Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Seattle vs Vegas winter classic next year in Seattle

Up at Inspiration Lake in the enchantments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Chad Sexington posted:

I mean, it look like Kiviranta was holding his stick and possibly broke it? Seems only fair to take his stick as compensation.

That's true but the #1 rule in hockey is the one who retaliates is the one that gets in trouble.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Duckman2008 posted:

It’s really funny either way, but I couldn’t quite tell from the video. stealing a players stick is a penalty right ?

It's the most egregious holding the stick call possible.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Good soup! posted:

I think that means the team now has some sort of dark curse

Isn't being from Boston enough?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Kane getting injured in the run up to the trade deadline is the tiniest whiff of penalty the team deserves. We all know they were gearing up to unload him to some cup hopeful team and ain't no one going to pay full price if he's hurt. Obviously it's just bloggers blagging but there's sentiment that whatever's bugging him is long term recovery territory.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

pseudodragon posted:

In conclusion, Torts is a homophobic rear end in a top hat and a hypocritical piece of poo poo.

He's also a lousy coach that only gets jobs because he's part of the NHL good ol boys club.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The entire league is an embarrassment depending on what issue is bugging one at the moment.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

I can't imagine any coach with an ounce of self-respect will ever consider working for Aquilini or JR after the way they've treated Boudreau.

Which is how we end up with Rick Tocchet, I suppose

With only 32 head coach positions in the NHL, every team is gonna have a long line of people wanting to prove themselves no matter how toxic the organization is.

USA hockey alone lists 35k coaches in the country. Obviously none of them are going to be NHL ready but the point is there are a lot more coaches than jobs out there.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

https://youtu.be/S0w_dcKi348

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

He's been telling us with a straight face for 25 years that Phoenix is a great place for hockey so this should be no problem.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Keith Mars posted:

The simple way she picks up the puck somehow feels slicker than the typical Michigan.

Wonder if she picked it up from pavel barber.

https://youtu.be/Gyui99eWKRk

Or whoever pavel barber got it from I guess.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Bobby Hull died. Seemed like a bad dude

Hopefully it involved someone threatening to push him off a balcony.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oilers should be banned from a #1 pick for 20 years because of how badly they've squandered McDavid. Tack on another 10 for Draisaitl.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They aren't embarrassed because Bettman stated just a couple weeks ago that tanking doesn't happen. If it doesn't exist there's no reason to feel bad!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

eXXon posted:

The owners hear your concerns and are drafting a plan to expand the playoffs to 24 teams.

Surprised they haven't tried to shorten the season to 60 games and make up the 22 as "playoff" games so they don't have to pay players.

Like some stupid play-in format that gives all the teams a chance to win.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I would reply to every marchand twitter roast with the sad marchand image when they lost in the final.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The Dirty Burger posted:

Anything is legal in Florida

Except education

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Does he coalesce out of a cloud of smoke at country crossroads, offering artists musical talent?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

He will 1000% go to Chicago

Then hopefully he's a colossal bust.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How did they choose the sorting on that chart, none of it makes sense.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Then why is montreal below several teams with a smaller positive percentage?

Even if you sum the indifferent and positive columns the sorting is still dumb.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

We all hated it when it was all we had but nhl.tv but with the way things are now I'd love to have it back. Having a plain calendar of all games on every day and being able to watch any game from the previous season whenever I wanted was awesome.

Now with ESPN I have to manually scroll through a bunch of sports I loving hate before I get to the hockey.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

There were reports of a long term injury nagging him a month or two ago. I wouldn't be surprised if they're forcing him to play hurt to maintain any trade value at all.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

DOOMocrat posted:

I think trading for a player that's playing 20 a night on a bad hip is a bad idea, and so far, other teams agree.

Hopefully it stays that way because gently caress anything good happening to Chicago.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

Kane's American, why the hell would he only want to go to Toronto

e: ah, born in Buffalo

Yeah, closest team to home that isn't the Sabres.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Mind_Taker posted:

Remind me to never put my kids in competitive sports.

Yeah but if they do mountain biking or backpacking instead they're probably gonna turn into insufferable thrill seekers so you kinda gotta pick your poison.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Toews is a weird one. He was one of the few vocal pro-vaccine hockey players, but he was kind of anti-quarantine. He is also super vocal about climate change and working with You Can Play.

But he also helped cover up for a serial sex pest so he still ends up in the poo poo person category.

His public reaction to Kyle Beach was enough of a reversal from all his other stances that I get the feeling he was ordered by management to protect the team.

Which if that were true makes it even worse because it would mean he decided to protect his paycheck over doing the right thing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Hey Anaheim. Like on the real. I know you want Bedard real bad, but like, can you show up and play tonight and beat the Caps? Please? One more win won’t help you get him any faster. Do us a solid and get the win so the Caps will be forced to sell sell sell and not have anymore unrealistic hope of salvaging this trash fire season. Thanks bro!

No, Columbus is nipping at their heels. Gotta keep on losing to cement that top seed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Hell yeah I Bedard,

Benching
Everyone
Dat
ARe
Decent.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Matt Zerella posted:

Can Kane play defense? Asking for a friend.

In a courtroom or on the ice? You need to be specific.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Kane's never had to defend, they just let him go because he's rich and white.

Totally no coincidence that's how he plays hockey.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Can we exclude the west from the playoffs this year and have all the eastern teams beat the poo poo out of each other?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Long term I'd expect the NHL to enforce the salary cap in the post season.

I don't know how, lots of people would have to sign off on it, but that's the only real fix.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

gently caress Patrick Kane but on the other hand watching him and Panarin together was some really fun hockey so my dumb consumer rear end will be watching.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I have no doubt that Kane's a creep on some level, because most pro athletes are, but didn't the rape accusations turn out to be a hoax

The details were never made public. It fell apart because the police couldn't come up with enough evidence to file any charges. There were rumors of the accuser changing their story or tampering with evidence. Which is suspicious but doesn't mean he didn't do something.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Arizona is probably trying to find a working fax machine in their barn.

They ran out of print credits on their library card at the university and can't use any of the services until their next paycheck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Kings will smooth it all over with a tribute night next time he plays in LA or after he retires. And sell a lot of tickets to people excited to see him one last time!