Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

They've played outdoor games in Vegas and LA. It'll be fine

The Vegas outdoor game was a farce. Ice kept melting and they ended up delaying the game by four hours or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Seattle vs Vegas winter classic next year in Seattle

That seems more promising

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Koth posted:

Is Byfield actually a bust? It seems too soon to call him that since he's still only 20. Maybe he was rushed into the NHL too soon?

Yeah, the last time I heard his name he was a top prospect who was going to be something good

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Golden Knights are bad without Mark Stone.

Which is a shame because his back is hosed.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Why are we booing? Stephenson is great!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/1620947371164336135?t=EbATbYwGtHWOoyK_DmYmxQ&s=19

thisisfine.jpg

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Ginette Reno posted:

Again? Brutal. Vegas has been struggling too.

They've been struggling because he's out. Can't really overstate how important he is to them.

Honestly it almost feels like they should be doing a teardown even with the point cushion they have. It would suck to trade the misfits, but McNabb and Martinez might have value as rentals, and they could rent out the Ltir space from Stone

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Cartoon Man posted:

I’m guessing crypto scams, NFTs, and such.

There's something earlier in the thread about exotic animals

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Furnaceface posted:

If a head of cabbage can outwit and outlast a prime minister a goon can definitely run a professional hockey team.

I would absolutely take the cabbage over Liz Truss as Isles GM

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

The Dirty Burger posted:

https://twitter.com/OKrepps85/status/1623776494496649216?s=20&t=Nd9aqhXu-bqrw-Jhubhi6A

Krebs hasn’t looked like anything special yet, but Alex Tuch is the same age as Eichel and has been incredible in Buffalo. Noah Ostlund who they grabbed with Vegas’ 1st is also having a great d+1 season.

I was about to post that trading a huge package for a marquee player usually ends up badly, then I remembered the Tkachuk trade last summer lol

Honestly the big issue with Eichel isn't giving up the players, it's that $10m per contract that they can't really afford. Though I am sad to lose Tuch

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
The Knights did the cap laundry thing with Toronto when they acquired Lehner, though it was a low pick and only in year money

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I don't know what the hell the Knights are going to trade for him and they drat sure can't re-sign him next year.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

I am so pleased that this meme has made it across the pond.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Aphrodite posted:

So is Mother Teresa.

:golfclap:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Goddamnit don't trade for Meier ffs, this team is not one winger away from contention

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
I love that if any other goalie had scored this thread would be 100 posts deeps with all caps GOALIE GOAL!!!!

And instead it's just "that's neat gently caress the Bruins"

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

The Dirty Burger posted:

Vegas being in on Meier is wild, they’ve traded any young players or prospects worth a drat acquiring Patches/Stone/Eichel. 23rd ranked prospect pool so you would think the Devils would have the edge here, but Stone being on LTIR means they could trade him without giving the Sharks a big contract in return. Long-term I can’t see them keeping him though

I assume them keeping him involves dumping Lehner on someone. I have no goddamn idea what they can offer for him

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Is gurianov still serviceable?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

In that case idgi, but I guess the Stars are opening I some cap space?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/1629874717355016193?t=MZjToUQj5I_25-MPLcaCjQ&s=09

I'd say I wonder who, but there's no one in the system worth getting too worked up about.

Barbashev feels exactly what Vegas needs as well, displacing Kessel or Amadio from meaningful minutes

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/1629895501763194880?t=0F8ju6y7Dow8Jqi71OIotA&s=19

Ugh. Didn't want to give him up

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

the talent deficit posted:

cormier, sapovaliv, dorofeyev and brisson are all good prospects. vegas has been really good/lucky at finding value in rounds 2+

https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/1629895501763194880?t=qw6I02qBSePfzNIJgDcZMQ&s=19

The Athletic had him as one of their top five prospects alongside those four. Projects as a middle bottom six guy, but seems to have a high floor

tarbrush fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Feb 26, 2023

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Simplex posted:

News: Alex Tuch - 57 games played, 28 goals, 34 assists
Jack Eichel - 47 games played, 20 goals, 23 assists

Views: :lol:

It's not been great :(

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Koopa Kid posted:

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/1630587957999464448?s=20

Sure, they let Tampa win a cup doing it, but if anyone else tries it there’ll be hell to pay!

I assume this puts the Knights off acquiring anyone else, since they're clearly trying to Kucherov Stone

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/IneffectiveMath/status/1630659175733665794

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Are the Kings even vaguely contenders though? I do feel like chucking away a guy's chance to retire into the sunset for Jonas Korpisalo and a first tound exit is a bit of a dick move.