Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

G7 countries + Australia (basically america- western Europe -Japan) officially adopt price caps on Russian gas and oil

https://twitter.com/azgeopolitics/status/1588279795489439745?s=46&t=AL2Tlynnt40aOqWz6AfWfg

How the gently caress do you the buyer set a price cap on the seller if he can sell it to someone else, this seems like flailing.

Also with all the talk of gas reserves being full and the price coming down, has the average idiot Euro seen a descrease in their electricity bill or are they still getting destroyed?

Unrelated post to the gas question how do people square the idea that Russia is waging a genocidal war on Ukraine with the fact that they keep having prisoner exchanges?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

The big thing about it was like, how obvious it was that iraq didn't have WMDs and you'd have people suggesting completely insane ways they could have them. I remember there was a rush limbaugh thing that got really popular in dallas where I lived where people would say saddam had the nukes strapped to donkeys and was moving them around in the desert with a broom tied to their tail to cover their tracks. I think Limbaugh meant it as like a joke about how much iraq sucked or whatever, but two separate people repeated it to me very seriously as an explanation of how they probably had nukes.

Remember the mobile weapons lab, or that he shipped them all off to Syria and any number of endless Tom Clancy explanations that were given

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Meow Tse-tung posted:

I was looking at twilight 2000 for awhile but it seems kind of morbid after this year

Never check out the various facebook groups for it, loaded with people who lust for dead Russians or well anyone that isn't the directly controlled by Free Leauge

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

This what that infinite CIA black budget pays for, Christ Alive

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Always seems like REMFs are always the most blood thirsty

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Hey is there any good articles about why Tim Synder sucks as a hisorian that can't be misconstrued as Pro-Stalinist. My Ukrianian friend was telling me he was watching some lecture he gave on YouTube and I told him I wouldn't trust a word he says cause hes ridiculously biased and I'd like to follow it up with a proper source

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Thanks I might share the Jacobin article and the Jewish Currents one with him. I don’t know if it'll change his mind, but well it'll layout where I'm coming from in criticism of him

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

These people really do find utter contempt in people having their own immediate problems . Just seeing the personalities of Liberals and Conservatives collapse into one sneering hate for anyone that actually has to work for a living

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

speng31b posted:

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1588650833268334594

i think the rwa guys are done with war and just really like old timey trains now. probably a fond reminder of the monarchy

That does look really cool

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Egg Moron posted:

Debunking is liberal bullshit

Modern liberals pretty much are monarchists

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Majorian posted:

S-shut up! We just want every single one of the Obamas (NOT MALIK) to be President for the rest of our lives because of the feels.:qq:

For content:

https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1588935995948515330

lmao, say what you will about the Ukrainian government, they've got balls.

lol right? I didn't know how to say "gently caress you, I'm trying to sleep" in Russian at the time.

Big Israel getting in on the trying to goad the US into war on Iran

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Late Capitalism said the only thing that matters is branding. People believed you could have a functioning country without making things its why the US and Pedo Terf Island are confused about why everything is falling apart

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Does Biden not realize hes the one that controls that? He's your proxy, you control the diplomacy

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nonsense posted:

Seriously he's really sent the party off a cliff. Massive correction incoming

Lot of Democrats going to look themselves in the mirror Wensday moring and say they have to get more right wing

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

The ad for I guess my state senator keeps tslking about how much she wants to fund the police cause shes the daughter of cops, firefighters and teachers. loving usless assholes. Cant wait for Wednesday so these loving ads stop

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

speng31b posted:

hope it tastes like unwashed nazi taint

It is an Ameircan beer so probably

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

PoontifexMacksimus posted:

I mean, a lot of people in the US figured the Republicans would never actually go after abortion, as it was assumed to be more useful as a permanent fundraising wedge issue

It is what we get for thinking the Republicans have the same thinking as Democrats

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

speng31b posted:

https://twitter.com/RWApodcast/status/1589111159504146434

"making up weird territorial claims against other countries is generally pretty based" lmao

Its a phrase that sounds like it could have come from a thread here

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Cool letting Nazis recruit children

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lostconfused posted:

Well it's also the same name https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf0cA0udjRk

I should probably delete my spotify account because it keeps just randomly playing poo poo like that.

Ive had a few times listening to folk music or old union songs and something vaguely fashy would come on and I'd look up the band and at best it was a bunch of "proud boys"

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Any word about Belarus?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Majorian posted:

I think everything's going to be firmly ground to a halt once the mud thaws in spring. I don't think Russia's going to carry out a winter offensive since, at least for now, most of the newly mobilized troops are apparently being deployed to bolster Russian defenses. I think Russia will try to start a new offensive after the thaw, strengthened by newer waves of recruits, but there's a good chance Ukraine will be dug in enough and have enough support from NATO to just turn it into another bloody stalemate. That's just my instinct on what's going to happen; we'll see how far off I am before long, I'm sure.

The state of the digging in as we saw during the summer wasn't good. I think a more plausible explanation for the summer stalemate was there just not being enough troops to go around for these assults.and they had advanced to the point where they had a whole front manned by glorified cops. Ukraine with a larger military and endless supply from NATO wasn't able stop the Russians till they had advanced to the point that the ground they had couldn't be covered by their own forces. I do not think the Ukrianians are as tough or as good as the propaganda wants you to think. Epspecially if Karkov blew through the last of their reserves and their back to using 40 year old NATO APCs for assaults because all their IFVs got blown up.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Says they hate the Soviet Union, but utterly reliant on Soviet disel engines, curious

KomradeX has issued a correction as of 01:25 on Nov 7, 2022

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Truga posted:

auto-stokers have existed for over 100 years lol

They prefere to be called minimum wage employees, thank you

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

Its cruel that FF was banned for this. Also who comes up with those rituals? Why isn't there a cum tribute to Perun?

