Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)
best year for Youtube AMVs?
This poll is closed.
2005 38 25.68%
2006 20 13.51%
2007 19 12.84%
2008 16 10.81%
2009 15 10.14%
2010 1 0.68%
2011 9 6.08%
2012 6 4.05%
2013 2 1.35%
2014 3 2.03%
2015 0 0%
2016 1 0.68%
2017 0 0%
2018 0 0%
2019 0 0%
2020 1 0.68%
2021 1 0.68%
2022 16 10.81%
Total: 148 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it's the year of problematic anime :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

just vote for the year they were uploaded to youtube

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

celery is for soups and salads not much else

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the one with aqua in the cage was the funniest konosuba bit, the rest of the series was all downhill after that

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Patware posted:

does bofuri ever actually do anything at all? it seemed like the lightest, fluffiest slice of life mmo thing possible

its a comedy about accidentally breaking the game in different ways, thats what it does. theres some cool boss fights occasionally too

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

log horizon is the best isekai because its adapted as just a big ensemble cast shonen anime and all the characters are great

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Leraika posted:

does log horizon get bad? I watched up to the part where they were negotiating with the princess npc

season 1 is great, season 2 is good but was a bit more divisive i think. season 3 i'm not really sure why they made it since its adapting a pretty transitional/inconsequential part of the story. i still enjoyed it since i just fundamentally really like the whole cast of that show whatever they're doing, but i also didnt wait 7 years for it so i get why people who did were disappointed

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

my guess is some exec/producer really wanted to finish the whole thing in one more 2-cour season and refused to back down on the Final Season branding even after learning that it wasnt possible to make it that fast. i remember there was reporting that pretty much every anime studio had turned down the project proposal for the final season for being impossible so it was probably something like that

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

authors are here to stay

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

my recollection is that its just a lame sappy ending for a series that didn't need or earn one

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that detective show was my monkeys paw fault for constantly complaining about how they never adapt mystery LNs anymore, sorry

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the witch

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

the anime was pretty solid, nothing exceptional though

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lol at final season final part part 1

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

im the broke guy for this one sorry

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

that seems more like global humor to me

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

k-on takes place in the real world so you already do

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

hard to imagine spy family not getting one, though it looks like the last disc isnt out until May in japan, so it might be a while

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

lol they made the entire fall season ineligible because they were embarrassed about JJK winning last year despite not being finished. unfortunately theyve chosen to make this change in a year where all the good shows came out in fall season

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

nah his team that made P5 have had a fantasy rpg in development since like 2017 dunno what happened to that but hes presumably still there. there was talk that they'd pass the reins to younger staff for persona 6 but who knows if theyre even making that

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Southern Cassowary posted:

unrelated: kind of in the mood for a breezy/fun romance anime or an iyashikei tonight, what should i watch? i was considering k-on s2 but i think their take on the music stuff would annoy me right now and i want to give it a fair shake.

tanaka-kun is always listless

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ehh every awards show is just a psychic attack on people with good taste, this one is no different

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Big Leg posted:

i will be for sure. still have 3 episodes left but i have no idea what a sequel would be like

its not really a sequel, just a separate story in the same 'franchise'

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Big Leg posted:

it's got some pretty big shoes to fill as long as gridman doesn't collapse into a black hole the last couple episodes. but if it's the same director they've earned my trust

its a more orthodox & thus less impactful story imo but yeah same director/writer and still very strong

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

oh yeah i think dyna is a tick better visually, especially the fights are improved

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

verbal enema posted:

Bocchi btw that was a cute lil season.

now to catch up on the manga

kinda in the mood to watch some more anime throw me some recs from the past couple years i havent kept up with poo poo

sleepy princess

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

if you step out for one weekend, dig two graves

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

jin-roh very good, maquia good, i didnt like pompo but other people here seem to have

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

im finally watching space dandy, it's good

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

aaaa the oshiyama episode of space dandy. that was the coolest one so far

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You should watch it with your full attention because the classics deserve respect!!

this

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Pan Dulce posted:

I saw Bocchi based on y'all's recommendation and loved it. If I liked it, are Given and K-On similar enough that I'll like them too?

given is a drama so not very similar

k-on is a classic but has a different vibe to it, more of a hangout/sitcom show, less about the band/music stuff, especially in the superior second season. definitely worth trying

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

every episode in the 2nd half of space dandy is incredible. top tier anime

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

are they even making more rezero anime yet? you can worry about this in 2028 when season 4 comes out

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Endorph posted:

i mean also theyd have the manpower if they paid animators more. there was an industry poll and something like half the animators that enter the industry drop out within 3 years because they cant sustain themselves. like to be clear other reasons for retiring from the industry (overwork, family issues, wound up not liking the work, injury/illness,) arent even being counted here, its solely people going 'i wasnt making enough money to live off of.'

yeah this is the root cause really, on both ends. anime is artificially cheap to make becuase they dont actually pay the animators, and because its cheap to make companies like kadokawa just greenlight an anime for every title in their catalog instead of picking their spots

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Dr Kool-AIDS posted:

I just watched episode 24 of season 2 of K-On and it was pretty much perfect. I know there are still some episodes left, and a movie, but I kind of feel like it should just be over now. I'm obviously going to keep watching though.

yeah that's the actual ending, the remaining stuff is bonus eps that take place before it, as does the movie

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

im gonna watch taisho baseball girls

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

girls last tour anime is an all-timer for me. manga is very good too, cant go wrong either way

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tales of Woe posted:

im gonna watch taisho baseball girls

update: this show is really good i love it