Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

So here's probably where you're meant to start, the blue thing's the statue.
Yeah. There's a new waypoint in the chasm and a tunnel right near it that leads under the mountain and to Sumeru, dropping you right on the quest objective. Of course this is just a bit out of the way when literally everyone is just climbing over the hills or gliding in from Liyue or whatever. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Ah, thanks. gently caress you too Genshin. :geno:

Well at least I finally have a 5* dendro goblet and it actually has crit stats unlike the stopgap 4* I was using. And if there's ever a def-focused dendro character there won't be I'm set I guess. But still, gently caress everything about the artifact system in this game.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

It's a funny event because they're showcasing a lot of "underappreciated" characters. But then putting them against riftwolves, which makes every character feel terrible?
I'm not sure anyone in today's party is exactly unappreciated, tbh. Also even if rift wolves suck to fight the sheer amount of pyro bullshit you can pump out honestly made this my highest scoring day so far.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Counterpoint: I rerolled multiple times at the start while picking a random protagonist and the roll I went with had Aether and honestly I like him quite a bit. His outfit is a lot more interesting than just "white dress" and shows more skin wtf and his pose and (rare) voices seem to better fit the whole characterization of the traveler as "nice guy but still kind of snarky and mercenary". Not that Lumine is a bad pick but someone has to stand up for the boy here. :colbert:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tae posted:

Thoma was so bad that people found out a Yanfei build with prototype amber as a better pyro support for hu tao teams
C4 specifically where she gets a shield on burst too. At that point her burst alone is better than Thoma's whole kit :lol:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I'm the person paying the adventurer's guild to have an adventurer bounce on a bouncy mushroom five times
I guess Aranara can hire commissions too.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It's kind of an inevitable thing when they have relatively largish playerbase and players have ample motivation to know stuff well ahead of time to plan purchases. Mihoyo's absolutely sued people for leaking before and do all the usual tricks to sniff them out (watermarked screenshots, keeping track of every location visited and damage done and when to narrow it down, etc)

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

ExtrudeAlongCurve posted:

In 1.0 drops fell from the tree in domains and you had to pick them up.

.... also Venti could yeet them away in co-op.

We've come a long way!
It was bonus fun when they just bounced off the platform into the void all on their own!

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tanreall posted:

I don't know what you mean by this. If you look at https://paimon.moe/ it seems like it's always been 74.
Haha, that's a nice joke. The soft pity is clearly 82+ pulls.

:smithicide:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lambo Trillrissian posted:

Just found out the hard way that the Key of Khaj-Nisut doesn't trigger on elemental skill hits done while offscreen, in this case for Shinobu's sanctifying ring. Oof. Oops. gently caress.
Oh for gently caress's sake. I won it from a yolo 10-roll at low pity but I'm not rolling for Nilou. I'm not going to complain about a surprise 5* but I figured I could at least get some use out of it with Shinobu. Guess I'll let it linger at level 1 until another HP-scaling sword carry appears. :geno:

Asimo fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 17, 2022

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Quote is not edit. Haven't done that in a while.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Kale posted:

Hitting her with an element seems to make it go down a little faster as does each time she charges up and uses a giant 5 digits of damage attack. Likewise it seems to build up the more you attack her in her normal sized body. I have no idea how your supposed to tell which version is real in the 4 way split attack though.
For the record, I'm pretty sure that Raidens gauge goes u pool passively over time and in larger chunks when she hits you. Which is a problem if you're bad at video games like me and used to face tanking everything with Zhongli's shield. Her super form gauge goes down whenever she does a big attack and whenever you get an elemental reaction off it, so cryo/hydro/pyro are best. Not sure if Dendro does too since I haven't really tried it. There's some absurdly long ICD on it though so it feels horrible to wail on her and see nothing happen.

With the four way attack the real Shogun does a cross-shaped attack while the cloned do single arc attacks. It's stupidly difficult to realize but once you've had it pointed out it's pretty easy to tell. I only learned this last week

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

loving :lol: Yoimiya is running opposite of Nahida on the next banner. Maybe someday I'll be able to get her when she isn't running directly opposite or right before an archon banner, it's like Mihoyo doesn't want people to have her.

