Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

redneck nazgul posted:

actually this means he's fighting with the ukrainians

as the founding member of the Z fighters, goku has been supporting the special military operation since the beginning. mauripol was the end of the raditz saga, and we're currently in the middle of the gohan training ark (the evacuation of kherson) in preparation for vegeta's arrival (the battle of kherson)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
al-saqr understands that the most important part of effective gunnery is volume of fire. you have a very short window to get the right prediction for something and the best way to ensure you're correct when the dust settles is to maximize the amount of takes in the air

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

Frosted Flake posted:

How did Trots become Neocons? That part never made sense to me.

trotskyists spent all their time post-exile crafting theories as to why the ussr was actually the most evil state in the history of the planet, and after a while its easy to drop the "we would have done communism better" fig leaf

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

Frosted Flake posted:

Is that someone being smart in an other field and thinking they’re too smart for Egyptology, or someone who is mostly stupid except for one other field?

its a brain surgeon playing too much civilization 2

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
ive always wanted to go float tube fishing, they look very fun

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

Meow Tse-tung posted:

i've been doing that for years and no one ever gives me anything. whats his one weird trick???

have you tried committing a program of ethnic cleansing against people that the west finds undesirable?

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
lol the ukranian postal service's website is down but dont worry, they want you to know that they'll still be selling the stupid meme stamps when they come back online!

https://ukrposhta.ua/en/

quote:

Dear All,
Due to series of cyber attacks we had to temporarily close our online shop. We would like to apologize for all the inconvenience it had caused you. We are taking now a break to analyze all the issues and will come back with a renewed, much stronger version. We will announce it ahead of time so you do not need to keep monitoring the site. 5000 orders (or 30000 stamps) with “Russian ship go f…” will remain available for order once we resume sales and will let you know where and when they can be bought.
Thank you for your understanding and hope to see you soon!

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

:wrong:

the FV101 entered service 12 years after the abbot

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
cant believe the banderites are trying to assassinate polish officials, surely this has never happened before

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

iCe-CuBe. posted:

Polish official, go gently caress yourself

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
you used to be able to get fancy soviet surplus winter coats and uniform pieces for cheap but then etsy banned all russian and belarusian accounts. the surviving ukranian ones are three times as expensive and you cant track them because the postal system is all hosed up

the russian guy i got some boots from gave me a tiny picture of his cat and 10 kopecs to apologize for a three day delay in actually sending it out and i think my current ukranian coat in-transit is going to come with a severed human finger or something after disappearing in kiev for a month

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

ContinuityNewTimes posted:

I got a soviet m88 coat a few years ago and with the padded cotton liner it's warm and comfortable in the comparatively pathetic British winter and the stains give it character

afghanka buddies :respek:

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

Some Guy TT posted:

what color was the cat

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

mlmp08 posted:

There is a particular brand of "modern" rifle of the last 20 years that looked weird and oddly old almost the second they showed up: G36, FS2000, etc.

the fs2000 is sick as hell and more guns should be that bulbous and weird looking imo

it and the groza should have been the warfighter aesthetic of the 21st century rather than another hundred years of ars and aks

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
i really like imf recommendations, because the simultaneous directions of "increase your tax revenues" and "privatize all your state run companies" is right out of a vaudeville routine

you really need to strengthen the private sector, ukraine. you can do this by ending state subsidies of small business in the middle of a war to increase the health of the economy.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
discretionary spending trends look exactly like all those conscripts you keep feeding into russian guns, this is the perfect time to cease all state intervention in an economy without money to spend and without bodies to produce things

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
estonia is a huge tech hub, they wanted to become the san francisco of europe and made fart app design the biggest pillar of their economy

latvia's tourism industry is big and attracts people from all over europe and the americas but uh, english speaking people dont like talking about it for some reason

Malleum has issued a correction as of 15:56 on Dec 26, 2022

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
the only way to achieve peace in our time is to marry pan-slavism and pan-arabism by bringing the turk and their anglo dogs to heel, we've been over this in exhaustive detail

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

lollontee posted:

wouldn't it? 20k-40k dead and loving nothing to show for it doesn't sound very encouraging

the ukraine has hundreds of thousands dead and a few million emigres in return for a smoking crater and they seem to be living their best life :shrug:

Malleum has issued a correction as of 17:16 on Jan 4, 2023

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

Fuligin posted:

dont follow this chain of reasoning. verdun makes some sense, how is it like przemysl at all?

as the focal point of a theoretical offensive into hungary proper, przemysl involved the austro-hungarians feeding pretty much the entire KuK into a series of offensives attempting to break the siege, and every one of them ended in disaster. the entire peacetime AH army was disassembled on the walls of the fort and battles around it. it was both the death of major AH offensives in that section of the theater for the rest of the war and the reason the dual monarchy had to rely the older and older conscripts to bulk out remaining formations while bleeding the heartlands white. each successive wave of conscription led to things like the genocidal reprisals against serbs in the southern front and all the awful poo poo they were doing to slavs in general behind the front lines as morale and cohesion grated under repeated defeats and a complete gutting of the officer corps.