Wait was he banned? I thought he ate an unfair 4 day probe, that thinking about it I guess wpuld have been over by now

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

:psyduck:

To give people an idea of how the Troubles were reported here by the Paper of Record:

That's right, one month after 9/11, our concern was the deadly Irish Republican Army.

Its a shame the US was too baby brained in their attempts to conqeror Canada

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Best Friends posted:

Ukrainian energy infrastructure is declining but and at the same time every Russian missile targeting energy infrastructure is either missing or being shot down. so presumably the energy infrastructure issues have an unrelated cause.

Obviously the recent privatization push has killed all maintenance to the system. These are just routine totoally not related to the war

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

tristeham posted:

the US must denazify Canada

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Is hilarious the PR move to present Canada as a better, nicer, more functional version of the US

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Ive been watching that weirdo on Youtube that eats MREs and I'm watching the one he did on Ukraines rations earlier this year and it got me wonderingz consdiering the diminished capacity of Ukrainian industry and that we're bankrolling the entire governemt, is Ukraine still able to produce their MRE packs or are we just shipping them ours? If they were gettint ration packs from NATO countries I assume we would have had pcitures of Russians eating whatever American, Canadian or British packs get sent over.

Which Frosted Flake, whats the rationale for issuing the heating element separate of the food pack in the Canadian rations. That seems to defeat the idea of a meal ready to go in a single container and more likely to result in the issuing of good packs with forgotten or lost heating elements

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Frosted Flake posted:

We usually make ours in a pressure cooker or a pan of boiling water on a stove, both of which can be issued to every section. The rationale is the chemicals are expensive, dangerous and a wartime contingency, stoves and pressure cookers are not. Beyond that, IMPs are rarely eaten as is.

We have field kitchens that try to provide hot food for at least two meals a day, unless under the most extreme circumstances, run up to the forward positions in hayboxes.

I know it’s a British Army thing but can’t remember if it was a Boer War thing or not, but they take pride in providing monstrous quantities of eggs, bacon, beans and tomatoes basically unless you are being overrun, and it’s “Push” logistics which means that you will have to send a vehicle or bearers from the battery to pick up the food from the kitchen. They will not get off your rear end otherwise

On Remembrance Day, in garrison, they deliver hayboxes of Chilli and Chowder to artillery units, as is tradition. So Friday, if I go to an artillery function, there will be food provided by an army kitchen, in garrison, in a city, that a couple of Gunners had to drive to pick up. They take it pretty seriously too, and one of the jobs for new enlisted men is to dispose of the tens of litres of Chilli and Chowder after everyone has eaten, and a junior officer to supervise, while everybody else gets drunk.

Oh that makes sense.

Ahh so the new guys have to clean up while everyone else parties

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Gonna take this as complete vindication

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Did I miss the rations talk? Have some Russian propaganda.

https://twitter.com/narrative_hole/status/1589751452406550528

Watching those videos from that YouTube werido, the Russian rations looked more appealing to me than the Ukrianian one. I sent the Ukrianian ration video to my Ukrianian friend and he noticed the tea included in it were imported from Russia, he also suggested that the Russian rations are heaiver on beef becuase theres a lot of Muslims in the Russian army

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

PookBear posted:

Do you think Korea teaching the Korean language in schools to replace the Japanese language forced upon them while they were occupied by Japan is cultural genocide?

Decolonize Brittany

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Being indigenous is just when you're an ethnic minority now. It's great. There were people trying to say that Luna Oi is a colonialist settler because there are indigenous ethnic minorities in Vietnam

Anarchism, not even once kids

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Majorian posted:

They never really "had" their nukes. It would have taken at least a year to be able to launch them, and by that point they'd be a pariah state and possibly at war with Russia.

Its also important to remember that getting rid of those nukes was followed up with a pledge that the US and Russia would keep it safe, sort of a tacit admission of being neutral, so yeah the US couping a Nazi government into power dead set on joining NATO still seems to be the root of this conflict

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Majorian posted:

Yeah, which is one of those points that NAFO types don't really seem to have an answer for. It's difficult to pinpoint which country violated the Budapest memo first and when, but the U.S. pretty clearly interfered in Ukraine's internal politics in the 2004 election. (and did so again in 2014)

Well thats the whole issue in the end, history started moments before the Russian invasion and NATO has nothing to do with it so it becomes impossible to have any sort of actual conversation about this or talk about reasonings beyond insisiting that the Mongol Russians thrist for the pure white blood of Ukrainians

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

atelier morgan posted:

when america was destroying the industrial sector and transportation infrastructure and casting millions of people into ruination and epidemics of drug abuse and suicide linked to despair in order to ship as much economic activity as possible overseas, directly empowering china, their primary geopolitical rival, was that empire furthering the interests of the american state lmao

In that the State is merely the executive committee of the Capital class, yes. The logic of Capital has sort of over written the self preservation part of the State, we see this with how much is spent on weapons that don't really work but they cost a lot and people made bank off them.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

gradenko_2000 posted:

But... It's a troop... carrier...

You want me to write a sign on it in 50 languages, I'm a troop carrier not a tank, please don't shoot me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Regarde Aduck posted:

... The gently caress?

The argument isn't with defense officials, its with nafo types who very much do believe in magic bullets

Also for the previous 30 years where defense officlas had presented these weapons as invincible as part of the End of History