(Second banner is Yae+Childe, this is the one that has Layla.)

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Enemy drops that go up to purple rarity only get used in weapon ascension.
.... How had I not realized this before? :psyduck:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Almost every live service game tracks data like this since it really helps to diagnose issues. Are players dying to a certain thing or in a certain spot in unexpected amounts? Then something probably need to be fixed or nerfed. Are certain locations being rarely discovered or resources claimed? Then they probably need to adjust world design in later versions. Are people getting unreasonable amounts of a material/mora/whatever? There's probably a bug there. Etc, etc, it's all super useful and often interesting but most companies don't use it in community engagement. I think Valve back in the TF2 days was one of the few that did as well, for example.

Also this is how they track down leakers on the beta servers and why most of them have moved to private servers to show off character models and moves. All they really need is an exact location and an exact action from a video or screenshot and they can probably figure it out, and having a number visible anywhere is basically instant discovery.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It takes a load of time and resources to get a character to 80+, let alone leveling a weapon and finding a decent artifact set (lol). It's super easy to get lucky once or twice especially if you do the battle pass style stuff and wind up having to level folks by personal priority, especially since a half-invested character is often as useless as one that's barely been touched. :shrug:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Man after stumbling my way through the new boss I watched how it's supposed to be fought on youtube aaaand yeah I was not doing anything correctly lol
Yeah I was pondering asking for advice since I have no loving idea how it's supposed to go. About the only thing I knew was to blast it with the doohicky before it does the instakill, the rest was just facerolling with a good team. It's a fun spectacle but I don't think it's really well designed, sadly.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MNSNTZR posted:

if you’re a lazy player (i am), you have to do too much to like her play style. that’s honestly why i would recommend cyno over her in basically any scenario. “delete button”-style characters like itto, ayato and cyno are great if you manage to land at least two 10/20%+ artifacts for them
This is a very, very big "if". I've been playing this loving game since launch I've managed maybe three artifacts even close to that level. I have no idea how anyone actually kits a character with a full set of them.

Excelzior posted:

It literally zooms in on the platform the first time you do it and prompts you :

Genshin devs mostly continue to forget the golden rule of game design: "Players never READ"
I have literally never seen this message. It was only one like "use the <whatever it's called> to hit its weak point!" during the stun. :raise:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

You don't really need C2 Kuki, but god it is so handy. Having a larger AOE and 100% skill uptime is pretty crazy for increasing her usefulness. Definitely one of the few characters where I'd go for it if she shows up on a banner again.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

FractalSandwich posted:

Free Dori from the next event, huh? Has anyone found a use for her yet?
Basically the same sort of stuff Kuki is good for on Dendro teams except not nearly as good. I think there's a handful of situations where she's useful but since she shares most of her mats with Nahida she's going to be languishing at L20 for the foreseeable future.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Being a grad student? Yeah.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Lazy_Liberal posted:

every now and then, an event will have you revisit dragonspine mostly to spot chests you missed a year before
Yeah it took until that Albedo event there for me to finally 100%* the place.

*Map 100%, probably at least a dozen or more chests I haven't found still.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

Yes. Her cons do almost nothing because her damage comes from reactions not her baby scaling. 300EM+crit for her decent aggravate build, 1000EM for her amazing hyperbloom build.
Well C1 and C2 do useful things by giving her a bit larger AOE and making her skill 100% uptime but neither are really required for using her well. They're basically luxury bonuses.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

On the one hand the specific term being used constantly is so fantastically stupid. On the other hand it sort of feels surprisingly plausible for the vast assortment of weird quirky dorks in Teyvat so who knows. :effort:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Re: Wanderer and the Archon quest, the only sensible name is Fuujin, the wind/storm god counterpart to Raiden :pseudo:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Endorph posted:

its something they course corrected pretty hard on with sumeru, every world boss is accessible without even touching the archon quest near as i can tell
Yeah. I guess they figured out like everyone else did that putting character ascension mats behind 40+ hours of story quests and AR30+ or whatever wasn't really tenable as a long term thing.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The Sumeru zones are incredibly deceptive too, they're around twice the size they look on the map due to underground caverns and ruins and whatnot. It's really kind of crazy.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Sumeru has the absolute worst cube fight
No way, cryo cube is way worse. Dendro's super easy with the right sort of team at least, it's just you really need want dendro and electroin the team and the former won't be doing anything useful during the actual fight part of the boss fight.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Wow and here I was feeling bad with being in the bottom 20% while somehow also missing 86% of my rate up coin flips.
:eyepop:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah it's not entirely undodgeable but if you get hit by it once you're going to take the full attack because you're staggered the whole drat time. It's really a step above the other shroom gimmicks.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Stare-Out posted:

At the very least you can get 4* and 5* standard banner characters and weapons from the weapon banner too I guess. But yeah, overall it's not a great deal. Would be nice if the weapon banner used the blue fates but gacha's gotta gacha.
Note you can't get 5* standard banner characters from the weapon gacha, same as how you can't roll 5* weapons on the rate-up character banners. 5* weapons will totally show up though as found out by anyone who was sucker enough to roll on the thing.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

That One Aranara that got me was finding a hiding one in one of the watch towers then forgetting to actually talk to it so it counted. :shrug:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Cat-shaped Witch posted:

there is nothing fun about playing hu tao and I regret pulling her
:same:

Xiao is kind of poo poo too now that Wanderer is an optionfor raw anemo fun and Cyno has a similar sort of playstyle without all the unnecessary bullshit to manage.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Man I haven't minded that much that Hoyo's been unsubtly making it so newer 5* are missing basic functionality until their C1 but this time it's so blatant with the beta nerd to her A4 and buff to C1. If that's going to keep being a regular thing going forward its going to sour me a lot on the game since I'm sure as gently caress not paying cash money for just a constellation. And it's not like they aren't making enough money hand over fist already that they have to stop to such base gacha bullshit either.

Also yeah I have no idea what the hell her kit is going to need. She doesn't seem like she has the scaling for on field DPS but her skill seems so anemic its only useful for reactions.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The crystal ore+resin thing is inefficient as hell but it's also the only way to get past the daily limit on how much you can refine (which I'm pretty sure is 30 large crystals?). Nothing else can get past that limit if you don't have any quests/battlepass/etc pending.

If you have a new 5* weapon or something you want to level up ASAP and don't have a big stockpile then converting crystal ore is the only way to not have it take two+ weeks. It's a very niche use but it's still a use. Realistically though... yeah it's a way to dump resin without having to actually play for 20 minutes. :shrug:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

No Wave posted:

I don't think Haitham is turbo strong but I get why a lot of people like him. You kind of just turn spread on and hit away and it works, I remember wanting a character that just does sword attacks on field back in 2021. I'm gonna go Haitham/Fischl/Kuki/Yelan which lets me keep Cyno/Nahida/Beidou/Xingqiu for the other side.

Seriously though how the gently caress do you people get your hands on poo poo like +30% crit substats while I've managed maybe +15% crit or +20% critD tops all of around four times and only one of those was on the same artifact. And I've been farming this poo poo for months or years...

:negative:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

gandlethorpe posted:

Noelle's probably the worst healer until she's geared up and with full constellations
She's still kind of bad even geared up really since she requires a lot of on field time to do the healing since each individual pulse is kind of pathetic. On the other hand it is still party wide heals and good luck to anything on field actually trying to kill a C6 Noelle while she's spinning around like a geo blender.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I will never understand the rage people have over Aloy not having constellations. C0 is and should be fine for most characters??

I guess the fact she kind of sucks and they were hoping cons would make her suck less us fair, but still.

(also her bow only working while playing on on the PSN is obnoxious)

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I mean the RNG isn't that big a deal. If a character can potentially use two of the buffs that's still a huge boost to overall damage, and if they can use all three then there's literally no downside. And even if it had no proc at all it's still a decent stat stick with a boatload of crit damage.

Love your Widsith.

Asimo fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Feb 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MoonCrab posted:

Aqua simulacra upgrades using what now
It's not quite as bad as it looks since the enemies in question drop a lot of the mats at once, but since there's only like nine(?) of them in the entire game it's still going to be a week or two of puttering around the chasm.