Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
If the Dolphins suck I just want them to beat the Jets and Pats and take one from the Bills. Anything else is a bonus I guess. I like new things so I'm down if y'all Bills go and hoist the Lombardi for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I've talked to the refs and they've already decided they are going to rule against the Jets in big spots because *checks notes*, they love the color purple.

Tbf purple is a great color.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Nodoze posted:

CT pizza is the best but I don't think anyone from outside the north east would know that if you asked

Can confirm, am not from the NE.

FL is kinda neat outside of the people and mostly poo poo weather.

Pity about the massive self sabotage with the sugar industry etc.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Both of Georgia's TEs are beastly. Brock might be one of the best hybrids I've seen in college.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
I like Tua and want him to succeed but he's an injury mess. After next season I think the Dolphins need to pick up a new QB.

Most importantly I'd love for him to live a long life without his brain turning to pudding.

:smith:

Wrar fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 1, 2023

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

SpitztheGreat posted:

Man, I really set off a firestorm.

I'm torn. If I squint I can see the improvement from last season. We have more wins and undeniably more talent. But those wins feel hollow, and a (potentially) six game losing streak to end the season is a huge red flag. It would bad enough if all those losses were like the Vikings game where we played well, but couldn't punch it in. But we've been non competitive the last few weeks, and losing to a third string QB this week would be pretty horrific. Before the season I had some pretty lofty expectations because it shouldn't take years to find success in the NFL, if you're the right guy it becomes clear pretty quickly. On paper the Jets met those standards, they were playoff contention into December, and we learned what we have in Wilson. But I also said that we can't look absolutely lost in games and/or get blown out. Unfortunately we couldn't avoid that, and that's a big problem.

I guess I would stick with Saleh, but I don't feel good about it.

You don't even have a replacement level QB.

Even with a decent offensive coach you can't succeed in those conditions. See: Dolphins.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Lol 5 field goals and a safety. I'm so glad I didn't watch this slog.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

CubanMissile posted:

Skylar missed a few opportunities where Tyreek was open and instead tried to force passes to receivers that where well better covered. Where he really lost me is when he threw that pick on third and long into double coverage that marked the beginning of the end for Miami in that game. Any QB should have known that throw would have been exactly what the defense wanted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FCZ37yL1JY

He's a 3rd string QB for a reason. I'm not going to bang on the guy too much.

mcmagic posted:

IDK how you're QB of the Dolphins and don't look at Hill first on every play.

Waddle is great too, depends on if you're using Hill to pull the defense.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Tom Brady was annoyingly good at being a QB. I'm glad he's gone.

Hopefully he can lose more money in dumb poo poo like crypto and I can hear less about him.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Professor Funk posted:

Oh I’m mostly joking. Fangio is a cool hire and you guys should be excited.

It was a good jab.

Hopefully it works and Miami can go to the playoffs again.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
Scumminess?

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

syzpid posted:

I knew Mims wasn't staying around, and yea maybe he does suck, but if the Lions could figure out how to get anything out of Goff I feel like we are going to regret this in the long run.

He's not even in the AFC. If he's going to leave your team this is the best case scenario.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

fartknocker posted:

Mike White at 10 is interesting

Legit laughed at this.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah, they're nice. I kind of want to buy a jersey but...am I too old to buy new jerseys? I'm nearly 35. :ohdear:

These just highlight that their current logo is an atrocity. The throwback logo should be their everyday logo IMO.

Do whatever makes you happy on this dying world.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
If he got some on the inside of his wrist that definitely hurt. I can't imagine the top of the hand felt great either.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
This season feels already doomed for the Dolphins. Tua is going to be running for his life the whole time until he gets concussed and then hopefully retires.

It could also be my general pessimism leaking in but I don't see the line doing well enough for things to work for enough of the season.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

th3t00t posted:

Jets suck.
Fish suck.
Pats suck.

bills BITHC

Can't argue until proven otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
53 yards dang. Also, Bills D looks good. Diggs remains a terror.