whether it will end up like verdun (entire army mutinies to protest the horrific conditions everyone was suffering) or przemysl (any man under the age of 40 is no longer alive in the ukraine) or some more mundane defeat like the battle of the frontiers is yet to be determined

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

Futanari Damacy posted:

I should watch Ring of Power again (the old conspiracy doc, not the dumb new show)

watch both of them overlaid on each other and report back

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
the belgians are the most despicable people in europe for a great variety of reasons

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

lobster shirt posted:

i don't like australians either but i would hardly call their death toll in WW1 heartwarming

he meant to say hearthwarming, the aussie cadavers saved many turks from freezing in the winter of '17

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
dont worry, sweden is determined to become a turkish puppet regardless of the protests of its people

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

crepeface posted:

does finland count as western europe

every finn should be chained to a tree and forced to watch their beloved herds of reindeer frolic without any sexual advances from the locals

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
i hope every one of our beloved gbs comrades experiences the warm and comforting embrace that nato brought the people of libya

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
the illegitimate post-coup government of ukraine responded to a popular uprising in the east by unleashing a campaign of genocidal extermination that was only stopped by the intervention of the russian federation

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
just like anarchists love every communist uprising except the ones that succeed, libs love to rend their garments over genocides except for the ones that were successfully halted

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

Private Cumshoe posted:

Oh good now that it's over Russia can call off the war

its an ongoing peacekeeping mission just like the one nato set up in kosovo, sorry there are rules to these kinds of things

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

doverhog posted:

Is your next move gonna be to say actually Assad is in the right?

thats right bitch, the lion of damascus stands tall above every single simpering freak the west imported to loot and rape the free peoples of syria

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

Frosted Flake posted:

lol I mean, the subtext of Ukrainian refusal IMO is that they officially moved the date of Christmas this year and all of the other looney tunes stuff they are doing to avenge Franz Ferdinand and/or Bandera. The truce was offered in observance of the date used by the Church they are persecuting increasingly in the open.

the ukraine is attempting to eradicate your language, your culture, your faith and your life but don't call it a genocide and don't you dare fight back

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

Slavvy posted:

It's kind of incredible how through all the fog of war and dueling propaganda, you can chart the course of the war perfectly by the frequency of gbs retards invading the thread to complain to Putin's manager

It's like how a hundred people in a pub can correctly guess the number of jellybeans in a jar if you take the median

they keep hearing that all of putins boyfriends post here and they're right

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

speng31b posted:

this guy's got some real opinions on turkey

to be fair if bombing nato countries was the criteria for being in nato Ukraine would be in by now

i may hate him for being a swamp cretin, but i cant deny he has the appropriate stance towards the vile ottoman

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

Frosted Flake posted:

Are there not M60s sitting around in a warehouse somewhere?

• New M60 Upgrade Program
– Integrated 120mm Main Gun Assembly
– Improved secondary weapons (coax machine gun, commander’s machine gun)
– Integrated 25mm remote weapon system with 300 round ready-ammo box
– Interface with advanced fire control system
– 120mm ammo stowage racks (objective 40 round stowage capacity)
– Increased engine, power pack to 1200hp for improved mobility
– Upgraded suspension for improved on/off road and cross country mobility
– Upgraded vehicle armor protection
– Integrated 360 degree, day/night vision system
– Integrated Auxiliary Power Unit for improved “engine off” vehicle capability
– Integrated crew air conditioning system with increased electronics cooling
– Enhanced fire suppression system for crew and engine compartments
– External electrical power supply: tools, lighting, communications
- Main Battle Tank Performance at a Fraction of the Cost

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

gradenko_2000 posted:

👏SEND👏 UKRAINE👏 A👏 T28👏

i went to the patton museum back before the renovations and they just had the t28 sitting in the yard without the second set of tracks and tiny baby me was very disappointed

it was right next to a sherman jumbo though so i wasnt disappointed for long, that was cool to look at

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

mawarannahr posted:

what’s going on up there? sauna brain?

they lack culture of their own and seek to steal it from their neighbors

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord

AnimeIsTrash posted:

is it true that finns were born from raindeer poo poo

"Let the semen of a man putrefy by itself in a sealed cucurbite with the highest putrefaction of the venter tarandus [reindeer manure] for forty days, or until it begins at last to live, move, and be agitated, which can easily be seen…If now, after this, it is everyday nourished and fed cautiously and prudently with [an] arcanum of human blood…it becomes, thenceforth, a true and living Finn, having all the members of a child that is born from a woman, but much smaller."

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
callsign makhni was the cook and everyone kept confusing the two, it was very unfortunate

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
did france ever send over any of their panhards? those would be more useful than the leopards considering that france actually makes ammo for them. probably better armored too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Buglord
i like posting in threads where everyone is allowed to contribute, makes the place feel more lived in

thanks for reading