and the little headstones bum me out :(

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

dokmo posted:

I was listening to a podcast and one of the comedian hosts was telling a story that they just worked a gig being a coach at Jay Leno's and Adam Carolla's stand up comedy camp (neither of them were actually there), and one of the comic wannabes who paid $6k to be there asked "why can't i say the n word?" when performing, and it turned out to be Norm Pattis.

I am personally shocked that cancel culture is alive and well at the adam corolla comedy jam

What happened to our brave free speech warriors

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
How about this for a framing

Who was the last comedian to do a full comedy set, be it a half hour or full hour, that is straight up conservative comedy and not just normal comedy from a conservative

And did it do any numbers?

A lot of that will be unanswerable because netflix doesn’t publish their viewership numbers, but for people talking about a comedy special, the only ones in the past few years that I have any awareness of is dave chappelle’s stuff, and it was all universally seen as demented anti-trans ranting and very few laughs

I just don’t think trying to come up with a full comedy set and the conservative worldview mesh

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

There were plenty of people that saw Dave Chappelle's recent stuff as a return to form and brushed off any criticism, especially of his anti-trans bullshit, with "You can't go after royalty"

I have yet to hear a single person actually say which jokes of his in those specials they liked

Even when pressed, they do not come back with things like “here’s your sign” from bill engvall bits or “i kill you” from that ventriloquist

I get the feeling they liked it because he said things they agreed with and maybe laughed at, but it wasn’t independently funny if you are not already a terf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I agree with that, but earlier you said it was universally seen as demented anti-trans ranting and that's just not true. Plenty of chuds, regressives, TERFs, etc. found it "funny"

Fair point, I don’t want to be like elon and call them NPCs. I just never think of those folk as having valid opinions.

Edit: have a single one of those “Cancelled: TRUTHTELLER SPEAKS TRUTH” comedy specials by all the shittiest right wing converts actually gained any traction or are they all just playing to their crowds?

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 1, 2023