Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the thing about trademark renewals is they have to be done on a yearly or at least periodical basis (at least in the US) so, like, looking to them as some sort of sign that there's gonna be a new game is kind of silly. rockstar renewed the trademark to Agent for like a decade beyond its death just so no one else could make a game with that name. i think at the 10th year you have to actually provide proof of existence so that's why companies don't just sit on trademarks forever. but if you're still releasing collections or using the brand in advertising or whatever, especially if you already have an existing product, you can probably extend the trademark as long as you're willing to

maybe konami will re-release the first two suikoden games as a two-pack, but konami is just gonna use emulation so, even if they licensed pcsx2 and followed GPL guidelines or w/e (which companies sure hate doing!!!), you'd still have a ton of slowdown with suikoden 5 for example

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Today I finished Immortality. It sure was a thing.

So far in 2022 I have completed:

Horizon Zero Dawn (PS5)
Windjammers 2
Nobody Saves the World
Returnal
Horizon Forbidden West
Elden Ring
Demon's Souls (2020)
Dark Souls 2
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
Stray
Diablo II Resurrected
Immortality

Up Next: Valkyrie Elysium maybe???
my '2022 releases' completions:

Nobody Saves the World, Infernax, Pupperazzi, Shadow Warrior 3, A Memoir Blue, Kraken Academy, Strange Horticulture, Grapple Dog, Lila's Sky Ark, A Musical Story, Stacklands, Guardener, White Lavender, Supraland: Six Inches Under, Crystal Project, ADACA, Eternal Threads, Save Room, Fashion Police Squad, Forgive Me Father, Escape Academy, Tunic, Tinykin, Eiyuden Chronicles Rising

tops is still Crystal Project, worst was Musical Story

currently i'm playing Powerwash Simulator and Disney Dreamlight Valley, next up is Kirby & the Forgotten Land, then maybe Soul Hackers 2, then possibly Potion Permit, then Trails from Zero

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

new witness-inspired game dropping this week, it looks fuckin sick

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1141580/Taiji/

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm on the last level of powerwash simulator, i wonder if i will finish it before the queen dies

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

well khanstant will have a lot of time to get better at blender now lol

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i dont think stux minds on this one!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

having watched the direct, and being a big nintendo fan....

they should really rename it the Square Switch since they seem more interested in making games for the thing than Nintendo is. like what the hell is going on over there lol, is every team sucked into BOTW2 development?? i remember when nintendoland on the wii U caused delays to other titles because teams had to be put on it to get it finished for launch. it's just really weird to have a direct to show, like, the big first foot forward into the new year, and nintendo's actual output for the first six months seems to be BOTW2, what looks like a premium followup to FE Heroes, and a couple of remasters?? and then pikmin in probably the second half of 2023

i've laughed off switch pro/2 stuff a lot, but maybe they really have shifted most of their dev teams over to it and will have more to show when that is announced next year. because i know they're not working on nothing obviously

also FE Engage means intsys will again not be able to make another Pushmo, so it can perish

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I was only able to half pay attention to the direct because I was working and had to go back afterwards to confirm there's really a game called Various Daylife
it was an apple arcade game until apple ended their contract. it's kind of hard to define as a game, it's like... questing is almost automated but there's still battles? it has the feel of some of square's mobile f2p rpgs like record keeper, but with a more conventional jrpg presentation

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Rarity posted:

Pikmin 4? :aaaaa:

e: Lol no it's just Niantic bullshit
just give him a second to gush about his vanity project!!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hatty posted:

Too much Kiryu
it really feels like sega executives wanting yakuza to only be about kiryu, i assume this is why the creator left

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

good life is fun imo. just very unfocused

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i've seen enough: ace attorney is dead

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waffleman_ posted:

I mean to be fair, they announced what games would be in the show in advance.
yea but they did announce special showcases for RE and SF6 to happen later, and could've done something similar for AA or just general news if they had anything else planned

