Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

Did this woman not quit working in Defence for her podcast? She was a manager in the civil service iirc

middle management at a VA office in san diego; quit before they could can her after finding out she was abusing sick leave days (for ptsd no less lmao) to go on podcast tours lol

though her dad was air force intelligence that died from agent orange exposure lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/1605540391960420353

open up your wallet, america

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Organ Fiend posted:

Once again, I submit that Canada's flag needs a slight modification.

canada had the ice nazi uniforms during the sochi olympics lol

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

that guy has really interesting opinions on immigrants and refugees

https://globalnews.ca/news/4903246/immigration-refugee-board-dr-no-rehired-asylum-claims/

http://www.infoukes.com/newpathway/Page839.htm

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

This makes me want to scream as the Ukrainian community literally conspired to sneak war criminals into Canada:

"Shortly after the termination of hostilities in Europe, General Pawlo Shandruk, the former leader of a Nazi- sponsored Ukrainian 'national liberation committee,' contacted Arch- bishop Iwan Buchko, a high-ranking prelate in Rome who specialized in Ukrainian affairs. Describing the former SS soldiers as good Catholics and fervent anti-communists, Shandruk implored Buchko to intervene on their behalf. The archbishop agreed to try. During a special audience with Pope Pius XII, Buchko pleaded the division's case. The pontiff was very sympathetic and promised to contact the appropriate British authorities. As a result of the Vatican's efforts, London agreed to change the Ukrainians' POW status to that of surrendered enemy personnel, a seemingly minor distinction, but one that freed the British from their repatriation obligations under the Yalta agreement."

"Analysis of correspondence between the Home Office and the government of Canada, and of letters from the voluntary organizations in Canada and the United Kingdom that were lobbying for the ‘Galicia’s’ civilianization, explains the nature of the negotiations that led to the ex-enemy personnel being given the status of civilians and allowed to live and work in the West. The ‘Galicia’ men were being cast by the Central Co-ordinating Committee of Ukrainian Organizations simply as soldiers who ‘fought against Soviet Russia on the German Eastern Front’; and the narrative featuring the ‘Galicia’ as a Wehrmacht Division was being used by officials both in Canada and the UK."

"The positive narrative portraying the former ‘Galicians’ as an anti-Soviet Wehrmacht unit was successful in at least securing negotiations with the Canadian government about the potential settlement of the Division members in Canada. This was the case only, however, until the Canadian authority representatives started to pay closer attention to the group in question, and realized that the Division had had no connection to the Wehrmacht, but was, in fact, part of the Waffen SS. Canadian immigration law of the time did not permit accepting former combatants who had served in the German Armed Forces voluntarily. The Memorandum for the Cabinet Committee on Immigration Policy stated that ‘[u]nder existing procedure aliens of Allied or Neutral nationality who served with the Enemy Forces during the war are not admitted to Canada unless they can establish that such service was compulsory. The group of Ukrainians served voluntarily.’ The policy thus stated clearly that Ukrainian men who served in the ‘Galicia’ were not to be permitted to enter Canada."

"Despite the vigorous criticism from different organizations of the pos- sibility of allowing the ‘Galicians’ to enter Canada, and the refusals of the Canadian government to allow the Division men to migrate to Canada, the lobbying efforts continued on both official and personal levels. The Canadian government was ‘under considerable pressure to admit a number of these aliens from the United Kingdom’. The High Commissioner for Canada in the UK wrote to the Secretary of State for External Affairs in August 1950, quoting a letter from the Foreign Office which was written in defence of the ‘Galicia’ men. This letter repeats the rhetoric of the Division being well-behaved and suitable for integration into the Western society....Thus, even in 1950 and even at the level of the Foreign Office and the High Commissioner, there was misinformation produced and reproduced as to the nature of the Waffen SS ‘Galicia’. This misleading information was used to pressurize the Canadian government into allowing the ‘Galicia’ men into Canada."

"Taking a page out of CCCRR's book, CURB adopted the strategy of trying to portray the Ukrainians' wartime service in the best possible light. A key element in that strategy was to minimize the division's SS affiliation. In his early dealings with the immigration bureaucrats, Pan- chuk referred to the division by its last and non-SS designation (1st Division of the Ukrainian National Army) and alleged that the use of SS terminology in its case was little more than Soviet propaganda. He also glossed over the voluntary nature of its recruitment, focusing instead on those Ukrainians who had joined as an alternative to forced labour."

"If the immigration bureaucrats thought the matter was closed, they were mistaken. CURB and the Ukrainian-Canadian lobby continued their campaign to get all or at least part of the 14th SS admitted. Aware that Ottawa's main objection to the division was the apparently voluntary character of its recruitment, those lobbying on its behalf changed their tactics. Henceforth, no effort would be spared in advancing the claim that the rank and file of the 14th SS had been
'forcibly conscripted.' The change in tactics evoked no sympathy in Ottawa. Indeed, the immigration bureaucrats began to betray a cer- tain weariness and annoyance with the lobbying on behalf of the Ukrainian ex-soldiers."

"The civilianization of the 14th SS seemed to galvanize the Ukrainian-Canadian lobby. In stories run in community newspapers in Winnipeg and Edmonton, UCC heralded the British government's action. More importantly, the organization announced that Ottawa was prepared to issue visas to members of the division who were able to produce evidence attesting to their civilian status. This was not the case, of course. Notwithstanding the civilianization of the Ukrainians, there had been no change in policy on the Canadian side. The response of the immigration bureaucrats to the erroneous reports was swift and angry. Denouncing UCC for its apparent attempt to embarrass the government, the superintendent of immigration in western Canada advised that, at a minimum, some sort of retraction be issued. Unwilling to alienate its Ukrainian-Canadian constituency, the government did not publicly rebuke UCC."

"The new civilian status of the Ukrainians did not lead to a lifting of the ban, but it may have been of some assistance in helping individual members of the 14th SS gain admission to Canada. At least a few of the Ukrainian veterans had been able to obtain IRO sponsorship by claiming that they had been civilians during the war. Their success convinced Panchuk that the same tactic might be used to slip some of the men through Canadian immigration screening. 'If applications are made now without any mention of the fact that they were previously confined as PWs,' he advised a representative of the Ukrainian- Canadian lobby, 'no questions are asked.'There is no way of determining how many former members of the 14th SS evaded detection in this manner. But the number may have been significant"

now, now the canadian government really really wanted those the war criminals anyway (to crush domestic left wing ukrainian-canadian orgs) so many things were overlooked/white-washed

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol there's our boy again

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/TheGreeneBJ/status/1607483729827753984

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

The main rival of Zionism, there’s a whole book about this too, was the movement for The Jewish State to be a province of Austria-Hungary in Galicia. It was more popular than Zionism before the breakup of the Dual Monarchy.

Azov and Israeli Zionists are more or less in agreement in where Jewish people belong, and where they don’t.

the bapster's whole deal is that he probably has schizophrenia and also getting kicked out of the dsa for being a weirdo sexpest

no need to take anything he says seriously lol

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

I want to see Bandera's Mussolini impression.

hahahahahaha

well done

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Vomik posted:

are RAAM any different than a standard landmine?

20% more kid killing power

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lmfao at the zimbabwe and mongolia flags

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

vatican city being one of the bad guys is making me lol

the pope said nato might have some responsibility in the war once

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Tankbuster posted:

I don't get it why is south africa bad? Its full of euros moving there post retirement to extend their euro pensions into rands.

they probably believe that story of poor white farmers are having their land confiscated

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

i wonder why isn't iran on their shitlist

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

BadOptics posted:

Love the EU being in the "good guy" list and then it's constituent nations being listed in the others lol

Edit: how does someone with a fash symbol in the Twitter handle put Italy, which literally just elected a fash, in the bad guys list. Lol God drat do right wing freaks not know anything

if i had to hazard a guess, it's solely on how enthusiastic of their support for ukraine