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it has been 6 years since AA6 released (and TGAA was a release of 7 and 5 yo games), and the director of AA6 left capcom in 2020. i do not have much hope at this point

it's one thing if it's like, mario going 5 years between releases, because we know Nintendo cares about Mario obviously. but ace attorney is not on the level of street fighter or resident evil to capcom so I just don't know that it matters to them if the series continues or not

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 15, 2022

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

iirc aa7 was in the capcom leak that had dragon's dogma 2 in it. that's all i have to hold on to -_-

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol what the hell

did konami just buy some 2D art asset pack from a humble bundle and slap the suikoden sprites on top

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hell yea

https://twitter.com/brii_u/status/1570819930949312513

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol the psvr2 won't support psvr1 games. aahahahahaha sony fucks up everything

why did i buy a ps5

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hatty posted:

What why?
no idea. could be related to the different ways they utilize tracking since PSVR1 relied on the PS Camera but i feel like they could've made it work if they didn't want people double dipping on pricey "upgrade" fees for games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Feldegast42 posted:

Not sure I like this but only because they should be making more subnautica :/
i would prefer they take a short break on subnautica because the second game was TOO similar to the first but with worse world design (part of this obviously is the result of starting off as DLC to the original before being broken off). i think the third game's going to need to be more revolution than evolution

had the same feeling about Supraland Six Inches Under which was a similar set of circumstances

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wild that the anodyne 2 dev put out a new game this year and literally stux and I are the only people who have talked about it on this forum if you search the game name (sephonie). the only other results are one person gifting the game to someone else in the steam gift train thread

like the themes in the game, sephonie is a special onyx link between our (two) consciousnesses.... it yearns for more connections!!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gripweed posted:

Oh the Undertale is doing... something. That's why twitter is laregly baffling and unusable right now
wayne radio tv (of "Half-Life VR But the AI is Self-Aware") produced a spamton thing for tobyfox and they were streaming it, so yeah. deltarune-related

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

EA and Marvel are a match made in Companies I Don't Care About heaven

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

i think I have a 3060Ti but this is my entire steam library idk if I'm PC gaming correctly

you have a ways to go to catch me. i have a modest 1902 games on steam, of which i've beaten/finished 1317. time for you to start buying a bunch of bundles!

seriously though your list is solid. a good mix of good games

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

What Nintendo franchises would you like to see made into movies? I would personally like a pokemon movie
my unironic answer is Chibi Robo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

truth be told i only played the first year of stardew and then moved on to other games. it's the one megalong game i haven't beaten

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Adam Bowen posted:

shovel knight dig is coming out today, goty 2022
also Prodeus 1.0

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Gaius Marius posted:

Halloween is the worst holiday, sub arbor day tier
*updates bad_gaius_marius_takes.txt*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i have installed prodeus to play later this weekend...

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i don't care a ton about srpgs but if i were to buy one made in the last couple of years i'd maybe consider TROUBLESHOOTER(tm)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

beacon pines met my expectations, was happy with the places the story went and that it wasn't afraid to get dark

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

I've been playing Potion Permit, a cute life sim where you brew potions by fitting Tetris blocks together, and get to know a whole host of pleasant townspeople
it'll possibly be my next gamefly game although their stock is low....

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Stux posted:

are oyu on coke those games are unplayably unfun
pepsi

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

drat, RIP coolio

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/obituaries/rapper-coolio-dead-59-rcna49916

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/deantak/status/1575896022043090950

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I said come in! posted:

Here are the games I completed for September:
OneShot
Lord of the Rings: the Two Towers
Xenoblade Chronicles 3
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle R
Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Cult of the Lamb
Klonoa Door to Phantomile
The DioField Chronicle

Sitting at 71 games completed for 2022 so far.
Hell yea! That's some powerful gaming

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

hatty posted:

What’s the Infinite Jest of video games?
umineko: when they cry

e: serious answer is YIIK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

remember Hellgate London