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Right now the AOC-adjacent seem to be strongly in support of Lula and against the riots but I'm sure it's a matter of time till they get new marching orders from corporate.

looked at bolso and got buyer's remorse because he turned out to be a huge trump fan

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Zeroisanumber posted:

I wonder what she's referring to by 1914? The US wasn't in the war and wouldn't be until 1917. Arguably, we should've stayed out of it.

america had been financing the entente since at least 1914 and they'll be damned if they were gonna let the opportunity to snap up european assets post-war pass

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

the us military gonna start up an OnlyFans division

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

lol "used to be"

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Majorian posted:

I agree, but I'd ask that people not post them uncritically, just as I'd ask that people not post, say, Ilya Pachinko machine or whatever his name is uncritically for the same reason. Again, it's not hard to google the basics and learn if what you're about to post has already been disproven. Posting weasel words like "If true" isn't going to cut it.

dude this isn't a homework assignment lol

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Majorian posted:

Nah, those are weasel words. Danann posts a lot of Russian milblog poo poo uncritically, and I'd like to see less of that in this thread. In the previous thread we asked Some Guy TT to curate the tweets he posted more, and I think the thread benefited from that. So now I'm going to ask Danann to do that as well. I'd like for this thread to not be a source for blatant misinformation, regardless of what "side" in this war it supports or criticizes. This is a thread for discussing truth that you can't get in more mainstream forums, not falsehoods that we'd like to believe because they fit our narrative.

speng31b posted:

anyways, my original point is just let people post dumb poo poo and correct them by being a huge dick about it normally and not by bringing out the modvoice, which is extremely lame and elicits exactly the reaction it deserves

is this poo poo right here my man

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

it's either the shitposting thread or it isn't

don't assign people homework and complain about "weasel words" like some wikipedia editor

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

american infallibility is the real gulf war syndrome if you think about it

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

son of a bitch

now i get why that fuckin brit merc decided to name his outfit the 'Mozart Group'

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

brb naming my pmc after this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD2XZHnDKvo

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Lostconfused posted:

I forget, who is this nutjob? I think I saw their account get posted once or twice before.

https://twitter.com/LouiseMensch/status/1618381943024017408

author of this all time banger

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Looks like the Ukrainian refugees are integrating into white British culture pretty well :dadjoke:

lol at that lady quoting crime stats at her interviewer

already fitting in!

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

erdogan continuing to be the funniest and most annoying man in nato

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

for a man who was a hair's breath away from eating an air to air missile he's pretty ballsy

AnimeIsTrash posted:

hes the only world leader left thats remotely interesting

the man was doing a facebook live stream with a lovely potato phone denouncing the coup and threatening traitors while an f16 was tailing him

truly the realest guy of all time

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

i wonder how many Important™ people wishing the pilot didn't pussy out are getting their just desserts rn lol

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

australia should stop pretending it's a real country

canada too

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

erdogan should demand that all of finland converts to islam

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

didn't trump pull out of this first or was that another different missile treaty

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Slavvy posted:

Heil shitler

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

My favourite deputy prime minister sent a troop (4) of our oldest Leos today

But not even the C2s with MEXAS, the last of the Leopard 2s we bought from the Dutch as a stopgap measure.

what happened to our old Leo 1s anyway

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

euphronius posted:

things going well

in sports this is seen as a desperate move to save a losing season lol

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

CongoJack posted:

Japan’s self defense force still uses that flag

it's still a fascist symbol

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Majorian posted:

A color revolution, coming around to bite the US in the rear end?

WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rzeUYtcqEs

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

"kamikaze spies" sounds counterproductive

i would like my spies to stay alive as long as possible to keep spying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Endman posted:

My personal theory is that Osama probably died of a heart attack or something and the White House couldn’t accept that he just slipped away, so they had the Seals kick in a random door and shoot a bunch of people and just pretend it was Osama

I lean more towards "the SEALS mutilated the gently caress out of his body because they're loving psychos so they couldn't get a positive ID on him afterwards and that's embarrassing" story

also doesn't help that several of them are publicly feuding over who was the one that actually killed him lol